Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS29 - Let's Go Shopping for Shoes & Bags! (8/24/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
I didn't think I'd like this challenge, but went ahead and peeked at the Anthropologie site anyway. *GASP!!* (as DD#! would say) What I couldn't do with someone else's credit card and their boot section!
For my inspiration, however, I used the Neatnik Clutch. (Same as in lisahenke's sample) Her card is cooler than mine, and she probably has nicer boots, too.
Inspiring stuff ... unfortunately, now I want a new bag ... or three ... and some boots.
heheehe! me too. I always wonder after an inspiration challenge how many people go shopping at the site. I want a pair of boots from this store soooo bad, but them my stamping budget would be out the window. $300 could buy a girl a lot of stamps, lol!
Here is my card for today's cas challenge!! Great inspiration pieces--you made it had to chose one!! Love the boots but didn't really have any stamps or DP that would work so I decided on a handbag--check it out!!
I must admit I was not thrilled with this challenge at first. I'm not a shoe or purse type lady. But once I looked through the gallery and got the hang of the inspirational part then it was fun. I realized my card didn't have to use a shoe or purse stamp or didn't have to look like a shoe or stamp!