Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #321
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Grace, good luck with the move and all.

Why is it that when I have something fun planned and I am really happy, someone in my family has to call me and just wreck it all and just carry on just to be sure they REALLY wreck it. Makes me not even want to answer the phone anymore.
That is why I have caller id and don't answer certain calls but were here so vent away!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #322
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
CHA does sound like such fun.

Good news today. The school called and re did our financial aid packet. It looks much better. Now we just need to confirm it will be these figures over the 4 years and not just this year. But so far things are looking up. DH doesn't want her to get there and then have it go back up to 40K a year. Which is a good point. Will have to clarify that one with the lady that called. DD is very happy. I was crying, both tears of joy and going to miss her tons.

Traci, are you home are still traveling?
That is fantastic news!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #323
Gabfest Goddess

PS I wouldn't pack up stuff either the Realtor told us to do that too and I said are you nuts I use this stuff every day and usually keep it picked up and organized. I said I am still living here. Idiots lol

Robyn CHA will be so much fun! I hope you have a great time!!!

Wendy that is exciting about the kids going on the boat, they'll have so much fun!

Leona wow girl you sound busy, good luck with work.

Lori that is sweet of you to help your friend out.

Grace good luck moving!

Traci hope your having a good time, glad the weather is nice.

And that is all I can remember lol so hi to the rest of you!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #324
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
CHA does sound like such fun.

Good news today. The school called and re did our financial aid packet. It looks much better. Now we just need to confirm it will be these figures over the 4 years and not just this year. But so far things are looking up. DH doesn't want her to get there and then have it go back up to 40K a year. Which is a good point. Will have to clarify that one with the lady that called. DD is very happy. I was crying, both tears of joy and going to miss her tons.

Traci, are you home are still traveling?
Joyce, wow, the school really came through for you! Congratulations! That's great!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #325
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies...

Sounds like you are all quite busy lately...

Laurie - I agree abou poopy relatives...just don't answer the phone...eventually they get the message

Karen, PS, Lori, Linda B, Joyce, Beth, Holly, Traci...hope that the summer months are finding you enjoying your activities...vacations, rest, etc.

I am really feeling the after-effects of whopping it up all last week at Convention...back to my snail's pace this week...sorting everything out and trying to keep the house in order...

The temps have not been too bad here this week, which makes it a bit more bearable...low 100's and a little cloudy...which is actually nice...

Hope to chat with you in the AM...nitey night!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #326
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Ladies!

Been up since 4:30, Baby Dew thought I should be up since DH was. Stinker. Woke up with the other 2 kitties cuddled close to me. Charlie sacked out {and streched out} at my feet, Smokey snuggled against my back, I will be glad when his fur grows back out. Was a matted mess so got shaved and long hair kitties just don't look right without all their fur.

Joyce so cool about the financial aid! YAY!

PS, God is moving on your house sale, it is just going to be in His time. He may be moving you closer to Queen Dork, you just don't know it yet. I find it highly ironic that when house shopping, people in general are always looking for the Better Homes & Gardens image in a place. I think there are very few people who live in a home that is a real life magazine photo everyday and you do have to live there. Hope you have a good time at CHA and enjoy yourself. Please trust that everything will work out the best for you. The lessons in patience are always the hardest. Took me close to 23 years to learn that one on moving out of the current place.

LindaM, hope you can rest up from convention. Sounded like a great time.

Lori, glad you are there for your friends.

Traci, glad you are having a good time.

Leona, sounds like you have lots of changes ahead.

Robin, hope you find the door really soon. I am sure it is frustrating.

Hi Holly, Karen, Linda, and all the rest of the lovely dorks whose names escape me at the moment.

Countdown day = 1!

Everyone have a wonderful day... Brain-fryer for me today.... payroll! Getting more and more manipulations on hours to multiple departments on people. UGH... Hope we can find a new time keeping software that will make everything less time consuming for me.
OK, whine over.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:07 AM   #327
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

Grace, I am glad your situation is moving forward. I am sure the moving is no fun but being in a new place will be.

