In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #10761
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
I'm sitting here, in my livingroom with tears rolling down my face realizing I have just raised over $14,000 over the course of four years to help people. I mean I KNOW it wasn't MY money but it was my work. I'm in a little shock right now.
Oh V!!! I'm SO happy for you! That just amazes me!!!!

And this year you did it while working two jobs AND taking care of the family. You're awesome!!!
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #10762
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom
 
PH in VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: with a soft kitty, warm kitty, (not so) little ball of fur
Posts: 74,219
Default

YDS cracks me up.

He was talking about how the SU color names are alliterative, and looked at the ink pads out on my desk.

"Pumpkin Pie. Well, that's OK, that makes sense because there is such a thing as pumpkin pie. But Rich Razzleberry? Is there even such a thing as a razzleberry? And if they have *Rich* Razzleberry, do they also have Poverty Plum?"


shaking my head...
PH in VA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #10763
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

"Poor Plum"!!

How about 99 percenter plum? HAHAHA
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #10764
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

DH and I went for Thai food tonight. We've been to this place a couple times, and it's tasty but not very hot. I got something different tonight and they DID manage to get it hot! It was the typical Thai heat, building up slowly until my eyes were starting to water. Nine tissues.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #10765
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Today was the latest sunset of the year. The weatherman just told me. Even tho the solstice was last week....
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #10766
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25,315
Default

It's been busy / stressful at work. I'm putting in 11-12 hour days and I only started a month ago.

What will happen when I'm the expert, LOL?
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 AM   #10767
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25,315
Default

Going to be about 100 degrees here today. We've had no rain for about a month maybe?

Cranking up the air conditioning so that Shadow is cool while I'm at work.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #10768
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Illinois Marge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25,315
Default

Just heard from my Vermont sister good & bad news.

Bad: Her husband wants a divorce. They married in 2000. They are in counseling. His 2nd marriage, her 3rd.

Good: My step-niece is getting married. A Navy guy on submarine duty.

Other niece has moved to Boulder and is trying to buy a condo with her boyfriend.
__________________
My Blog Cackling Crafter
Illinois Marge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #10769
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

My nieces baby in ICU. Obstructed bowels. Having surgery in a bit.
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #10770
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

E I've been thinking of you all.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #10771
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

hey peeps
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #10772
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
YDS cracks me up.

He was talking about how the SU color names are alliterative, and looked at the ink pads out on my desk.

"Pumpkin Pie. Well, that's OK, that makes sense because there is such a thing as pumpkin pie. But Rich Razzleberry? Is there even such a thing as a razzleberry? And if they have *Rich* Razzleberry, do they also have Poverty Plum?"


shaking my head...
That's a hoot! Tell the DSs I said hello from here.

Sorry I missed you on the wild trip through VA... went up and down the other side of the mtns. It was lovely to see former beau though. We had a good visit. He got divorced a few years ago (got married in his 60s...) and it was actually a huge help to talk to him. I'm invited back when I might be able to stay longer.

Not sure when I'll head back but lovely to have the invitation.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #10773
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
Just heard from my Vermont sister good & bad news.

Bad: Her husband wants a divorce. They married in 2000. They are in counseling. His 2nd marriage, her 3rd.

Good: My step-niece is getting married. A Navy guy on submarine duty.

Other niece has moved to Boulder and is trying to buy a condo with her boyfriend.
Oh Marge.

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I very much feel for your sister.

Glad to hear the good news though. I hope you're doing well. The long days sound brutal. I still need to get you dream itinerary... haven't forgotten! I think we might both be ready for a slightly zany road trip by the time I make it out there.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #10774
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
My nieces baby in ICU. Obstructed bowels. Having surgery in a bit.
Prayers and warmest of thoughts to Mom, little one and all the family. You're all in my thoughts, E.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #10775
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

We took the contractors who got laid off last week out for drinks this evening. I paid dog sitter to feed the pups and let them out so I wouldn't have to rush home. Two of them have new contracts already--one 3 floors up in our building, and 3rd may have a job week after next. In our team meeting today, mgr 2 levels up mentioned that another area was looking for a contractor and literally everyone on the call told him to refer 3rd contractor.

I'm so sad such a great team is shrinking but very happy that at least 2 of the 3 will go back to work Monday and that the 3rd may very well follow within a few days.

