Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS59 - New York, New York (March 22)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
4. any combination of the above
This week is a CAS Inspiration challenge: New York City
Here are some photo sites I have found that should help inspire you!
NYC is the city that never sleeps. I could probably list another 20 sites. Just think of this as a starting point if you'd like. There is a lot about NYC that can inspire lots of styles. For instance, I'm not the glitz & glam city kind of person... I chose to be inspired by a lighthouse on Long Island.
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Fun challenge, Jen. Our DD lives about 45 min. away from Grand Central. I LOVE going to NYC, when we visit her. Fifth Avenue shopping...even if it is only window shopping is fun! And at Christmastime, it's the BEST!
Well, at first I wasn't going to play.... Then my brain hatched an idea and I was all excited; now my card isn't finished and I have to go to work.... Woudn't it be nice if we didn't have to work? Can't wait until tonight to see everyone's fun creations and finish my own!
I have lived in NYC all my life! Actually I live on Long Island but it's a mere 20 minute drive into the big apple! I worked 10 years as a Paramedic in Harlem and the Upper East side, was there for the BIG ones...The Yankees winning every championship, The NY Rangers wining for the first time in 40 years, the NYC marathon, those weird cow and horse statues (remember them?)....and so much more!
If anyone needs an idea, just ask! LOL! Now to pick one of the many things I love about NYC....be back later!
Last edited by resqbarbie; 03-22-2010 at 05:44 AM..
Finally got a chance to play. I chose a photo from "Central Park in the Snow"....it's about the 29th one down. There are soooo many gorgeous pics. I've never been there but what a great tour. Thanks, Jen!!