Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #14641
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
And speaking of marching competitions... we have two tomorrow.
Good luck on the competitions!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #14642
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so I decided what my present to myself was going to be, out of the Search project bonus.

I'm going to organize my huge pile of 12x12 paper -- bought this and bunches of 12x12 hanging file folders.

Silver Rolling Rack by Advantus (7255610000)
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #14643
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
PH, enjoy the band competitions today.

V, any news on the job?

Amber, good luck with the party prep and don't stress too much. The only thing I might suggest is a crockpot of mini cocktail wieners in BBQ sauce to add something not so sweet to the assortment. Otherwise sounds delish!

(You can call them bloody fingers or something.)
They are still looking at buildings. I talked a little with my brother today but we kept getting interrupted and sidetracked, darn kids and dog. Maybe I'll try to sneak a few minutes with him alone to just remind him how interested I am.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #14644

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
Speak for yourself! I plan to spend the weekend entertaining very naughty thoughts about the cleaning crew, hard, at work "buffing" my "cabin" in Homer... oh, and the pristine view of Kachemak Bay and the mountains of course...
Punctuation is fun
Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #14645
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Ooooo is he as sexy as he sounds? and looks on the CD cover?
chris or garth?

Chris died several years ago of liver failure - but yes, I think he was pretty danged sexy and had a fabulous voice.

what you gonna do with the cowboy - when he don't saddle up and ride away! well, i could defnitely think of a few things!!!

garth - i don't think he was that sexy - always a bit too pudgy to be sexy - but he does have an amazing voice! i've been in a hottub wiht him..

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #14646

now i'm going to have to bust out my chris ledoux tapes and listen to him again - i think i have one cd i need to upload to itunes...

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #14647
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
chris or garth?

Chris died several years ago of liver failure - but yes, I think he was pretty danged sexy and had a fabulous voice.

what you gonna do with the cowboy - when he don't saddle up and ride away! well, i could defnitely think of a few things!!!

garth - i don't think he was that sexy - always a bit too pudgy to be sexy - but he does have an amazing voice! i've been in a hottub wiht him..
Garth Brooks put on one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen back in the 90s. He was just a ball of fire up there on the stage.

I agree he's not sexy in that lean-and-mean way but I've always liked a cuddly guy better than one who's all muscle. The Arnold Schwarzenegger-Sylvester Stallone type never did a thing for me. On the other hand I'm not exactly Angelina Jolie either...

Actually if I could look like any actress, I'd want to look like Cote de Pablo, who plays Ziva on NCIS. She's so beautiful, but not in that waifish, Hollywood bombshell sort of way. She looks really smart and strong. I'd love to have the looks to pull that off. I mean, I'm pretty sure I look smart and I know I'm strong but she makes it look quietly sexy too.

I think I'd be happy just not to have the wattle.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #14648

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
Punctuation is fun
Yes it's the difference between helping Uncle Jack off a horse and helping uncle jack off a horse. Oh wait, that's punctuation...
Old 09-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #14649

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonRR View Post
If it's a fluffy and/or hardpacked snow area, those would be fine.

If it's wetter, the nubuck would be difficult to keep clean (water stains, salt stains, etc.)...
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Although I had a pair of fake Uggs I got when I worked up in Boston a lot and sprayed them with silicone, and the spray worked really well.

I'll probably look next spring/summer when Sierra Trading Post gets all this year's closeouts in. But I'm intrigued by all the thinsulate lined boots. Despite the fact that my head feels like it's on fire every time I get a hot flash, my feet still get cold.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #14650
Glitter Guru

I always loved putting on my Sorels when it was below zero (or snowing) in MT - such toasty toes

But they're definitely not fashion forward - your choice is much prettier!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #14651

So I did something I have not done in years this afternoon. Debbie and I finished prepping the cards for her class next week so we went to the mall. I still have my JJill charge card. I tried on a straight skirt, just above the knee and it looked SO good that I:

1) charged it

and

2) paid full price

I just tried it on and it made me feel wildly optimistic that I might date again. And look cute, and possibly hot in an interesting person, 51-year-old sort of way. I can't believe I did that when I have NO money after trip, atty and colonoscopy deductible. I guess it's not so bad--I'll pay the bill next month when it comes. I've just been trying really hard NOT to do that.

