Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #121  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Feb cards done and on time.
Thanks for looking.

ccc11_feb_cards_hell_by_hellma by hellma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ccc11_feb_set1_hell_by_hellma by hellma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #122  
Stampin' Fool

I made 10 of these for Feb. Thanks for looking!

Santa Christmas by Alcojo94 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #123  
Kookie Creator

Wow! I really didn't expect to be done so early in the month! I did all six cards I pledged like this one, just changing out the ribbon to use up scraps in my stash. Thanks to my friend, Deb (Raider66) for letting me borrow this set and the extra piece of DSP I needed to finish!

Punch Pals - Folded Paper Frame - Shaker Card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #124  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,
Received 519 Likes on 363 Posts

This is too funny!
Well at least to me it is.. there are 28 days in February... there are 28 ladies done with their cards so far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #125  
Insane Embellisher

subbing I am determined to get my cards done this month

Carla *~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijoView Post
This is too funny!
Well at least to me it is.. there are 28 days in February... there are 28 ladies done with their cards so far!
Fund, Vikki Jo. I always get a kick out of oddities like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #127  

Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, 45.9484° N, 93.0754° W. Founded as a lumber camp in the 1870s,

LOL good it's not just me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #128  

Default Got ya down!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodellView Post
I found the instructions where you can sign up for the Xmas card challenge, so no one has to reply to my original post. If I sign up, I just may need help with all the links, etc. Thanks so much -Stacy
How many do you plan to do each month?
It's not written in stone, just gives you an idea of what YOU NEED come December.
Kinda like weight loss, it's your own personal goal! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #129  

Hey Carol how are you doing? Did you ever get a date for lunch?

Sure wish I was closer!!

I am car shopping, so I have multiple pages open here.. all the addresses I am getting in my PM I am copying and pasting into the excel worksheet. And the cars I find I am pasting addresses into Google maps!
I now know how far I live from some of you! LOL

I did find 2 ladies within 20 miles of you carol! too funny! SewSew (AnnMarie) and Oddesigns (Sue) Live just North of you.
I've never been over there so I am not sure what 20 miles is like to just get in the car and drive. here I have to rive that just to go grocery shopping! LOL

Sue and Ann hope you don't mind me telling that. Who knows maybe you gals can hook up and become great friends! Then I can be jealous! LOL
I have nobody crafty around here.

I did start a thread for Minnesotan SCS'ers and I have over 200 ladies on there and many have hooked up for retreats and stuff.
It's amazing when you find it is a small world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #130  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Hey Carol how are you doing? Did you ever get a date for lunch?

Sure wish I was closer!!

I am car shopping, so I have multiple pages open here.. all the addresses I am getting in my PM I am copying and pasting into the excel worksheet. And the cars I find I am pasting addresses into Google maps!
I now know how far I live from some of you! LOL

I did find 2 ladies within 20 miles of you carol! too funny! SewSew (AnnMarie) and Oddesigns (Sue) Live just North of you.
I've never been over there so I am not sure what 20 miles is like to just get in the car and drive. here I have to rive that just to go grocery shopping! LOL

Sue and Ann hope you don't mind me telling that. Who knows maybe you gals can hook up and become great friends! Then I can be jealous! LOL
I have nobody crafty around here.

I did start a thread for Minnesotan SCS'ers and I have over 200 ladies on there and many have hooked up for retreats and stuff.
It's amazing when you find it is a small world!
hi vikki!!! and hi to everyone else too!!

my dh took me out the other day......we went to panera bread..loved it!!!

today, i had to go to the office and take care of a few things that had to get done (my company outside accountant and i decided that the irs would not understand that i was home on disability - lol) so dh took me in and wandered around the city while i worked..i loved the look on the company president - my boss - i'm the controller - when i gimped into his office today!!!

when we left the office we stopped at brio's for a late lunch/early dinner..i decided that i would NOT be embarrassed by having to have my meat cut by my dh!!!! LOL

sue and ann - would love to get together when i'm crafting again...feel free to get in touch.

going to lay low tomorrow and thursday - yesterday and today knocked me out - i can't believe it. thursday i am going to ask dh to take me over my niece's to get introduced to the newest member of the family - my great niece, ava marie, who joined us last thursday @ 7 lbs..6 oz!!!

'talk' to you all soon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #131  

yay! Carol you got out! Yeah I'd say that was a bit much for an outing!

Wouldn't that be cool to meet in real life someone you meet here!?!?!

I have met 2 ppl. One lady is in IL and her hubby was wanting to move to MN or MO so they were traveling around checking things out! Another lives 2 hours North of me and we just found each other a year ago on here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #132  

Default Challenge #5

"This week I am going to challenge you to use something you have borrowed from a friend, but haven't yet used it!

