Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Someone PLEASE stop the rain. I'm not flooded at all, but know plenty who are.
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

We haven't had rain, its either gone south or north of us. I didn't know you had flooding up there.

Lori, your niece looks like a real hoot!

Wendy, now that you're home and busy with legos we expect to see a photo of something like this soon
Attached Thumbnails
10189-0000-xx-12-1.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

North side of Milwaukee got 7 inches in less than 4 hours. The airport is closed. There is a huge sink hole that swallowed an Escalade and stop light. 700+ homes have reported basement flooding (raw sewer & water), numerous funnel clouds, cars stalled on freeways, and two women struck by lightening. Yah, it wasn't a fun night in Milwaukee last night.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #204
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Good morning dorks. I polished my floors and now i'm exhausted already and it's only 11am. Ugh!

My plan for the afternoon is to put the finishing touches on a few calls and then just relax. DH is golfing and dd is babysitting tomorrow so I'll be playing in the studio all day.

Traci, is the yard all finished?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Morning girls!

A lot of news already on here today!
My plan is to shop for clothes for our trip. I am one of those rare females who don't like to shop, but I need some things. I don't mind shopping, just not for clothes...or groceries.

Joyce, yes, the landscaping and the stone walk and porch are done. I have thought about getting pictures, but decided to wait for the plants to fill in, as they are a little small when they first go in. Hopefully in a month there will still be something blooming. I love the walk and the porch, the boulders, I just miss my tree. We have a tiny one now.

I never did like Legos, but I bought a lot for my nephews. Our girls didn't get into them at all. Good luck with storing them, Wendy!!

Lori, I tend to agree with your niece. A house full of toys don't do a lot for a decorated room. But it is a stage of life you go through, and as long as you have storage, you can still have a pretty home. When I went to visit my friend in Texas, she had 2 grandaughters, 3 and 6. We went to her son's home and it was beautiful!! Our family room always was full of toys (on open shelves)...and she had managed to make at least 1-2 rooms toy-free and it was so much more relaxing. She also had decorated the girls' rooms really nice by making their curtains and bedspreads...they were so pretty!! So I understand where your niece is coming from. It is the decorator in her.
So nice you have a new friend in the other Aunt!! And have a lot of fun at Bethany's party!!

PS, you are a wonderful daughter to your mom...I hope you enjoy your shopping and errands today!! Any fun plans for the weekend?

Karen, what do you do too? I missed what I do!! HOw did the program go last night?

Grace, I am so grateful you get to move whether the house has sold or not. Like PS, I hope it gives you much more peace of mind!! I don't wear makeup unless I go out. But my routine is pretty fast, it takes me 10 minutes to put on my makeup.

Anyone else attempt any of the dirty girl challenges? Today is the last day they are posted. I've done 6, but only made 2 cards this week. It was fun!!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, that is sad about the two women hit by lightning. I had the electric current from a nearby lightning bolt come through something I was holding while walking. It sent me to the ground hard and split open my jeans on the knees and cut my knees. I think I was very fortunate. I got up and ran home as fast as I could. That was in high school. Lightning is so dangerous to be out in!!

Hope your home stays clear of the flooding...are you near that area?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie:

My sister (who is visiting this week from CO), and I went up to Beaver Dam yesterday and we were stormed chased all the way home. Strange feeling to look where I was driving and see nice daylight, etc. and then look in the rear view mirror and see nothing but BLACK sky. The Tornado Watches were behind us all the way home. Several sightings were reported by storm chasers and police.

We made it home, unpacked the car and got in the house just before it rained hard. Luckily our area did not get the flooded streets...not sure about the farmer's fields. Checked in with my brother in Waukesha this morning and he said they were fine...no Lake Wabash this time. They live on Wabash Avenue and it has been flooded several times in the last couple years. My oldest niece lives across the street and the water has been almost up to my brothers knees when they waded across.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

We didn't have flooding, but some very dear friends of mine live on the north side of Milwaukee, and I am still waiting to hear if they are ok.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #209
Hardware Hotshot

Laurie- I'm glad you are okay and I hope your friends are too! Rain, rain go away, come again other day!

PS- hope you have fun on your shopping trip

Traci/Lori- we are slowly working on two toy free rooms. The kitchen doesn't store any toys, but there is toys in it during the day. We'd like living room toy free, and I've cut down the number of toys, but until the kids room get cleaned out, there isn't much room for them in their respective bedrooms.

Traci- hope you get some nice outfits for your trip!

Joyce- hope you get some rest and have fun in your studio.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #210
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Got the emg done but won't know results until the middle of next week at the earliest. Not going to borrow trouble about it so will just not think about it until I have information.

Read back and now can't remember a thing. UGH!

TTYL!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Heard from two of my friends. One has raw sewage in her parents basement. Everything must go. The other has lost carpeting, paneling, drywall, toys, etc. Very frustrating, and they call for more storms and rain tonight.

Got rid of one virus only to get hacked again by another. Someone is a real creep!

Hope you all have a good night. I am off to print instructions on how to get rid of this one.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #212
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, so sorry to hear of your friend's woes...that would be so awful to have sewage in your basement!! Hope your virus gets fixed!

Shopping went well, bought 3 shirts and one pair of capris, didn't try them on and they fit pretty well. As long as I don't put anything in the dryer and wear (*)(*)-smashing bras. I am borrowing Lori's little icons here.

I wanted to get my 18 mos. old nephew something, but I didn't find anything that I could pack and wouldn't take up much room, so maybe will look for that when I am there. Any ideas??

Grace, don't know what an emg is...but good not to borrow trouble!!

Wendy, you sound like you have everything in order...I am excited about your bathroom too!! I love wainscoting in a bathroom. Good for you for reigning in the toy monster!!

And that's all she wrote...for now.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #213
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default OMG Lois!

This is so beautiful, I can't thank you enough!

I'm sorry my picture doesn't do it justice!!!!

Last edited by vikkijo; 12-13-2010 at 07:32 AM..
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #214
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Hey all! I left work at noon and went for a swim and made my 3rd cheesecake for the week. I can't believe I am saying this, but that's just obscene!! This is for the visit to MIL's.

I am tired. Going to go to bed.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #215
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Laurie its awful to read of the destruction to those people's homes . . . and the smell! Ugh! I sure hope they get a lot of help cleaning up.

Karen, third cheesecake, yum . . . I have my slices in the freezer. Had one yesterday. Probably will have one tomorrow!

Good for you for going for a swim. I am taking littlest to the YMCA to try to teach her to swim, individual or one on one instruction is helping a lot. I also found, funny enough, that she does better on her floating when I take her to the deeper end of the pool. Its just deep enough that she cannot put her feet on the bottom and she does much better there than on the end that is only two feet deep.

18 month old nephew . . . I can't think of anything that age would like that wouldn't take up a lot of room, but I think they like to bang on things and stuff that makes noise . . . remember those little plastic benches with the knobs you'd hit with a hammer and then you could flip it over and hit them again? I bet he'd like something like that. Or a big truck.

And that's fascinating, although scary, that you came that close to a lightning scare.

Well, I finished my post for Sunday. That's the only stamping I've done all week, but I really hope to get inky this weekend, or at the very latest, Monday. KAren, I owe you some images, I want to get those in the mail at the very least.

Grace, when you're in your new place we want pictures!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #216
Duchess of Dork

Quick pop -in. I have thrush. NO fun. From all the augmentin I'm sure. Sounds like some of you are getting quite the storms. So sorry to hear that.

My niece's house is a 2 br so it's a situation where either you keep the baby in the bedroom all day or you have baby gear in the living room. In our old house we had no choice but to have toys in the LR. Now the girls keep their "toys" upstairs or in boxes---ideally. Of course, with us, we are messy so it's a struggle, but we are working on it. I always knew the older they got the smaller the toys & type of toys. Now they are into computer games & crafting. WE finally got the entertainment center cabinets cleared out enough to put games into them! YEA! It's just odds & ends now. Yes, my niece is the one who repainted her bedroom yearly it seemed like when she was at home. She also helped us reorganize our living room one time in our old house. She definitely has the knack for that. Not I said the fly!

Gotta get to bed & get up early as Bethany is getting her hair cut tomorrow. She hasn't had a hair cut in probably over a year. Yes, it was her b-day last year. She's ready.

TTYL!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #217
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Laurie, so sorry to hear of your friend's woes...that would be so awful to have sewage in your basement!! Hope your virus gets fixed!

Shopping went well, bought 3 shirts and one pair of capris, didn't try them on and they fit pretty well. As long as I don't put anything in the dryer and wear (*)(*)-smashing bras. I am borrowing Lori's little icons here.

I wanted to get my 18 mos. old nephew something, but I didn't find anything that I could pack and wouldn't take up much room, so maybe will look for that when I am there. Any ideas??

Grace, don't know what an emg is...but good not to borrow trouble!!

Wendy, you sound like you have everything in order...I am excited about your bathroom too!! I love wainscoting in a bathroom. Good for you for reigning in the toy monster!!

And that's all she wrote...for now.
I borrowed my (*)(*) from someone. I mean the icons, not the real ones! LOL! Some say theirs are more like (.)(.)

I agree with PS that at that age things just are large, it seems, or noisy. My Bro/SIL always gave our girls noise making toys when they were little. THey found it amusing since they had teens at the time& there could b no retribution. I'm considering at some point finding some toys that must LIVE at G-paw's house. That's his name for the grand girls: G-paw. And SIL is Gigi. Only small non-noisy things would be clothes or a board book. Or a book that has touchy-feelies in it, like Pat the Bunny. Did you know there was a video made from Pat the Bunny? We got it at the library monthly when Natalie was little. She loved it. Pat the bunny, pat, pat the bunny. Pat the bunny with the soft, soft fur. I think even boys like that kind of stuff at that age. Boys don't like getting clothes at any age. LOL! I read that in a book somewhere. It also said at some ages girls get excited if you just give them a BOX from a clothing store.

Gotta shower & get to bed for real. Hugs!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Ladies.

Traci, an emg is a test using mild electrical current to test nerve conductivity. I had it done about 20 years or so ago when I had carpal tunnel. Dr. said there is a 10% chance of getting it again even after having the surgery to "fix" it. Mostly caused by repetitive wrist motions.

Laurie, sorry about all the flooding. Would love to get some of the rain here and some cooler temps. Upper 90's today with another super high heat index. UGH!

PS, hope you find someone to buy your house soon.

I will send pics of the new place soon. Have a few of the exterior but am going over this am so will take some of the interior too. We are soo excited to be this close to getting into the new house. We both just love the place!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12 AM   #219
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Grace, yuck, I hope you don't need another surgery. The good thing is recover now is only a few days with the new laproscopic surgery. I know some folks that have had it and did very well.

Traci, yeah for the shopping. I could never buy something without trying it on.

Cheese cake sounds good. Should have picked up stuff to make one. We may be going to a picnic tonight and need to make something today.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #220
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Joyce, I am hoping not either. Will just have to wait & see. Got enough other schtuff to keep my mind otherwise occupied, I think. LOL...
Old 07-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #221
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

BIG thunder last night. The boom lasted for more than 10 or 15 seconds. I couldn't say exactly because it was the middle of the night, but it was loud and long.

The dog is following me everywhere today. Yesterday when we stopped at McD's on our way up to MIL we chained her to the back of the car (near grass) and she barked and barked. I went outside to keep her company while Joel watched the boys at the play land. She was so excited to see me. She even came when I called her. So far in MIL house she has been following me everywhere and I mean everywhere! She's been coming into the bathroom with me.

Traci, I think your best bet is $$ for college for the little tyke. He won't understand the whole gift thing and parents appreciate the gesture. If you feel he has to unwrap something a board book is a good idea. Simon still loves the ones that are Seek and Slide. Instead of lift the flap, they slide. He hasn't found a way to disassemble it yet.
Take a look:Amazon.com: Seek and Slide In the Desert (9781582096513): Books…

PS, no rush on the images. Glad you like the cheesecake.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi dorkies!

We are home and I can finally type on my normal computer. Yeah......!! Laundry is going, and we are just trying to get things back tonormal.

Ps, hope you got the article fnished up with dd outta the house. Any nibbles on showings for the house since you last posted??

Vikki...the clipboard is adorable! How sweet!

Laurie...virus gone? I hope so and darn those storms. We didnt get any rain while we were gone it seems...I guess some drizzles last night but the forecast is calling for t-storms later this afternoon...so we'll see.

LindaB...glad you are feeling better and all but bummer that the shoulder is still giving you fits. Not fun.

Wendy...legos...we have the same issue. First off we tried to keep the parts in zpilocks bags back in the box so all the parts for said set were all together. But, then they wanted this guy from that set and this piced from that other set and we finally just dumped them in some plastic bins. But, now they have so many that they can't sort through them w/out dumping the entire tub out making a huge huge mess. I know one family has a toy shelf thingy with those colored tubs. They sort them all by colors that match the tubs. Another friend of ours gets fishing tackel boxes with all the compartments and drawers and that's what they use.

Lori....what a weekend with all the parties and your niece is adorable! How fun.

Grace...good news on the house...is that what I read?? I know I have missed pages but think I read something along those lines.

Joyce, have fun kyacking today...I would not be able to do that...I would be floating upside down for sure.

Well, we had a great time on vacation. Went to a Yogi Bear Jellystone campground that is so nice. The people that own it are christians and had a mission youth group doing small VBS t ype lessons each day. The boys joined in on one day but we were so busy the other days. There were two creeks/streams that we could not keep the boys out of but it was so fun for them. They were very shallow...maybe a foot in the deep spot but they caught crawdads, built dams, skipped rocks, made boats out of foam (at the VBS thing) and floated them down river. Was really fun. Sam lost a flip flop because we didn't have any water shoes for them. My nephew lost one too. LOL!

We hiked, we fixed food at the tent site...we had a cabin w/ a 1/2 bath and kitchen sink but the rest were at tent sites so we cooked there and hung out there. We swam and played cards around the lantern. We drove in to Pigeon Forge twice....went to The Miracle play (about Jesus and his life...was EXCELLENT) The Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge TN and a 2nd time to play Hillbilly golf (putt-putting down a huge big hil...fun, fun) and the boys went go-carting while my SIL and niece went to the outlet malls. The other group with smaller kids wh were to little to go-cart, went to the Ripley's acquarium and they said it was amazing! One of the best they had been to. So, we had fun.

Anyway, it's nice to be home and nice to have the weekend to recover! LOL!

Well, I think that's it from me for now.....oh Traci, what do you hear from dh...isn't he fishing this week??

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #223
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you had a great time Beth! Glad you are home safe & sound!

Virus appears to be gone, but I've been hacked into twice this week....
Operation Write Home
Old 07-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #224
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Yes Beth, Lois did such an amazing job on it, I hate to put the Guest book on it!
I've cute the pages up a bit to fit in the open area, but forgot to leave a spot for them to go under the clip! DORK!

Kids under 2 I always do a new blanket or clothes.. No noise or space taken up.
I avoid toys.. I think kids get too many of them anyhow.
Although when Joe DS1 turned 2 we got him a Velcro target and ball set. We had more fun tossing the balls and making them stick on his back.

I do remember that bench you pound on..
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

My brother had one of those benches! I remember them too! Wow!

I need to work on some cards tomorrow. Taking a break from Christmas cards for a couple of weeks. I am back on track with them though! Whew! I was nervous to be so far behind!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, you are so good to get started on your chirstmas cards. Good for you. I have some that if I don't sell, will use. I need to make more, that's for sure. I have a big event in October that I need to make things for......anyway....

3 loads of laundry done...2 in, and probably 3 still on the floor. Evenrtying gets so dirty when you camp.

Just got out of the shower.....need to fix lunch I suppose. I guess it's Ramen noodles...cheap and the boys LOVE it.

Vikki, that does really sound neat for a guest book.

Yeah, we are out of the toy thing w/ the boys. Now they want Wii games...still some legos now and then...Sam still likes the toys, Ben not so much cept his legos and green plastic army guys. LOL! I think all boys, big and small, always love those.

Oh, my dork moment that I wanted to take a pic of. We passed this cross out in the boonies that said (why do I always type sayd??) Risen across the cross beam, then down the vertical beam they took the S from Risen and made the word Savior.....

So it looked like this

R I S E N
A
V
I
O
R
(when I post tis it moves the AVIOR over to the R but pretend it's under the S making a cross w/ the words)

And, I read it Risen Avior and said out lound..what does that mean? Doug and my sis in law just cracked up. The way they did the sign it just looked wierd and I certainly did not get Risen Savior out of it the first time....dork! I realy wanted to take a pic of it but we passed it going the wrong way and we didn't want to turn around. LOL!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #227
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!
Thanks for the ideas for my nephew. I am not going to take anything with me, I just don't think I'll have extra room in my suitcase, nor a lot of time right now to shop for him. I am sure there will be stores there to pick something up.

A lot of unexpected in my day so everything is taking longer than I thought. Always happens, DD had to come get the boat and needed my help to get it hooked up...other DD had to come by to pick up something...taking dog to kennel...and don't ask me how but I ended up at a scrapbooking store. Not smart.

So now I am off to actually pack and get ready for this trip.

Beth, I am so glad you got a cabin...and so glad to see you home safe and sound. Your trip sounds great, lots of fun and memories...huh? I wouldn't have gotten that sign either.

Lois, that's a nice clipboard/gift for VJ!!

OK...will check in tonight.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci that made me laugh, 'somehow' you wound up at a scrapbooking store. How do those things happen?

We had a sudden call for a house showing today so we were scrambling around like nuts cleaning and moving some more stuff. We have the file cabinet moved out of littlest DDs room now and into the garage so it has more space, and the older two girls took down the bunk bed in their room and we moved it over to storage.

We just got back home. No nibbles on the house yet. And as far as I know that's the only showing we have scheduled this weekend.

No time to stamp again, go figure, but I think if I slip downstairs now I might get some time in.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Shoot totally forgot to comment on your vacation Beth, it sounds like fun. I'm so glad you had a good time.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, fill me in on where you are going?? I think I have totally forgotten. Is your hubby off fishing?? I think I'm a week behind! LOL!

PS, glad you had a showing this afternoon....hey, it's at least a showing and who knows!

I'm tired...we have done nothing but watch TV and do laundry today. Sam is about to fall asleep on the dog on the couch. We are just all tired. Doug and Ben are playing some newe race car board game. I'm STILL doinglaundry. I'm down to one pile of lights on the floor!

Our house is HOT. Dh thinks the air is not working right. I would agree at this point. He's said it for 2-3 weeks now that he didn't think it was cooling off like it should. So he called the guy but I don't know when they are coming out. But, it's hot!!! Doesn't help that it's like 100 degrees here. It's actually 92 but they said with the heat index it would be like 100. The Brickyard nascar race is here in Indy this weekend....tomorrow I think. Dh and I have our anniversary on Monday. I think with all his travels and then vacation...we will wait till later to celebrate. 13 years under our belts now! Shew.....

Okay, gotta get some water..getting thirsty.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, sorry about the last minute scramble for the house...hope your oldest's still have a bed?? Bunk beds do make a room seem smaller, I think. Yay for a showing though!!

Beth, we are traveling with youngest DD to Portland and Seattle. We are fitting in a vacation between two long trips for DH...so I think he is going to be tired. And he got back from Asia and then went on an (annual) fishing trip which is in Colorado but about 4-5 hours away. He will get home tonight, mow the lawn, and then pack. I am feeling a bit stressed over this trip...not sure why...but I just am. Confined spaces, tired husband, moody daughter, and me. Yes, I do not know how to let loose and have a good time, apparently!! OK...so we will see my brother and his 4 kids, their first grandbaby and all the respective spouses, boyfriends, and 6 dogs...oh and their two best friends are there the same time we will be there. At their house about an hour outsidde of Seattle on Friday. So, about 18 people and 6 dogs. And hopefully they will come and spend a day with us in Seattle on Thursday. Other than that, nothing planned, we will wing it, and pray for one sunny day to take DD to the beach. They have had a very rainy summer so far, but cooler temps and that will be wonderful!!
Leaving first thing in the morning on an airplane.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #232
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Hi dorkies!

We are home and I can finally type on my normal computer. Yeah......!! Laundry is going, and we are just trying to get things back tonormal.

Ps, hope you got the article fnished up with dd outta the house. Any nibbles on showings for the house since you last posted??

Vikki...the clipboard is adorable! How sweet!

Laurie...virus gone? I hope so and darn those storms. We didnt get any rain while we were gone it seems...I guess some drizzles last night but the forecast is calling for t-storms later this afternoon...so we'll see.

LindaB...glad you are feeling better and all but bummer that the shoulder is still giving you fits. Not fun.

Wendy...legos...we have the same issue. First off we tried to keep the parts in zpilocks bags back in the box so all the parts for said set were all together. But, then they wanted this guy from that set and this piced from that other set and we finally just dumped them in some plastic bins. But, now they have so many that they can't sort through them w/out dumping the entire tub out making a huge huge mess. I know one family has a toy shelf thingy with those colored tubs. They sort them all by colors that match the tubs. Another friend of ours gets fishing tackel boxes with all the compartments and drawers and that's what they use.

Lori....what a weekend with all the parties and your niece is adorable! How fun.

Grace...good news on the house...is that what I read?? I know I have missed pages but think I read something along those lines.

Joyce, have fun kyacking today...I would not be able to do that...I would be floating upside down for sure.

Well, we had a great time on vacation. Went to a Yogi Bear Jellystone campground that is so nice. The people that own it are christians and had a mission youth group doing small VBS t ype lessons each day. The boys joined in on one day but we were so busy the other days. There were two creeks/streams that we could not keep the boys out of but it was so fun for them. They were very shallow...maybe a foot in the deep spot but they caught crawdads, built dams, skipped rocks, made boats out of foam (at the VBS thing) and floated them down river. Was really fun. Sam lost a flip flop because we didn't have any water shoes for them. My nephew lost one too. LOL!

We hiked, we fixed food at the tent site...we had a cabin w/ a 1/2 bath and kitchen sink but the rest were at tent sites so we cooked there and hung out there. We swam and played cards around the lantern. We drove in to Pigeon Forge twice....went to The Miracle play (about Jesus and his life...was EXCELLENT) The Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge TN and a 2nd time to play Hillbilly golf (putt-putting down a huge big hil...fun, fun) and the boys went go-carting while my SIL and niece went to the outlet malls. The other group with smaller kids wh were to little to go-cart, went to the Ripley's acquarium and they said it was amazing! One of the best they had been to. So, we had fun.

Anyway, it's nice to be home and nice to have the weekend to recover! LOL!

Well, I think that's it from me for now.....oh Traci, what do you hear from dh...isn't he fishing this week??
Beth, you are correct. We close on our new place next week and will move in over the weekend most likely. I am off the following week so will have a chance to get settled before we have Jodi's bridal shower there on following Sunday.
Traci, have a great time on vacation and I hope you get beautiful weather for time at the beach.
Hi VJ. The clipboard is darling!
I know there was more but can't remember. TTYL!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Traci, I can totally understand. DD was gone for 2 weeks in Italy, home a day, then camping for a week....not his fav thing to do but we did have fun and only had a few frustrating moments..the rest were great and we chalked it up to him being tired and me having a visiter come along on the 2nd to last day. How Dare Aunt Flo come and ruin the vacation!!! LOL! Well, it will be good for you to be with hubby and dd. I'm sure you will have a great time anyway. Seattle is nice. Go up in the Space Noodle! LOL! When we were visiting Doug's sister when Ben was about 3 we took a trip up to Seattle and went up in the needle. He called it the Space Noodle and low and behold there was a packet of noodles in the gift shop shaped in the shape of the needle. I would have bought it but it was so pricey...I think it was like $20 bucks for a pack of noodles! LOL! You will have fun anyway......

Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, Beth...we will have a good time! And Portland is where we used to live when we were first married, we love Portland and hope to show DD around again.

Well, almost packed, need to go see if you can pack a laptop in your suitcase. The last time I carried it on the plane, and it was so heavy. Hoping to avoid that.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #235
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci hope you have a good time! Six dogs, yikes, that's a lot, but I'm sure it will be nice to see the place you used to live.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #236
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Ladies.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. TTYL!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #237
Stazon Splitcoast

Ditto what Gracie said! We are off to church, errands then dh is watching The Brickyard. I'm sure the boys will be too. I need to work on my 2nd class a bit......it's called Including Students w/ Special Needs" Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment. Sounds good, eh?? I think it will be good. Some I may already know cuz of my Master's in Spec. Ed but there were some terms that were new to me as I took a gander through it so I'm anxious to see what the new trends in Spec. ed are since I have been out of teaching for all these years except last year!

Okay, have a great day everyone!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #238
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I'm sure you will find stuff in there that is new. I think teaching, just like accounting, always has stuff changing around as people/kids needs change. I am so proud of you for doing these classes, and for having the patience to teach and be with kids. I love my nephews so much, but I could never do daycare or teach. You are one special lady!!!

Hope you all have safe travels and a great weekend.

Hugs!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #239
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Laurie, for your sweet words of encouragment! I needed a little boost today. I think I'm still tired and still emotional from Aunt Flo and just feeling a bit down today. Not sure why....summer coming to an end maybe or the letdown after vacation?? Our 13th wedding Anniversary is tomorrow. I should be proud of that! We are both too tired to plan any sort of celebration. Ha! We do have a PFChang gift card we need to use so maybe we can plan that sometime. Anyway, thanks again!!! Really meant a lot!

My friend, Pattie, came over to get her SU order. She is the one whose hubby passed away a few weeks ago and I helped her make those cards. She needed some more paper and wanted to borrow a few stamps from the cards we made so she can make more. She so sweet. She brought me a potted plant in a pretty green pot and brought the boys a bag full of sweets and snacks. She's just very thoughful. Anyway, was good to see her.

I ran to Wally World to get a few things and the rest of the boys school supplies. It's hot out but not as hot as yesterday.....oh, we did have twisters earlier in the week..must have been Tuesday cuz the TV cut off 1/2 of my Losing It w/ Jillian show. But, it looks like they hit further south of Indy and not up here so much. Did you all see where that dam in Iowa broke? What a mess...those poor people.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #240
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Beth...get the lettuce wraps at PF Changs. They are SOOOO YUMMY!!!!
Operation Write Home