Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sweat Emily! You really do ROCK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Emily,
You do a great job! I love the CC and wish I could particiapte more often. I really try, but somedays life gets in the way. I truly am bummed when I cannot get to it the same day it is posted. You have no need to apologize, Laruen so deserves it in many ways! Smile, take in all the cyber hugs sent your way, and start planning CC101. You're the best girl! ;)
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy really *REALLY* means it (Snort)

Emily - you and I have PM'ed over this - NO BIG DEAL! Really - I am sure that in hindsight - if you had done a drawing - yay! Fantastic. But you know what - MYtime's card was FRICKIN adorable - award winning! And to do a card like that so Dang QUICK! WOW!

You saw my "pregnancy induced hormonal" response in the CC thread. Please don't make me go there again! I like that you make us think outside the box - I love cc and I appreciate that you volunteer your time to do this!

Let's all just STAMP! Okay!?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #44  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh for Pete's Sake!!!!! I cannot believe we have another one of these complaining issues going on over a challenge. I thought we had enough of this bull over Labor Day Weekend. I would imagine if we took the average age off all the SCS members it would be about 45 years of age.....not 3!

Our challenge moderators are volunteers. They give of themselves week after week and I, for one, love every dog gone thing they do for us. I do not take part in these challenges to win contests. I take part in the challenges because I am a winner every time I finish my project and feel accomplished by my own creativity. This site is a haven for us to come to and to share our love of this craft with others. I do not appreciate anyone taking away from that joy!

Emily, I appreciate your faithfulness in providing a challenge for us week after week. Thank you so much!

Last edited by kittie747; 02-06-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Dont think you should apologize either. It is for fun.

Congratulations to the winner, still fairly new to this site so still figuring out who's who on this site.

Thanks , the cc keep me stamping and creativity (hopefully) flowing.

Here is my card for the challenge.
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Sheri :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lauren's card was so cute! Congratulations to her and you do such a great job with the color challenges although I haven't participated yet but I do enjoy looking at everyones creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't think you owe anyone an apology. I think this was totally fair. I am very happy for Lauren. She did a great job. I logged on and was ready to post 35 minutes after she did, but I knew she had won so I didn't. I'm sorry that something so fun and cool was ruined. Please don't let this stop you from doing it again. Emily you rock and I think the majority of the people really appreciate all you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittie747
Oh for Pete's Sake!!!!! I cannot believe we have another one of these complaining issues going on over a challenge. I thought we had enough of this bull over Labor Day Weekend. I would imagine if we took the average age off all the SCS members it would be about 45 years of age.....not 3!

Our challenge moderators are volunteers. They give of themselves week after week and I, for one, love every dog gone thing they do for us. I do not take part in these challenges to win contests. I take part in the challenges because I am a winner every time I finish my project and feel accomplished by my own creativity. This site is a haven for us to come to and to share our love of this craft with others. I do not appreciate anyone taking away from that joy!

Emily, I appreciate your faithfulness in providing a challenge for us week after week. Thank you so much!
Ditto! I agree! Thank you Emily for the challenges and the inspiration! You're doing an AWESOME job! The prize looks AWESOME and congrats to Lauren!
Proud Fan Club Member

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh Emily... I am so sorry that someone was upset! As everyone else has said, you have nothing to apologize for. The fact that I can come to this site every day and see so much talent is a gift and from the bottom of my heart I think you and all the other challenge organizers are the absolute best!!!!!!!! Please don't worry another minute about it! You do a great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Okay I normally don't stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, and I really don't even participate in the challenges. But I like Emily so I HAD to post my 2 cents. I was stunned when I read what was said in this thread!!!
Some people are just so miserable in their own lives that they have to try and point fingers and make others look bad so that the finger is not pointed at them, or they don't have to think about their own miserable existance. ( I am not centering anyone out...I am making a statement)
IMO, if you don't like the challenge, move on....or choose another one. There is a variety for a reason! Sheesh. While one person cannot please everyone, keep in mind that she may be pleasing a lot of others!! You obviously have no clue how hard Emily works, or how many people stalk her challenge each week. I am sure your attitude will not be missed if you don't come back!
Emily you are very much appreciated by hundreds of people, and you should never feel the need to appologize for any of your challenges!! (((hugs to you)))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs, Emily. Thank you for volunteering your time each week. I love the color challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops... forgot to say...

