Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS73 - Jen's Sig Line Colors (June 28)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
4. any combination of the above
************************************************** ******* CAS Color Challenge: Jen's Sig Line
colors similar to bashful blue, certainly celery, pumpkin pie
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Mary Brown aka stampercamper - Senior Supervisor
Team Member of CREATE with Connie and Mary
Check out my BLOG at http://stampercamper.com
Creative Crew SU Design Team, Spring 2012 CAS Design Team member
Here is my card, made on the day of the challenge! I hope to accomplish that a few times while on holidays this summer. I am unhappy with how blurry it is... can't get the settings right on DD's camera.
Location: between the mountains & the seashore of NC
THIS is my clean and simple card for the challenge today. I embossed the center of my card using the largest classic oval Nestie and my CB..then I stamped around the inside of the oval with the vine stamp from RST Vintage Crochet stamp set. I began to fill in then with the flower stamp and the leaf stamp from the set. I like it and I hope you do, as well. The sentiment is from the Happy Harmony set.