Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Location: CAS. Embellished. It's all good. Happy stamping!
CAS16 - Make-Overs (5/25/09)
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only. Please do not feel afraid of playing in the CAS challenge or debate with yourself if you’ve created a CAS card. If it is a CAS card to you, put CAS in the keyword box.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it.
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
This week is our last with the 1st design team. I have greatly appreciated their support and amazing talent! Thank you so much Angela, Carolina, and Susan!
REMAKE: please choose one of your own cards to remake. It can be a non-CAS card that you remake into a CAS card. Or it can be a CAS card that you want to improve. If you'd like to link the original in the comments section, it would be great to see both cards.
Uploading: Remember the keyword is without spaces. Use a comma between keywords with a space after each comma.
If you are new to the challenges, please feel free to do this one or ANY of the challenges at any time. There is no time limit. They are not races to see who can do one first, nor are they contests of any sort. All the challenges are simply to provide inspiration and to get us stamping!
Need help linking a card? Follow these instructions!
1. Open 2 windows: One window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Got to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.
Thanks, Jen, for starting this challenge and for letting me be on the first DT! It's been so rewarding and fun to work with you and Carolina and Angela, and to see CAS being celebrated so beautifully! I can't wait to see what the next DT does, and I look forward to playing along on Mondays.
Hummm, interesting. I just got home from the movies and checked in on this challenge. I will have to go through my gallery to find something to simplify and improve. Great idea and thanks to the fabulous retiring design team members.
What a neat idea. Before I "re-discovered" CAS, I would make cards with sometimes a dozen layers. I think the idea of re-making a complicated card in a CAS style sounds like a great challenge. I'll be back later.
Thank you for the challenge and thanks for looking! It's way out of my comfort zone, but I hope you like it!
SCS Fan Club Member
Thrilled to have been Featured Stamper #132
Thrilled to be a Puchkateer! Musezi
Thrilled to have been Queen for the Day #166
Thanks SCSers for all your encouragement!