Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Clean and Simple Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/)
-   -   CAS 186 Ways to Use It- FABRIC (9/3/12) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas-186-ways-use-fabric-9-3-12-a-t560371.html)

resqbarbie 09-02-2012 06:22 PM

CAS 186 Ways to Use It- FABRIC (9/3/12)

Please keep the CAS challenges limited to cards only.
Thank you!

What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.

It's all about the design.
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

Clean & Simple

I would like to introduce our new FALL DESIGN TEAM!

Schofield27-------------------- Kim
stinkincute-------------------- Kelly
naturecoastcrafter------------ Jean
tessaduck---------------------- Brenda

~~~CAS WEEKLY CHALLENGE~~~

September 3
CAS186 Ways to use It
FABRIC

KEYWORD: CAS186
It's also great to add the keyword: CAS so that you're in two galleries.

Leave some love for our BRAND NEW FALL design team! Here are some amazing samples to help you get started:

Fall Design Team

Schofield27-Kim
stinkincute- Kelly
naturecoastcrafter- Jean
tessaduck- Brenda

Coordinator
resqbarbie- Denise

Guest Designer
hobbydujuor - Sallie

CAS186 Gallery

Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.

If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!

Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
You're done!

Arizona Maine 09-02-2012 07:42 PM

Looking forward to all the creations of the Fall design team! Hello and Congratulations Kim, Kelly, Jean and Brenda!

gabalot 09-02-2012 07:52 PM

CONGRATS to the new CAS fall dt and the guest designer, Sallie! I look so forward to seeing your work! I am off to the gallery for my first glimpse of it ... . :)

hskelly 09-02-2012 08:24 PM

Congrats to our Fall CAS DT!!! Here is my Pocket Full of Posies card.

Biggan 09-02-2012 08:38 PM

Thanks for a fun challenge!! I did three cards from the same fabric pieces! :)

Fabric 1
Fabric 2
Fabric 3

TFL!
Birgit

tessaduck 09-02-2012 09:02 PM

fabric as bg

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's the deal.

I'm thrilled beyond belief to have been selected for the fall design team. When I found out, I yelled loud enough to scare the neighbor's cats (not mine. He's used to bizarre behavior.) and then freaked: I've GOT to come up with REALLY great sample cards. Fussed all weekend, stewed over the theme, made mistake after mistake. I FINALLY figured out that 1) this is supposed to be clean (at least in the card design, not so much my craft domain) and simple, and 2) it's supposed to be fun. Right? Laughed all the time I was trying to tidy up and then cranked out the right card, the one Denise linked. I also uploaded the results from my panicky stamping. Lesson learned.

Here's the quilt scrap card. (I started with a scrap of fabric from my prom dress--totally antique!--but it's embossed peau de soie and ravels like crazy.)

CAS186 Paisley by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And here's a pic of Jodi and me. We're the crib quilt queens. We finished at least 12 quilts and 4 fleece throws to donate to our high school's nursery.

Jeanne S 09-02-2012 10:45 PM

Here's mine:
Smile by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sarahzoe 09-03-2012 03:25 AM

Congratulations to the new design team. Here's my fabric card: CAS186 Fabric by sarahzoe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

resqbarbie 09-03-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 19659915)
Okay, here's the deal.

I'm thrilled beyond belief to have been selected for the fall design team. When I found out, I yelled loud enough to scare the neighbor's cats (not mine. He's used to bizarre behavior.) and then freaked: I've GOT to come up with REALLY great sample cards. Fussed all weekend, stewed over the theme, made mistake after mistake. I FINALLY figured out that 1) this is supposed to be clean (at least in the card design, not so much my craft domain) and simple, and 2) it's supposed to be fun. Right? Laughed all the time I was trying to tidy up and then cranked out the right card, the one Denise linked. I also uploaded the results from my panicky stamping. Lesson learned.

Here's the quilt scrap card. (I started with a scrap of fabric from my prom dress--totally antique!--but it's embossed peau de soie and ravels like crazy.)

And here's a pic of Jodi and me. We're the crib quilt queens. We finished at least 12 quilts and 4 fleece throws to donate to our high school's nursery.

Brenda, I'm glad you learned the most important lesson...it doesn't have to be perfect, just have fun! Your cards are wonderful! Your quilts are fabulous too!

Miss Minx 09-03-2012 04:19 AM

Here's mine: Watercoloring on Fabric by Miss Minx - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for the challenge :)

TreasureOiler 09-03-2012 04:28 AM

Fabulous challenge!!! Love using canvas, felt and fabric!

Congrats to the new dt members too!

Holstein 09-03-2012 04:31 AM

Congratulations to all the fall design team!!! My card for the challenge.
CAS186 Anniversary flower by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ohmypaper! 09-03-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 19659915)
Okay, here's the deal.

Love your crib quilt photo!!!! Loved your honesty about your first card for the CAS DT! Sounds like me. It's super fun but sometimes I take it too seriously!! You made a FABULOUS CAS fabric card!

