Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS43 - Autumn Make-Overs (11/30/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
It's a sad day because it's the last challenge of the season and for our wonderful design team. Jen, Ryann, and Patty are very talented and I really enjoyed working with them!
It also means that the submissions for the Winter DT has closed. Our current and past design team members will select our new DT and I will break any ties if necessary. I can't wait to see who they will be. Have you seen all the stunning creations?!? The new DT members will be notified no later than Saturday, December 5, and given the first challenge for Monday, Dec. 7.
And one more thing this last day of the autumn CAS challenges means... It's make-over day! Find one of your OWN cards you'd like to remake. Remember to make it CAS . You can choose a CAS card that you just want to improve. OR you can find a heavily layered and embellished card to make CAS. If you can, please link the original card in your comment box.
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 - SCS Fan Club Member since 2005
My Blog - Designs by Boo