Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-f47/)
-   -   CCC11 October Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-f47/ccc11-october-thread-t514109.html)

vikkijo 12-05-2010 03:33 PM

CCC11 October Thread

Here is the thread for October 2011 Christmas Cards!

Please leave us a link once you've uploaded to your gallery and be sure to use CCC11 in the title

You can attach a thumbnail in the thread if you want to.

There is no 'deadline' to completing your Christmas cards for February, just remember those who do finish within the designated month go in for a small prize!

It's never to late to join.... Sign Up Here for the Christmas Card Challenge 2011
Christmas time is coming... how many cards do you have ready?

vikkijo 12-31-2010 01:52 PM

To attach a link here, when the page you want us to go see is open, go to the address bar and 'copy the whole thing' then come here and paste it in the post box

CreepsMom 01-17-2011 11:55 AM

Well ladies here it is my october card. I am almost done then it is time to go on to something different.
ccc11 october cards by CreepsMom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and here is the close up
ccc11 october cards by CreepsMom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

vikkijo 01-17-2011 04:59 PM

You know Raye you could have held out till August to get this far ahead of us! LOL

CreepsMom 01-22-2011 03:51 AM

sorry i got on a roll and couldn't seem to stop

vikkijo 01-23-2011 11:26 AM

LOL...

MTblackpearl 02-08-2011 02:27 PM

Here are my cards for October.

These were so easy and fun to make I made up 20 and plan on giving them to my local nursing home. :)

Ribbon~ Peace, Joy, Love CCC11 by MTblackpearl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

vikkijo 02-09-2011 09:04 AM

Way to go Cheryl!

sadiejane929 05-03-2011 06:11 AM

Cats! Cats! Cats!

1 Attachment(s)
OK - October is done! I can't believe I have only 1 more month to go! The seven cards I did for Oct use the same stamp as Sept. I used some VERY old SU DP paper. I am so happy to finally be getting rid of some of this stuff!

vikkijo 05-24-2011 02:25 PM

Pam those are darling!

lharnish 08-01-2011 10:47 AM

Here are my October cards which are a remaking/refining of the ones I did in March. I like these much better than my March cards :-) I had some really technical challenges aka screw-ups with one particular card LOL!

This is the group of three but I did six of this card. The one is the middle is the screw-up!

CCC11 October (Remake of March) by lharnish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This one has the March card on the left and the October card on the right. I like October's version better :-)

CCC11 October (Remake of March) by lharnish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!

neptunem 08-23-2011 09:10 AM

Here's my first offering for October - I made 2 of these. I love the Stamping 411 sketches on Saturdays for giving me a little mojo to create something different than my usual style!

I can't believe I'm on October already... maybe this will be the year I'll actually accomplish my goal of being able to make Christmas cards to donate to the local nursing home!

CCC11 Oct - Christmas Cheer by neptunem - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

neptunem 08-23-2011 09:13 AM

Those look amazing - and far more complicated than I could ever manage!!

I can't decide whether March or October's version is my favourite. I think I like them both equally - they're very different in terms of patterns but both appeal to me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnish (Post 18577908)
Here are my October cards which are a remaking/refining of the ones I did in March. I like these much better than my March cards :-) I had some really technical challenges aka screw-ups with one particular card LOL!

This is the group of three but I did six of this card. The one is the middle is the screw-up!

This one has the March card on the left and the October card on the right. I like October's version better :-)

Thanks for looking!

neptunem 08-23-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadiejane929 (Post 18271221)
OK - October is done! I can't believe I have only 1 more month to go! The seven cards I did for Oct use the same stamp as Sept. I used some VERY old SU DP paper. I am so happy to finally be getting rid of some of this stuff!

Those are some very cute cats!! It's always a good feeling to use up some of the old stash too!

neptunem 08-23-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTblackpearl (Post 17931350)
Here are my cards for October.

These were so easy and fun to make I made up 20 and plan on giving them to my local nursing home. :)

Ribbon~ Peace, Joy, Love CCC11 by MTblackpearl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cheryl, those are great! I may have to case that design to use on the cards I'm planning to donate to our local nursing home too!

jan31 08-24-2011 04:52 AM

My first card for October, Im using my Grandsons Christmas card.

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - jan31 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
CCC October 2011 inner by jan31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MTblackpearl 08-29-2011 10:46 AM

Here is another set of cards I made for October. I got this pattern idea from sc300. Super simple but cute! :) I made 4 of these.

Snowbuddy like you! CCC11 by MTblackpearl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I have so many cards for Christmas I have given several to the nuring home here in town, my mom and my sister will have to purchase any this year either! :)
Thanks for making this challenge!

jan31 08-30-2011 07:24 AM

Heres my other three cards for October, two are smaller versions of the first, and the snowman card I made just to make up the four.

CCC 2 October 2011 by jan31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

auntangie 09-10-2011 07:05 PM

I used up some old stickers and paper for this month.

plaid Christmas cards by auntangie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

vikkijo 09-12-2011 04:27 PM

Look at you girls go!

