Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #12481
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Happily quiet day. Great training sessions with Sonny. He gets a bit rambunctious and I'm glad to see he still has his spunk. I definite did not realize how much life outside freaks him out. But he's WAY more relaxed in the house and cuddling up with Molly and me on the couch. I love that. We run around back. I know their Imperious Majesties hate it that I've got the chairs and back yard patio table strewn around the yard but it's a perfect little agility course for all of us and it's so much fun running both dogs through itl He's starting to do come off leash but still wants to veer off and go to place (STBX's comfy chair, which Sonny's taken over). Got my toes painted, cut up a canteloupe and had a lovely fresh fruit feast, bit of pasta and cheese on the side. Then made a few cards and then got most of my gear packed for the trip. I'm SO psyched to head that far North and West in just a week and a half!!! I can't believe I'm going!

So a really nice quiet day. Heading upstairs to read the guide book I bought for a bit and fall asleep dreaming wild Alaskan views of mountains and chilly pacific waters.

Debating whether to bring a pretty sweater or skirt in case we all go out one night, or just buy something while I'm there if I need it. I packed cords and not blue but those natural canvas-colored jeans Just not 100% sure a fuzzy jacket and nice t would dress that up for dinner out.

ACK!!!! I'll take off a week from Thursday!!!! It's really happening!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #12482
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
Temporarily or on longer-term basis?
as long as it takes for him to pull his head out of his arse...

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #12483

i've eaten about 4 pieces of birthday cake today...

part of it is stress. part of it is i'm a dang awesome baker...

birthday cake calories don't count, right???

To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #12484
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
I got as far as putting them in those nice padded envelopes with everyone's address. V, if you're reading, I sent you 4 this time so you'll be set for Avon fundraisers.

Yes, you can look online! I'll send you the link. My friend Debbie has an open show right now. Oh--also I have several discontinued pieces for sale, 40% off--let me know if you'd like the list.

I'm usually keep the pieces I love and wear a lot but if you see anything in the discontinued catalog that you like let me know--if I've got it, I might sell for vacation money. I usually keep the pieces I love but I'll host a fundraiser in Nov for the hospital that did my niece's surgery 14 years ago, so I'll get a few hostess pieces out of that, I hope.
You can let me know what discontinued pieces you have, there have been a few tempting ones! I was just looking online. It's hard because you have to click to see it closer, then go back. That was with looking at the catalog. When I just put in necklaces, they were all just too small to see, really. That view is fine if you already know what you want and just want to choose.

I guess it's hard to do jewelry online. I want to see each piece clearly and easily, ya know?

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Old 08-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #12485

Quote:
Happily quiet day. Great training sessions with Sonny. He gets a bit rambunctious and I'm glad to see he still has his spunk. I definite did not realize how much life outside freaks him out. But he's WAY more relaxed in the house and cuddling up with Molly and me on the couch. I love that. We run around back. I know their Imperious Majesties hate it that I've got the chairs and back yard patio table strewn around the yard but it's a perfect little agility course for all of us and it's so much fun running both dogs through itl He's starting to do come off leash but still wants to veer off and go to place (STBX's comfy chair, which Sonny's taken over). Got my toes painted, cut up a canteloupe and had a lovely fresh fruit feast, bit of pasta and cheese on the side. Then made a few cards and then got most of my gear packed for the trip. I'm SO psyched to head that far North and West in just a week and a half!!! I can't believe I'm going!

So a really nice quiet day. Heading upstairs to read the guide book I bought for a bit and fall asleep dreaming wild Alaskan views of mountains and chilly pacific waters.

Debating whether to bring a pretty sweater or skirt in case we all go out one night, or just buy something while I'm there if I need it. I packed cords and not blue but those natural canvas-colored jeans Just not 100% sure a fuzzy jacket and nice t would dress that up for dinner out.

ACK!!!! I'll take off a week from Thursday!!!! It's really happening!!!
You know, there are probably a lot of harmless things you can do to get the Imperious Majesties to start house hunting outside the neighborhood faster. If strewing your possessions around the yard does it, I'd get some more out! HA HA HA I mean what the heck, it's your freakin yard. I'm sure there are some rules, maybe you can't hang laundry out. But I'd sure do what I could.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #12486

I realize the posts in the gallery lag a bit, but I caught this over there - even though I passed it in the forums. Good number!!!

Stampin Wrose

Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #12487

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
i've eaten about 4 pieces of birthday cake today...

part of it is stress. part of it is i'm a dang awesome baker...

birthday cake calories don't count, right???
Exactly the same way onion ring and cheese enchilada calories don't count if you're a month or so from your divorce being final...
Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #12488

Quote:
as long as it takes for him to pull his head out of his arse...
So the 22nd century or so?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #12489

Quote:
So the 22nd century or so?
Lol. Something like that. He went for a ride and came back about 2hours later. Went straight to our room and went to bed.

