Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Clean and Simple Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/)
-   -   CAS98 - Inspired by an Apron (12/20/10) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas98-inspired-apron-12-20-10-a-t515218.html)

Miss Boo 12-20-2010 01:36 AM

CAS98 - Inspired by an Apron (12/20/10)

1 Attachment(s)
We're so sorry for the wait in posting this challenge. Both Denise and I have major migraines. I can sit now, so the waiting is done. Yay!

What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple. Below is the reworded definition.

It's all about the design.
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

Clean & Simple

December 20: A Photo Inspiration Challenge
This apron is an item featured at The Country Porch. It is attached and you can also find it at this link.

KEYWORD: CAS98
It's also great to add the keyword: CAS so that you're in two galleries.

Leave some love for our tremendous & devoted design team. Here are some samples to help you get started:

Winter Design Team
Birgit's Card
Cindy's Card
Nancy's Card

Hostesses/Coordinators
Denise's Card
Boo's Card

Guest Designer
Amisjag

CAS98 Gallery

Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!

Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!

1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Miss Boo 12-20-2010 01:40 AM

The winner of the extra guest designer spot... You ladies are incredible and it was incredibly difficult to actually pick one. :eek:

Guest Designer: mamamostamps

Challenge Gallery

va.sunshine 12-20-2010 02:29 AM

I hope you both are feeling better soon!

Oh my isn't this apron so sweeeeet, thanks a bunch.

NANCYRUTH 12-20-2010 03:43 AM

thanks Jen, I love that apron! Congrats to the team!! HERE is my card!!!

n5stamper 12-20-2010 03:53 AM

Here is my NATURE'S POSTAGE.

stampercamper 12-20-2010 04:13 AM

Thanks for the fun apron for an inspiration! Hope the rest of your day is better than how it started! Here's my card...
Filled with Love CAS98 by stampercamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hobbydujour 12-20-2010 04:25 AM

Pretty apron, Jen, for inspiration. I saw a patchwork of patterns and colors and went that route...incorporating the TLC challenge into the card as well.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

HOME SWEET HOME

Vicky Gould 12-20-2010 04:28 AM

Fun challenge, Jen. Thanks.

Here's mine:

Soul's Blossom

resqbarbie 12-20-2010 04:28 AM

whew, it was a rough night, I never got back to the computer! I am actually in the ER right now, sneaking on my iphone....my migraine got so bad I had to come here....they said I'll be leaving by this afternoon, so no worries. I actually feel a lot better. They gave me some cool drugs and OXYGEN which is a big help. I'll be back later to check out the gallery!

Miss Boo 12-20-2010 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie (Post 17709673)
whew, it was a rough night, I never got back to the computer! I am actually in the ER right now, sneaking on my iphone....my migraine got so bad I had to come here....they said I'll be leaving by this afternoon, so no worries. I actually feel a lot better. They gave me some cool drugs and OXYGEN which is a big help. I'll be back later to check out the gallery!

Checking in before I go to the doctor's office.
Drugs and oxygen... we need to talk. ;)
So glad you're feeling better.

juliemlacey 12-20-2010 05:10 AM

What a pretty apron! Can't wait to play later! :)

Hope you're all feeling better soon!

CAKath 12-20-2010 05:34 AM

Denise and Jen, I truly hope today is a better day for both of you. Thanks for still getting the challenge out for us today. I was stalking last night and took a wild guess to get my card done before I have to hop on an airplane today. I didn't want to miss another challenge. I needed a masculine card, so I took a slight detour for the challenge using the color of the apron.

Masculine Support by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 12-20-2010 06:01 AM

Although I don't usually have time to do a CAS challenge (CAS is not my normal style and I really have to think about it), I did like the apron this morning -- so here is my card:

CAS Sage Postage

stampkinz 12-20-2010 06:04 AM

Here is what I came up with:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1864737?&cat=500&ppuser=50506

jdmommy 12-20-2010 06:35 AM

I think this is still technically a CAS card.........no dimensionals, flat layers. Here it is:TLC304, CAS98, Party Apron by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

allee's 12-20-2010 06:55 AM

I love the gentle colors and the damask!

Here is my card:

Have a GREAT Day!

ButterflyEars 12-20-2010 07:24 AM

Thanks for the cute apron as the inspiration.
Chicken Tissue Box Cover
Thanks for looking and taking time to comment.

bfinlay 12-20-2010 08:26 AM

Beautiful apron for inspiration today, thanks very much: Here's my Buttons and Lace

Kathy LeDonne 12-20-2010 08:35 AM

With tomorrow being the first day of winter, I just can't think of spring quite yet and so I made another Christmas card:

TLC304, CAS98 Apron by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ButterflyEars 12-20-2010 09:09 AM

Another one for me, I really like this one.
Nature's Postage Waterlilly
Thanks for looking and taking time to comment.

k dunbrook 12-20-2010 09:39 AM

Fun challenge....I knew what I wanted to do right away and that never happens!! Really hope you ladies are feeling better.
here is my card:

Inspired by an Apron

lacyquilter 12-20-2010 10:22 AM

Here's my card: wish.

mamamostamps 12-20-2010 12:19 PM

Yay Jen, thank you!!! I'm so excited!!!

MM2002 12-20-2010 12:33 PM

Here is my card. It is dedicated to Miss Boo and Resqbarbie. Hope you two feel better soon!

The inspriation came from the color of the apron. Also, even though it wasn't a floral pattern, the pattern made me think of flowers for some reason.

Get Well Wishes

God bless and happy stamping!

LateBlossom 12-20-2010 01:07 PM

Sorry you two are under the weather. I'm right there with you, and it stinks, especially so close to Christmas.

Here's my card. I didn't go patterned, but the scallops and colors and ribbon and button give it the apron-y feel, I hope.

Apron Thanks

maryrose 12-20-2010 01:26 PM

Loved that apron! Here's my card:

CAS98: You made my day! by maryrose - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Hope you're feeling a bit better!

StephStamps1982 12-20-2010 02:35 PM

What a fun challenge! I think I am gonna have to make a stack of these since they were so fun and simple to make!

My Submission:

DREAM

and close up of my flowers

Thanks for looking! Happy Stampin! God Bless!

artystamper 12-20-2010 02:58 PM

I had the perfect apron for the challenge today! CAS98, TLC304, A Stitched Apron by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampingout 12-20-2010 03:10 PM

Here is my card!

Life Is Good.... by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjbapp 12-20-2010 03:13 PM

Here's mine! Loved this challenge!

CAS98 CAS Simple Serendipity by cjbapp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cookiebaker 12-20-2010 06:58 PM

Adore that gorgeous apron! Great inspiration piece!

Here's mine:

Damask my Apron

corysnana1 12-20-2010 09:38 PM

I love the apron. It inspired this card: Jolly Snowman by corysnana1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for the challenge.

va.sunshine 12-21-2010 03:56 AM

here is mine

You're In My Thoughts

cookiebaker 12-21-2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie (Post 17709673)

Denise, take care of yourself. Praying for you. God bless!

nancy littrell 12-21-2010 10:32 AM

I was inspired by the 3 ruffles and colors in the apron. I kept it CAS...duhhh and really like the results. Hope you do too. Jen and Denise, hope you feel better. No time to be down and out this time of year !

Ruffles for a Happy birthday

Chupa 12-22-2010 07:16 AM

Here's mine: U rock!
Thanks for looking, and Happy Christmas!!!

ReginaBD 12-22-2010 09:20 AM

I decided to make a New Year's card with this fun inspiration challenge. Happy New Year!