Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn
Default Travelin' Dork Sisters, Part XV

Travelin' Dork Sisters, Part XV
This thread is a forum for us Dork Sisters to talk about everyday mundane topics.
The original 4 Dork Sisters started out from a Silhouette Card Swap I hosted. Three of us were chatting all the time and one mention that she is such a Dork and the rest of us chimed in that we are also Dorks. I started calling us Las Tres Dorks then The Dork Sisters and finally Jackie named us, "The Travelin' Dork Sisters" because we were all planning a get together at my house. Thus, most of the Dorks would be traveling.

The original members are:
Karen Lynn
Hpyscrpr2
Bethhartley
Minister's Wife

We are a friendly bunch who will accept anyone who comes on over.
We do have a few rules to follow:

1. On your first post to this thread, you MUST state:
"Hello, My name is (Your name) and I am a Dork".
This lets us know you are a new member and need a "hello" reply. Besides, doesn't it feel good to admit what you have known about yourself all along??

2. You must state the latest Dorky thing you have done. Read on for examples.

3. Cat Fighting, Name calling (other than Dork), bashing of any sort are prohibited. Your label from Dork will be demoted to....well, I don't know yet.

4. Don't take life seriously. Have fun here and tell us what is going on.

5. Let us known when you have uploaded your photos in your gallery so we can go on over there and ogle your cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here so I won't get lost on vacation!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

I'm here so I won't get lost.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Glitter Guru

I'm here, too!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

Me, four.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:23 AM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

me too! Read back on the previous thread.

Beth- stink and double stink on the ticket. I got a ticket in Feb for a road that I know always has police on it. I just wasn't paying attention. $125 dollars and it stays on my record for 7 years. I was so bummed b/c my driving record was clean.

PS- any news on your house?

Joyce- hope your DD can get to school. Can she just take a few classes at community school for the first year? What is wanting to study?

Karen- yeah on winning

Traci- I bet your yard is looking really great with all the landscaping freshly finished.

Lori- Have fun this weekend!

To all the other dorks, "hi"

Laurie- sorry about your grandmother.

Have a funeral to go to this morning for a woman in church. tonight is a rehearsal for a wedding DH is a part of. Tomorrow is church and the wedding.

My friend from London is in town. Need to call her to get together.

I'm so tired, but good.

BIL finished the bathroom floor. Looks terrific. DH put some molding up for the closet. It's looking more and more like a real bathroom. Can hardly wait to get it back.

The kids had their well check-ups on Thursday. They are doing great. The dr said he loved my kids b/c they were engaging and active and fun to be around. Hmm, maybe I should ask him to babysit??? HA!

Okay, DH is begging me to play a game before we leave. Got a girl to watch them at the church for me during the funeral.

Hugs!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Good morning! My BFF took me out for dinner and a movie last night. We saw Grownups, and we laughed a lot! We had Chinese for dinner that was so-so. Then we went down to the lakefront to watch the fireworks. That was nice. There was a good breeze, temp was about 83 (at 10:15 pm), and NO MOSQUITOES!!!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie that sounds like a nice evening. What was the occasion for the fireworks, is it summerfest?

Wendy, I think you ought to ask your doctor to just keep the kids there for a bit while you nip out to a few stores.

Beth, have a nice vacation. I don't remember if you said where you all are going . . . but then; I'm a dork.

I have the usual going on today, laundry, cleaning, we do have a showing tomorrow morning, so I have to get the house ready today, and I am way behind on laundry.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, Summerfest came and went already. This weekend is Festa Italiana. They put on a good show every night (Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday) at 10:15. http://www.festaitaliana.com/

For those interested in crock pot recipes....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Operation Write Home

Last edited by LaurieR; 07-17-2010 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
Watercolor Wizard

I am so embarrassed. I forgot to schedule my blog hop posting. I got an email that it wasn't up yet. YIKES!!! I had it saved as a draft instead. I feel so bad about that.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, congrats on the card win..that's fun! Tell the blog hop people you are a dork! LOL! Sorry about that..hate it when stuf flike that happens.

Laurie, a girls night out sounds heavenly. Glad you ahd fun.

Joyce, I've not read back far enough to get the details on dd's school but praying that it all works out. Dh and I were just talking about that this a.m. and how we need to (and should have years ago) start putting $ aside for the boys schooling. We just need to do it. Such a pain and it's unreasonable pricey! It's insane!!!

PS, how are the articles coming along??

Oh, speaking of articles....I just FINISHED MY FIRST CLASS! I'm so excited! What a load off. Now I can R and R on vacation (Gaitlinburg) and slowly get into the 2nd class. It's on Introducing Students with Special needs into your classroom which should be good. I did learn a lot on the reading course so hopefully this one will be good too.

Wendykins, so glad that the floor is finished...that feels nice, ey???