At least he wasn't complaining.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #12490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
You can let me know what discontinued pieces you have, there have been a few tempting ones! I was just looking online. It's hard because you have to click to see it closer, then go back. That was with looking at the catalog. When I just put in necklaces, they were all just too small to see, really. That view is fine if you already know what you want and just want to choose.

I guess it's hard to do jewelry online. I want to see each piece clearly and easily, ya know?
I'll take pics of the discontinued stuff and e it.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #12491

Quote:
You know, there are probably a lot of harmless things you can do to get the Imperious Majesties to start house hunting outside the neighborhood faster. If strewing your possessions around the yard does it, I'd get some more out! HA HA HA I mean what the heck, it's your freakin yard. I'm sure there are some rules, maybe you can't hang laundry out. But I'd sure do what I could.
The irony, of course, is how much of their daughter's stuff has blown into my yard during storms after she leaves stuff strewn all over the place.

Kind of like their ginormous dog barking in no way being a problem... it's everyone ELSE's dogs...

I used to really enjoy hanging out with them but they just seem like they want to pick fights with everyone these days. No matter how much you may once have liked someone, when they only time they speak to you involves making demands in a tone that implies you've provided them with entirely unsatisfactory room service, and must personally rectify their discomfort IMMEDIATELY, it wears down a lot of good feelings.

I wish them well and hope they work out whatever's eating at them, but I'm not a punching bag and won't tolerate being treated like one. The dogs are not punching bags either.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #12492

Quote:
Lol. Something like that. He went for a ride and came back about 2hours later. Went straight to our room and went to bed.

At least he wasn't complaining.
I hope things get better.

I think when people act like that it starts to come across as emotional blackmail: do what I want or I'll behave so badly and make you so miserable that defying my wishes will only lead to suffering for all.

And of course even raising the subject means you'll go through it all over again, so having a conversation to try and work things out is off limits too.

I don't know if he does that second part but the folks I know who excel at pulling the first part usually excel at part deux as well.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #12493
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, my French friend Christiane is in the States visiting her landlord lover.

I told y'all that story, right?

Anyway after lunch she is coming over. If weather stays good we'll go for a walk and then do some stamping.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #12494
Stazon Splitcoast

Birthday BBQ last night for walking group friend Donna was very nice. She lives about 40 minutes away from me, about 20 from Leona.

It was mostly neighbors and family, maybe 30 people.

She has a great back yard, about an acre. Nice flagstone patio, huge gazebo, little paths that meander through lightly woodsy areas. They lit candles on stakes along the path, made it look like a fairy land. Big firepit.

Food was great, company was good. Devilled eggs were a hit. Leona brought a Chinese recipe, a creamy mango pudding that was to die for. The birthday cake was brought by her daughter-in-law's mother, a Martha Stewart chocolate cake recipe with homemade caramel in the layers and a very fudgey frosting. OMG, heaven.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #12495
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyway since I spent all week cleaning my neighbor's house for the new owner -- my own house is pretty messy.

Spent about an hour already neating up for Christiane. Still have more cleaning to do.

I think we'll make this card today. When I do it again, I'll probably use a birthday greeting. Can always use those!
Cacklin' Crafter: Country Lane
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #12496
Stazon Splitcoast

I think this might have been the cake recipe. I might skip a few steps and use store-bought caramel sauce. Maybe.

Salted-Caramel Six-Layer Chocolate Cake - Martha Stewart Recipes
Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #12497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Hi all, my French friend Christiane is in the States visiting her landlord lover.

Anyway after lunch she is coming over. If weather stays good we'll go for a walk and then do some stamping.
You have told us! I hope you've had a good time!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #12498

Quote:
Anyway since I spent all week cleaning my neighbor's house for the new owner -- my own house is pretty messy.

Spent about an hour already neating up for Christiane. Still have more cleaning to do.

I think we'll make this card today. When I do it again, I'll probably use a birthday greeting. Can always use those!
Oh Marge, that's beautiful!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #12499

Quote:

I know you've told us a lot about her, I think that she was seeing someone here but it may have been a while ago. I have to admit I don't remember if you told us the details about a landlord lover.

Is a landlord lover anything like a marine layer?
Old 08-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #12500

I think a landlord lover is more - corporeal - than a marine layer.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #12501

So I guess it's good I quit Words With Friends in March. I didn't mean to, but when MO and I went on our trip, I got busy before she got here and then all my games expired. I thought I'd get back to it but just didn't. But I found out on vacation that people didn't want to play me! Family. Sigh.