PS, fondle some yarn for me at CHA if you see any!

DH is going to EAA with my brother today. They go every year.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #328
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Hello. just stopping in to say hello quick. Running my virus scan yet again. UGH!!!

My aunt Sandy is coming for the weekend, so I need to get cleaning and laundry done today.

TTYL!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #329
Stazon Splitcoast

<---------is putting 'yarn fondling' on list for CHA. Gotcha covered!

I am only going for a few hours on Friday . . . the temptation to spend, spend, spend would be too great otherwise! But I'm going to enjoy it.

I am going to paint some trim today, wash the walls in littlest DDs room, clean out her closet and drop off some clothing donations. I hope to fit in a haircut some time there too.

I think my painter might have moved, I couldn't get ahold of him this morning, I was going to enlist outside help for the bedrooms. I wish I had Traci's painter nearby, he is very reasonably priced!

Linda, 1oo degrees doesn't sound like a very comfortable temperature!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #330
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce: Great news on the school.

PS: Sorry about your friend moving, but at least in this day and age you can keep in touch a lot easier and faster. I will be arriving at CHA on Friday between 11 and noon (hitching a ride with an SCS friend I haven't met IRL yet. Meeting another SCSer when I get there, this one is buying my extra ticket. I have a Focus Group at 1:30 - 2:30 and the rest of the time I will be walking around eyeing everything I want and can't afford to buy. PM me with your cell * and I can call you when I get there and we can arrange to meet someplace. Sat will be catching the booths I missed on Friday and the Super Crop. Sun I'll be coming home with another SCSer as my ride down was leaving Sat afternoon. I love my SCS friends.

Linda: Happy to hear that Convention was so much fun. I was bummed not to go this year so my trip to CHA in CHI is my consolation.

Karen: Hope your brother and DH have a great time at EAA. I have never been, although my late brother worked the parking for several years with our Explorer Post. He loved airplanes and was trying to get his pilots license.

Everyone have a great day and weekend. I'm off to catch a few more posts then pack up my craft items, sleep and off to CHA.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

What's for supper tonight girls? I'm cooking here at home, and I haven't a clue what to make...I'm leaning towards mexican though...
Operation Write Home
Old 07-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #332
Stazon Splitcoast

Mroning everyone...well, it's almost afternoon!

The boys had a friend sleep over last night so they were up at 6:30.....so I turned on the TV in my room and watched part of The Proposal. I missed the first hour so DVRed it for tomorrow morning! LOL!

Work called me at 8:30 so I HAD to get out of bed! Ha! I have a workshop I hve to go to a few days before school starts.

So, uploaded to my blog a few things I've been working on. Holly, you know those pencil wrappers?? I took that idea and another idea that was for a slide box for 4 votive candles or 4 pencils and made my own box for 8 pencils. The one for 4 just seemed too small. Anyway, a few are on my blog. I'm horrible with dimentions but think I finally have it figured out.

Hopped on the elliptical for 20 and feel like I have a bit more energy. Cleaned the kitchen. I relaly need to mop the floors. Not sure as I have mopped them all month. And, with the dog, they are getting GROSS!

Grace, I'm counting down w/ you!!!

Cha-Cha-CHA!!!! H ope you girls have a fun time. Would be fun to go to.....

Where is Lois??

Leona, so glad you posted a few days ago and I totally forgot to say anything till now. I think my memory stick is a few gigs behind. Back to work in the office....holy moley!!! But, the girls are big enough now it shouldn't be AS bad as with newborns. Have you found childcare???

PS, what did the lady tell you you need to do to get the house ready again? I'm guessing washing walls and painting trim? Ugh.....

Lori, how is K and how was the day yesterday??