It's that aphid green color, a bit of spandex, just above the knee. I tried it on with a black tunic-length top. Even Debbie, who is not a big fan of aphid green, gave me a wow. I have a lot of long tops that will conceal that it's a bit snug in the tummy area.

I'm going to wear it to work on Monday with an appropriately decorous long top.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #14652
Glitter Guru

I'm in hot flash hell today - I think I've had five?

And to risk TMI, I had a 2.5 week cycle again (!) - third in a row, I think - with almost double the uncomfortable days (IYKWIM). Getting tired of it...
Old 09-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #14653

Quote:
I always loved putting on my Sorels when it was below zero (or snowing) in MT - such toasty toes

But they're definitely not fashion forward - your choice is much prettier!
I've been in such a contrary mood lately, I'd about wear Sorels with my brand-new aphid green skirt, LOL!

Are Sorels really good, warm winter boots? Sierra Trading has a lot of them on the site, too?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #14654
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So I did something I have not done in years this afternoon. Debbie and I finished prepping the cards for her class next week so we went to the mall. I still have my JJill charge card. I tried on a straight skirt, just above the knee and it looked SO good that I:

1) charged it

and

2) paid full price

I just tried it on and it made me feel wildly optimistic that I might date again. And look cute, and possibly hot in an interesting person, 51-year-old sort of way. I can't believe I did that when I have NO money after trip, atty and colonoscopy deductible. I guess it's not so bad--I'll pay the bill next month when it comes. I've just been trying really hard NOT to do that.

It's that aphid green color, a bit of spandex, just above the knee. I tried it on with a black tunic-length top. Even Debbie, who is not a big fan of aphid green, gave me a wow. I have a lot of long tops that will conceal that it's a bit snug in the tummy area.

Wow! Good for you!

Although I can't remember the last time I paid full price for any article of clothing....
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #14655

Quote:

And to risk TMI, I had a 2.5 week cycle again (!) - third in a row, I think - with almost double the uncomfortable days (IYKWIM). Getting tired of it...
I hear you on that one.

I had a meeting with one of my co-workers this week in his cube and in the middle he pulled 4 tissues out of his tissue box and said, 'here.' Sigh. I'm in it for the dignity...
Old 09-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #14656

Quote:
Wow! Good for you!

Although I can't remember the last time I paid full price for any article of clothing....
I can't either. I also can't remember the last time I charged something because I didn't have the money in my account to pay cash at the time I bought it...

Oh well. If that's the most irresponsible thing I do post-divorce I have the feeling I'll survive... It's not like I've hired a gang of singing anti-Romney male models to clean my imaginary cabin in Homer, Alaska or anything...
Old 09-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #14657
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I've been in such a contrary mood lately, I'd about wear Sorels with my brand-new aphid green skirt, LOL!

Are Sorels really good, warm winter boots? Sierra Trading has a lot of them on the site, too?
Definitely! The ones DH and I have are ugly, for sure, but they have removable liners so we can dry them out in between uses and the tread is fantastic - no worries about slipping. And we've had them for, hmmm, 20+ years now, with heavy winter use for almost half of it.

Not the best "hiking a long way" boots, because they're heavy (at least our ugly model is). Part of what makes me feel comfortable walking in slippery weather, I think.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #14658

Quote:
Definitely! The ones DH and I have are ugly, for sure, but they have removable liners so we can dry them out in between uses and the tread is fantastic - no worries about slipping. And we've had them for, hmmm, 20+ years now, with heavy winter use for almost half of it.

Not the best "hiking a long way" boots, because they're heavy (at least our ugly model is). Part of what makes me feel comfortable walking in slippery weather, I think.
Well, the one and only advantage to asthma triggered by the cold is that I'm not likely to be hiking a long way during the winter.

They sound like awesome boots!

Folks in AK all seem to have these heavy duty brown Wellie boots for the muddy season. They looked great for winter kayaking but I resisted since I already have a pair of rubber boots I use. I figured if I keep going up there I'll get myself a pair one of these days but no rush.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #14659

I guess if I'm going to have fun with my aphid colored skirt, I'm going to have to stop going to bed before 10pm.