Heck I sure don't feel invincible. ERK beat me a lot and so did Consuelo! I do love a good game and challenge. Oh well it was eating up a lot of time.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #12502
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't played since then either. I'll start a game later if you want. I'm watching the closing ceremony at the moment. DH decided he'd rather be in the garage in 108 heat than inside with a homesick blubbering mess.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #12503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
I haven't played since then either. I'll start a game later if you want. I'm watching the closing ceremony at the moment. DH decided he'd rather be in the garage in 108 heat than inside with a homesick blubbering mess.
i'm torn between lol and awwwww.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #12504

ate at bonefish grill for dd's birthday. food was okay. nothign super duper - but she enjoyed it.

she wanted to eat at saltgrass (our favorite restaurant) but dh wouldn't let her - he wanted to go someplace "new" which is one of the things that set him off last night because i wouldn't choose someplace "new" i said ask dd it's her birthday...

oh well - he was happy so i guess that's good too.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #12505

Quote:

Marge that card is just gorgeous!!!

I've been on a much more regular cleaning schedule since I started dog training because I clean every week before the trainer arrives. Until now it's been catch-as-catch can.

Probably helps that since I've been training I don't go out of town much or stay out for long paddles on Sundays any more. Actually being here definitely keeps makes it easier to make time for cleaning, LOL.

I'm on a schedule of early morning walks and evening paddles after training. In between, making a card or two and cleaning.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #12506

came back home and ate more birthday cake - i got sooooo many compliments on it.

everyone wanted to know who did it. we have 100 cake ladies around here (well really about 15-20) but their cakes are dry and the decorations boring. everyone said how yummy and moist this cake was...

they were all surprised adn wanted to place orders once i told them it was me.

i've made every birthday cake for both girls since they were born. and i've decorated them too. i used to do a lot for others but arthritis took care of that career...

i laughed so hard at this one girl who was trying to look down on dd because she had a "homemade" cake instead of a storebought one a few years ago...

dd put her in her place adn then some over it. and said she hopes i'm around to make her cake when she's 90... (i hope like hell i'm not still making birthday cakes when she's 90 but it was a sweet gesture! haha!)

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #12507

we've DEFINITELY been keeping the house cleaner since i've been home.

i get up every morning early and vacuum the den and sweep teh kitchen floor. i'll wipe down teh counters after every meal.

when i'm working - the vacuuming gets done about once a week - there's just too much dog hair around to wait htat long. adn then i also let the girls help with the counters. they try - but they just don't get it like i want it... during the school year i get over it since i'm so tired but during the summer - i have to have it clean...

shadow has enjoyed the more frequent brushings too - during hte school year he gets brushed about once a month... this summer it has been at least once a week if not 2-3 times a week. it's helped a lot with his shedding.

he's going to miss us so much when school starts back....

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #12508

i want to lose 3 more pounds before next monday.... but i really really want another piece of birthday cake...

i'm thinking i'll get over those 3 pounds.... lol!

maybe i'll walk on the elliptical machine some.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #12509

Quote:
I think a landlord lover is more - corporeal - than a marine layer.
LOL!

That would make sense...
Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #12510
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you all seen the Google "thing" today. Quite cool.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #12511

Quote:
came back home and ate more birthday cake - i got sooooo many compliments on it.

everyone wanted to know who did it. we have 100 cake ladies around here (well really about 15-20) but their cakes are dry and the decorations boring. everyone said how yummy and moist this cake was...

they were all surprised adn wanted to place orders once i told them it was me.

i've made every birthday cake for both girls since they were born. and i've decorated them too. i used to do a lot for others but arthritis took care of that career...

i laughed so hard at this one girl who was trying to look down on dd because she had a "homemade" cake instead of a storebought one a few years ago...

dd put her in her place adn then some over it. and said she hopes i'm around to make her cake when she's 90... (i hope like hell i'm not still making birthday cakes when she's 90 but it was a sweet gesture! haha!)
GOOD for you E!

As for DD's friend, I know it was a few years ago but who the heck tries to smug on a birthday girl at her own party. Good for DD for putting her in her place!

Um... if I got in the wagon and drove down there, would there still be cake when I arrived? Or should I just plan on going to work instead tomorrow?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #12512

Quote:
we've DEFINITELY been keeping the house cleaner since i've been home.

i get up every morning early and vacuum the den and sweep teh kitchen floor. i'll wipe down teh counters after every meal.

when i'm working - the vacuuming gets done about once a week - there's just too much dog hair around to wait htat long. adn then i also let the girls help with the counters. they try - but they just don't get it like i want it... during the school year i get over it since i'm so tired but during the summer - i have to have it clean...

shadow has enjoyed the more frequent brushings too - during hte school year he gets brushed about once a month... this summer it has been at least once a week if not 2-3 times a week. it's helped a lot with his shedding.

he's going to miss us so much when school starts back....
Oh! I know he'll miss all of you so much!

