Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS27 - Show off your bling! (8/10/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
This week we are having a "Ways to Use It" challenge: Bling
Find ways to use bling on your CAS cards. Examples of bling would be rhinestones, gems, pearls, Stickles and glitter. This isn't a complete list. I'm sure I'm forgetting something!
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Miss Boo - a.k.a. jen70 - SCS Fan Club Member since 2005 My New Blog - Designs by Boo - in transition
ok let me preface this by saying this
was HARD! i am such a novice with
simple cards, so be kind ladies LOL!
here is my card: (sorry about the lighting it
is cloudy and i can't wait for sun ~ have to get to work!)
LOL Isn't that terrible? I am getting back into my routine. I need to do some major cleaning today but I HAD to start back with the challenges! I promise to go clean now that I have had a fix. Clean a while, stamp a while, I can do that....
I used the essential glue pad and my butterfly is ALL bling! My scanner didn't do it justice. This is the hardest challenge for me. I should always stop a few steps before I do but I'm trying!
This is the perfect challenge for me this morning. I played a bunch this last week making image panels using pearl ex powders. I love the shine those powders give. It doesn't photograph as well as I'd hoped, but oh well - it looks pretty neat in real life anyways! Here's my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=121321