CONGRATS LAUREN! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am not a participant in the color challenges (have very few SU! colors in my paper and ink stash), but since discovering the challenges board a few weeks ago, I check each challenge every day to see what's new and greatly enjoy the talent and inspiration shared by all the artists here at SCS.

Thank you, Emily, for your dedication and commitment to this site and to your fellow paper craft artists ! Thanks also, to Leigh for her creative gift and congratulations to Lauren on winning the prize !

-- kimB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think you do an awesome job with the challenges and are amazing for all the work you do to get ready for them! I would ask that ou just take lots of pics of that little awesome book so that we can make one too! We are sooo fortunalte that you are generous enough to make anything for a prize...so people need to stop complaining and start appreciating!

Congrats Lauren on your awesome win!!! you deserve it girl!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just want to say Thanks again for the CC , Emily. I thought we were all winners just to get to see that awesome prize. and what a neat idea to case. Love the Color challenges ( All the challenges really) even though I can't always get them done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Emily I just want to say thnak you for all your hard work here on SCS! We truly value your time, and energy. You inspire us all. I hope you continue to do this as I look forward to it every week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #57  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Emily, I appreciate all you do for us with these challenges, and I don't have any hard feelings either. It is difficult to keep it fair, so please don't worry about it. Okay? I'm just glad to be a part of this community!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #58  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Emily

I do participate in some of the other challenges and I love them. I have never participated in yours though and not because I have not wanted to but because I have primarily CTMH supplies, inks, markers, etc. I do enjoy seeing what comes out of your challenge every week and it helps me in making my own cards with my own CTMH colors. I have commented on many of the cards coming out of your challenge..

One thing I must say is that if I truly wanted to participate, all I would have to do is match up my colors to SU colors and make a card. I am 100% confident that no one would be upset that I did that, that I did not use the exact SU color. That is truly not what SCS is about....SCS is about encouragement, inspiration, compassion, friends, learning and fun....That is what it is for me and I think probably a good majority of the members here feel the same way.

You have absolutely no reason to have even started this thread but I respect that you did and that you care enough to address what I feel is the complaint of just one person! Hang in there...I will keep enjoying the cards as a color challenge fan, not a participant! And maybe someday, I will match those colors up and partake in the fun because I know I am welcome to do that without even asking permission to! Enjoy the rest of your evening....no worries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Just another pat on the back for Emily and a big congrats to Lauren!!

Although I never post cards, I do this challenge every week. Thanks for all your hard work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #60  
Gallery Gazer

Ems-Have I told you today that I love you???

If not, there you have it. Mean people suck.

That's all I have to say about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Emily,
I, too feel like everyone else. You don't owe an apology to anyone. These challenges are so fun and are great learning experiences. I probably would have never gotten so in to this hobby if it weren't for all of you. I love it. Thank you for all you do.
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #62  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Emily, Emily, Emily!!!
I haven't even read one thing on this thread yet but it saddens me to see your generous offer of a contest to be tainted by bad feelings. You didn't have to give away anything at all! It's a giveaway

You know, a week or two ago, I scrambled to make a card for the black and white limited supplies challenge. I really wanted to win 'cause the prize was to be a featured stamper on Jen70's blog and I would give my eye teeth for that honor. Well, I read through the direction so fast I got the directions backwards. I found out through another member that I did it backwards and I contacted Jen and told her that I should be disqualified because I did it wrong. LOL! So, me and my disqualified card got tons of great comments and I was thrilled to have stamped a fun card! It was only a contest, not like I was trying to win a kidney for my child or something. No big deal. (Well, I still want to be on Jen's site but that's for another day. ...Maybe if I bake her cookies...LOL!!! Ahhh, I crack myself up.) Don't sweat it. My goodness, don't sweat it. You rock.
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Emily, you don't have to apologize for anything. For Pete's sake, you do enough work as it is creating a wonderful challenge for us everyweek. That's prize enough in my book. I know you do not get enough thank you's for all of the hard work you do either. So....Thank you so much!

Lauren, congrats on winning. You so deserve some sunshine and I can't wait to see what you post from all of the challenges in the book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #64  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Aww, shucks guys! Thank you so much for participating, doing challenges of your own, stalking and everything else that makes this place what it is. I won't give the ugly comments another thought.

