Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-f47/)
-   -   2008 Holiday Card Challenge (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/christmas-cards-f47/2008-holiday-card-challenge-t299803.html)

Alliesmem 11-10-2007 11:20 AM

2008 Holiday Card Challenge

Join the Holiday 2008 Monthly Challenge!!!! This year's challenge was a big success! Thanks to everyone who participated.
All you have to do is complete 10 Christmas cards every month up to and including November and you should have plenty of cards to send out for the holidays!!

You can join anytime during the year. The idea is NOT to stress. If you need to skip a month or two, that is perfectly fine. Remember, the whole idea behind this challenge is to make life easier. Trust me, I know how busy December can be, why not try to get one project, your holiday cards, all done by the end of November!

Make your cards any way you like - make 100 of the same card 10 at a time or make a different set of 10 each month or make each card completely different and unique. You decide, these are your cards. They should be how you want them to be. Then each month when you complete your 10 cards, upload your photos (use CCC08 in the title or keywords so that others can search) and post a message to the thread that will be set up for each month, or you can post it here. Just one suggestion, this year there was a little confusion because several of the months had more than one thread started. So before starting a new thread, just check to see if one has already been started. :)

As in incentive, There will be a small prize to the person who completes their cards first EACH MONTH. For each month you complete (before the end of the following month), your name will be put in a drawing for the "year end prize basket”. (so PM or email me your contact info so that I can have it in case you win!!!! My email address is lynne.wilcox@verizon.net)

If you'd like to donate stuff for prizes (small items you may have laying around, SU! or non-SU, even stuff you have made), I would really appreciate the help. Postage stamps would also be a great help. This is not a requirement to join this challenge. PM me, if you would like my address!

PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS NOT A SWAP!!!!

jlazarski 11-10-2007 11:34 AM

Hurray! Am I the first to join? I have my January cards planned -- a snowflake theme, although they may end up being this holiday's thank you cards!!

EmGee458 11-10-2007 12:04 PM

Me, me, me!! It's SO great knowing that my Christmas cards for this year are done! (I was always spending Thanksgiving weekend getting them all done but not this year!!) Whoever came up with this ideas was brilliant!!!!! Thank you!

bubblegum girl 11-10-2007 12:14 PM

i'd like to join in this coming yearit would really help keep oct, nov and december stress free.

scrappyscrapper 11-10-2007 07:49 PM

I'll sign up again for January thru November. Hope to do better this year. Thanks. :)

neppieb 11-11-2007 04:42 AM

2008 CC

I want to join in on the fun. I always change my mind 2 or 3 times on what I want my Christmas card to be, so this way I can make lots of different ones to send. I'm working on this years right now, so I'll probably wait until January to start. Looking forward to a great year of stamping.

mstwin459 11-11-2007 09:59 AM

Count me in! I would love to do this challenge. The thought of being fully prepared this time next year makes me smile :-D

__________________________________________________ ___
proud mommy of 2 little boys

studbo 11-11-2007 10:03 AM

Hey, might as well keep it going, I'm in from Jan. till Nov.

~CA~ 11-11-2007 10:39 AM

Well, of course, I'm in!!!

luvmyboys&stampin 11-11-2007 01:39 PM

Does this mean we don't start until Jan? -'cuz then I would be sooo in!!
I had wonderful intentions this year, I even had a class and had some ladies come and make theirs in April, May and June... did I?! of course not - ugh!!
I am going to join in the hopes that it will be just the incentive I need for 2008!!
(I couldn't start now, as of course I have left my cards until now... and am in my annual Nov./Dec. panic mode!LOL)

Alliesmem 11-11-2007 02:32 PM

Already a good response! 2008 promises to be a great year! 2007 was a good year. So many have gotten there cards done already!

TxStampinCat 11-11-2007 03:09 PM

Hi, I'd like to try to join this challenge. I never seem to get with it on making Christmas cards to send out and sometimes get very few done. Then I revert to store bought - ugh !

Vera 11-11-2007 03:26 PM

Count me in again! It's wonderful having all these cards already made. And I've enjoyed making Christmas cards all year round.

Vera

SuzyS1104 11-11-2007 04:11 PM

Hey this sounds great! To be organized in one thing at this time of year would be wonderful! I'll try and do my best!!!

Littlekel90 11-11-2007 05:30 PM

Okay, I am still finishing up my November ones, but . . . I really enjoyed making them a little at a time this year, so please sign me up for January! :) Thanks so much for all of your hard work this year, too!

cheermom 11-11-2007 05:44 PM

Count me in too!

I would love to be included in this challenge :)

Sounds like a great way to get cards done early.

