Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #2121
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Traci, I work in retail, back office. Here's the company website. Homepage *|* Prairie Gardens I now split my time between the accounting office and assisting the buyers with data entry of new merchandise, purchase orders, sale signs for all 5 stores, etc. Getting into one of the more challenging times of the year, Christmas season. Not quite as busy as garden season in the spring, but a very close second.

Been fighting a nasty headache all day so going to veg on the couch or in my recliner tonight and hopefully tomorrow will feel better.

TTYL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #2122
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Oh, thank you Grace! I can't believe you've been one of the dork sisters so long and I didn't know that...always nice to place people and envision them at work, home, etc...I am commiserating with you on the headache. Mine was so bad this morning, I had to take excedrin just to make it out of bed. It's better this evening, though. Have a realxing night.

Peggysue, praying for you all for safe travels, too!

I am listening to John Mayer up in my stamp room, trying to tidy up before I leave, and wanting to try a bookmark for the second night in a row. I haven't made one ever, and I want it to be really pretty, but how do you get all that on one tiny bookmark?
Have a pizza from Papa Murphy's about to be put in the oven for dinner.
Then tomorrow, I have a stamp event that is all day, and going to Steamboat after that with Erin. So may have to cut the stamping short, don't want to be tired before I leave. It's an organized event for 5-6 Christmas projects 3-D, those always take me forever, but fun. At the time I signed up, wasn't planning on traveling same day.
Hope everyone has a good evening...
Laurie, your weekend sounds fun, have a blast at the game!!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #2123
Duchess of Dork

Good evening! Quiet around here, which actually is good for me...LOL! Grace, sorry things are swamped. Same with DH, but not a retail thing. Too many people needing computer help & only so many techs to go around. Time to hire, but they aren't doing that.

Traci, how are you? Thank you for cheering my mailbox up!

Laurie, sounds like a full but fun weekend. So glad you can enjoy the fall weekends without it being tax season.

PS, I don't understand any of the terms of the house stuff, but I know it's not good for ya' right now. Praying things work out well. And soon.

Beth, sorry for the cramps. Icky! Why do we need these parts still?

Holly, you always amaze me with all you do. How are you feeling?

Well, I took the truck to the place. It's called BRC: Biodynamic Research Corporation. Bethany asked, in the reception area, "What does biodynamic mean?" I had no clue. The receptionist said, "It's the science of how the body moves." They have this machine that's similar to what they use in movies to take movies of real people moving, but in those green suits (like the green screen), then transform it into animation. Okay, I just learned that about computer generated graphics tonight, but it was cool as the girls got to see the equipment today.

We walked from there to the nearest Wal-Mart, which I think was less than a mile & all downhill, but still, for me, that's more than I normally get of exercise. It was so nice out. We got breakfast at McD's & sat down to eat. Phone rang. Guy from BRC. Turns out they couldn't use the truck b/c the seats are manual & in the actual accident, the seats were motorized. They will still pay us. Not sure how much or when. They were going to pay us $100 MORE to remove & replace the back window. I guess some money will be a gift anyway.

Ran errands & really God kept me from spending too much money. I had several fabrics in my cart at JoAnn with no coupon & only a couple on sale. The line was SO long, that after waiting close to an hour & still being 7 people behind, I decided we'd leave & not get the fabric. Then when we returned Dad's truck I decided to just go home b/c we were so tired & also traffic was bad on the hwy so we went the back way home. 2 stores missed. I can do without the things I wanted to get. I need to finish things here before buying more. I MIGHT still go to Hancock on Sun. or Mon. for some Breast Cancer awareness fabric (Oct. is BC awareness month so would like to have a few more things made up in that fabric), but if I do, they will be on sale there.

Tired. Need to get kids to bed. Good night dear dorks!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #2124
Duchess of Dork

Karen, I forgot to ask you, have you ever been on a yarn crawl? Peggysue, have you? My friend was going to go on one with her mom, who was coming here from Oklahoma just to go to this. My friend does no yarn crafts, only paper, and with her work & homeschool schedule she really doesn't have time to do much of any. She was not thrilled about the yarn crawl, but told me about it knowing I crocheted. I thought of y'all, of course, & wondered if you'd been on one.

For those who don't know what a yarn crawl is (I didn't), it's like a shop hop, where you go from yarn store to yarn store & get a gift at each store. These are all over the area in something like a 100 yard radius or so. They have quilt hops here like that.