Was it a stamp (or whole set), a Nestie, maybe their crimper, how about one of those ribbon taggers?

You know there's something, we've all just really wanted to try something, some cool gadget or toy!

I borrowed my mom's Embossing Light and a brass thingy and stylus... never even gave it a shot!
Thank goodness for Cuttle Bug Folders LOL

This challenge is completely OPTIONAL, just an idea for you"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #133  
Matboard Maniac

you warm my heart by scrapbooknut1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my Feb Christmas card! I used the glaze pen and star dust pen from Sskura and you can't really see it but it looks really good in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #134  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

"This week I am going to challenge you to use something you have borrowed from a friend, but haven't yet used it!

Was it a stamp (or whole set), a Nestie, maybe their crimper, how about one of those ribbon taggers?

You know there's something, we've all just really wanted to try something, some cool gadget or toy!

I borrowed my mom's Embossing Light and a brass thingy and stylus... never even gave it a shot!

What a great idea, Vikki. That's what is took to get mine done this month. Debbie (Raider66) and I got together on Super Bowl morning while our hubbies went fishing. The fishing was good but they came home early anyway! So our stamping was cut short, we only finished ONE card that day. :( I stamped out my images and finished the next day. We used Debbie's stamps and I came up with the idea, now I have to loan her my embossing folder, so she can get hers done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Vikki Jo, I live within a 50 mile radius of the city of Toronto and there are a lot of paper crafters in this area! A bunch of us got involved in a swap hosted by a gal in the city and as a consequence, started a thread here on SCS, and now actually meet in person for a social time almost once a month. I don't always attend because I am an hour and a half drive away and in the winter it isn't convenient and also, I am often working on the nights that they get together. However, it is fun to meet. Having said that, I also work with another card maker every other weekend. I introduced her to card making and now she has overtaken me in almost every area.....creativity, swaps, spending!! At present I have two items borrowed from her....a butterfly die (but I have used it a lot already) and a SU 'Snow swirled' stamp set. I will try to use it this week for my March cards and this week's inspiration challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #136  

Oh Ina tha's awesome.. you crated another junkie like us! LOL

I did that to my post master, she loved it when i got mail and would open it there, she would ask if I could teach her and well.. she is hooked!

So cool you got to meet some from SCS. (yes, winter just bites for visiting!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #137  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Vikki Jo, I live within a 50 mile radius of the city of Toronto and there are a lot of paper crafters in this area! A bunch of us got involved in a swap hosted by a gal in the city and as a consequence, started a thread here on SCS, and now actually meet in person for a social time almost once a month. I don't always attend because I am an hour and a half drive away and in the winter it isn't convenient and also, I am often working on the nights that they get together. However, it is fun to meet. Having said that, I also work with another card maker every other weekend. I introduced her to card making and now she has overtaken me in almost every area.....creativity, swaps, spending!! At present I have two items borrowed from her....a butterfly die (but I have used it a lot already) and a SU 'Snow swirled' stamp set. I will try to use it this week for my March cards and this week's inspiration challenge.
That's why my darling hubby calls you "trouble" Ina.

I think I have a couple things of yours, too...if I remember correctly...but they don't lend themselves to Christmas cards. Besides...if you didn't corrupt me who would you go to Zindorf's workshops with???

I am NOT addicted...I can quit stamping anyti..... oh who am I kidding... lol

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #138  

Default MEN

Quote:

Originally Posted by queekyView Post
What a great idea, Vikki. That's what is took to get mine done this month. Debbie (Raider66) and I got together on Super Bowl morning while our hubbies went fishing. The fishing was good but they came home early anyway! So our stamping was cut short, we only finished ONE card that day. :( I stamped out my images and finished the next day. We used Debbie's stamps and I came up with the idea, now I have to loan her my embossing folder, so she can get hers done.
They always have to interrupt our creativity!
LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

This challenge really makes October and November easy. I am once again keeping my cards pretty flat since I use the Christmas card challenge cards for OWH.

Hope you can see the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
CCC11 February-ccc11feb.f.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 480 Likes on 355 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post
This challenge really makes October and November easy. I am once again keeping my cards pretty flat since I use the Christmas card challenge cards for OWH.

Beautiful card, Christine. I agree that this challenge makes Oct and Nov easy and stress free.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #141  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post

I love your card, Christine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #142  

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I totally did this challenge! I was at my dear friend (and DownLine's) house a couple of weeks ago. I borrowed SU! Cute Christmas, and I told her I only needed it for 30 days.

I VOWED to myself to get it back to her in time... which meant I either had to use it or lose the chance at using it.

I had a ton of Candy Cane Christmas dsp. I made my 12 Feb cards with the set, and many into March. PLUS I stamped out a bunch of images in case I am inspired to do more later.