It was so much fun to go out after work! I haven't done that for ages and it was just so nice to hang out at the bar and laugh with everyone and feel like we were all out on the town! I wouldn't give up the dogs for everything but I might have the dog sitter come once every month or two and just get out for a bit. There are some really fun restaurants near the office and it's fun to walk around in the middle of all the tall buildings and hang out and have a drink. We'd go out for lunch together now and then but it was fun to chill and not have to run back to the office for a 1pm meeting.

I think we'll all stay in touch, too. We all traded e-mail addresses and I'm going to have everyone and old mgr over for a cookout in the fall. Which probably means I'll need to buy a grill at some point... Hmmm. Maybe I will have them over for brunch instead... LOL.

I think I'm starting to get a life though. I like that feeling.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #10776
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

so i will now have house guests for 3 weeks....

so thankful that i have the space for them.....

praying that i won't lose it while they are here.

i'm a relatively quiet person (no comment). i don't want the tv blaring - i don't want a radio on - and goat forbid - do not just chatter like a magpie for no reason whatsoever.

dh goes into his man cave - the girls hang out here and there - and for the most part i have quiet time to myself - just me and the dishwasher...

for the next 3 weeks i won't.

in addition - i keep a pretty neat house - i want my kitchen spotless - i'll have clutter here and there - but keep your s.hit off my kitchen counters...

they are slobs. i spent 2 hours today washing towels and such just from the past week adn picking up their stuff around the house... haven't touched their bathroom or bedroom. not sure i can handle it - but the s.hit in my kitchen.... argh.

clutter in neat piles is one thing - clutter strewn throughout the house and on every flat surface is somehting else.

i need to get past the me me me me - because they are really really in need...

thankful i can come here and vent it out before they get here...

they know how crazy i am... i hate to set house "rules"... i don't want them thinking they're intruding on me... and it's only for 3 weeks....

so thankful i'm only working a couple days during this period of time and don't have to be up at 5:00...

they are night owls - i'm morning...

shut up e.

quit your moaning and groaning.

they've done so much for me when the girls were younger - why i'm complaining now...

i mean i've done things for them too in teh past - just in different ways. this way is hte first time like this for extended time... i know i'm not good with it...

i guess i'm more worried about the 3 yo. i can't deal with her. i don't want little kids hanging around all the time. i mean she's a GOOD kid and i love her. she's a little busy bee and never stops. that much activity makes me nervous and anxious. i need downtime that she doesn't do.

hopefully teh 3 yo will stay with a different aunt and not here. but i can't tell htem no... they knwo i'm uncomfy with her nad can only handle her for an hour or two here and there. but i want to offer...

argh argh argh argh

shut up e.
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #10777
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

just cleaned out under my bathroom sink - adn medicine cabinet.

threw out lotions and potions and such from 10-15 years ago...

really had a culling out. it was hard - i AM a packrat.... but it felt good too.

now i'm about to tackle my closet - i kept saying i'd wait till school started and then what i couldn't wear i was getting rid of - i have clothes that are 15-18 years old. i think i can get rid of them whether or not i fit into them anymore.

it's time to let go....

i really really really want to downsize the house... (though i do want a bigger closet just for me! lol!) i need to get rid of first.

i've held on and held on and held on for so long... i mean i have a callus shaver that's been around 10 years... really? it's old and rusty and half broke - why am i keeping that???

get rid of get rid of get rid of...

makeup that is 15 years old...
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #10778
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
so i will now have house guests for 3 weeks....

so thankful that i have the space for them.....

praying that i won't lose it while they are here.

i'm a relatively quiet person (no comment). i don't want the tv blaring - i don't want a radio on - and goat forbid - do not just chatter like a magpie for no reason whatsoever.

dh goes into his man cave - the girls hang out here and there - and for the most part i have quiet time to myself - just me and the dishwasher...

for the next 3 weeks i won't.

in addition - i keep a pretty neat house - i want my kitchen spotless - i'll have clutter here and there - but keep your s.hit off my kitchen counters...

they are slobs. i spent 2 hours today washing towels and such just from the past week adn picking up their stuff around the house... haven't touched their bathroom or bedroom. not sure i can handle it - but the s.hit in my kitchen.... argh.

clutter in neat piles is one thing - clutter strewn throughout the house and on every flat surface is somehting else.

i need to get past the me me me me - because they are really really in need...