Hot date with a pile of zzzzzz's, dogs and a kitteh in a couple of minutes.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #14660

I'm having lunch break at work. I miss you guys. Gomma try real hard to get a clean house tomorrow so I can treat myself to HYCCT stamping and chatting on Monday
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #14661
Stazon Splitcoast

Ha! Sorel boots are on the bottom ad!

Yup, kinda ugly. But I can totally see myself walking Shadow in the ice and snow in those with my feet all toasty and warm!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #14662
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi V.

OK, what is HYCCT?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #14663
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yikes!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #14664
Stazon Splitcoast

So the weather forecast for Applefest tomorrow: 68 and sunny. Not bad!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #14665

i always called those things "duck boots"... are they the same thing?

To date 20 completed!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #14666

word for the wise - do not piss me off. but if you really decide to go there - be prepared. a battle of the wits with unarmed opponents is very boring.

To date 20 completed!

Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #14667

so my buddy with the union comments earlier this week brought his girlfriend into the fight to persuade me that i was wrong and he was right and i should get over it. i had unfriended him and she felt that i had no right to do that. i was being childish....

i ignored her comments the first time. the second time, the third time. each time warning her to back off and let me be mad and hurt. i'd either get over or i wouldn't but her interfering wasn't helping.

the fourth time she started in on me as to how i need to get over it, i accidentally forwarded some text messages from him that were very unflattering about her. oh and then this screen shot of some pm's from him regarding her popped up in her inbox - i have no idea how they got there.

of course, then i had to hear about how i was a liar and a homewrecker and i was jealous. oh - did another screen shot with more messages pop up in her inbox again?

we finally all agreed to hate each other and block each other on facebook. and to lose our phone numbers. im' sure i'll be getting all kinds of childish stupid spam mails and such.

oh and they're going to forward dh some of those text messages - oh wait - i already have done that - and i let him read the WHOLE conversation not just the snippets that make me look bad? darn it.

i have a feeling i know someone that will be sleeping on the couch tonight. oopsie.

To date 20 completed!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #14668
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
so my buddy with the union comments earlier this week brought his girlfriend into the fight to persuade me that i was wrong and he was right and i should get over it. i had unfriended him and she felt that i had no right to do that. i was being childish....

i ignored her comments the first time. the second time, the third time. each time warning her to back off and let me be mad and hurt. i'd either get over or i wouldn't but her interfering wasn't helping.

the fourth time she started in on me as to how i need to get over it, i accidentally forwarded some text messages from him that were very unflattering about her. oh and then this screen shot of some pm's from him regarding her popped up in her inbox - i have no idea how they got there.

of course, then i had to hear about how i was a liar and a homewrecker and i was jealous. oh - did another screen shot with more messages pop up in her inbox again?

we finally all agreed to hate each other and block each other on facebook. and to lose our phone numbers. im' sure i'll be getting all kinds of childish stupid spam mails and such.

oh and they're going to forward dh some of those text messages - oh wait - i already have done that - and i let him read the WHOLE conversation not just the snippets that make me look bad? darn it.

i have a feeling i know someone that will be sleeping on the couch tonight. oopsie.
Wow, E. Sounds like drama that you really don't need in your life.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #14669

Quote:
So the weather forecast for Applefest tomorrow: 68 and sunny. Not bad!
Sounds perfect to me!

Ah... fall! 70s and partly cloudy here... looks like I'll get out for a paddle today.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #14670

Quote:
i always called those things "duck boots"... are they the same thing?
I always thought of these as duck boots:

Women's Bean Boots by L.L.Bean, Bison 8": Rain Boots | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

I used to about live in them from Oct-May when I lived in Virginia--that red clay mud was everywhere when it rained. Just passed my 30+ yo pair on to my niece since my shoe size went from 5.5-6 when I got them n college to 7 now, going to need a larger pair. I have to say that for a 30 yo pair of shoes that saw years of regular wear, they're in great shape. I definitely plan to invest in the next pair after Christmas--hoping they'll have at least something on sale. Even if they don't I'm entirely certain I'll have them and they'll hold together at this point quite literally for the rest of my life. 51 + 32 or 33 probably won't leave me a long time to go without new muck and mud boots. Actually that's way more of a profound thought than I think I meant it to be.