Well, I better get inthe shower...I really smell now! LOL! And then fix these boys some lunch. The neighbor boy is still over here. I'm going to have to study after lunch though. I can't wait til lnext summer when I can paper craft and do fun stuff all day long!!!!!

We are going to the children's museum tomorrow w/ my sis and boys so that will be fun. Our pass expires on Saturday so Iwanted to get 1 more trip in before it expires.

I can't believe it's been a year already since I have had NO daycare. I think it will be a year the first week of August sometime. It's been sooo nice!

Well you all have a good rest of the day....today is TH already. I was thinking it was WEd. Weeks go by so fast in the summer.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #333
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
What's for supper tonight girls? I'm cooking here at home, and I haven't a clue what to make...I'm leaning towards mexican though...
Good question!!! LOL! I ahve no idea either. I do have a bunch of pork chops in the freezer that I thought about sticking in the crock pot w/ some mushroom soup and rice.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #334
Watercolor Wizard

I am making Cheeseburger pasta.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #335
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

not a good day ladies - emotional frustrating and upsetting.
I am not going back to the office. To save you time - men are not sympathtic or understand and instead of saying what needs to be said they say everything else to make you more upset.
At least I do not have to expand my wardrobe - jammies work great. (I am being sarcastic)
Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #336
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I'm sorry Leona! Why is it the opposite sex can be suck stinky diaper heads at times? Hugs sweetie! At least you will still be home and in your jammies!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #337
Watercolor Wizard

Leona, want the fryin' pan?
Old 07-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #338
Watercolor Wizard

Just got done with school registration. What a chore!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #339
Stazon Splitcoast

Rylee goes to K4 this year!!! Where is time going?!?!?

Leona, I am sorry DH is being a diaper noggin. I hope it works out for you. HUGS!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #340
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, sorry to hear you're having that difficulty. A nice, cast iron frying pan can work wonders.

I've been painting since I ate breakfast. Yes, you're right Beth, the trim is a big part of it. More decluttering. And forget about skipping any rooms in terms of painting, painting most of them doesn't count, you have to paint all of them. We'll tackle that one room at a time. But I painted and painted and painted trim today.

Going to get Chinese for dinner.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #341
Pearl-ExPert

Evening girls,

Leona, so sorry about the stinkers in the office. Working with men can be a pain and worse than women for some things.

PS, yuck on the painting, I have done so much of it over the years that I don't want to even think about it again.

OK, don't remember what else I read. Waiting for pizza delivery and then gonna crash shortly after, I hope. Not nearly enough sleep in the last couple of days.

TTYL!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #342
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

PS, I'm right with you. We have been painting since yesterday. And only one bathroom and aren't finished yet. We ran out of paint yesterday with most of a wall to do. The found that one coat paint needed 2 coats anyway. So today we finished the lime green and tomorrow have to do the square accents with gloss paint. Never used that but dd wanted to give it a go. She wants to do the big wall with a checker board pattern. We will see how that goes.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #343
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
PS, I'm right with you. We have been painting since yesterday. And only one bathroom and aren't finished yet. We ran out of paint yesterday with most of a wall to do. The found that one coat paint needed 2 coats anyway. So today we finished the lime green and tomorrow have to do the square accents with gloss paint. Never used that but dd wanted to give it a go. She wants to do the big wall with a checker board pattern. We will see how that goes.
Joyce, picked up a tip from a TLC show, Holmes on homes, that the host, Mike Holmes, has primer tinted the same color as the paint and then one coat of paint covers it much easier. This particular show was on re-doing a bathroom.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, how is packing going? How did payroll go today? Was thinking of you!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #345
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm getting high on paint fumes....you poor girls painting. I haven't done that in a year or two and I'm good w/ that! LOL!

Nuttin much new here this evening. Dog is on the c ouch, dh in his spot on the big couch and I get the comfy chair but I may go lay down with the dog so I can stretch out. Boys are in bed, dishwasher is going......I'm ready for bed!

Okey-doke......have a good night everyone.

oh, Laurie, was it tonight that your aunt was coming for dinner? How did that go??

Tomorrow is our children's museum day. Should be fun then we are having some friends over for dinner and games tomorrow....probably be pizza since it's friday, ya know?

Traci, hope you had a good day up north in Seattle. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures and I hope you didn't have to shop! Hehehe.

Oh, I got 2 sections done today for the 2nd class. My neighbor took the boys for a few hours this afternoon and I buzzed out 2 lessons. I'm ready for 4 and it should be easy to type up sometime tomorrow.

Tata!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #346
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Joyce, picked up a tip from a TLC show, Holmes on homes, that the host, Mike Holmes, has primer tinted the same color as the paint and then one coat of paint covers it much easier. This particular show was on re-doing a bathroom.
We were painting for the first time. The house is still entirely anitique white with the exception of DD room, the bathrooms, and the dining room, which we just painted. So no need to primer. So 2 coats of shimmering lime was a must for us. We are quite the amteur painters.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #347
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, she comes into town tomorrow night and leaves Sunday morning. REALLY looking forward to spending time with her!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #348
Hardware Hotshot

PS- I hope those ideas/suggestions will work to help sell your home! And I'm sorry about your BFF moving. I had a spell of good friends moving away.

Joyce- really glad to hear that your DD got some financial aid!

Traci- I hope you enjoy Seattle. If you get a chance, go the fish market. You'll get some interesting pictures.

Beth- I'm gonna go blog hopping this weekend, so I look forward to seeing your entry.

Laurie- Have a great weekend with your aunt.

I made my first meatballs tonite! DH said they were great-bonus! I also made some sauce too.

going on the boat tomorrow.

Our friend the plumber is coming over tomorrow to drop off the toilet and then back on Saturday morning to install it! Yippee!!

Took DD blueberry picking this morning. She did great. We got some super tasty blueberries. I also bought their own grown peaches, strawberries, and corn.

Leona- Sorry to hear about the office! Miss you!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #349
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi ladies...
Had a busy busy day in see Attle. I say that because the first time we came here, Erin was just about 3 years old, and wanted to go see "Attle." She didn't know it was a city, she thought it was someone to go visit.
Yesterday we went to Pike's Place Market (and saw the flying fish, Wendy) but I kinda missed it due to too many people...then walked up to the Space Needle and hit it at the best time ever for pictures, just at sunset and then the twinkling night lights of the city skyline...so pretty!!
Went to dinner before that, then walked up about a mile and went to H&M's whiich was kind of fun...a couple of other stores and a dessert. All in all our excursions are 8 hours of walking and sight seeing.
Today we didn't leave till noon...all of us were sore, who knew Seattle had so many hills??? So today we drove (yay) to the Flight museum where we saw so many cool planes, and got to walk onboard an Air Force One and Concord...
then went to OMSI for a film on The Living Sea...
then a Harbor cruise and dinner. We were going to take a longer cruise to the San Juan Islands, which is gorgeous, but DD was tired of driving.
Got back at 9 and just vegging...

PS, I am interested also in the advice the lady gave you... our neighbor did the same thing, sold her house really fast...and had a lot of work done on it prior to...but I never did know exactly what she had done, she was gone too fast.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, I love homemade meatballs, they are really easy, too!! Add some parmesan for flavor...
Beth that's great progress you're making on your classes!!

Leona, sorry about the change in plans, and hope whomever it is gets a dose of kindness....

and I need to close.
Have a great evening!!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #351
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, painting trimwork...is it wood? I have so much oak that needs work , but not sure I want to attempt to paint it. I keep thinking I need to do something soon, all the windows are drying out. Painting trim sounds so time consuming!!
Lime green, Joyce? Is DD staying home then? Good luck with the checkerboard!!

Grace, enjoy your move, almost there!!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #352
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Well, I am having a harder time getting my hands on a DS than I thought. I've now gone to ebay and I keep getting outbidded. Thank goodness I am trying now and not closer to christmas.

I need to jump on the painting bandwagon, but the bandwagon just may pass me by. We have one wall that Simon used as his personal canvas with a black sharpie. Keep painting, Joyce, PS and get started Traci!

Laurie, enjoy your visit with your aunt! What are your plans?

Wendy, did you get all of the unemployment stuff figured out?

Oh, Laurie, thanks for your sweet card yesterday, you didn't have to do that!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 AM   #353
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies.

Laurie, didn't do any packing last eve. Was too wiped out so will tonight after the closing. Got new furniture that is in storage for the house so only really need to take our bedroom stuff and my craft stuff. Will figure out the kitchen tonight. Since DS is staying here, it will make it easier as I won't have to take all the stuff out of the cabinets and can leave him some things. He also has his stuff that he will be bringing back from the storage unit. I'm sure once I set my mind to do it, it will flow smoothly and once we get the essentials there, I can come back here and pick up the "rats, I forgot that stuff". It will also make it easier to set the new place up.

Well, girls this is my last post for a while, but will be thinking about you all.

TTYL!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 AM   #354
Gabfest Goddess

Morning ladies!

I finished up my blog projects just in time for the hop today. lol Also am giving one of the projects away as Blog Candy too so go check it out if you want I gotta get ready and head out the door, Dr. appointment this morning. Have a great day!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit!

Traci, it sounds like you had a super vacation, that's great!

Grace, good luck moving! I'm so happy or you that you are going to a place that you really like. And you're right, with the way you're doing it, maybe there will be a a wee bit less stress, you don't have to completely clear out the house.

Wendy, blueberry picking sounds like fun! I wonder with the heat we've had if the season is over, I should check.

The tips the lady gave us on the house . . . all just so long, like I said, I filled a legal pad page with things on both sides of the paper. Trim was a big one. We have a storage unit filled but she said still cut way back on what is in the house, more decluttering.

I know I said I painted for ten hours yesterday but I still believe only
God can bring along a buyer for this house, so although I am going to work my way through the list, I'm not going to stress about it. We'll do what we can. And I intend to enjoy CHA this afternoon! Yarn squishing and all!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #356
Stazon Splitcoast

Off to the Children's Museum. I'll ketchup (hehe) later!

Beffers!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 AM   #357
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

hi ladies. i feel better but I am still churning. i need to let it go. i am moving the house around tomorrow - babies are finally going to their bedroom and i am making my own work at home office that is not in the midst of all the activity.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone. Getting the bedroom ready for my aunt to stay tomorrow night. Just putting all clean bedding on, giving it a good dusting and a vacuum job...then put up the baby gate so Ms. Cheyenne doesn't go sleep on the bed.

My first order of new SU colors came today. I have to say....I love the Rich Razzleberry and the Cherry Cobbler is just WOW!!!

Karen, glad you got your happy mail!

Think happy thoughts today! It'll make you smile!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #359
Stazon Splitcoast

Tonight we are going out for a fish fry, and tomorrow we will be at my brother's house all day. He has Rylee and Owen this weekend so we will be playing trains for sure! Talk to you all later. I need a shower before I leave to pick up my aunt.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #360
Stazon Splitcoast

Had fun at the children's museum but now I'm so tired and company comes in an hour and 20 min and the house is a mess! LOL! Took forever to get home due to traffic and a quick stop by joanns (quickest ever I think) and walmart. But, since it's Friday...just hordes of people out and about.

Traci, see Attle...that's sooo cute! Isn't it fun what kids say and we remember.

Blueberries for Sal......ever read that book, Peggysue? it's a good one and one that I'm sure dd would enjoy especially after her fun day picking berries..was that yesterday or today? I'm getting confused.

Can't remember what else I read and now I need to buzz off here and clean up a bit.

Have a good weekend ya'll.