thankful i can come here and vent it out before they get here...

they know how crazy i am... i hate to set house "rules"... i don't want them thinking they're intruding on me... and it's only for 3 weeks....

so thankful i'm only working a couple days during this period of time and don't have to be up at 5:00...

they are night owls - i'm morning...

shut up e.

quit your moaning and groaning.

they've done so much for me when the girls were younger - why i'm complaining now...

i mean i've done things for them too in teh past - just in different ways. this way is hte first time like this for extended time... i know i'm not good with it...

i guess i'm more worried about the 3 yo. i can't deal with her. i don't want little kids hanging around all the time. i mean she's a GOOD kid and i love her. she's a little busy bee and never stops. that much activity makes me nervous and anxious. i need downtime that she doesn't do.

hopefully teh 3 yo will stay with a different aunt and not here. but i can't tell htem no... they knwo i'm uncomfy with her nad can only handle her for an hour or two here and there. but i want to offer...

argh argh argh argh

shut up e.
E if it were me, I'd just tell them.

I've had people live with us for a while (you all know about the horrible indefinite houseguest story from years ago). One thing I've learned is from that is just to say, you're welcome here but you probably need to know there are a few things that I have a hard time with and it would really help if you could work with me.

There's a huge middle ground between being a generous, caring hostess and feeling you have absolutely no right to feel comfortable in your own home if it even in the least cramps someone else's style. I think there are probably ways to be kind and helpful in the situation that don't require you to stencil 'welcome' on your back and lie down in front of the door. I think if someone's staying that long, it's ok to let them know the house routine and ask if they'd mind helping with X now and then.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #10779
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
E if it were me, I'd just tell them.

I've had people live with us for a while (you all know about the horrible indefinite houseguest story from years ago). One thing I've learned is from that is just to say, you're welcome here but you probably need to know there are a few things that I have a hard time with and it would really help if you could work with me.

There's a huge middle ground between being a generous, caring hostess and feeling you have absolutely no right to feel comfortable in your own home if it even in the least cramps someone else's style. I think there are probably ways to be kind and helpful in the situation that don't require you to stencil 'welcome' on your back and lie down in front of the door. I think if someone's staying that long, it's ok to let them know the house routine and ask if they'd mind helping with X now and then.
I know. And if it was for any other reason than their baby is in icu and may die, I could and would say something...( found out now the stomach and the intestines are not connected. They are 2 separate. So she eats and it just pools in her tummy....).

But I can't be that shallow. Well I can but I don't want to be - about silly things that I can take care of while they are at hospital...

Of course moms bloop pressure is spiking. It's hovering sound 153/108 right. Ow and she's developed clots in her other leg so she may not be coming to my house after all....she was supposed to be discharged tomorrow and now they are saying Monday..... Maybe.....
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #10780
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
We took the contractors who got laid off last week out for drinks this evening. I paid dog sitter to feed the pups and let them out so I wouldn't have to rush home. Two of them have new contracts already--one 3 floors up in our building, and 3rd may have a job week after next. In our team meeting today, mgr 2 levels up mentioned that another area was looking for a contractor and literally everyone on the call told him to refer 3rd contractor.

I'm so sad such a great team is shrinking but very happy that at least 2 of the 3 will go back to work Monday and that the 3rd may very well follow within a few days.

It was so much fun to go out after work! I haven't done that for ages and it was just so nice to hang out at the bar and laugh with everyone and feel like we were all out on the town! I wouldn't give up the dogs for everything but I might have the dog sitter come once every month or two and just get out for a bit. There are some really fun restaurants near the office and it's fun to walk around in the middle of all the tall buildings and hang out and have a drink. We'd go out for lunch together now and then but it was fun to chill and not have to run back to the office for a 1pm meeting.

I think we'll all stay in touch, too. We all traded e-mail addresses and I'm going to have everyone and old mgr over for a cookout in the fall. Which probably means I'll need to buy a grill at some point... Hmmm. Maybe I will have them over for brunch instead... LOL.

I think I'm starting to get a life though. I like that feeling.
Haha, brunch is good. Glad you had a good evening.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #10781
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Oh e, what a tough time for everyone.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #10782
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Marge, glad you're working like you want, but we miss you!
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #10783
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoping View Post
I know. And if it was for any other reason than their baby is in icu and may die, I could and would say something...( found out now the stomach and the intestines are not connected. They are 2 separate. So she eats and it just pools in her tummy....).