Will be checking out the craft fairs to see what yarn designs are out there. Y'all do such lovely work that I doubt I'll see anything as nice as yours.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #2125
Duchess of Dork

Grace, we have a store, well, now a whole chain of them in Texas & beyond, called Garden Ridge Pottery & World Imports, or just Garden Ridge. It started as a pottery store, but now has the types of things yours has, but yours looks classier. These are HUGE buildings (like warehouse size) & some stuff is really nice but other stuff is not so much. Don't think they have scrapbook stuff, but I may be wrong. The home decor, candles, etc., they have. Funny thing is the store started here in Garden Ridge, what WAS a small community between San Antonio & New Braunfels (where my folks live). I knew about them back in High school. They built a few in other big towns, then they spread like crazy. I think it's funny b/c out of towners with stores think Garden Ridge is just the name of a store, but it's really a town with a store that was named after it.

Thanks for sharing that link. Now I can better picture what you do!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #2126
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies.

No headache this morning and a quiet weekend planned. Probably won't be online much at all.

Just checked out the company website & realized the one I gave you doesn't include the Jefferey Alans stores. We have 4 other retail stores too. jefferyalans.com - the JAs (as we call them) don't have a garden center. we also have an online Christmas store too. totallychristmas.com

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by katlady2; 10-09-2010 at 04:29 AM..
Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #2127
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Good Morning ladies.

No headache this morning and a quiet weekend planned. Probably won't be online much at all.

Just checked out the company website & realized the one I gave you doesn't include the Jefferey Alans stores. We have 4 other retail stores too. jefferyalans.com - the JAs (as we call them) don't have a garden center. we also have an online Christmas store too. totallychristmas.com

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
YEA for not headache! Gotta check out the Christmas store!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #2128
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Lori, I never heard of a yarn crawl. Interesting, but probably way too tempting to buy more yarn!

It's been a busy day for us. We just got back from a neighborhood party and Joel and I will turn around and go to a banquet around 4:30. UGH! I have already eaten too much today.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #2129
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

I got to spend a bit of time with my two favorite boys today! YEAH!!! That was not planned, but I was glad to move my schedule around.

Tom is grilling some meat and foil pack potatoes for us for supper, and then we are off to the game.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #2130
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy everyone. Sounds like it's a busy weekend for all.

Grace, the store sounds busy! I think retail is like that this time of year!

HOlly, glad you are feeling better enought to get up and about and all. How is the hand? It was your hand wasn't it? I might be totally confusing stories and time zones...LOL!

Lori, bummer on not being able to use the truck. At least you will still get paid a little bit.

A yarn crawl? Never heard of it....never seen a yarn crawl. Seen a baby crawl and an inch work crawl but, nope, nope, don't think I've ever seen a yarn crawl!

PS, hope the house hunting is going well.

Laurie, hope you got the house cleaned and the boys are carving pumpkins.

Karen, a party and banquet sound busy.I hope it's fun.

Had my craft show this a.m. Way less people traffic but I still made almost $200 and made some hopefully good business contacts. I paid my booth fee for next year out of my stach this year so that's all taken care of. Lori, I thought of you. There were several bag ladies there..but yours are more cuter! One of my customers DID come with a Colts bag but she'd gottenit at another craft event. Her bag had 'vinly patches' , for lackof a better word, sewn on the corners of her purse bottom ....like the two ends of the bag....so the corners/bottm wouldn't wear out quite as fast. Was really cute to have that added color and dimention. I wanted to take a pic of it fo ryou but thought it would be totally rude to do so! LOL!

It's always interesting to me as to what sells....sold a few tins, 1 of the ABC tins that has the magnetic letters inside the tin, all my single coasters and 1 set of 4 sold, all of mom's gift tags from the tagset in the new mini sold. She had 6 tags in a clear envie for $1 and they were really cute! I sold some cards and several of the packets of magnets, bookmarks, etc. Got a jar full of names for the raffle and newsletters and hopefully a few more customers. One lady said she found a demo of the website and inquired about ordering, etc. she said the demo directed her to her website and was very rude and not friendly at all. She said she was glad to find me. She was really cute so I hope she wil be a good customer. I gave her a mini and she took all my info so we'll see.

