Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS48 - Happy Valentine's Day (1/4/10)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
Theme Challenge: I'm so excited to be past the hustle & bustle of the Christmas celebrations. I want it to be spring already. But before that comes, we have Valentine's Day! Let's get started with cards and/or projects that let's our loved ones know how much they mean to us. I encourage you to also think about not just your family. You can send special cards and art to friends, mentors, teachers, and anyone who touches your life in a special way. With all those people, this may take awhile! Then we can think about spring!
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 - SCS Fan Club Member since 2005 My New Blog - Designs by Boo - in transition
GREAT challenge...and I had to really tone down what I WANTED to do! LOL
For some reason, my camera hates red...I have such a blurring looking photo I'm ashamed to post it, but I don't have too much time this morning to try to get another photo...I've been trying for over 3 hours!!!! GRRRRRR