But I can't be that shallow. Well I can but I don't want to be - about silly things that I can take care of while they are at hospital...

Of course moms bloop pressure is spiking. It's hovering sound 153/108 right. Ow and she's developed clots in her other leg so she may not be coming to my house after all....she was supposed to be discharged tomorrow and now they are saying Monday..... Maybe.....
Yikes E. That's scary.

I guess I'm just still not sure that asking for small basic courtesy to you and rest of the house is shallow, though. I'm definitely NOT the tidiest person on the planet but if I think when you're visiting someone else, no matter how difficult the circumstances, it's a good idea at least to be aware of being a courteous guest.

I can tell how much love and hope you're putting into being there for them in every possible way. That love is so much of a gift, E.

I very much hope their daughter continues to improve and that her Mom does, too.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #10784
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

*sigh*
I have nothing on my to do list today except paint my toe nails
AWESOME!
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #10785
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

I'm ready to make a Target run, waiting on DD.

I got up, showered, and went back to WW to get some items. They are open after meetings for awhile. Yesterday I picked up a new product, citrus drops, and they were awesome and I know how people are, it'll be sold out next time I go (probably in two weeks) and probably won't get more til I'm gone on my trip. And I want to take some. So I went and bought a bunch of it and am stashing some away.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #10786
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

cleaning out drawers...

throwing out...

good grief at the crap i have...
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #10787
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

My kids are so weird. Sweet but weird
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #10788
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

did I tell yall my car was BACK in the shop? It's so fun NOT
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #10789
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

what's wrong this time???
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #10790
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Oh no, V.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #10791
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

it was making a noise from the last time it was there lol. They said they figured out what was making it and it's fixed and then changed our oil but I'm not sure about this whole thing right now.
I want to get it and drive it and see.
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #10792
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

Got some small chewy things for the ankle biter, now when he starts on me, I can give him one of these.
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #10793
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....
 
Stampin Wrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aboard the Enterprise, watching NCIS reruns!
Posts: 101,374
Default

This is Pippin.
Attached Thumbnails
pippin-5.jpg  
__________________
Kathy Wrose

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Stampin Wrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #10794
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land
 
jmscoping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: longing for my wolf to rescue me!
Posts: 32,632
Default

oh em gee!!!

i just want to hold him. how freaking cute!!!
__________________
ShinerBockadon
Shadow's Stampin' Spot

2013 Scrapping Goal 48 pages
To date 20 completed!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
jmscoping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #10795
neglecting the kids and housework
 
sewsplendidstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fund raising
Posts: 62,028
Default

OMG Wrose bring that baby over here RIGHT NOW!
__________________
Victoria
~Made of awesome
~Bras For The Cause
sewsplendidstamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #10796
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamper View Post
it was making a noise from the last time it was there lol. They said they figured out what was making it and it's fixed and then changed our oil but I'm not sure about this whole thing right now.
I want to get it and drive it and see.


<--is thinking prayerful and white-lightful thoughts for car.
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #10797
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Englishrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,817
Default

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
__________________
Karen
Englishrose is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #10798
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
This is Pippin.
SOOOOOOO adorable!!!!
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #10799
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Well... there may be a chance of my getting a roommate/dog sitter for August. A friend of one of my kayaking buddies may be in town for a month and in need of a place to live.

That would be great if it worked out.

In the meantime, off to sleep. It's supposed to be about 104 tomorrow (we hit 103 today, I'm sure you can imagine how happy that makes me... ). I'm meeting canoe friend up at favorite lake at 7:30am tomorrow to paddle before it gets past the 90s.

In a fit of unbridled optimism, I also ordered a new tankini on sale.

Have so far successfully resisted urge to buy pair of clogs to match.

Sleep well...

V when I get back I will paint toes pink in solidarity with your walk. I don't have any sparkly pink polish but will a nice pale cotton-candyish pink work?
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #10800
Directionally Challenged Parrothead
 
muddy otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: back to bobbing along in my kayak
Posts: 32,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Nomnomnom. Nom.

I will dream happy seedless green dreams now!
__________________
Jane
God sent angels down to earth in the form of dogs with notes saying 'don't judge, just love.' They ate the notes but keep trying to deliver the message.
muddy otter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off