In fact, my dad stopped by tonight and sent Matthew and I off to the movies. (finally got to see that James Bond movie!) I just finished my ice cream and I am going to bed. I really appreciate all the kind comments from each and every one of you. Especially those that made me laugh! Thank you!

Last edited by emilymomto3boys; 02-06-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

you do an outstanding job every week at posting the color challenges!! if it wasn't for this challenge and all the others, lots of us would be stuck in our own little creative ruts!! who cares who wins or loses -- we all have fun and that is the whole point!! I'm thrilled that lauren won the book!!

keep posting those challenges Emily!!! and keep smiling!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey, don't beat yourself up. I am reading this late like almost midnight = the first time I have had all day to check the site. I think it was a great plan so let's just get over it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #67  
Desmond's Darlin'

EMILY ROCKS!!!!

The Color Combos ROCK
And Leigh O'Brien's Book ROCKS!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #68  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

of course that is what you wanted Emily, and i am sorry if it turned out dic\fferntly than you had planned. And ditto here, congrats to Lauren who is an AWESOME stamper! Nancyruth
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:05 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kittie said it!!
Emily and all the challenge gals you are the bestest and thank you for all your hard work!! (((((warm hugs from cold SD!!)))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Emily ROCKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #71  
JRT
Gallery Gazer

I'm here a day late and more then a dollor short

I would just like to thank you "Emily" for every color challenge that has come up. Wow, 100. There are days I can't even think of one color challenge much less 100. Thank You for doing these challenges for me and every other stamper who appreciates this hard work and this website for making us think outside the box. My week would be rather boring without a good challenge.
And you are sweet to offer someone a prize, how nice. By the way it's awesome what a great idea. I think when I get time I'm going to make my own with your ideas.
----------------------------

Smile and the World smiles with you.
Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow, I just came back to this challenge to make a link to it and end up finding out how out of it I am! Like they all said...Emily rocks and congrats to Lauren!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:45 AM   #73  
Gallery Gazer

I think it's unfortunate you felt as though you needed to apologize, Emily. I thought your colors were fantastic and I can't wait to use the challenge (maybe after my big fundraiser this Sat!)

One thing I love about SCS is that it is cutting edge. I love seeing the hip new tools, techs and color combos. Please continue to use In Colors in the challenges. The reason we only get them for a year is to stay trendy! Those who don't care about the trends always have the option of substituting.

Thanks Emily!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper
Emily ROCKS!
Yes she does..... :mrgreen:

Just a little quote of the day I found!!

"When you're a winner you're always happy, but if you're happy as a loser you'll always be a loser."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 AM   #75  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

amen, kittie!!!!! you go girl!!!!

For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8

my blog http://wwwfeedingmysoul.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #76  
Polyshrink Goddess

You really shouldn't need to appologize, you were very clear about how the winner was going to be chosen, if someone feels discriminated against because they are on the west coast or have a job or don't have the specific color in the challenge, that's an issue that person needs to deal with...stop being so frickin' sensative folks, this is supposed to fun, why must you get your panties in such a wad? Emily you do a great job, keep it up, don't let the hyper-sensitive ninnies get to you! And now everyone go ahead...flame away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Emily,
Thank you for all your hard work. Even though I don't get a chance to participate often, I LIVE for seeing the weekly color challenge. You are an inspiration to all and your efforts and your generosity are much appreciated. I am so happy that Lauren won the challenge!!! Kudos to her and to you for your creativity and for challenging us all weekly. You are more than fair and kind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #78  
Glitter Guru

Emily - no need to make any apologies whatsoever!

Your color challenges are really inspiring for me, and I look forward to them every week.

Even though I wasn't even remotely close to winning this great prize, it has given me the idea that I could create my own book of the 100 Color CHallenges...we all could! (thought it won't look nearly as nice as Leigh's!)

Thanks again for all that you do for SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #79  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I don't think anyone could say it any better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphenecho
Yes she does..... :mrgreen:

Just a little quote of the day I found!!

"When you're a winner you're always happy, but if you're happy as a loser you'll always be a loser."
<giggles> Confuscious?
Reply With Quote Likes