Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS23 - Show us your artwork! (7/13/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
This week we are having an inspiration challenge. (www.art.com)
This art site is HUGE! If you are overwhelmed by the size of this site, or you are concerned about running across questionable images you'd rather not see, I have linked some selections in post #2. Since these are links, please link your inspiration piece into the comments section when uploading your card.You'll find 5 floral, 4 animal, and 4 children's images. There is some overlap in the last 2 categories.
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
I uploaded mine but its still not showing up....Does anyone know if they quit uploading at a certain time of night....I deleted it and uploaded it again but still not showing up yet...Great challenge by the way Jen!
This challenge was a bit harder than I thought it would be when I first started working on cards this morning. I wanted the grasses to look like they were water colored so I stamped them with SU markers, then went over them with a wet paintbrush to give them a softer look. After several tries this is what I came up with: