Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Clean and Simple Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/)
-   -   CAS201 Inspiration from a Photo (12/17/12) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas201-inspiration-photo-12-17-12-a-t565955.html)

resqbarbie 12-16-2012 04:27 PM

CAS201 Inspiration from a Photo (12/17/12)

1 Attachment(s)
The CAS challenge will be taking off the next 2 weeks for Christmas and New Years...we will be back on January 7, 2013 for a Brand new and exciting challenge to start off the new year!
For more inspiration in these next 2 weeks, check out our 200th Challenge Party HERE

Please keep the CAS challenges limited to cards only.
Thank you!

What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.

It's all about the design .
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

Clean & Simple

~~~CAS WEEKLY CHALLENGE~~~

Hoping you are all having a Happy Holiday Season and a Healthy and Happy New Year!

CAS201
Inspired by a Photo
Country Christmas

Attachment 264045

** My card is going to Connecticut to Sandy Hook Elementary. I know it's not much but it's what we as cardmakers do. If you would like to send yours also here is the info:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT. 06482

KEYWORD: CAS201
It's also great to add the keyword: CAS so that you're in two galleries.

Leave some love please for our talented and dedicated Winter Design Team! Here are some samples to get you started:

Winter Design Team

va.sunshine - Teresa
janellelarson - Jan
Clownmom - Lois
Shadow's Mom - Lee-Anne

Coordinator

Resqbarbie

Guest Designer

allee's

CAS201 Gallery

Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration, showcase the CAS style and to get us stamping!

Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
You're done!

December 17
CAS201- Pinterest Inspiration Challenge
Country Christmas

stampercamper 12-16-2012 07:01 PM

What a fabulous inspiration photo! Here's my card...
CAS201 Peace on Earth by stampercamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hskelly 12-16-2012 07:48 PM

Here is my card - Peace on Earth

hobbydujour 12-16-2012 08:01 PM

Lovely photo for inspiration, Denise. The candles are the obvious, but I went with the wreaths at their bases for mine.

WREATH

cullenwr 12-16-2012 09:13 PM

The candles led me to this "all is bright" sentiment...MY CARD.

Biggan 12-16-2012 11:34 PM

Thanks for all lovely challenges during 2012!! Here´s mine;

Candle

TFL!
Birgit

n5stamper 12-17-2012 02:34 AM

Here is my SEASON'S HOLIDAY GREETINGS.

sue28 12-17-2012 02:38 AM

CAS201

My card for this challenge -

CAS201 Rose & Raspberry Christmas Flower by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you, Denise, & all the Design Team :D

muzbysmom 12-17-2012 03:15 AM

What a wonderful idea to send a card to Sandy Hook Elementary! Hopefully I'll be able to get going on a card a little later this morning.....

muzbysmom 12-17-2012 04:03 AM

I did sit right down and make my card. I, too, made a card with a wreath. It was made out of a MS punch and liquid pearls.

LL's CAS201 Inspiration from a Photo Wreath by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 12-17-2012 05:29 AM

Here's mine: Christmas Thankyou

stampingout 12-17-2012 05:54 AM

Here is my card!

Deck The Halls-CAS201 by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 12-17-2012 07:24 AM

When Tim Holtz says his picket fence distress marker dries opaque, he MEANS it! How to tone down the blinding white candle? Eh. Who wants to?

CAS201 His presence by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Greywolf 12-17-2012 08:17 AM

This is a great inspiration challenge, and I hope to get time to play along. Wouldn't this have been a good challenge for the Comfy & Cozy VSN - make a card with a candle. Sure wish I'd thought of that.

Loving all the beautiful cards with or without candles in the gallery.

simplybeautiful 12-17-2012 09:19 AM

here is my Country Christmas

naturecoastcrafter 12-17-2012 01:51 PM

Needed this photo today, Denise, and CAS team. Thank you.
Holiday Glow by naturecoastcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

momof5sons 12-17-2012 04:26 PM

What a beautiful inspiration piece - and thanks for the wonderful inspiration of the DT! Here is my Serene Inspiration card.

Crafty Julia 12-17-2012 04:35 PM

CAS201 Jolly Old St. Nick

What a wonderful photo! It felt so traditional to me, I decided to do a card with a Christmas/Santa/presents theme. I couldn't forget the lovely holly and berries, so I found some dp to accentuate that element. Here's Jolly Old St. Nick

GimmeInk 12-17-2012 09:29 PM

What a beautiful photo and a wonderful idea to send a card to CT!!!

Here's mine: Hugs

thecircleguru 12-21-2012 03:23 PM

Great photo inspiration!

Here's mine:
Fill Your Home With Light

artystamper 12-22-2012 10:28 AM

Finally got some stamping time! combining several of this weeks challenge in my candle card! A Simple Sparkly Blue Candle Thanks! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

AudreyAnn 12-23-2012 04:12 PM

I don't get to play in these challenges often, and even though I'm very late didn't want to pass up the opportunity!! Thanks for the great challenge - here's my card: { Peace on Earth }

I'll be back this week to comment!!

Blessings!
Audrey