Sherri

PS I will see what i have to "donate" too.

dczuscik 11-11-2007 05:45 PM

Ok, I would like to try this. This will be my first time joining any type of "group" so I hope that I can keep up! Looking forward to having cards done for next year.

dcorder 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Do they have to be Christmas cards?? I only use about 40 Christmas cards a year. Can I do birthday and other holidays to meet my quota??

Karimor 11-11-2007 07:34 PM

I would like to join this group also. I have never uploaded any cards or anything, but I will learn, and try my best to keep up! Thanks, it is a great idea!!!

tammy miller 11-12-2007 01:56 AM

I would love to join!

RobinMichelle 11-12-2007 03:21 AM

Re: Christmas Cards 2008

Yeah!!!! Sign me up! :)

Robin

Alliesmem 11-12-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcorder (Post 7687399)
Do they have to be Christmas cards?? I only use about 40 Christmas cards a year. Can I do birthday and other holidays to meet my quota??

Yes, this is a Holiday Card challenge so you do whatever you need to do! That is the beauty of this challenge.

dcorder 11-12-2007 10:38 AM

I'm in then!

crafty mama 11-12-2007 02:27 PM

I guess I signed in in the 2007 challenge instead of this one. I just got too excited by this wonderful idea! I always end up going crazy trying to get them all done in one day. sign me up!
Mary

debramasters 11-12-2007 10:35 PM

I would like to sign up for this. I enjoyed the 2007 challenge and I want to "keep the ball rolling".

Debra M

cjsmom0802 11-13-2007 05:02 AM

Please add my name to this list again. I finished my Christmas cards in record time and did 125 for my son as well. All-in-all this is one good challenge! It makes you think every month about getting those cards done early! What a great challenge and beneficial to all.
Carol :)

countrybumpkin 11-13-2007 04:33 PM

I didn't sign up for the challenge last year, but I did it!!!! Had all cards done by October. Decorated envies this month. Might work on gift tags for December. Have a couple of friends jealous that they haven't even started theirs yet. I'm in.

EthansMom 11-13-2007 04:50 PM

I am up for the challenge...I hope!!! :o) Thanks for the motivation!

pcm2004 11-14-2007 08:43 AM

2008 Holiday Card Challenge

I am up for the challenge again for next year. I started the challenge this year with a band and 'died' before the end of March - HOWEVER, I was able to get 30 cards done, and we don't send out alot - so it was okay. Now I am participating in a Holiday card swap and those cards I did earlier this year will come in quite handy!! :) I have my stamping station out of the closet (literally) so hope to do more stamping now.

BrownEyes66 11-14-2007 09:25 AM

Christmas Card Challenge

Sign me up! I'll sure give it a try. I haven't uploaded anything yet, but just got a scanner so that'll give me a reason to use it. Thanks for putting this challenge together!

austamper 11-14-2007 09:34 AM

I'm going to do it this year!!!!!!! Sign me up!

craftyreesa 11-14-2007 01:34 PM

I'm gonna finally be ready by November (I hope).

Alliesmem 11-14-2007 03:23 PM

We are off to a great start!!!

Marla Greydanus 11-14-2007 09:10 PM

I would love to join as well. I don't send a lot of Christmas Cards but it would be nice to have them completed early.

Thanks for setting this up

mddlerth 11-14-2007 09:16 PM

CathyJ

Just found this challenge and what a great idea! Count me in!

Maggie's Mummy 11-15-2007 02:27 AM

I'm so in for next year's challenge!!! I joined as a Demo in Australia in September and had every intention of having my Christmas cards done by now - but you know how it gets!!!!! I've done a few, but still have a heap to do and have 49 to make on the weekend for some of my corporate clients (arggggghhhhh - what have I let myself in for????) Looking forward to starting in Jan!!!!

Maggie's Mummy 11-15-2007 02:34 AM

I'm so in for next year's challenge!!! I joined as a Demo in Australia in September and had every intention of having my Christmas cards done by now - but you know how it gets!!!!! I've done a few, but still have a heap to do and have 49 to make on the weekend for some of my corporate clients (arggggghhhhh - what have I let myself in for????) Looking forward to starting in Jan!!!!

markie's mom 11-15-2007 02:54 AM

COUNT ME IN!!!! I Love this idea!!!

Alliesmem 11-15-2007 09:09 AM

Every time I look, more people want to join! You are going to love this challenge! And you would not believe the inspiration that you get from all the other participants! Talent abounds!

Princesspansy 11-15-2007 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Please add me to the list. I'm in!! What a great idea - what a concept...work on those cards all year and by the time that I'm usually running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and saying, "I can't add another thing to my schedule!!!" [ok screaming it!] I'll be all done!

ya hoo...wah hooo!!

Attachment 69966

yes.
Sandra