I just mailed her stamps back to her yesterday. AND IT FELT SO GOOD!!!!!!!

I love that we were on the same page about this. Great challenge!

Blessings,

Lela

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 AM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Wow! I really didn't expect to be done so early in the month! I did all six cards I pledged like this one, just changing out the ribbon to use up scraps in my stash. Thanks to my friend, Deb (Raider66) for letting me borrow this set and the extra piece of DSP I needed to finish!

Punch Pals - Folded Paper Frame - Shaker Card
That's really cute! Do you have insturctions you can share for the shaker part?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #144  

Great cards girls!

For the shaker part you can use the cello bags.

Clearbags.com has several to choose from.

I have tried that fold and it just doesn't look good! Great job Shelley

Here's the tutorial if anyone else wants to give it a whirl! LOL

Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #145  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangieView Post
That's really cute! Do you have instructions you can share for the shaker part?
Angie, there is a tutorial HERE in the Resources section. I will tell you I did mine a little differently than Beate. I had to start with a 4 1/2" square to accommodate the cello bag. The background inside the cello is 2 7/8" x 2 7/8". I don't have a score pal so I used a fold method (see my pics here and on the next post) and once it was folded I scored all around, 1/2" from the edge (not edge to edge, but between the miters, KWIM?) If you have more specific questions let me know.

BTW-You are in Eastern Iowa, too! Anywhere near CR? I live in Atkins, just west of CR.
Attached Thumbnails
CCC11 February-window-card-1-.jpg   CCC11 February-window-card-2-.jpg   CCC11 February-window-card-3-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #146  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangieView Post
That's really cute! Do you have insturctions you can share for the shaker part?
Boy, Vikki, you are fast! I tried getting something together for any one interested. Here's the rest of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
CCC11 February-window-card-4-.jpg   CCC11 February-window-card-5-.jpg   CCC11 February-window-card-6-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #147  

Oh cool! 2 more live near each other?

I have lots of family in Cedar rapids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #148  

Love the pics Shelley, I may give it another try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #149  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Oh cool! 2 more live near each other?

I have lots of family in Cedar rapids.
Sounds good, I'm up for a stamping day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #150  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Boy, Vikki, you are fast! I tried getting something together for any one interested. Here's the rest of the pics.
thanks for sharing your pictures...will have to try that when i', back...i did a shaker card once...but did not use the bag 'method' - think i like that.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #151  
Watercolor Wizard

Does the bag stay open enough to allow the contents to shake, or do you need to use flat fillers for the bags?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Angie, there is a tutorial HERE in the Resources section. I will tell you I did mine a little differently than Beate. I had to start with a 4 1/2" square to accommodate the cello bag. The background inside the cello is 2 7/8" x 2 7/8". I don't have a score pal so I used a fold method (see my pics here and on the next post) and once it was folded I scored all around, 1/2" from the edge (not edge to edge, but between the miters, KWIM?) If you have more specific questions let me know.

BTW-You are in Eastern Iowa, too! Anywhere near CR? I live in Atkins, just west of CR.
Yep! I'm in CR. You want to come to a shoebox swap next month?

CLOSED IA Shoebox Swap March 12, 2011 by candlequeen5 at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by auntangie; 02-10-2011 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for the tutorials! When you fill the bag do you tape it shut before taping it inside the fold?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #154  
Kookie Creator

I have done both beads and chunky glitter. The glitter moves around better but the beads aren't too bad. I used what I had on hand and my beads were not smooth and uniform, I think seeds beads might be fine.

To close the shaker I simply took the excess to the back and taped it down, before adhering it in the frame.

So you are doing Crystal's swap? I did her first two. So I think that means I haven't done the last two??? It's a lot of work making up all those card kits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I'm going. I went to the last one she had. It was my first shoe box, so I had tons of questions and she was great about answering ALL of them with great patience. She hasn't had the responce this that she has had in the past, so there wouldn't be as many kits to make up if you decide to come. I'm thinking the kits will count towards my S2S balance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #156  
Stampin' Fool

Well I got my February cards done and the month isn't even half over yet!

ccc11 February by lois577 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl Lois

Cards Kits for Everyting Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #157  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks, Shelley -- I may have to try the bag version, it looks so much cleaner than the foam tape mess I usually make of my shakers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #158  
Forum Fanatic

Finally got my Valentine's cards done. Now I can get back to my Christmas cards. I would be much happier if I could just shake this cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #159  

32 done so far... Come on ladies!

16 days left of February!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #160  

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
Finally got my Valentine's cards done. Now I can get back to my Christmas cards. I would be much happier if I could just shake this cold.
Good luck! I have had an ear issue for over 3 weeks now, it just keeps hanging on!

I am trying to find my Mojo, but it's still marinating!
Reply With Quote Likes