Oh wait it was Look at Frosty go!

LOL

airbornewife 09-13-2011 06:26 PM

Here are my cards for October (early)... I wanted to get more Christmas cards done to put in my box to Operation Write Home. I have nearly 400 cards in the box.. and today realized I need to divide it into two large flat rate boxes because the guy at the post office said it was going to be nearly $50 to ship it to NC.

I made 8 of these:

CCC11 Dustin Pike Santa ~ Christmas Cards by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and I made 2 of these:

CCC11 Stockings Christmas cards by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

blessings ~ Pam

ImaRed 09-17-2011 11:09 AM

Just uploaded my October offering. Made 10 of these.

CCC11 October by ImaRed - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

auntangie 09-17-2011 01:14 PM

Pam more then once I have taken a box of cards to the P.O. to ship to OWH, only to come home and repack them in flat rate boxes. You would think I would learn to just have one or two of those on hand and skip the first step. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewife (Post 18722748)
Here are my cards for October (early)... I wanted to get more Christmas cards done to put in my box to Operation Write Home. I have nearly 400 cards in the box.. and today realized I need to divide it into two large flat rate boxes because the guy at the post office said it was going to be nearly $50 to ship it to NC.

I made 8 of these:

CCC11 Dustin Pike Santa ~ Christmas Cards by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and I made 2 of these:

CCC11 Stockings Christmas cards by airbornewife - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

blessings ~ Pam

neptunem 09-21-2011 10:19 AM

Here's my second (and last) card for October - I made 2 of these. I just love Penny Black hedgies but for some reason I only have this one Christmas stamp. Must mean I need to go shopping... ;)

Hedgie Christmas - CCC11 October by neptunem - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DiHere 09-23-2011 03:14 AM

October cards finished - in September!

CCC11 October Set by DiHere - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

neptunem 09-24-2011 11:02 AM

Those fireplace scenes are amazing!! It must have taken SO much work! And the Santas are super cute too.

Such creative cards!!

Cook22 10-01-2011 05:02 AM

Looks as if I'm done for October. If my poinsettia dies don't arrive soon I won't have any cards left to make!!

Snowy Birdhouse (sketch challenge card)

Shakin' Snoopy
(WT challenge)

Christmas Neighbours
(sketch challenge)

Christmas Colour
(Free 4 All)

Simple Christmas
(Inspiration challenge)

That leave me free to focus on the HYCCT challenges this month :D.

susanbri 10-01-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 18778916)
Looks as if I'm done for October. If my poinsettia dies don't arrive soon I won't have any cards left to make!!

Snowy Birdhouse (sketch challenge card)

Shakin' Snoopy
(WT challenge)

Christmas Neighbours
(sketch challenge)

Christmas Colour
(Free 4 All)

Simple Christmas
(Inspiration challenge)

That leave me free to focus on the HYCCT challenges this month :D.

Great variety of cards! I'm off to comment on some of them individually.

vikkijo 10-02-2011 03:21 PM

Merry Christmas!

83 DAYS LEFT!!

Plain Jane 10-03-2011 09:09 PM

Cripes, will you just STOP that???? AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Cindy1941 10-04-2011 07:02 AM

One done for the month...

Baby It's Cold Outside CAS138 CCC11 by Cindy1941 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

:D

neptunem 10-04-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy1941 (Post 18790439)

Love that image, and how you made that scarf!!

scootsv 10-04-2011 07:57 AM

Here are my October cards. I made 10 - 7 for me and 3 for the local Cards for a Cause. TFL :O) and thanks for all you do for us!

CCC11 October Group by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CCC11 October Poinsettia's by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Chickim 10-05-2011 06:51 PM

My first couple of cards towards my Christmas challenge. Pretty crude compared to some I see but hey, I just started a few weeks ago and you gotta start sometime and improve with age :)
Christmas card #1 by Chickim - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Christmas card #2 by Chickim - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

auntangie 10-05-2011 08:19 PM

Hey! We were all beginners at some point! Glad to see you have started. :)

vikkijo 10-08-2011 08:53 AM

Here's mine for October

October by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

October by vikkijo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I took the pics at night and now I think they look gloomy! LOL

I will catch up later, gotta run to town for drugs! LOL
Clint and I are both sick.

auntangie 10-08-2011 08:57 AM

Vikki I hope you both get to feeling better!

vikkijo 10-08-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks. The tissue box and Dayquil (Nyquil at bed time) are my friends! LOL

Home now, OJ on ice, tissues close by, Christmas galleries her i come! LOL

vikkijo 10-08-2011 11:18 AM

ROTFLMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Jane (Post 18789699)
Cripes, will you just STOP that???? AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Okay Okay!

I will be more quiet!

77 days left

vikkijo 10-08-2011 11:46 AM

oh oh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickim (Post 18796925)
My first couple of cards towards my Christmas challenge. Pretty crude compared to some I see but hey, I just started a few weeks ago and you gotta start sometime and improve with age :)
Christmas card #1 by Chickim - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Christmas card #2 by Chickim - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I can not see #2
I will check back