Okay forget what else I read....and I apologize for not reading back those pages. I just can't get it all done!! Laundry and packing is next! Tata girls......

Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I am amazed that you get on here as much as you do, and you're always so good about leaving comments. I've never been to Gatlinburg...how far of a drive is that from you? Sounds like another continent. Are you going to any shows?

We'll be going to Portland and Seattle in a week and I need to get it in gear and plan a little...family outside of Seattle so that should be nice!! I just try to go someplace cool and not humid in the summer. Although we've been to Maui and Kauai in the summer and they're so nice, they get a great ocean breeze!!

DH made it home safely, too bad Asia travel ate up 2 weekends in a row, but we get to go to church tomorrow and relax I hope!! Then next weekend he is taking a fishing trip with his buddies so long overdue for him. Anyone want to come over for a girl's night out?? I should ask a friend, but most of my local friends are hard to do anything with on a weekend.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, yay on the tile!! I am about ready to take some kind of class to learn how to do it...it's so hard to find good help these days. You should take a pic and upload it!!

Laurie, glad you had a fun night out, you need more of those, me thinks!! My idea of a night out is usually a dinner or a movie, but fireworks too...wow!

Lori, hope the shower today was fun and the women liked your diaper cake. I bet you'll be tired with all the driving huh? How fun to go to a baby shower!!

Karen, that is too bad, I did that when I was a sample maker for a challenge on here...I freaked out!! But they were nice about it. Oh well, there are more hops and I'm sure it's ok now...we all do that!!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Found ya!

Orientation was OK, Ash wasn't that into it, but I'm sure she feels it's a waste of time if things don't work out. So we will see. Otherwise went well. I enjoyed the day. And seeing old friends.

Laurie, nitro is very quick acting, but not long lasting. So one every 5 minutes in a crisis is not unheard of as long as the blood pressure is tolerating.

Traci, thank you for the card, I have never seen one of those in person. I can't believe you remembered me saying that.....how long ago.....you amaze me girlfriend!

We just got in from TS3 with the little girls Ash is babysitting, so I'm exhausted. Have a good night. Sorry if I missed anyone, will check in tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Joyce, I didn't know that. She has been sleeping a lot, and the doc is now talking about angina.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Found ya!

Orientation was OK, Ash wasn't that into it, but I'm sure she feels it's a waste of time if things don't work out. So we will see. Otherwise went well. I enjoyed the day. And seeing old friends.

Laurie, nitro is very quick acting, but not long lasting. So one every 5 minutes in a crisis is not unheard of as long as the blood pressure is tolerating.

Traci, thank you for the card, I have never seen one of those in person. I can't believe you remembered me saying that.....how long ago.....you amaze me girlfriend!

We just got in from TS3 with the little girls Ash is babysitting, so I'm exhausted. Have a good night. Sorry if I missed anyone, will check in tomorrow.

Ohh, I want to know what she remembered and I want to see the card!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

How did the girls like the film Joyce? And you had a one day orientation? That's good, ours lasted two days and they wasted a lot of that time.

Busy cleaning . . . we have three showings tomorrow! Two at nine and one at four.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, the card I sent Joyce used the "cracked technique" using the freezer to freeze after applying several coats. I made it using the lilacs and it was purples...I think it is pretty. I made 3 of them , figuring if I'm going to go through the process might as well do a few.

PS, you are going to get so good at cleaning...not that I envy you right now. Good luck with the showings...you sure have a good realtor!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #19
Stazon Splitcoast

Orientation..such fun! I remember those days!

PS, glad you will be having some showings. That's great. Hope one of them bites hook line and sinker.

Well, dh is home and things are in full swing...I missed a few spots cleaning on the carpet, didn't water the grass enough, let the dog pee in the yard where she wasn't supposed to pee, let the boys learn to be sassy mouthed, knocked his miniature gameboard and 'destroyed' his game...gee, it's a wonder we all survived without the man. Who has the frying pan and when is his next trip! lOL! Poor guy. I know he's soooo stinking tired and we have been running full force trying to get ready for vacation but I guess I should have trained the dog and the kids while he was gone rather than getting my class finished! Oh a possitive side, he did come bearing gifts from Italia! Fun soccer shirts for the boys showing off the Italian team, and a cool shirt for me from Venice. Also, a beautiful angel christmas ornament from St. Mark's Basilica in Venice. That one almost got me teary eyed. It was so very thoughtful and I didn't even remind him to look for one cuz I just didn't think of it myself.

Traci, Gaitlinburg is in Tennessee. It's about 6 hours from here I think. It's near Pigeon Forge where Dollywood is. My cousin lives close so my aunt and other cousins are going to my TN cousin's house and we are all meeting up at our campground on Wednesday. That should be fun. There will be 8 more kids added to our 8 plus all the adults. We may try to go tubing down the river and on Tuesday we are going to the Miracle Theatre to see The Miracle which is about the life of Christ. Mom knows some people that sing in the musical...hey the miracle musical...say that 12 times fast! LOL!

Anyway, I'm hoping not to do much other than R and R and enjoy the fam. Well you all be good...I think our cabin has wifi so that's a plus. I can maybe check in sometime.

Hogs and kisses to you all!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Beth, he's home!! Picture Ricky and Lucy..if that helps!! Have fun on your trip and let everyone else do all the work and see how far it gets ya!! Oh, and I knew Gatlingburg was TN...I think I was mixing it up though with Branson, MO. Don't know why, they are both country music meccas I guess. So neat you get to see a show while there.
And that was sweet of him to come home bearing gifts too!!

Our dorky drama...the pizza man came and left...then we get a call from them apologizing saying he parked in the driveway and leaked coolant all over our driveway. So first, DH tries to hose it down, then he tells them to come and fix it...then they call back and he says don't come to fix it...meanwhile I am annoyed...meanwhile we get a free pizza and the driveway will survive. Such a happy ending!!

Night all!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast

i hope that was one really good pizza.

Beth the gifts sound nice, the decompression, not so nice. I hope you have a nice trip though, it sounds like fun! I do remember you mentioning now where you were going, I'm a dork and I forgot.

Well we're done for this evening at least, going to get up early in the morning to finish the laundry and clear up the bedroom. i'm pooped and i think DH is as well. He painted the master bathroom . . . I just never got around to it, although I had spackled. Spackle queen.

I think with three showings we should get some good feedback, i hope?

My mom is trying to make us feel guilty for wanting to move . . . not going to work.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
Duchess of Dork

It is REALLY hard to move when you've been out of town for the day! LOL! Oh, I know, you thought if you did it while I was gone I wouldn't notice, right? You dorks, you didn't finish the last thread. It seems so incomplete without 5000 posts. I might just have to go in there & post some TACKY stuff or something.

Nice baby shower, then thundershowers, so didn't leave Houston til after 6:30, then stopped to eat. Went by my Mom's house where we left our van (she drove) & then home about 11:30 tonight.

So tired. Gotta get ready for bed. Oh, while I was away Phil played Ninja again. As in, he got thrown off his bike, but this time had on more protective gear. No cuts, no breaks, just sore. Going to go have him take a Flexeril. Next weekend is busy so hopefully he won't have time to ride. It'll be my excuse to keep him off that bike. GRRRR!

Night dearies!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #23
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, thanks for the Lucy and Ricky comment, Traci. That helps! LOL! I loved them and boy could they get at each other but they still loved each other. That's great. REmindes me of The Honeymooners....they were funny too.

Lori, so glad the shower went well.....and the thundershowers.....but it sonds like it was a big hit and lots of fun.

Well, we are about ready to load up. Hugs and talk to you all soon.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a great time, Beth!! Will miss you!

Lori, glad you are back and maybe a more settled down week for you with less trips. So what was the verdict on the diaper cake? And I saw on FB that she received some great "mommy items"...like the swing, etc...our kids lived in the swing. I'd put them in now if I thought they'd stay there.

Pizza didn't sit too well in my stomache...woke up with it way off this morning.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #25
Stazon Splitcoast

Must be the morning Traci. I woke up not feeling quite right either. I do feel better now though! Whew! My weekends go by so quickly, I didn't want to spend it feeling icky!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #26
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Morning dorks.

Karen, she remembered I had never seen the crackle technique. Now I have to go and look for the directins because I love it! Of course I bet I will need to buy something to do it. And the card is gorgeous! Let me see if it's in Traci's gallery if not I will post a pic later today.

We are just getting moving today. I was beat after a long day yesterday. And need to go for groceries and such today.

PS, the baby slept throuogh the movie. She started on my lap, but I had to hand her off to Ash half way through. The 8 year old loved it. Then she had a McDonalds strawberry bananna smoothie as a treat. She doesn't like candy so we offered to get her something else and that is what she chose. Wish I didn't like candy!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #27
Stazon Splitcoast

The card was back from July 2008...it's in my gallery:
But you can't see the crackle as well as in person...
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86266
Old 07-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #28
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

I found you guys!

I am working on lists today..... I counted out the days till the wedding. Crossed out the days I work since I can't do much them days. Sunday's I only count as a half day.. 18 days of planning time till the wedding! OMG

We are doing the Unity Sand Ceremony, I found the jars I like and have them all prettied up.

I will get some pics on my blog probably today of stuff I have ready.

I completly redid the Program, and now we've changed where its gonna be.... SO I re-did the programs AGAIN!

I miss you girls, but I keep getting so side tracked and forget where I've been, what I've done.
GEESH I haven't even made a card since April or May!

