Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #281
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Happy Anniversary Beth!! Sorry you didn't get to celebrate like us women would like, but that is sweet of you to just want him there...that is the best gift isn't it??
Old 07-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #282
Stazon Splitcoast

That beach sounds lovely Traci, and it does sound like overall you are having a good time, that's fabulous!

And Beth, forgot to mention that is a special treat, having Doug at your small group, but I do hope he shows up with a big bouquet of flowers for you this evening!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #283
Stazon Splitcoast

Y ou girls are too sweet. I thought he might get them yesterday but he's really been a sweetie since we've been home. We had a long talk on the phone about small group yesterday and I told him the boys are always so "i don't wanna go' about it and I t hink it's because the don't see him there so they dont' care about going as much. But, las tnight was good for all of us. We go to a different church than this group and sometimes I feel so out of touch with them all. It's our old church so we don't see them on a regular basis except at group and it's easy to feel out of touch. Our current church is starting some new lifegroups and we are wondering if now is a time to make the switch. Dh is so spurradic in attendance due to his work being a complete over take of your life this year..it used to not be that way but I hope his visit last night will draw him back in. Anyway, that was a huge gift to the boys and I. HIs b-day is on the 16th of Aug so we may just do one big night out then to celebrate.

Traci, your vacation sounds lovely. I can't remember if we've been to that beach of not. I don't htink so. We did go to Seaside once (I think it's seaside) and Austoria?? There is a big fort near there that we hiked around and climbed up this big lighthouse in Austoria...anyway, it's such beautiful country out there. We love visiting when we can but it's a stinkin' long way from Indiana! I'm glad you are looking onthe possitive side of things and enjoying time with your dd and hubby!!!

PS, yeah on the house showing. That's great!!!! But bummer on lowering the price. My friend in New Hampshire had to do the same thing. Her hubby got a job in Ohio so they are moving this next month but had to sell their NH home and she said the family got it for a steal. Such a shame but when you have to sell you have to sell. I guess it beats 2house payments. Believe me...we had that for about 6 months and it ain't fun at all!!!

Well, I better get in the shower. I'm taking ourneighbor girl ove rto babysit some friends kids and my friend needs a ride to work so I'm taking her a little bit later.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Traci, I googled it. It's Fort Steven's State park and the Astoria Column is what we hiked up to. You can see where the Columbia meets the ocean...amazing view. Also, a trip up to Mt. St. Helen's is beautiful too. There is quite a lot down there to seee and do....just a beautiful area for sure! And, the beach area we went to was Seaside. It's a quaint little town on the ocean...lots of artsy type shops, etc. We ate at some pancake place that was yummers and Ben was about 2...maybe 18 months....and he tried a lemon for the first time and we have these fun sour faced pics of him. We were just cracking up. Boy, that brings back some fun memories!

Okay, here's a few pics I had to share......Ahhhhh, I wanna go back to those days when the boys were little!!!

The ones of Ben and Ben and I are by this fountain near the Needle...then the one of Sam when he was a baby was when we went up to Butchard Gardens in Canada.
Attached Thumbnails
ben-fountain-needle.jpg   mommy-ben-needle2.jpg   sam-canada-hat2.jpg  

Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #285
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Ladies...

Hope that you are all doing well and enjoying the summer months so far...as am I...

Anyway...I have out of the loop since before my SU Convention, which was this past week...

First...the rod in my master bedroom closet broke and I had to take all of my clothes out and Ken had to fix everything and I put everything back...a few days there...then the A/C went out the night before I left for SLC...oh my

It has been a whirlwind in my life...my sister was visiting and I was with her for a week before too...and Convention activities were non-stop from the time I landed on Tuesday July 20th to arrival at home on Sunday July 25th...

Now...I am trying to play "catch-up" with everything...Life is GOOD!

I am very happy to be able to participate fully (well, almost fully...LOL).

There was no time to check my emails at all...but the good news is that I have all of August to return to my "normal" way of doing things...except that I am so excited about everything that I learned at Convention...

I WON a prize too!!! Can you believe it? One morning I was saying to myself that I was going to "take it easy" and lay low...and then they announced the winning wristband, which was "pink flowers" and I jumped up and got so excited...well, needless to say...I really wanted this new punch that is premiering in the Holiday Mini Catalog and a new beautiful Christmas stamp set, which I will be using for my Christmas cards...

OMG...my little fingers have never typed this much...LOL...

I have a swap to finish up for tonight at my weSTAMP meeting, so I will talk to you guys later...I missed you all

Love & Blessings,

Linda R
Old 07-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #286
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good afternoon, Dorkies!

I got up at about 7 AM to make pancakes and get the boys off to summer school. I stayed for a bit watching them in their Pokemon trainer class. Then I left, grabbed the dog and the stroller (DS3 too, but he was already with me) and walked to the pharmacy and Sentry. Got home and just couldn't believe how hot it is already. I stamped for about 3 minutes before getting up and going to pick up the boys. I watched DS1 play tennis and then went and watched DS2 wrestle. Unfortunately, he was bit on the finger. I took him to the bathroom and washed his finger and put a bandaid on it. After the class the principal of the summer school program came by to talk to both boys and then me. He wanted to reassure me that they don't tolerate this kind of behavior, etc. I appreciated their concern, but wasn't nearly as concerned as they were. When we got home I rinsed his finger with rubbing alcohol and put antibiotic on it. It was a superficial bite. Anyway, the teacher said that Eli has natural talent for wrestling. I will probably look into wrestling for him come fall.

We had lunch and then I will go to the pool. DS2 has a dental appointment at 5 pm for some fillings.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #287
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I am sorry Wendy, hope you get things figured out soon! Although you sound like you are enjoying your time as a stay at home mom.

Did you get that lego thing figured out yet?
I am enjoying it!

And no, i haven't figured out anything with the Legos.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #288
Hardware Hotshot

karen- sounds like you had a busy day today. Glad to hear DS is okay with the bite on the finger. i supposed it could've been more like the boxer who bit off the guy's ear....

Traci- i really hope this trip is rejuvinating in many ways for you.

Beth- We are reading Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas. I have thought of you while reading this. I already have my copy lent out when I am done.

PS- How did the showing go?

Okay- gotta get working on dinner. have cornish game hens in the crockpot- first time. going to try my hand at mashed potatoes again.

then we are going to Home Depot or Lowe's to get some sort of saw for DH to finish cutting the beadboard for the bathroom.

Bye!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #289
Stazon Splitcoast

No idea how the showing went . . . my agent is out of town until tomorrow. Oldest DD and I worked together and she did a FABulous job of cleaning out her brother's room. I guess we'll know something as soon as someone starts jumping up and down wanting to buy the house.

So doggie and I departed for quite a bit of the afternoon. I think we're going to have some beef soup tonight with leftover roast. We have some nice cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden as well. Why is it that even a cucumber, which is little more than water, tastes soooo much better picked from your own garden than bought from the store?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #290
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
No idea how the showing went . . . my agent is out of town until tomorrow. Oldest DD and I worked together and she did a FABulous job of cleaning out her brother's room. I guess we'll know something as soon as someone starts jumping up and down wanting to buy the house.

So doggie and I departed for quite a bit of the afternoon. I think we're going to have some beef soup tonight with leftover roast. We have some nice cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden as well. Why is it that even a cucumber, which is little more than water, tastes soooo much better picked from your own garden than bought from the store?
cause it's the freshest!

We won't start moving stuff in until the weekend as much as I would like to sooner. Need to start packing stuff we are going to take. Didn't want to start until it was for sure. Now that it is this close, will be more motivated. May be out of touch for a while once we are there since I will be getting the place set up & may not have internet. Als the Sunday following the weekend we move in is dd bridal shower there so will be working on final touches for that...

TTYL!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #291
Stazon Splitcoast

Best of luck with that Grace, moving is a huge job!

I don't know what made me think of it, but DH and I watched "Put Down the Duckie" on youtube videos from Sesame Street. Cracks me up. And then I watched Johnny Cash on that show sing "Don't Bring Your Ones to Town."
Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Grace, good luck with the move and all.

Why is it that when I have something fun planned and I am really happy, someone in my family has to call me and just wreck it all and just carry on just to be sure they REALLY wreck it. Makes me not even want to answer the phone anymore.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #293
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Grace, good luck with the move and all.

Why is it that when I have something fun planned and I am really happy, someone in my family has to call me and just wreck it all and just carry on just to be sure they REALLY wreck it. Makes me not even want to answer the phone anymore.
Unfortunately, we don't get to pick our family, we have a MAJOR {no pun intended, Traci} PIA in ours, who delights in making everyone miserable if he can. Remember you choose your friends so we're here when you need to vent.

thanks for all the well wishes. I shudder to think of it since we haven't moved in close to 23 years. YIKES!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #294
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

I still think the kitchen is the worst room to pack when moving. It's a good time to PURGE Grace.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #295
Watercolor Wizard

It is amazing how many kitchen gadgets we have in the kitchen! Yikes! Good luck, Grace!

Laurie, sorry about the poopy diaper head family members. I agree with Grace, you picked us and we are here for you!

Wendy, did everything get worked out with unemployment?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #296
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hey girls, just wanted to say good night.

Will try to catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #297
Hardware Hotshot

Laurie- i think you are onto something... just don't answer the phone and keep that frying pan in one hand when you do.

PS- Freshly grown food is always better I think you can pick it at it's peak. I bought some locally grown corn, tomatoes, and milk on Monday. The milk was definately tastier.

Grace- Good luck with moving! I agree with Laurie, now is the time to purge. of course, it is easier said than done.

ANybody heard from Leona lately?

No news on unemployment. I have to call back on Thursday.

Have a good night. We r watching the last episode of Deadliest Catch! RIP Phil Harris
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #298
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, you crack me up with the Put Down the Duckie. You know I'm going to have to google it and watch it msyelf again. How funny! I was just talking to the boys tonight that I miss watching some of the kid shows wee watched when I ran the daycare and Sesame Street is one of the ones I miss...and The Wonder Pets! LOL! I think they are just SWEET and CUTE!!

Grace, yup, moving is a pain...so are poppy diaper headed family members. Ha! Sorry Laurie about the family mess. I'm glad karen said Poopy Diaper Headed first because that's the first thing I thought when I read Laurie's post!

Karen, glad you had a day with the kids. All the fun w/ summer school...the boys are BUSY, eh?? As are you running here and there! Ha! That's the life of a mom, though. Especially a mom on her day off!

I did redisign one card for my next stamp club tonight. My demo showed it to us a while back and you make this cool pinwheel type flower using the tag punch. My theme for my next club is Bunches of Punches so we will be using lots of punches. Any fun ideas out there??

Watching America's Got Talent.

Wendy, that book looks sooo good. I'll have to check it out. We read his Sacred Marriage book...same author right?? It was excellent so I'm sure this one is excellent too. Thank for thinking of me, sweetie!

Hi Joyce, glad you checked in and hope you had a good day! Can't wait to hear the good news come August!

Lori, that quilt on your blog is stinkin' adorable. I love it!!!! It's soooo cute. I'm sure they loved it for E. You girls did a great job and it's so special that you all three worked on it together. What a treasure!!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #299
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Well, if Joyce has something to tell us but can't until the first of the month, my guess is that she made a design team!!!! I guess I gotta wait to find out if my prediction is correct. Bummer. Laurie, please pass the plate of patience.

Yes, Beth it was an extremely busy day. It was stinkin' hot too. I am getting tired of this high humidity we've been having. I think we've had our air conditioner on for a month straight now.

We have our annual survey at work. They came on Monday. I missed a day due to my day off, DARN! Today they will finish up observations and tomorrow they will leave.

I apologize for not visiting your blogs lately. I seem to have too many things to do in the day and I can't get it all done.

Have a good day, dorkies!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #300
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies.

Glad this week is right in the middle. Watched the re-make of Clash of the Titans last eve on ppv. Much different from the one DH & I went to on one of our first dates. Was ok, lots of good special effects throughout, much different in the story line though. Interestingly different. Gotta plug the laptop back in, battery about gone.

Everyone have a wonderful day! countdown = 2 {i'm not excited, am I??? ROFL}
Old 07-28-2010, 05:10 AM   #301
Gabfest Goddess

Morning boof and run Got lots of jobs today good thing dh is off today I think I am getting sick bleh. Any how have a great day ladies!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-28-2010, 05:11 AM   #302
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Hi Ladies...its been a few weeks since I have been on. Between the kids, work and weekends I have had little time to even think of SCS - bummer!!

I worked in the office all last week and now have been asked to come back. So - we are trying to get everything squared away and then its back to me working on a career again. Camping on the weekends and household projects keep us pretty busy.

I got the studio semi cleaned yesterday - I was looking for the girls school supplies that I already bought (rulers, scissors) that I am not buying again. I now have a bucket of crayons, markers and colored pencils - I guess that is what happens when these girls have accumulated stuff since they could first hold it.

I have to find a way to organize my scraps - I had them separated in file folders but I found that in my closet buried so that was not a working system.

We built a shed at the campsite so now we have less stuff to move each weekened we go there. My garden is overwhelmed with zuchinni and tomatoes. I pulled about 15-20 lbs of potatoes out of the garden, 2 gallons of green beans and a ton of onions. Now that I know what is going to grow and what doesn't I an already excited about next years garden.

I need to get back to work - I hope to stop back in later.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #303
Proud Fan Club Member

Leona, that is awesome. Sounds like your garden is doing very well. Good for you.

Grace, good for you on the move! I'll send you an email as soon as I hear back from Heather. You are very sweet!

PS, how is camp going for the little one? Does she love it? I would go to camp if I could do arts and crafts.

Beth and Karen, you will just have to wait or call me

Linda, hope you are feeling better.

Lois, needs to pop in and update.

Have a great day everyone. Tons to do today. Oh, yesterday went shopping with dd and found dh golf shirts and T shirts on sale at JCPenney for 5 bucks each. I love a good sale, wish I found stuff for me.

Oh, and we use WalMart pharmacy. What a mess they have dh's rx's. Last week they told him his BP med rx expired so they couldn't fill it, but gave him enough for a few days. So monday he went to the dr's for a new rx. (he normally only goes once a year when he has to) then he dropped the rx's off in the afternoon. I went to pick them up yesterday and the girl told me they couldn't fill it because he just got it. Although he only got for 5 days. She had my bp so high by the time I left there. You would swear I was asking for narcotics or something. Jeesh! Anyway got it all figured out I think.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #304
Duchess of Dork

Fly by post! Off to chemo in a bit. L. is already there getting her chemo, but I'll go sit with her & take her home. Her hubby takes her in the morning early then we pick her up (my friend Danette & I). The 3 of us picked up Kathy last night & all went to get a cheap snack & drink. K. looks so cute in her wig. It's on her caring bridge site if you want to see her.

Grace, so glad you get to move! Happy packing!

Leona, so glad you popped in. Big changes ahead for you going back to work. You'll have to tell us where the girls will all go. I guess the 2 big ones will be in school soon.

PS, any bites yet on the house?

Laurie, sorry about p00py family people.

Joyce, sorry about p00py Wal-Mart people.

Hi Holly! Hi Karen! Hi Beth! I saw posts from y'all but no memory stick here. Hi to everyone else, too!

Hugs.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #305
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls...
Lori, Kathy looks great, and you're an angel for taking your friends to chemo treatments!!

Leona, sounds like you are one busy lady, that's great about your garden!
Ours is little stubs that the deer are liking way too much.

Today we are heading north to Seattle, about a 2 1/2 hour drive.
Beth, those pictures are great!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #306
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs to everyone who has relatives that know how to push your buttons. I am recovering from a week of several doing that. Ya got to love them and wouldn't the world be dull if we were all alike?

I am getting ready to leave for CHA in Chicago. Will be there on Friday and Saturday and am so looking forward to it. Saturday, I'll be attending the Super Crop and working on cards..I don't really scrapbook. This will be my last 'good time' for a long time, unless I can find a job soon. I had been saving money to go to the SU Convention, but hadn't saved enough so didn't make it this year, however, there was enough for CHA. Will just keep plugging away and hopefully soon I'll find that door the Lord is holding open for me.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. I'm off to listen to a Webinar on Effective Interviewing and then I have to take my Mom into town to refill her RX's and do a little grocery shopping.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #307
Stazon Splitcoast

Robyn, CHA sounds so fun...I really wanted to go this year, but it conflicted with DH's schedule. Have a great time!!

PS, are you still going? Planning on meeting up with anyone? I keep meaning to ask you that.

Anyway, sorry to not comment on everyone's comments, just know I'm thinking of you and praying when a concern is raised.

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I put a card up there for the TPT but couldn't link it to the "party" here on SCS since it isn't in my gallery. Oh well.

Enjoying our time with just husband and daughter.

Have a great day, gals!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

Robyn, always nice to see you pop in. I'm sure you will ahve a blast at CHA...lucky girl!!

karen, it's hotter than blazes here too. I'm staying insidea s much as I can and it's HOT in here too. I would feel better if I just got in the shower but I keep saying I'm going to work out first. Been working on school stuff then talked to dh an hour over lunch. The boys are at a neighbors playing and I ned to run to SAMS club in a bit for dh. Watering the grass too......the front yard looks rotten...just dead.

Well, I see kids plaing out front. I need to get dressed....sill in jammies so will shower then dress and head to SAMS.

Hope you all have a good day. Traci, enjoy it up north. Truly beautiful.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #309
Hardware Hotshot

hey there! Had an appointment with the outplacement service. That went well.

DD fell asleep in the car and then she woke up when I stopped to drop off some library books. I put her back in her crib, but I hear her up now! Ack!

My MIL/FIL are going to take DS and Dnephew for two nights on their boat. Fun! For them and us!

Made some Cornish Game Hens for dinner last night. Delish! I have some baked oatmeal in the crock pot for the boys to take with them tonight.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

oh, I always forget stuff....

Holly, don't get sick, girl! Stay well.

Lori, enjoy time with K. I'm sure she loves the time w/ you.

Forget what else I was going to say...ha, Lori, I'm w/ya on the no memory stick! LOL!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #311
Hardware Hotshot

Robyn- CHA would be soooo fun!! Have a super duper time!! If I went, I'd have to leave my CC at home and just bring cash.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #312
Proud Fan Club Member

CHA does sound like such fun.

Good news today. The school called and re did our financial aid packet. It looks much better. Now we just need to confirm it will be these figures over the 4 years and not just this year. But so far things are looking up. DH doesn't want her to get there and then have it go back up to 40K a year. Which is a good point. Will have to clarify that one with the lady that called. DD is very happy. I was crying, both tears of joy and going to miss her tons.

Traci, are you home are still traveling?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #313
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, that's wonderful news, Joyce! YIPPY!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #314
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, that is really good news!! I sure do hope it works out for her and all of you. I always say when our kids have success, it is our success too...that is being a family. I am always happy for them when they do well in life!! Sure don't blame you for missing her already though!!

We are here, hee...that's Seattle...that is not Colorado. We will be home on Saturday. So almost a week. At the hotel, so have internet access between trips here and yonder.

And I can say I am thankful that the weather is clear and sunshiney.

Beth, we don't know what we will be doing here this afternoon. Leaving on a ferry tomorrow, so maybe the Space Needle and ??? DD likes to shop...acckkkk...I am tired of shopping!! She's been really good though about it, it's just me and my tired feet.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #315
Stazon Splitcoast

If I went to CHA I'd probably not know where to start. But it would be fun to visit the booths and meet some of my favorite company owners, etc...if I bought stuff, I'd have to start saving now for next year.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #316
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, dinner sounds good...love that crockpot!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #317
Stazon Splitcoast

Robyn I hope I bump into you at CHA.

I am only going on Friday, two days would be too much and I know I'd spend too much. That is exactly what I'm doing Traci, I'm bringing cash and leaving the credit cards at home so I cannot be tempted to go beyond what I decided was a reasonable amount.

Well a friend brought by another friend this morning who has moved three times in her life and each time she has sold a house it sold the . . . day . . . she . . .listed . . . it. So, I have a legal pad paper filled on both sides with her suggestions. Granted, DH is not going to do all of them, but a good majority I think I can do on my own with the girls' helping. That's the tough part, getting the kids to buy in to this.

So I started today after she left and bought more boxes and paint at Home Depot.

And people keep telling me I have to put away alllll my stamping stuff and it just is not going to happen. Alllll that stamping stuff is going to stay right where it is on the counter in the mudroom. I will straighten up the papers and pack up my SU stamp sets that I want to keep but don't use much, but considering the fact it could take 16 months or longer to sell I'm not giving up my happy place for that long.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #318
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and my best friend in the area, my live, flesh and blood friend I've had since the girls were in four year old preschool together is moving to Toronto. Waaaaa. Waaaaa.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #319
Watercolor Wizard

PS, I understand that feeling that you are having over your friend moving away because I have a very good friend who is leaving as soon as she can sell her house. WAAAH! WAAHH!!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #320
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
PS, I understand that feeling that you are having over your friend moving away because I have a very good friend who is leaving as soon as she can sell her house. WAAAH! WAAHH!!
That friend will probably be in her house until she is old and gray with market conditions . . . oh wait, she might already be old and gray! Waaa! Waaaa!