Lori, when is your craft show? I'll be anxious to see what sells for you, my dear.

Okay, our street is having a cookout tonight w/ some old neighbors that moved away. I signed up to bring NOTHING...well, my neighbor said just bring a few bags of chips so that's what we are bringing. I just dind't have the time to fix anything AT ALL.

Mom and Dad came down las tnight then mom helped at my booth all day. Dad had a meeting down here this am. but came over for the last hour or so. Doug came last night to help set up and tear down. I did find a cute Colts snowman Christmas ornament tha tI will stick in his stocking this year and a pair of blue horseshoe Colt's earrings for myself!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #2131
Stazon Splitcoast

Jinks, Laurie! We both posted at 5:40! LOL! Glad ou had a fun time w/ the boys. The grill food sounds fantastic....have fun at the game!

Old 10-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #2132
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, watch for Happy Mail! Probably Tuesday.

There is no mail on Monday....Columbus Day.

Peggysue, been forgetting to say thank you for the happy mail. And Holly too! I LOVE happy mail!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #2133
Pearl-ExPert

Evening ladies.

PS, forgot to say thanks for the happy mail. Beautiful!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #2134
Stazon Splitcoast

OKay, Laurie, will do!

Thanks for the Happy Mail, too, girls!

Our cul-de-sac cookout was really fun. One family moved away this summer and they were in town visiting so it was great to see them. A new family moved into another house on our cul-de-sac and the dad and 2 kids were here painting so we 'made' them stay for dinner cuz they haven't really moved into the house yet..just painting and all. Anyway, their kids are a bit older but the older dd is about the same age as another girl our our sac so that will be nice for them. ...and she babysits too!! I'm so tired though..the boys are bushed as the kids were running around playing games/hide n seek, etc....fun times for kids for sure.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #2135
Stazon Splitcoast

Not sure if I"ve mentioned this before or not. ...but one of my customers (I met her at this craft show I did today except last year) wrote this book. It's called Love Letters and it on how to better communicate and listen to those inner nudgings one might get on sending notes to people. She is a sweet sweet lady and is going to come and be a part of my open house here in December. She is thinkng we can package up some of my cards to go along w/ her book as little gift sets. I think it would be a great idea for any stamper to give with a set of her gift cards so I wanted to pass along this book to you guys in case anyone on your Christmas LIst would enjoy a book with a set of your handmade cards. Rosa lives here and her kids go to our kids school. She is a christian lady and is an angel for sure.

Soar With Grace

Old 10-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #2136
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hey girls, just checking in quick. Will read back but wanted to say thanks for the happy mail as well. I've been so busy on dt pages that I feel like I haven't been here forever. I did an all night crop last night so I'm so tired today I can hardly move. But it was fun

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #2137
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Lori, I never heard of a yarn crawl. Interesting, but probably way too tempting to buy more yarn!

It's been a busy day for us. We just got back from a neighborhood party and Joel and I will turn around and go to a banquet around 4:30. UGH! I have already eaten too much today.
Karen, that's what I thought about going to a quilt shop hop. I'd probably buy stuff I really didn't need to buy. I would love to go to one of those shops like you & PS go to & just feel yarn. Actually, it would be more fun to feel yarn WITH you & PS!

Sounds like the day for neighborhood parties. Hope it was fun!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #2138
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
I got to spend a bit of time with my two favorite boys today! YEAH!!! That was not planned, but I was glad to move my schedule around.

Tom is grilling some meat and foil pack potatoes for us for supper, and then we are off to the game.
Fun spending time with those boys! Hope dinner was good.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #2139
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Howdy everyone. Sounds like it's a busy weekend for all.

Grace, the store sounds busy! I think retail is like that this time of year!

HOlly, glad you are feeling better enought to get up and about and all. How is the hand? It was your hand wasn't it? I might be totally confusing stories and time zones...LOL!

Lori, bummer on not being able to use the truck. At least you will still get paid a little bit.

A yarn crawl? Never heard of it....never seen a yarn crawl. Seen a baby crawl and an inch work crawl but, nope, nope, don't think I've ever seen a yarn crawl!

PS, hope the house hunting is going well.

Laurie, hope you got the house cleaned and the boys are carving pumpkins.

Karen, a party and banquet sound busy.I hope it's fun.

Had my craft show this a.m. Way less people traffic but I still made almost $200 and made some hopefully good business contacts. I paid my booth fee for next year out of my stach this year so that's all taken care of. Lori, I thought of you. There were several bag ladies there..but yours are more cuter! One of my customers DID come with a Colts bag but she'd gottenit at another craft event. Her bag had 'vinly patches' , for lackof a better word, sewn on the corners of her purse bottom ....like the two ends of the bag....so the corners/bottm wouldn't wear out quite as fast. Was really cute to have that added color and dimention. I wanted to take a pic of it fo ryou but thought it would be totally rude to do so! LOL!

It's always interesting to me as to what sells....sold a few tins, 1 of the ABC tins that has the magnetic letters inside the tin, all my single coasters and 1 set of 4 sold, all of mom's gift tags from the tagset in the new mini sold. She had 6 tags in a clear envie for $1 and they were really cute! I sold some cards and several of the packets of magnets, bookmarks, etc. Got a jar full of names for the raffle and newsletters and hopefully a few more customers. One lady said she found a demo of the website and inquired about ordering, etc. she said the demo directed her to her website and was very rude and not friendly at all. She said she was glad to find me. She was really cute so I hope she wil be a good customer. I gave her a mini and she took all my info so we'll see.

Lori, when is your craft show? I'll be anxious to see what sells for you, my dear.

Okay, our street is having a cookout tonight w/ some old neighbors that moved away. I signed up to bring NOTHING...well, my neighbor said just bring a few bags of chips so that's what we are bringing. I just dind't have the time to fix anything AT ALL.

Mom and Dad came down las tnight then mom helped at my booth all day. Dad had a meeting down here this am. but came over for the last hour or so. Doug came last night to help set up and tear down. I did find a cute Colts snowman Christmas ornament tha tI will stick in his stocking this year and a pair of blue horseshoe Colt's earrings for myself!
Beth, you have the best neighborhood it seems. Always something fun going on.

Yea on making $200! I have not made that much at any of my booths ever. Well, I only had 2 real craft shows last year & the other was a neighborhood thing that was a flop. But even with PC I never had a booth that panned out when I paid for it. The only time I can recall one panning out & going on & on was at a free thing I did at a ladies' gym. I still have friends on FB from that event!

I've seen those thing on bags & want to try putting those on. Some of the patterns with them look really dorky (the fabrics & colors they chose), but I think could work well with something different.

Hope you get lots of residual business from this! Did you mom get the aprons made on magnets? Wondering how those are selling. Of course, each fair is different.

This is my line up:
10/16: Fair at a church on the far west side of town (I live on NE side of town, remember that SA is the 7th largest city in the US)
10/30: Fair at a church northwest area
11/6: Fair outside of Houston at Bro's church
11/20: Fair at a church heading towards downtown (where my nephew used to work)
12/5: Fair at my church!

Phew.

This week: church tomorrow, Girl Scouts Monday (I may sneak into a room & work if I can instead of being with the girls. Tuesday co-op. Wed. WORK all day. Thursday drive to Houston---this is Kathy's LAST chemo & they do a big to-do when they finish! That will be exciting! Just going for the day. Friday PACK it all up. Saturday fair. Sunday: collapse. Then go to 6 flags. ha, ha!

Phew. I feel tired already just reading that.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #2140
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Not sure if I"ve mentioned this before or not. ...but one of my customers (I met her at this craft show I did today except last year) wrote this book. It's called Love Letters and it on how to better communicate and listen to those inner nudgings one might get on sending notes to people. She is a sweet sweet lady and is going to come and be a part of my open house here in December. She is thinkng we can package up some of my cards to go along w/ her book as little gift sets. I think it would be a great idea for any stamper to give with a set of her gift cards so I wanted to pass along this book to you guys in case anyone on your Christmas LIst would enjoy a book with a set of your handmade cards. Rosa lives here and her kids go to our kids school. She is a christian lady and is an angel for sure.

Soar With Grace
I'd like to soar with Grace! I mean OUR Grace! Just bookmarked your friend's page so I can go back & look at it.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #2141
Duchess of Dork

Gotta go sew. TTYL!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #2142
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy SundayMorning...gotta head out the door soon cuz I'm working with the 2yo's this a.m.

Lori, you will be busy with craft shows. That's awesome. I'm only doing 2, plus my open house here on 12/4. I may pick up another one if one lands in my lap..Oh, I usually take my stuff in to school so that might be an idea too.

Okay, talk to you all soon! Have a happy day!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #2143
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I attended a stamping event yesterday until 1:00 with my demo and ladies from various clubs. We made 5 projects and one card for 30.00, all Christmas related.
Then I left at 2:00 to meet my Tom and Erin. It is rare we get to spend time with her and she had taken the weekend off in order to come to Steamboat Springs. I think her hope was to see the Fall colors before they faded. It was a glorious drive through the canyon, lots of poplar and some aspen changing. Up on the mountain, we still have some, but not as much. And I saw my first snow!! Ack, not ready for that...I followed a snowplow up the last pass, so thankful as it was quite icy. Erin and I will have today and then head home tomorrow. Probably just relax and if the weather doesn't rain, maybe get some outdoor pictures and not sure what else. I would love a massage, but I'm thinkin' it will be kind of pricey up here, and take too much time. Maybe dinner and a movie tonight...I'll just see what she's up for. It is cold and rainy right now.
Hope you ladies are having a nice weekend!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #2144
Stazon Splitcoast

Mothermark is hosting one of the challenges for Hope You can cling to...check out the home page. I want to do that, but have to be home first!!

Lori, that is a mighty lot of fairs...don't run yourself ragged. Hope they are fun for you and you make some decent sales! You've got really cute projects!

Beth, that is great, glad you had fun and made some good contacts! I can remember teaching 2 year olds, it was tougher to me than trying to teach elementary. Not much of an attention span!

Still waking up here, wish I could stay longer, so relaxing.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #2145
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I am always looking for books like that, I will check it out. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #2146
Watercolor Wizard

*boof*

I got my PWCO cards done for the week. Whew! Off to Culver's and then Pokemon league.

*boof*
Old 10-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #2147
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. I didn't make it to church or listen to the webcast. Day 2 of waking up with a nasty almost puking migraine. Four hours later and an Imitrex I just feel very hung over. I swear I only had a Sierra Mist and pretzel with cheese at the game last night.

The game was AWESOME!!! The first period they were very unorganized and sloppy, but I think Coach had an inspirational meeting with them because 2nd and 3rd periods they showed their stuff and came out winning 6-2. I sort of lost my voice and all in all Tom and I had a blast!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #2148
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

DH and I are having a lazy afternoon. I'm still tired from the 24 hour crop. I slept for about 2 hours this afternoon.

My husband found me a clip it up on craigs list today and emailed the lady, she is local so if we can we may just pick it up tomorrow. It's 2 tiers for less then the price of one. I wanted the bigger one, but I can surely start with this one and make sure I like it before the big purchase.

PS, do I understand correctly. Your house sold, and now you have to move but may not be buying the first home you wanted. Correct? If so yeah for the final sale, I'm glad the room stuff worked out. But darn on not having someplace to move right into.

Tracy, your card was beautiful. Thank you.

So Beth, what is it that sold so well at the craft fairs? I may do one at the end of the month if I get around to make some stuff.

Laurie, yeah for a fun game, but yuck with the headache. I kind of have one to, but I know it's from lack of sleep. I just can't get off my schedule or I can function. I think I'm getting old. Imagine that.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #2149
Stazon Splitcoast

I understand what you mean Joyce about the schedule. I didn't sleep well last night either. We have a pack of coyotes that were singing all night long out side. I am a very light sleeper. Oh well. Hoping for better tonight.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #2150
Duchess of Dork

Hidden message.

I'm not really here but getting ready for fairs. However, if anything exciting happens, let me know by e-mail, okay? Hugs!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #2151
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

What a busy weekend. I didn't have much computer time and only skimmed the posts. I also ate too much over the weekend and I better back off the eating today and for a few more days to make up for it.

Just as a reminder there is no mail today. I know many of you are anxiously waiting and checking your mailboxes daily for happy mail from me and today's lack of mail delivery doesn't help. Oh wait! I haven't sent any happy mail!

DH put the training wheels on DS1's old bike for DS3 yesterday. He was so cute riding around on his "big boy bike". I snapped a few pictures. DH said, with melancholy in his voice, I think we are out of tricycles now.

Hope you all have a happy Monday!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:03 AM   #2152
Gabfest Goddess

Morning gals

I've been up since 3:30 am ughh so it'll be one long day with a nap worked in bawawawa

PS thanks so much for the happy mail! I love that cat image that is just too cute do you know were you got that from? Very neat card!

Beth congrats on the craft fair and new contacts way to go!

Traci I hope you had a great time yack snow!

Lori wow your so busy and that is a lot of craft fairs!

Laurie hope the headache is going away, fun that you got to spend time with the boys!

Hi to everyone else

Our weekend was crazy. Sat was give the cows/calves there shots and check to see who was prego and figure out what is going to be sold. Ended up taking us all day. I was pretty tired and beat up from that. Can I say 500 to 600 lb calves are not fun to work with. My hand and arm did pretty good! My uncle came and helped thank goodness but he was hurting unit after working the big cows. Then sunday cleaned jobs and worked on firewood got 2 loads cut, home and stacked! Whoop Whoop So the arm really hurts but I suppose since I haven't done a lot with it physically it will for awhile.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #2153
Gabfest Goddess

If you ladies have time you gotta check out the 3D challenge I did, I am making these for my kids! I can't wait to give them to them. I have some candy corn dsp that I am going to use on theirs.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 AM   #2154
Hardware Hotshot

HI!!! from the long last dork up north!

Had a very busy week last week and also went to Atlanta for conference with DH and two other staff pastors from our church.

Am looking forward to a much more quiet week. I will check back in when the kiddos are sleeping- but then I may be too! Anyway... Hugs!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 AM   #2155
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Morning ladies!! I had a blast at my party - I wish more people could have made it. It stinks when you are exepcting so many and then they do not show. Ugg. Oh well. I had WAY TOO much to drink. And had the worst hang over ever but I rarely if ever drink so I am sure I was quit a story to tell

THank you for the birthday wishes and card!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #2156
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh so tired this morning. Another night of being serenaded by the pack of Coyotes living by us. I think she has pups and is teaching them to hunt. They are very close, and we have seen them before. Her den must be very near our yard.

Leona, glad you had a good time!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #2157
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi gals!

Yay beth on making money at the craft fair!

Boo, Laurie, on not getting enough sleep, but just think, you can write up this experience and submit it to National Geographic! :} Sorry to hear about the migraine too, those are yucky!

Karen, what a relief to have those cards done, huh?

Holly, girl, you make me tired just reading your posts. 5-6oo calves would wear me out just looking at them!

Lori, you're not here, go work on craft fair stuff!!!

Okay, so we were gone all weekend and I had the strongest feeling I should at least stay for one more day to look and DH said we had to get back but it is Columbus Day and littlest DD had the day off. Of course we saw a house online that we didn't see while up there that now we both would like to see, but don't know when we'll be able to go back.

The good news is that we are getting our earnest money returned, so that is a huge relief. And like Karen, I got my last card done for the next MFP blog hop/new product introduction. I didn't make more than one project per set, like usual, but I did get my stuff completed and the posts ready to go.

Traci, glad you got some time in with Erin at Steamboat. Wow, cannot believe you had to follow a plow up the road, we have such warm temperatures here right now, really unseasonal considering the time of year.

Have to get back to house cleaning and writing. Smooches to all!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #2158
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, glad you had a good time at the party.

Wendy, how was the conference? Was it nice to be in Atlanta? Any job news?

Same for Robin . . . any job news at all???
Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #2159
Stazon Splitcoast

Had a great weekend with 9 other stampers. We went to a cabin up north for a retreat. Lots of great food and fellowship and very little sleep. We swapped Christmas Cards and 2 - 6x6 Christmas Treat Recipe Cards. I taught a class Sat. night where we made binders for the Recipe cards using the new Deck the Halls DSP from the SU Holiday Mini. Another lady taught us how to make a Never Ending Card and 2 others taught us how to make a 3-D pumpkin using the Lg Scallop Circle Die. Sat. morning we went to a Craft Sale and found some good bargains on old craft products. We then went to Archiver's and a local scrap store that just opened up. We may take a road trip some Sat back to the LSS and make some cards. They had some beautiful samples that we want to learn how to do.

The weather was perfect for the entire weekend. I spent today getting everything back in the craft room and catching up on the web.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #2160
Stazon Splitcoast

Ditto to all the comments.....glad several of us had great times over the past few days.

PS: Hope the house situation will straighten out for you quickly and that you can get into a new place before snow starts flying.