Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS32 - Here comes the bride (9/14/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
A fellow poster noted that my card is not showing up in the CAS32 gallery. Why, I don't know. I've had some problems lately with my uploads...ever since the switch over. If any of you gals have any suggestions, I await your help!! : )
I didn't make this card specifically for the challenge, but searched for CAS cards and came upon the beautiful wedding card that "stampinscotsgirl" made for the challenge. Since the card that I made yesterday morning and uploaded today fit the challenge, I edited my information to include the CAS32 keyword. While I was editing my posting to add the CAS32 keyword, Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) commented on my card and called my attention to the fact that it did fit the challenge, so I hope that's okay!
Would love for you all to visit my blog over the next month. Starting tomorrow I begin 30 days of what I'm calling "Wrapping 101" or "101 ways to disguise and decorate treats". Not sure if I will make it to 101 but it will be fun trying.