Yeah with work I'm lucky to vacuum once a week. Think collie, cocker, fluffy white cat and the time of year... sometimes I feel like I live on the inside of a wookiee. Although Sonny gets brushed every day or two, and I sweep most days. With the tile floors, that gets a good bit of it. I HAVE to have a clean kitchen and clean bathrooms. I'm just not the world's tidiest human in the best of times.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #12513

Quote:
Have you all seen the Google "thing" today. Quite cool.
Oh fun!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #12514

Quote:
GOOD for you E!

As for DD's friend, I know it was a few years ago but who the heck tries to smug on a birthday girl at her own party. Good for DD for putting her in her place!

Um... if I got in the wagon and drove down there, would there still be cake when I arrived? Or should I just plan on going to work instead tomorrow?
I wish u would. I'm on ,y 4th piece of cake....

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #12515

10 minutes left on my os upgrade. Can't wait to see if it makes as big of a difference as I think it will.

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #12516

Oh did I mention my huge I told u so moment this week???

We are a computer family. All of us have something.

Dh and I used to build desktops for people and about 8-9 years ago I built myself one. At the time I could build a top of the line all bells and whistles machine for about the cost of a bottom of the line dell.... And I built one a bit better than that.

Well since then I've bought a laptop and then my MacBook. My old desktop got pushed to the side. Dh bought him a laptop and then brought an old work laptop home for the girls. Dd saved up her birthday/Christmas money for about 3 years and bought herself a laptop last year...

My old laptop has a funny power connection. U can't buy replacement parts for it anymore so it's not working. Dd2 broke the screen on the old work laptop.....

So dh was like we need to buy dd2 a new laptop.... I said no. She needs to save up like her sister did and buy her own or use the desktop...

Dh argued that old thing. It's 8-9 year.s old it will never run good enough for her to use it for school....

I told him I built it top notch when I did and it should run just fine.....He argued he prObably wouldn't get it to turn on. Try it and see I said.

So he pouted and whined that. I wouldn't let him buy dd2 a new computer and went and reinstalled vista on it and office7.... Dd2 just announced that my 8-9 year old desktop works better than her dads 2 year old laptop....

Beautiful I told u so moment... Lol. And now hes mad her computer is better than his. Haha!!!

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #12517

Quote:
Oh! I know he'll miss all of you so much!

Yeah with work I'm lucky to vacuum once a week. Think collie, cocker, fluffy white cat and the time of year... sometimes I feel like I live on the inside of a wookiee. Although Sonny gets brushed every day or two, and I sweep most days. With the tile floors, that gets a good bit of it. I HAVE to have a clean kitchen and clean bathrooms. I'm just not the world's tidiest human in the best of times.
I have to have clean kitchen and baths too.... I drive my family nuts with my wiping of the counters and sink... And I'll scrub a toilet no questions asked...

To date 20 completed!

Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #12518

Quote:
Awww....

But I'll decline on the WWF, it's just a time sucker and I don't need to be sucked in again. DH and I are heading to Atlanta in a month so I'll be busy. Thanks for the offer, though!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #12519

Quote:
Oh ERK.

It must be hard to miss home that much. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #12520

Quote:
Oh did I mention my huge I told u so moment this week???

We are a computer family. All of us have something.

Dh and I used to build desktops for people and about 8-9 years ago I built myself one. At the time I could build a top of the line all bells and whistles machine for about the cost of a bottom of the line dell.... And I built one a bit better than that.

Well since then I've bought a laptop and then my MacBook. My old desktop got pushed to the side. Dh bought him a laptop and then brought an old work laptop home for the girls. Dd saved up her birthday/Christmas money for about 3 years and bought herself a laptop last year...

My old laptop has a funny power connection. U can't buy replacement parts for it anymore so it's not working. Dd2 broke the screen on the old work laptop.....

So dh was like we need to buy dd2 a new laptop.... I said no. She needs to save up like her sister did and buy her own or use the desktop...

Dh argued that old thing. It's 8-9 year.s old it will never run good enough for her to use it for school....

I told him I built it top notch when I did and it should run just fine.....He argued he prObably wouldn't get it to turn on. Try it and see I said.

So he pouted and whined that. I wouldn't let him buy dd2 a new computer and went and reinstalled vista on it and office7.... Dd2 just announced that my 8-9 year old desktop works better than her dads 2 year old laptop....

Beautiful I told u so moment... Lol. And now hes mad her computer is better than his. Haha!!!
Do you still build desktops? Sometime in the next year I want to get one for my office. I love the laptop but I really like a desktop with a good monitor.

Maybe I could arrange to drive down and pick it up!