ohmypaper! 09-03-2012 05:33 AM

Congrats to all the new DT members!!!! I hope to play a little more often in future!!!!

TreasureOiler 09-03-2012 07:53 AM

Great challenge...here is my card:
Tomorrow is Another Day

Thanks for looking!

barbat52 09-03-2012 08:32 AM

Congrats DT members. Can't wait to see more of your work!

Marzipan 09-03-2012 08:48 AM

Congratulations to all:p

Great challenge Ladies!

Here's mine: CAS186 Kindness by Marzipan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muzbysmom 09-03-2012 09:15 AM

I was thinking I couldn't come up with a card for this challenge since I'm not a sewer and have no scrap fabric in the house when I remembered felt is fabric! Off to a family Labor Day BBQ but just might get a card made later today......

CAKath 09-03-2012 09:29 AM

CAS186 Plaid Birthday

Although I was initially panicked about using fabric, it worked out. Congrats to the talented new gals on the DT. Can't wait to see what you do over the next few months. Here's my perky, plaid offering for today's challenge.

CAS186 Plaid Birthday by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 09-03-2012 09:36 AM

CAS186 Smooth Sailing

Denise- great challenge. As I tend to put alot on my cards, I scaled it down- and I like the effect! I put a fabric "map" and a sailboat from Inkadinkado's Sea Breeze- here's Smooth Sailing

suen 09-03-2012 09:43 AM

Awesome challenge, Denise! Here's mine.

CAS186 Alaska Winter Village by suen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 09-03-2012 09:59 AM

CAS186 Bride with Flowers

I was inspired by Kindness by Marzipan with its gathered flower and square sewn background- and came up with Bride with Flowers- added a threaded fabric border and a bow for the pretty bride:)

Crafty Julia 09-03-2012 11:40 AM

CAS186 School List

In honor of the first day of school in our district- I made this card. Used SU's Sweet Stitches designer fabric, and Greeting Card Kids stamps. I crimped my "library card" background- there's even an apple for teacher!
Here's School List

suen 09-03-2012 11:46 AM

Thanks for the fun challenge, Denise! Here's my second.

CAS186 City Stars by suen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CAKath 09-03-2012 11:54 AM

CAS186 Plaid Christmas

A second submission. It's so great when you don't have to work. I could do this all day!! Thanks.

CAS186 Plaid Christmas by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TERRORE3 09-03-2012 12:11 PM

Cas186

Here's mine: Flag Fabric I totally enjoyed working with the Fabric... TFL

newchinamom 09-03-2012 12:44 PM

Here is mine... thanks!

CAS 186 Ways to use it Fabric challenge 9/13/12 by newchinamom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

angelsparkly 09-03-2012 01:01 PM

Congrats to the new design team!! Haven't been able to play with paper much this last week but I'll get back to it. Great challenge and gallery.

BarbieP 09-03-2012 03:26 PM

Congratulations to the Fall Design Team: Kim, Kelly, Jean and Brenda. Looking forward to seeing your creations. Here is my card (I know - I cheated):

Pocket Full of Love by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

marshallgal 09-03-2012 08:48 PM

Congratulations Fall Design Team!! Your cards are fab. Hope to be able to participate tomorrow! :)

susie australia 09-03-2012 09:08 PM

Thank you for a fun challenge and a special thank you to Pat Smethers aka Blooms in a Box for encouraging me. After seeing all the great cards here, I almost chickened out again!!! Oh well here goes..... CAS 186 Flowers for You by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Paper Deva 09-04-2012 04:07 AM

Here is mine, first time I have used felt on a card Have a fine Day! by Paper Deva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gabalot 09-04-2012 06:31 AM

Here is my card for last Monday's CAS186 "fabric" challenge. It was inspired by a pillow from Olive & Cocoa's, the IC352 site from last Saturday. :)

RAVEN on Fabric by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

THANKS for looking! :)

stampinumba 09-04-2012 09:44 AM

Here is my submission: Bouquet

IMG_0348_1_by_stampinumba by stampinumba - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I was so excited about my fabric find I made 2 more cards out of the fabric adhered:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=78680

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=78680

I had fun playing and congrats to the new team.
Blessings,
Lynda

KayInFL 09-04-2012 11:57 AM

Congrats to all the new team members :)

Here's my card

Nevermore

KayInFL 09-04-2012 12:32 PM

i just realized that this is Tuesday :) I'm definitely a day late... see what having a vacation day does to you! Better late than never, right?

GimmeInk 09-04-2012 01:30 PM

Here's my feeble attempt: Scary

Kduff 09-04-2012 07:47 PM

CAS186~Fabric

I was happy with the finished card but not with the clarity of the photo, I need work on my photography skills.

sue28 09-05-2012 03:45 AM

CAS186

Great idea for this challenge, I should use fabric more often -

CAS186 QFTD128 Framed Fabric by sue28 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

va.sunshine 09-05-2012 12:54 PM

I luv making these fabric flowers..thanks for the fun!

Just Because by va.sunshine - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers