Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Forum Fanatic

Default WI's chatbox coffee clatch

The door is open, the coffee's on. Tea is available in green or herbal. Take your pick of the Danish, the bagels or the fresh fruit.

So, how's life in your neck of the woods?

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 01-25-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Forum Fanatic

It is wicked cold here. It's dropped a degree in the last hour to -10. Brrrrrrrr!!! I'm thankful that I can stay indoors and do a lot of what I need to do online. Gonna do some less-than-exciting getting-ready-for-tax-day stuff.

Might stamp. In the fall, I'd been involved in a couple of swaps, so had to 'stay within the lines' and that was frustrating. Lately I've had the time to do whatever I want and it's been great to finally make the time to try some things I've wanted to play around with. I've never had gobs of time to stamp and I'm realllllllly pokey and critical of my own work, so letting myself play with no expectations other than to explore has been really fun.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning All--hope you have a great weekend! Off to northern Wisconsin--burrrrrrr

Adding this to my subscriptions to chat..................................
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Good Morning All--hope you have a great weekend! Off to northern Wisconsin--burrrrrrr

Adding this to my subscriptions to chat..................................
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is right! Drive safe, stay warm!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55 View Post
The door is open, the coffee's on. Tea is available in green or herbal. Take your pick of the Danish, the bagels or the fresh fruit.

Tea does not go well with football. I trust you will have some spotted cow by game time.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 AM   #6
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNacho View Post
Tea does not go well with football. I trust you will have some spotted cow by game time.
In the fridge! Right next to the cheese (of course)& sausage (venison!) and the vegies & dip.

When's game time? I hear St. Vinnie's staying in where it's warm for this game.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #7
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Chatty Cathy's! ha ha! I have to venture out this morning in the cold for awhile to run some errands. I am NOT looking forward to that! I have been in the house since Wednesday. I have been stamping up a storm. I have a table full of stuff all ready to be packaged and priced. I am so happy about that! Love'n it!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitcher1 View Post
Good morning Chatty Cathy's! ha ha! I have to venture out this morning in the cold for awhile to run some errands. I am NOT looking forward to that! I have been in the house since Wednesday. I have been stamping up a storm. I have a table full of stuff all ready to be packaged and priced. I am so happy about that! Love'n it!
Elaine, are you on etsy? Your cards are beautiful! If you're not already there, you should think about it.

How's that grandbaby?!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
Matboard Maniac

Funny you mention Etsy. I set up a shop there a year ago, but never put anything in it! I wasn't sure that I wanted to mess around with mailing things out. But I guess I should think some more about it.

Mason is wonderful, growing so fast! I love every minute that I get to spend with him. I almost went to Milwaukee on Thursday night but decided not to because of the cold. Good thing I didn't. I just got back from running around with errands and discovered a tire was almost flat, and I had a heck of a time trying to find an air pump in town. So would have been stranded in the cold. YIKES! Already went through that once this month with a friend when we were coming home from Marshfield. We were only 3 miles out of town and it took an hour and a half to get a wrecker there. It was ten degrees out. We were frozen by the time we got back. So I am glad that I listened to my gutt Thursday and didn't go. Although I would LOVE to be holding that baby right now.

How are things going for you?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, what a beautiful place to chat with my friends. Love the fresh fruit. I'll bring my own white tea and some extra in case anyone else wants some.

I've been in a crafting mood this month and have made over 50 finished cards. Played VSN last night and will spend the rest of the weekend commenting in the galleries.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm all set for next Sat. in Madison and almost completed all my items for the Feb 12th Shoe Box in Milwaukee. Should have that done by the end of today.

Will pop in and out as time allows. Keep warm and stay safe.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
Matboard Maniac

I had planned to go to Madison next weekend but didn't sign up in case the weather was bad. But I can't go as my cousin (Whom I haven't seen in a lot of years) is having her first baby, and the shower is that day and my mom asked me to go with her.

I am sitting here eating Nutter Butter's and working on some mini books. I found some real cute index cards at the Target Dollar spot that say Big Ideas across the top of them. So I bought several packs, and I am working on the chipboard covers right now, and then will bind them with the bind it all. I will have 8 of them when finished, and I hope to finish them today. So nice to be holed in working!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Ok if I pop in for a spot of tea from time to time? You ladies are such crafters.

I am giving myself a jump start this week. Taking the Valentine class at Archivers in Middleton and going to a friend's house to stamp one morning. Looking forward to it. I need to set up a better work area, now that I am in a new place.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #14
Forum Fanatic

Elaine, I hope you decide to give esty a whirl. If I had your talent, I sure would!

Hedgie, Congrats on the new place! I'm in a 'transitional' place right now and the space is not great for stamping. It's all good though, because it helps me think about what I'll look for in my next spot (not that I'll necessarily get it ...lol!)

What am I up to? I'd done a couple of swaps this fall because I hadn't stamped much at all with all the moving and such. I figured it would be a way to push and get the juices flowing again. I'm not as crazy about swaps as I thought I would be, too much pressure for this girl, but they were kinda small and I knew everyone, so that helped.

Lately I've been 'just playing' and using techniques I know I like, making a card at a time with one person in mind. I've made a grand total of three cards this year. It's been a lot more fun, a lot more satisfying. Just never enough time to play, though.

These last few months I've been doing a butt load of research (charter schools) and much of it is online. When I'm at a standstill, I've been poking in to SCS (CE especially) which has been very bad! LOL! It's like a huge electromagnetic field. Bad, bad, bad! Trying to pull away from the force ... oy! It would be easier if I didn't need to be at the computer so much. My goal at the moment is to reduce (seriously reduce) my time on SCS. Please pray for this sinner! lol!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 AM   #15
Matboard Maniac

Good morning all-

Hedgie...I believe we have traded some stamp sets. Just realized that when I saw your name this morning. It didn't dawn on me yesterday. Yeah..it really helps to have a space that you can walk to and start immediately stamping at. I hope you find the perfect space!

Jeanie- Yeah, I seriously need to give etsy some more thought. I know how you feel about the swaps. I am kind of like that too. I would rather stamp alone so I can concentrate on what I am working on. When I am with a group of people, I would rather gab...lol I think we are alike in that respect! Hee Hee I spend too much time on the computer also but sure love it. Such a great resource and a way to connect with people. I am going to finish the 8 Bind-it-all books today. I could have had them done last night but I was cold (couldn't get warm after going outside in the morning) so I decided to crochet under a blanket with the kitties all snug around me. So now I need to decide how I am going to decorate them and get at it!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with trying to spend less time on the computer. I get on to quickly check my e-mail, search for a job before I do some stamping and wind up checking out links, SCS, SU, etc. and before I know it 3-5 hours have gone by. However, it does make the time go quickly. I really enjoy my chats with all the friends I've made on-line.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
Matboard Maniac

Robyn-You summed it up...that is me to a "T"! Off to get dressed and get to work now!!! LOL
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Played the VSN on Friday and have commented on all cards in the 6 galleries to date. Will pop in tomorrow and catch the new ones.

Almost done with the last item needed for the Shoe Box Swap on Feb 12 in Milwaukee. Looking forward to the next get-together of the CURDS/MOOS.

In the meantime, happy stamping, stay safe and enjoy life.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
Hardware Hotshot

SPOILER ALERT!

YAY, PACKERS!

(I am SUCH a fair weather fan. )
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hi ladies--back home after the weekend up north. We visited some friends in Bloomer and had lunch there on Friday. Then, to River Falls and supper at another couple's house and soem competitive games of Rummikub--we taught Phil and Paula how to play and they loved it. Went to coffee with some more people on Saturday morning and then off to Somerset on Saturday afternoon. Went to a fundraiser for a woman who has cancer who lives in the subdivision where our firends are--live band and other stuff un a local bar--forgot how LOUD live bands can be and how tired I can be the next day when staying out until after midnight.................................

Headed home in the late morning, listened to the Packer game on the way and was home to catch the second half--though I had a few bad words and screams to the TV, I guess it was all well in the end! Super Bowl Party!!!!!!!

I too am looking forward to Saturday in Madison and visiting "live" with some of my SCS friends. I do need to get going on the items for the showbox swap on 2/12--soon!

Hope you all have a great start to the week!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNacho View Post

(I am SUCH a fair weather fan. )
Soooo, you weren't tweeting this from the stands? lol!

Anybody know who they play at the Super Bowl? If it's the Steelers, I know of a couple of kids who'll think they've died and gone to heaven. lol!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #22
SCS RAK Coordinator

yes, it is the Steelers!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #23
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone--hope you had a great weekend and are ready for a wonderful week!

I am getting the swap cards that I have received for swaps I am hosting organized--they have been sitting in a box since they arrived here after Christmas. I need to take pictures of the cards and upload them to albums in my gallery--I have been so lax in the past few weeks. Plus, we are still in the process of painting and decorating the family room in the basement--and that is where I keep the plastic bins with cards. They have been stuffed in a closet lately and are ready to come out. We are still not done with the room, but are wiating on the three pieces of furniture that we order and they are to be here in mid-February. I am also heading to the pet store to get a new heater for our fish tank--I cleaned the tank today and the water was way too cold, so I think the heater is fried--and that is not a positive thing. I will also stop at a couple of stores to see if they have the Packer NFC Championship t-shirts. They were showing on TV that Sports Authority was open at 6:00 this morning and people were waiting in line.................... Reminds me of Black Friday!

Hope you have a great Monday!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
Matboard Maniac

Happy Monday! I just got back home from the library board meeting and potluck. I am doing a scrapbook for the library, from the first library till now. A big project, but it is turning out nicely and they are very happy with it. I am going to go get my haircut and then back to the grindstone....or should I say play time!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
Forum Fanatic

I'm stunned. A very vibrant, young, former coworker of mine passed away on Fri. 45 yo., very aggressive lung cancer that they first found in Oct. She never smoked nor was she ever in a home or work setting where there was second hand smoke. She was so alive, so compassionate, so dedicated, so fun loving, so quick with a smile or a helping hand! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 01-24-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #26
SCS RAK Coordinator

how sad--sending you a huge hug Jean.........................

Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
I'm stunned. A very vibrant, young, former coworker of mine passed away on Fri. 45 yo., very aggressive lung cancer that they first found in Oct. She never smoked nor was she ever in a home or work setting where there was second hand smoke. She was so alive, so compassionate, so dedicated, so fun loving, so quick with a smile or a helping hand! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
Sometimes I wonder if it isn't the fumes from cleaning supplies that we use?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #28
Matboard Maniac

So sorry for your loss Jeanie. My grandmother died of lung cancer and was not a smoker either. It can be caused by an exposure to radon too, plus if you have had a family member die of it, your chances of it are like 75% of getting it too, so genetics plays a big factor also. At any rate, it is hard to understand, along with a lot of things that happen down here. Sending a big hug to you....

Hedgie, you are so right about cleaning products. Definitely not good to be inhaling them. Another thing to be very careful of is grilling. I lost a very dear neighbor at a young age due to cancer. She was a smoker, but they also grilled just about every day, and I think that may have played a factor too, as studies have shown that there are carcinogenics in grilled foods. Something about the temperature if I remember correctly.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #29
Forum Fanatic

Thanks for the kind thoughts. It funny how a thing hits you. Rhonda was someone I worked fairly closely with, but not like we were on the same team or anything. We didn't socialize outside of school very often, either. But she always had that perky smile and an easy 'hello' and if you had a question or concern about how to handle a unique kiddo, she made sure she made time for you pretty quickly. She's left quite a legacy. I've a feeling the church will be packed.

I wondered about a genetic link to the cancer. There's so much we still are figuring out when it comes to these diseases, don't you think?

Is that an assiago cheese bagel over there? Can someone pass it over?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #30
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Jeanie, I just read your friend's obituary and saw her photo.....I am so sorry.....

I could stop at Panera for an Asiago Bagel for you dear!

Last edited by hedgiemama; 01-25-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #31
Forum Fanatic

Thanks, hedgie.

What a weird combination of cards to make today: sympathy, baby and 'guy'.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #32
SCS RAK Coordinator

Sure had fun on Saturday, chatting, sharing and shopping with everyone! Love Wisconson SCS'ers!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #33
SCS RAK Coordinator

stay warm and stay safe!

Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #34
Forum Fanatic

Madison school's closed! Madison Metro canceled! No flights this morning. Worse ... no Jimmy the Groundhog!!!* Oh no!!! The snow around here is bad, but the blowing puts it right back where the plows just moved it. It's wicked around here!

I'm thankful we only just got the edge of this. And grateful for a warm home and no pressing reason to leave the house today. My thoughts go out to folk like road crews and hospital staff who need to deal go out no matter what.

I have tax stuff to finish up but may just take some of my day to play with stamps (and my new ScorPal ... ) The smell of chili simmering will take a bit of the bite out of Old Man Winter's bluster.

* I hear the mayor of Sun Prairie will have a private meeting with Jimmy to get the scoop on the spring forecast. Whew! LOL!

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 02-02-2011 at 04:05 AM..
Old 02-02-2011, 04:36 AM   #35
Matboard Maniac

I am with you one hundred percent Jeanie. So thankful to be home, safe, and warm. I haven't been out since last Friday, except to get the mail. I have been home working away. I finished decorating 14 bind it all note books yesterday, and started crocheting another scarf and that is about half done. I love holing up in the winter! LOL
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #36
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone--yes, in the middle of the blizzard. They are calling it "Civil Danger Warning", meaning if you are on the roads, you may not be rescued if you need it! We have maybe a foot of new snow, and lots, lots of wind. The plow actually went through on our road and thay usually does not happen until much later. But, there is an SUV stuck in the middle of the road and the plow could not get past, so it only plowed to it and back the same way. Our driveway is plowed by our neighbor who lives three houses away and there are huge piles of snow he is trying to move to the side. We have some drifts of 4-5 feet in the back by the hot tub. A perfect day to stay in and stamp. I need to get going on the cards for the shoebox swap on the 12th, so today is the day!

I sure hope everyone is is safe, dry and warm. I know this storm is huge. Enjoy the weather--from inside!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #37
Forum Fanatic

Jimmy says only six more weeks. LOL!

Hard to imagine that in two months time we'll be looking at brown grass, mud and budding trees. C'mon spring, you can do it!!! We're pulling for you!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

8" on the 80' driveway here. Shovelled 1/4th of it and the neighbor across the road came over and snow blowed the rest. I was so happy. And he wouldn't accept the money I tried to give him.

Hope everyone was able to get the stamping done that they planned with the 'free' day.

Looking forward to seeing those of you going on the 12th.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #39
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

UW Clinics, where I work, was closed during the snow. But many had to find a way if they worked at the hospital or nursing homes, etc... a big/difficult week for many. I see we got 20.5 inches b/n Mon-Weds. This is a much needed weekend off, for many.

If you ladies have any events please let me know how to access those opportunities? TY!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #40
Embossing Fanatic

Default Hi

Hi all, I'm new to this thread, Elaine sent it to me. I do know some of you, but I don't write too often. I'm more the silent type. LOL! I do like reading what everyone else writes though. How about everyone give a shout out to our team,huh? 1, 2, 3, GO PACKERS!!!!! LADY_DI