Oooo, I wonder if these might go on sale at some point--great reviews!

Women's Bean Boots by L.L.Bean, 10" Shearling-Lined: Winter Boots | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

I don't think I'll ever get past the idea that Annie Hall, the LLBean catalog, and Jerry Garicia are important sources of fashion inspiration, LOL... Oh and of course Eljo's on the corner at UVa...
Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #14671

Quote:

Holy cow E.

I'm with you all the way on this one. You asked them nicely. Several times. Bullying and whining over this stuff is kindergarten baby poop. If you hurt someone's feelings, respect that and BACK OFF. If you're not going to do that, prepare to find out more forcibly that someone does not want to be your friend or even bothered in any way any further.

I don't get people who don't understand courteous requests to back off--especially after someone's made it clear that the person behaved in way that really hurt someone and damaged a friendship. Very often, especially with respect, good will and a bit of space, those situations truly can be fixed. But getting all up in someone's face and ordering them to see to your satisfaction IMMEDIATELY does not exactly scream, 'hey I know I messed up and I need to give you space to get over how bad I made you feel.'
Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #14672
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Two words:
Screen clarity.

Oh.My.Goat. Such an improvement over my good ol' trusty 3G.
I'm actually posting this from the phone. Wouldn't have attempted SCS from the old phone unless it was an emergency situation.
One more word:
Speed.

Checking email, checking out Facebook or websites - wow. MUCH faster.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #14673
Band Mom

Quote:
I guess it isn't the Mayan end after all?
Experts: Mayas prophesized, but not end of world - Yahoo! News

Maybe time for a new thread title?
What do y'all think... new thread when this one gets to 15,000 posts?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #14674
Band Mom

Quote:
My friend & neighbor Char is moving to Denver, before Halloween.

We are going out for a late lunch today at Macaroni Grill.
Poor Marge. All her neighbors are moving away...

I don't know if that says something about Marge (*teasing grin*) or if they are just trying to get the heck away from the idiot HOA board!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #14675
Band Mom

Quote:
So I haven't ordered from QVC for over a year. I used to order at least once a month, maybe more.

Anyway they had a Today's Special Value on these Clark's booties a few weeks ago.
Search Results for ingalls dover

I took the plunge at the sale price. I ordered them in navy. Anyway they arrived and I like them! Will be great with jeans. A bit narrower than most of my other Clarks shoes (I have about 8-10 pairs of Clarks and always take a 10M. Anyway, these are a bit narrower but OK. )

I have pairs of black, brown, and wine Clarks shooties (not booties!) that are my staple work shoes with my work slacks all winter. These are a little higher (more bootie-ish than shootie-ish) but I like them.
They are cute!

I have a pair of short leather Bass boots that I bought at the Bass outlet when I met Taylor and Jane in Williamsburg. Geez, that's been almost 4 years ago. Even though I don't wear the boots that often, they were a darn good price because I got them and some socks for about $50.00.

"Shooties"? Got a link? (Yeah, I know, I could take the time to look them up myself but I'm supposed to be sorting laundry... )
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #14676
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
This is what I see when I open my fridge.
More than a mouthful...
Old 09-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #14677
Band Mom

Quote:
OK, so I decided what my present to myself was going to be, out of the Search project bonus.

I'm going to organize my huge pile of 12x12 paper -- bought this and bunches of 12x12 hanging file folders.

Silver Rolling Rack by Advantus (7255610000)
Very cool!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #14678
Band Mom

Quote:
Actually if I could look like any actress, I'd want to look like Cote de Pablo, who plays Ziva on NCIS. She's so beautiful, but not in that waifish, Hollywood bombshell sort of way. She looks really smart and strong. I'd love to have the looks to pull that off. I mean, I'm pretty sure I look smart and I know I'm strong but she makes it look quietly sexy too.
I agree. I think she's gorgeous.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #14679
Band Mom

Quote:

1) charged it

and

2) paid full price

Photos, please!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #14680
Band Mom

Quote:

That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry, Alyson.