Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Announcement: The Closing Ceremonies for the Olympic Spring DT Games will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 24 from 5PM-10PM EST. It will done in the style of a company release party with the participants each posting their new cards from sketches they were given. The new DT will not be announced until later in the night. Drama and suspense.... gotta love it!
Also included in the closing ceremonies will be quotes from all the Olympians throughout the games along with random postings of cards that were submitted. The much loved departing DT will be posting their favorite cards from their time as a DT member. It should be a fun night!!!
I've decided to start the new thread in the morning before I got work to all any chatter people may want to do before it gets started. Thank you for making this a very fun event! It wouldn't have happened without you.
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
This week we are having our traditional makeovers that we do at the end of a season. Choose one of your own cards to redo. It can be a CAS card or a non-CAS card that you'd like to turn into a CAS card.
I will miss our Winter DT, but I also look forward to seeing who I will get to work with next! Thank you ladies for all your time to share your talent with us!
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Take care of yourself. I find that starting and pressing with two index fingers from the sides of the nose - outward over both eyes (under the eyebrows) and out towards the temples...applying pressure in long swipes can help.