Oh, I have Charlie mouse living in my house... actually hi whole family I think are here.
Well I had a bowl of cereal and just set my bowl on the counter and went to do something. come back and there is a mouse drinking my milk!
SO I put buttery mashed potatoes on mouse traps!
Sad to say, But Charlies family is arranging funeral services like mad!
Mashed potatoes! Who knew!

No time for catching up, I just hope everyone is well! Now I understand why a bride lets the maid of honor deal with so much crap! Uff da!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #29
Gabfest Goddess

I found you!!

Our company left early because we have storms coming in, so I have a few minutes to pop in! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

I finally got done working for that lady. I swear I never want to see another spread sheet in my entire life!! But the pay was pretty good and I got to do it at home, so I won't complain. Okay maybe just a smidge. LOL!!

We are adjusting to the new puppy, but now Bender has a touch of Kennel Cough. We are watching him closely and dosing him with vitamin c and he is getting hot chicken soup. The vet said both were good for him in proper doses. He is getting better. The vet said he thinks he caught it from us because we all had bronchitis and with the new puppy coming in it could have been either.

My Mom is doing pretty good but looks like she won't be driving any more.Her car bit the dust and she doesn't have the money to get another one. She's also praying about moving out to live near me. Not sure if that is wise right now, but I am patient to wait on God for that decision.

DS2 leaves for college late August if we can find enough financing. He got a scholarship and it is not enough to cover everything, so we are looking for more scholarships and grants and maybe even a loan. Hate to do the last, but we may need to.

DS1 is still jobless but has his ap in at a store where he used to be the Asst. Manager. So we are hopeful. He's still fighting a bit of depression. I guess I would be too after a year without a job.

Anyway, I'll try and catch up over the next few days.

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

My Gallery

My Blog: The Minister's Wife Stamps

The Dorks Frolic In The Dandy Patch
Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #30
Gabfest Goddess

Vikki I sent Charlie up to keep you company. He didn't tell me he was gonna bring his whole family though. I'll have to talk to him when he comes home, IF he ever comes home. Maybe he'll like it at your place and stay. LOL!!

My Gallery

Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #31
Gabfest Goddess

Traci I love the pizza story. Too funny. Hope the pizza was good!

PS any bites on the house yet???

My Gallery

Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast

Too funny, the pizza people keep calling back to make sure they don't need to clean it up. They are being really responsible about it, I sure hope the delivery person doesn't lose his job over it. I mean it's not that big of a deal!!

Hi VJ and Lois!! Glad to see you pop in, especially VJ with the wedding plans...you just don't ever get on SCS anymore, do you? I hope they're going great!

Lois, glad to hear things settled down with your mom and that your son is going to college. Is it near you? And hope your other son does get a job soon...that has to be tough!! Your Scruffy is very cute, what made you decide on 2 dogs?

Well, went to church solo, but a friend came and sat with me. DH will need a couple of days to adjust to the time change. Tummy still not great...how is everyone else?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #33
Watercolor Wizard

Okay, I gotta brag. I saw Peggysue today!!!! We met in Janesville and had lunch. After taking the long about route to the yarn store we found out it was closed and spent our time and money at the Scrapbook super store instead. I am sad to think that this could possibly be the last time I see her. WAAAHHH!!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #34
Watercolor Wizard

Does the pizza delivery boy/pizza place need to join the dork thread??
Old 07-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #35
Watercolor Wizard

Beth, here (Karen stuggles to push the virtual frying pan through her computer monitor and to Beth). Got it?? Sorry, that was just majorly ungrateful on his part.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, did you get any pictures? I'm sure it was lovely...glad you two got together!!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Okay, I gotta brag. I saw Peggysue today!!!! We met in Janesville and had lunch. After taking the long about route to the yarn store we found out it was closed and spent our time and money at the Scrapbook super store instead. I am sad to think that this could possibly be the last time I see her. WAAAHHH!!!!
She left out the bestest part . . . Karen made me one of her famous cheesecakes in a gluten free version!!!! I see a future for her product in the specialty frozen food aisle as celiacs from around the globe clamor for it . . oh, it was sooo good! Oh yes, seeing Karen was nice too!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #38
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen had better crop any photos very carefully to hide any sign of spreading hip disease.

Well we had three showings today and I imagine it will take a while to get feedback. So we've had a lot of tire kickers, no buyers yet.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #39
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Karen had better crop any photos very carefully to hide any sign of spreading hip disease.

Well we had three showings today and I imagine it will take a while to get feedback. So we've had a lot of tire kickers, no buyers yet.
Inflated tummy disease too!

PS, I made my final July project using the tin and paper you gave me. I want to make a matching card, but not tonight. I want to ink up my new whipper snapper stamp.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #40
Stazon Splitcoast

New Whipper Snapper??? What did ya get??? Huh???
Operation Write Home