Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Clean and Simple Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/)
-   -   Technique Challenge CAS200PARTYC (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/technique-challenge-cas200partyc-t565580.html)

resqbarbie 12-08-2012 08:04 AM

Technique Challenge CAS200PARTYC

3 Attachment(s)
Challenge: “Technique- Dazzling Diamond Dust”
Keyword: CAS200PARTYC
Hostess: LilLuvsStampin (Charlene)
Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hello, stampers! I hope you are having fun with the CAS200 Challenge Celebration, and I hope you’ll join me in my dazzling technique challenge I have for you!! Specifically, I would like you to use the Dazzling Diamond Dust technique on your card. You can find the tutorial for this technique in the Tutorials section (HERE). However, here’s a quick outline of what you’ll need and the steps you take to do this technique.
You will need the following supplies:
Versamark (or some form of embossing ink)
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Begin by stamping your image and coloring it the way you want. If you plan to use a Nestability or punch to cut out your image, do that next. Stamp your Versamark over the entire area of your image panel. Make sure you have it completely covered. Sprinkle Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat emboss. You will have a dazzling effect to your image!
I look forward to seeing what you create!
Splitcoaststampers - Dazzling Diamond Dust Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the 200th Party Challenge Master Thread HERE

Thanks to Nancy Littrell and ltecler for fabulous samples!

tessaduck 12-08-2012 09:02 AM

I LIKE this technique! It gave an old (well loved) stamp image new life.

dazzles by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LilLuvsStampin 12-08-2012 09:29 AM

I'm so excited to see what everyone does for this technique! Here's a link to my Diamond Studded Ornaments

nancy littrell 12-08-2012 09:56 AM

Here is my Dazzling Diamond Dust Snowman card with the deets.

Did you know you can substitute Irridescent Ice for 50% Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and 50% Clear EB powder? I used I. Ice on my card, but....if you do not have it :p

Thanks Charlene for a dazzling technique and Denise for all you do to keep us CAS inspired :p

LilLuvsStampin 12-08-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy littrell (Post 19873234)

Did you know you can substitute Irridescent Ice for 50% Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and 50% Clear EB powder? I used I. Ice on my card, but....if you do not have it :p

Thanks Charlene for a dazzling technique and Denise for all you do to keep us CAS inspired :p

You are so awesome to share this tip with us!! Thanks, Nancy!

naturecoastcrafter 12-08-2012 01:20 PM

This was fun, Charlene. I had a good image for it, I think.
DDD Snow Scene by naturecoastcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Schofield27 12-08-2012 05:33 PM

Got one card made for today's challenges! Yippee! Enjoy!

It's Raining

PS - Love this technique!

stamp300 12-08-2012 08:08 PM

CAS200PARTYC Little Christmas by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's mine.

simplybeautiful 12-08-2012 09:01 PM

Loved this challenge, I don't think I have ever done this technique.
here is my card - Rejoice

TesaB 12-09-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy littrell (Post 19873234)

Thank you Nancy, this made my day! :) Here is my take using a mix of glitter and clear embossing powder.
Celebrate the season

muzbysmom 12-09-2012 03:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Started and threw out a multitide of cards yesterday! Had a hard time with this technique but here's what I ended up with. I got so far last night and finished it this morning.... I used up all of my irridescent ice so ended up using Amuse simple stick and dazzling diamonds... We got snow overnight so this card REALLY has significance for me!

LilLuvsStampin 12-09-2012 09:55 AM

I don't see your adorable card in the gallery, Lynn. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 19874195)
Started and threw out a multitide of cards yesterday! Had a hard time with this technique but here's what I ended up with. I got so far last night and finished it this morning.... I used up all of my irridescent ice so ended up using Amuse simple stick and dazzling diamonds... We got snow overnight so this card REALLY has significance for me!

muzbysmom 12-09-2012 10:20 AM

Not a fan cub member and it's Sunday... X

Holstein 12-09-2012 01:08 PM

Fun technique....Here is my card. CAS200PARTYC, Friendship by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LMcAree 12-09-2012 01:08 PM

Thanks for the fun challenge Charlene!!! Here is my card: CAS200PARTYC by LMcAree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 12-09-2012 03:44 PM

Fun challenge, Charlene. Here's my Iridescent Snowlady .

StampinAK 12-09-2012 04:32 PM

Here's mine:
Clean & Simple Party - Technique by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mamaxsix 12-10-2012 06:36 AM

Did the best I could with what I had: Dazzling Joy

ReginaBD 12-10-2012 11:33 AM

Thanks for reminding me about this fabulous (and so easy) technique! Here's my card: Merry

octoberbabe 12-12-2012 08:18 PM

Fun, fun fun! Here's my card for challenge C:

CAS200PARTYC Rose Red Dandelion by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

elmo98ca 12-13-2012 06:37 AM

Here's what I came up with using one of my latest acquisitions:

Celebrate the Season

scootsv 12-13-2012 07:49 AM

I forgot to post this. Thanks to Denise for hosting this challenge.

Glitter Angel

muzbysmom 12-15-2012 01:14 PM

Here's the link to my card

LL's Dazzling CAS200PARTYC Snowmen by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers