Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #2521
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Holly, I am glad you are standing up for yourself. Sounds like it's on the edge of mental/verbal abuse, and that is WRONG. Been there, done that, and I lived with it for far too long.
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #2522
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
Leona is a little overwhelmed, things are not the way she picture them and she is stressed. She does not want to go into details on here and really isn't ready to. She just sees unpleasant changes in the future and fears the unknown. Keep her in your thoughts.

Also keep her older brother in her thoughts (the one that got custody of her neices children) he is currently in open heart surgery right now.
Ohh Lenoa (((Hugs)))
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #2523
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Holly, I am glad you are standing up for yourself. Sounds like it's on the edge of mental/verbal abuse, and that is WRONG. Been there, done that, and I lived with it for far too long.
Yes it is, I wouldn't normally put up with it but I did since dh's mom lost her sister I know what it's like to loose some one tragically and it's normal to lash out but at a year and half and what was said on Friday I blew a gasket. I think some of it was because I got bad news about my dad this past week. I just had enough of it all and basically my dad is dieing slowly and I just don't need there freaking drama anymore, other things are more important in my life right now. Basically she is mad because I spend so much time with my parents helping them and taking care of dh and me and not her or fixing her problem.

So this weekend we have decided I am not doing stuff with dh's mom and step dad. I feel like a huge load has been lifted off of me. I had to be so on edge and defensive when I was around them it just wasn't pleasant. I'm sure when dh talks to his mom there will be another huge drama incident but oh well tough. Dh probably willn't be spending a hole lot of time with them either.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #2524
Gabfest Goddess

Had a pretty good weekend! Mom came over Sat. we stamped and had fun!! Sunday was cleaning and then the b-day party it was good to spend time with my cousins really helped.

There talking snow tonight for here!!! NOOOO not ready for that! lol Of course who ever is right? lol

Sounds like most of you had a good weekend! Hooray!! I hate to post and run I got so much to catch up on around our house today.

I hope you all have a really good day
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #2525
Stazon Splitcoast

I think there is even a blizzard warning out in North Dakota! How crazy!!!

Holly, I am just so sorry to hear about all of this. Hugs & Love girl!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #2526
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, thanks for that post, I couldn't figure out why I woke with a headache . . .duh, weather system!

And yep, Nov 1oth the EF went down. I can just imagine the waves. I read an article that said the ocean going sailors have no idea how vicious the Great Lakes can be with a strong wind.

Holly, my own mom treats me that way . . . and I put up with it often because she is my mom, but that's one reason why we're moving.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #2527
Stazon Splitcoast

I wonder what the chances are for a seiche, with such strong, steady winds?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #2528
Duchess of Dork

PS, what is a seiche?

Holly, hugs girl!

Laurie, how are you? How's our girl doing? The big black furry one?

Karen, did you see that I was the FIRST to post today---at 12:04 or something! LOL!

Hey Traci! Hi Grace! Hi LInda M who popped in, and Beth who apparently is now an ape according to the avatar! LOL!

Off to co-op. Really heavy heart thinking of Linda. Praying today brings better news.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #2529
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, her ear is looking better. Just a little gunk this morning. More TLC from Mom and she will be just fine. We go in on November 8th for all of her annual shots and stuff. Yeah me, I already have the money put away for it!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #2530
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Hi Ladies...

Gee it is 9am and I am up, showered and dressed...LOL...the painters have been getting here at 7am for the past week, except Sunday, but I couldn't sleep then either.

I feel like it is 1pm...can not wait for things to be back in place...I do not ever remember cleaning like this, ever

Holly - sorry to hear about how mil treats you...better to keep her out of your life

Laurie - prayers for your friends that are facing challenging health issues

Karen - yea on the watermelon yarn...is that green? or the pink/orange?

Lori - glad to hear that Chey is doing well

Beth - are you training to run a marathon? You go girl!!! Run a mile for me, because only if I could, I would...I enjoy walking though

Traci - glad to hear that your parents are puttering along ok...prayers for you dad
and you too

PS - are you moving? Sorry I have been mia...

Yes...it seems as if the dust bunnies are being sucked up by my vacuum which is working much overtime...maybe if I burn it out...we can get a new one...ha!

I have been hanging out in my stamp room and caught up pretty much...have not been caught up since earlier this year...even organized my ribbons yesterday and cleared off my craft desk...found lots of good scraps too!

I love Cherry cobbler, both the paper and the dessert...mmm...

I slipped in the shower the other day while trying to close the window and have a big noggin on my left leg inside the calf...big owie...ouch!

Well, I need to find a new shower curtain for the hall bath...I washed one and some of the valance shredded...so out the door it will go...would really like something in a
Toile pattern...burgundy color combo.

Going to Costco later for a roasted chicken...no cooking tonight!

I made a 1 lb pork loin for Sunday dinner...it is so easy to make...will be making more of them too...came out juicy and tender...I like pork chops, but they come out so dry...

TTYL...ladies...hugs...
Check out Creative Crew Challenges at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ge-forum-f309/
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #2531
Hardware Hotshot

Howdy! How's that for a greeting, Lori?

I hope all you wind/tornado/bad weather peeps stay safe and your homes too! Sounds like a good excuse to stay in and stamp!

Laurie- Glad to hear Chey is doign better.

Holly- I think you have made a smart decision to just stay away for awhile. I think those people are energy suckers b/c they just suck the life away from you.

going to attempt to make chicken pot pie for dinner. was going to have spaghetti/meatballs tonight but we had pasta last night at my IL's so today is ckn pot pie, tomorrow is beef stew, and thursday is biscuits & gravy. Friday is more Italian food as we celebrate my FIL and MIL's b-days.

It's actually decent weather today so I think I will try to stop by the park after school to let the kids get some of the wiggles out.

bye.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #2532
Stazon Splitcoast

Down by Racine (kinda between Peggysue and I) there was a possible tornado...took a barn right off it's foundation!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #2533
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Two nights in a row of crazy winds, they make you feel like you're losing your mind! I let Copper out this morning and saw our deck furniture was halfway down the deck from the side of the house, I think ours was up to 50plus mph...
So glad it died down by 9 and was able to go to Bible study...I've missed so much and feel bad about that. But it was good to go and everyone is always so friendly, makes me happy to go!!

Wendy, that is my repertoire of recipes too, I need to make a meal Thursday for one of the new moms in my Moms4Moms, it will most likely be beef stew. I made it at my parents and froze it all for them, so maybe this time I'll make an extra large batch so I can have some...it looked so good!

I have heard the song the Edward Fitzgerald but didn't know where or when it took place, that's interesting!!

Lori, have you tried calling your friend, Linda, today or yesterday since co-op is today?

I feel badly to hear how some of your family members treat you...and being the one who always wanted to fix relationships for everyone, I have resigned myself to not trying...but I just try to hand it over to God and pray and not judge others as much. I know that as you age you sometimes start to feel lonely and like no one else cares...I hear that from my Dad sometimes, not that he is mean but he just feels left out of our lives. But then I feel like he hasn't ever called or tried to visit over the years, so maybe I'm not as sympathetic as I could be. I just don't want to hold any grudges at this stage of life, I want God to heal those relationships and feel I need to try to do my part.

Linda...Oh, I can sympathize with you over your house, I'm sure Peggysue can too with all the painting they've done. It has to go through that stage of mess to get pretty again, destruction before construction, I guess!! Red toile sounds lovely!!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #2534
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

afternoon ladies - my brothers surgery went well yesterday - if all goes well he will be home by Friday. Thanks for ALL of the good thoughts - I appreciate them.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #2535
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Lori, a seiche is a sunami that is cause by a shift in the earth under a lake. Ok, so those are my words and not a dictionary, but the best I can do.....

Holly, I'm so sorry, but have to tell ya, I've been there done that and haven't spoke or seen the il's in over 4 years now.

Glad surgery went well Leona. Praying for all of you.

Ashlyn is having a hard time with a few classes. She has asked for help so I hope that will help. But going to a very small HS doesn't prepare you for college size classes.

If anyone finds my mojo could you send it back, I'm missing it
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #2536
Stazon Splitcoast

That can be one cause Joyce, another is when the wind blows continuously over a body of water like Lake Michigan, think of it as being a big bowl . . . the wind pushes the water ahead of it and it is too strong for all of the water to return. Then when the wind ceases, all of a sudden that extra water on the other side of the lake slides back in a rush, created a huge swell of water or mini-tsunami in effect, on the other side. Several fishermen sitting on a dock lost their lives in Chicago . . . can't remember what year, when there was a seiche caused by persistent strong winds.

Traci, I know you like to fix relationships. Glad you're having a good time at bible study too.

Joyce, once I find my mojo I'll look for yours. Maybe they're hiding in the same place? Everything I make today just looks ugly to me, I don't know why. Feel like tossing everything.

Going to take littlest DD to the library to find a movie, its too windy to play outside and it keeps looking like it will rain, but then it doesn't.

Lindam, yes painters at 7 a.m.? Double yuck! I hate having strangers in the house and I hate it when they come that early.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #2537
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Let me know if this sentence sounds like I am speaking it in a foreign language:
"Pick up this room!"
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #2538
Gabfest Goddess

Holy COWS Batman is it windy here!! Like Tornado windy how scary!! I hope everyone else is safe. Been a pretty productive day here. Yeah I needed it to be. I forgot to tell you all we had 2 friends die over the weekend. One was not surprise he had cancer bad and the other was a complete surprise were not sure why they found him dead in his home. So I got the cards made for the families.

Thanks ladies for the hugs. It's been a rough year with them. We pretty much decided it was the best since I was so upset Friday I had chest pains I scared my parents and dh. I never had that happen before so kind scary.

PS I hope your headache goes away.

Joyce sorry your mojo is missing hope Ashlyn gets the help she needs.

Wendy supper sounds yummy I want warm stew bad but not sure what I'll make tonight.

what else was this dork gonna say??huh huh
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #2539
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Let me know if this sentence sounds like I am speaking it in a foreign language:
"Pick up this room!"
Queenny!! Well yes, yes it is not sure what you mean by that. bawawawa I take it the boys are not doing that?
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #2540
Gabfest Goddess

Leona I am so glad your brothers surgery went well I hope he does good so he can come home ((hugs)) I am thinking of you.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #2541
Stazon Splitcoast

Plukk opp dette rommet!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2542
Stazon Splitcoast

التقاط هذه الغرفه!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #2543
Stazon Splitcoast

Pick aan hierdie kamer!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #2544
Stazon Splitcoast

Pegue este quarto!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #2545
Stazon Splitcoast

Wait! This might be the one you want Karen!

Raccogliere questa stanza!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #2546
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm laughing over your posts...our girls didn't understand either. They would always sing the "Cinderella" song. They seem to manage okay now, though.
Speaking of clean, I think I need some help. With my back troubles, just can't seem to get it done and the dust is collecting everywhere, the floors haven't been mopped in ages and I get tired just looking at it!
Our winds blew most of the leaves off the trees...and the news said the passes I go over to my parents have been nasty the past two days, so I'm sure glad I went when I did!! They will close the pass tonight to try to clear it, starting at 1:00 a.m. I'm not ready for Fall to be over, please please, let winter wait awhile!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #2547
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Joyce & PS, I think your mojo is with mine in either Tahiti or the Bahamas flirting with a cabana boy while sitting in a beach chair sipping a maitai, watching a gorgeous sunset and listening to the soft soothing sound of the surf.
That has to be the reason it was a real struggle for me to get my last card for Fresh Brewed Designs done for this week's challenge. My DT term is over at the end of this month and there will be a call starting tomorrow if anyone is interested. I will have a post on my blog with the details. Anyway, I love all the languages for clean this room... a very foreign concept to children.

TTYL... gotta look at the new 401(k) stuff for work. Due back in on Friday and I need to decide how I'm gonna allocate all my stuff with this company from the old plan. UGH!!!! I don't wanna think like that tonight.

Leona, glad you brother came through the surgery ok.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #2548
Watercolor Wizard

I volunteer to go get everyone's mojo!!!!

Leona, Whew!

Grace, My DT is up too. I dunno if we get asked back, get an option or she automatically clears the slate.

Traci, remember in 2 years it won't matter if your dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning got done this month.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #2549
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah, thanks Karen! I needed to hear that...

It seems your DT's went fast...did you like yours Karen and Grace?
So many of them I see now are for digitals and I can't handle those.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #2550
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
"Pick up this room!"
I got it Mom!!! I'm sorry. I know my craft room/office is a disaster....
Operation Write Home
Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #2551
Watercolor Wizard

Yes, Traci, once I got into the swing of things I liked it. It seemed overwhelming at first, but then I got into a routine. I also don't like the digital images, but I guess that is the new fad.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #2552
Watercolor Wizard

Laurie Ann! I said NOW!

I have no idea if you middle name is Ann, but it goes well with Laurie.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #2553
Stazon Splitcoast

Marie
Operation Write Home
Old 10-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #2554
Pearl-ExPert

Traci, once things in my life settled down, I did. I can apply for the team again with tomorrow's call but am not going to. There will be another in 6 months that I may consider. I love using the digis because they are easier to resize for different cards, but I love the rubber/clear ones too, depends on my mood.

need to hit the hay, i'm typing funny and keep hitting the backspace to correct the ytops {typos}. Night girls. Karen, knock yourself out, hope you find all the missing mojo!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #2555
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all,

A busy day at school with the kids, then with the boys at home, then with the hubby at home who thinks I speak a different language like Karen's kids. Some days we just are NOT on the same wave length. So, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus reigns again! LOL!

Karen and Peggysue you were cracking me up about the languages. Too funny.

Holly, sometimes people are not even worth being around. Glad you made the decision that is best for you guys.

Lori, praying or your friend and I'm so glad you explained again cuz I did tink it was Kathy rather than LInda.

We did end up getting nasty winds this a.m. abou t10:15. Was bad. Lots of branches and a few trees down in yards on my way home. We have 2 dead trees in our yard and they got snapped pretty good. Not totally down...but about 1/3 or more was broken off by the strong winds. They are both birch treese...we just didn't have any luck this year. We didn't plant flowers around the bse of the trees so I'm sure the lack of water that they usually get from the flower beds put them in shock or something and they both died.

Holly, sorry about your 2 friends that passed. That's so scary and sad. Our lives are but a flicker, aren't they?

Traci, glad you made it home when ou did...I can't believe they are talking snow already.

PS and Joyce, thanks for explaining about whatever you called it weather pattern across the lake. I hadn't heard of it before either.

Forget what else I was going to say.

But, I'm about to get to bed....night!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #2556
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I volunteer to go get everyone's mojo!!!!

Leona, Whew!

Grace, My DT is up too. I dunno if we get asked back, get an option or she automatically clears the slate.

Traci, remember in 2 years it won't matter if your dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning got done this month.
But two entire years without dusting, mopping, vacuuming, or cleaning sure would matter . . .
Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #2557
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Marie
Really? You get the prize for NOT being a Laurie Ann...Lori Ann...Laurie Anne...Lorianne....! Mom's middle name is Marie & we gave Natalie that middle name. I love it!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #2558
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Laurie Ann! I said NOW!

I have no idea if you middle name is Ann, but it goes well with Laurie.
I'm Lori Anne. What's your middle name?

In college (before computers, when it was all on paper), at registration, I'd get in line for my department. Name? Lori Smith. Middle name? Anne. Is it L-a-u-r-i-e or L-o-r-i? Ann? Um, what's your social?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #2559
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Hey all,

A busy day at school with the kids, then with the boys at home, then with the hubby at home who thinks I speak a different language like Karen's kids. Some days we just are NOT on the same wave length. So, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus reigns again! LOL!

Karen and Peggysue you were cracking me up about the languages. Too funny.

Holly, sometimes people are not even worth being around. Glad you made the decision that is best for you guys.

Lori, praying or your friend and I'm so glad you explained again cuz I did tink it was Kathy rather than LInda.

We did end up getting nasty winds this a.m. abou t10:15. Was bad. Lots of branches and a few trees down in yards on my way home. We have 2 dead trees in our yard and they got snapped pretty good. Not totally down...but about 1/3 or more was broken off by the strong winds. They are both birch treese...we just didn't have any luck this year. We didn't plant flowers around the bse of the trees so I'm sure the lack of water that they usually get from the flower beds put them in shock or something and they both died.

Holly, sorry about your 2 friends that passed. That's so scary and sad. Our lives are but a flicker, aren't they?

Traci, glad you made it home when ou did...I can't believe they are talking snow already.

PS and Joyce, thanks for explaining about whatever you called it weather pattern across the lake. I hadn't heard of it before either.

Forget what else I was going to say.

But, I'm about to get to bed....night!
Beth, thanks for praying. YOu can pray for Kathy, too! She knows all us dorks. She likes to keep up with us even if she doesn't post.

Please do keep praying for Linda. Will post about that in a minute.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #2560
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
But two entire years without dusting, mopping, vacuuming, or cleaning sure would matter . . .
I dunno. It's working for me so far.

JK! It's only been a year 1/2 b/c we moved a year ago. ha ha!