Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #2081
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

I hope to try Zumba tomorrow...if I don't forget. I don't know if I'll like it, but used to do jazzercise a long time ago...and that is the best workout I've ever gotten. Of course, I used to be a lot more flexible too!! Beth, I bet you would love it!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #2082
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I had a reply all written and now its gone! Argh!

Traci, I'm surprised you didn't dye your hair cherry cobbler red. You know when you'll find the paper pack -- as soon as you place an order for a new one, so you'd better order soon so you can start stamping!!

Its a beautiful day here too, got into the 7os.

Guess what!?!?!? I won some blog candy! I won a little cotton rabbit from a blog I follow by a lady in England who knits these cute bunnies and other animals and sells them to help support her family. They always sell like hotcakes, I've tried bidding many times and never get one, but for her blogaversary she gave one away and out of over 7oo comments random.org picked mine!!!! I'm so excited!!! A cute little bunny!!!
Oh, how fun! I'm so proud of you and that cute little bunny. We need to see a pic, you know?? Fun and lucky you!!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #2083
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Laurie, I thought the same thing about the pink hair. In Houston when we stopped at the Archivers (way cool, by the way), the crop night was apparently a Breast Cancer support night. SEveral ladies had on Race for the Cure shirts & pink wigs. How perfect that we were there (it was Kathy & I) then. At one point we really wanted a certain paper pad. There had been 3 but when we went back they were gone. I told Kathy, "You need to go back to the crop room, take off your hat & make them feel sorry for you til they give the pads back." LOL! Craziest thing, as we were leaving, we saw a lady we'd chatted with on the other side of the store. She was holding all 3 pads, but had an uncertain look on her face. Kathy was joking & said, "You weren't about to put those back were you?" Turns out she DID give us 2 of them (which we promptly bought, well, Kathy did, she spoiled me with some fun stuff that night). Isn't that the coolest thing?

Well, along with Traci's paper, Joyce's tripod piece, Karen's Eunice & Laurie's pack of soft subtle brads, I suspect 1/2 my belongings & my brain are hiding. And I typed soft subtle brains at first.
OH, that's so fun that the lady put some back and Kathy got to get what she wanted...or at least some of it! That's great and you got some fun stuffs too...yeah!!!

Heheh, that made me lol about the soft subtle brains..I was thinking soft mushy brains actually....well, for me anyway! Ha!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #2084
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Hi Beth!!

Keep forgetting to say, of course, Joyce, you are not alone in your thoughts with the living together and all, especially while a minor living at home. That is absolutely nuts!!!
I know a lot of parents out there are doing everything they can just to keep the peace in the household and prevent a runaway, but you have to stick to your beliefs and work to communicate with your children. Those parents need help, too!!
Amen, sister!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #2085
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hope to try Zumba tomorrow...if I don't forget. I don't know if I'll like it, but used to do jazzercise a long time ago...and that is the best workout I've ever gotten. Of course, I used to be a lot more flexible too!! Beth, I bet you would love it!!
I wouldn't mind to give it a try sometime, that's for sure. I want to kick off these last few pounds....heheheh..maybe I should try KICK boxing! LOL!

We had a fun day today at school. It was the annual Fun Run. Our school has One and only ONE fundraiser. The kids get sponsors to give them so much money per lap run or walked around the race track at the school. It's actually the high school track that is on the Elem. school property...sort of a sports center next door and the HS is only 2 blocks away from the Elem. So, since I have 2 1/2 day classes I got to go out 2x and walk, walk, walk. Our morning class is full of little ones.....2 girls w/ autism and a few other little pip-squeeks so I only got in 3 laps. But, managed to get in 5 in the afternoon. We had 30 min out there each session. I even ran a few laps to try to keep up w/ my BIL who ran the entire 30 min. and ran 9 laps I think. Our principal had the goal of walking 52 laps over the coarse of the day. I'm sure she got it. She wants a group of teachers to train for the mini-marathon here this spring....so we'll see if I do it..I would love to. 13 miles or something like that. The school raised $20,000 last year for this event...or close to that so they are hoping to pass that this year.

Needless to say...I'm all tuckered out!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #2086
Stazon Splitcoast

Tessa graduated her little doggie class last night. Our trainer combined the two Tuesday night classes into one grad class last night. There were about 40 dogs or more. She actually did GREAT. One of the tasks is to put your dog in a sit/stay position, walk across to the other side of the room and call your dog to COME. The trainer is looking for obedience as well as speed. So, each person did that (2 people going at a time). We made itinto the top 9 of fast obedient dogs!!! So, the top 9 did the same task again except we did it all at once..all 9 dogs lined up in a sit/stay position, then we all walked across and had to wait (hoping the dogs wouldn't budge..we got 1 chance to put them back into position if they broke) then we called them. TESSA crossed the finish line first and we won a nice new leather 3 foot leash. And, here Doug had just called her 'special needs' the other day when talking to our cop friend who has a K-9 for a partner....she might be special, but that DOG CAN RUN!!!!

Here's a few pics for ya.....I posted more on facebook. She's the caramel colored one....ain't she a beaut???
Attached Thumbnails
dsc06656.jpg   dsc06658.jpg   dsc06663.jpg  

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #2087
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's a few more for ya....oh, the tool belt I'm wearing has all her treats in it.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc06665.jpg   dsc06668.jpg  

Old 10-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #2088
Stazon Splitcoast

Aww, Beth...I did see these on FB...she is a beaut for sure, and you should be proud of her!! That looks like a great class, too...I'm impressed with all those dogs laying down and being so still!
Yay for you with the laps too, and the school for the fund-raiser! A mini marathon would be a real challenge, but I am sure you could train for it and do great!!

Peggysue, that is so neat that you won the prize, especially with those big numbers!! I love bunnies, too! If you happen to have time, post a picture , maybe in your next blog post. Did you stop packing for now?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #2089
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
OH, that's so fun that the lady put some back and Kathy got to get what she wanted...or at least some of it! That's great and you got some fun stuffs too...yeah!!!

Heheh, that made me lol about the soft subtle brains..I was thinking soft mushy brains actually....well, for me anyway! Ha!
What was so sweet is that she actually GAVE them to Kathy so she could buy them. She was such a sweet lady named Susan. She's not a demo for any company, but hosts card making nights at her house. How neat is that?!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #2090
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Tessa graduated her little doggie class last night. Our trainer combined the two Tuesday night classes into one grad class last night. There were about 40 dogs or more. She actually did GREAT. One of the tasks is to put your dog in a sit/stay position, walk across to the other side of the room and call your dog to COME. The trainer is looking for obedience as well as speed. So, each person did that (2 people going at a time). We made itinto the top 9 of fast obedient dogs!!! So, the top 9 did the same task again except we did it all at once..all 9 dogs lined up in a sit/stay position, then we all walked across and had to wait (hoping the dogs wouldn't budge..we got 1 chance to put them back into position if they broke) then we called them. TESSA crossed the finish line first and we won a nice new leather 3 foot leash. And, here Doug had just called her 'special needs' the other day when talking to our cop friend who has a K-9 for a partner....she might be special, but that DOG CAN RUN!!!!

Here's a few pics for ya.....I posted more on facebook. She's the caramel colored one....ain't she a beaut???
Oh, that's so neat! Tell Dough (Yes, I did it again), that my special needs kid is fast, too!

Speaking of racing, woo-hoo for you walking so much today! THat is neat! A marathon possibly? Even a mini one sounds challenging. Way to go twinsy! I'm just assuming you WILL do it! LOL!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #2091
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I've had quite the fibro day which is part of laying in bed. So not flexible these days & with this weight. Natalie has a poochy belly. It's a Smith trait (my side of the family). We are going to try to get up & walk tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. Gotta do something.

Let me know how Zumba is. And what it is!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #2092
Duchess of Dork

That big furry looking German Shepherdish dog looks scary! Is that devil dog in these pictures? The little one that's so mean? Tessa is gorgeous!
Quote:

Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #2093
Duchess of Dork

I want a golden doodle. It's a golden retriever poodle mix. Cute!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #2094
Stazon Splitcoast

Those are really cute, Lori!! Glad you took a day to rest up, too! Walking is great for fibro, you should do it!!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:33 AM   #2095
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Girls.

Beth, congrats for Tessa, she is a beautiful dog. Looks like she is really smart too.

Lori, the golden doodle is an adorable dog.

ok, don't remember what else I read, argh.

Need to get going, have another busy day today, even more so at work than yesterday.
Have payroll and the project that I mentioned the other day to do as Craig got sidetracked by other stuff with the owner of the company. Had a great class last night and am looking forward to family formation tonight, then I get a break and can take some time this weekend to craft. Have a challenge project due for the FBD challenge blog next week. Fun, fun color combo! Also, need to make John a birthday card as his birthday is next Thurs. Yikes, I must be tired, I'm blathering.

TTYL~!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #2096
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Sorry Leona. I did good though. I only spent like $20.
yeah me too
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEONA!!!!

Beth, I am so proud of you and Tessa! WAY TO GO GIRLS!

I have my monthly headache today. Oh yeah for me. It will get better.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Get out and enjoy the pretty fall colors!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #2098
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, the pictures are great!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #2099
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Thank you Laurie.

People with cats - I have a question. We got a kitten almost 2 wks ago. She is great - playful loveable etc. She even litter trained her first night here. The kittens were born outside to a fieldcat. The owner kept them on their porch. I think she may have a cold or something...she doesnt sneeze and seems all over health except she sounds 'snorty' i have never heard that with a cat before. I haven't gotten her vetted yet but plan too in after all the crazies calm down here. Is it possible that she just snorts?? She breaths fine just laying around - but then it seems when she gets real active she snorts like she is congested...but no wheezing...its hard to explain. Suggestions? Help?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Leona!!

Hope your party is a blast from the past!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #2101
Stazon Splitcoast

You should be getting your pack of cards for auction today or possibly tomorrow. Let me know when they arrive.
No cat help here!!

Morning ladies...up way too late last night so still waking up. I was reading till almost 2, then up at 7:30...wish I could sleep in!

No big plans today, going to try a minestrone soup in crockpot. I'll check in later!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #2102
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY

LEONA!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #2103
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmmm...Leona, I'm really not sure about your kitty. I would think if it was sick it would "snort" all the time. Can kitties have asthma?
Operation Write Home
Old 10-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #2104
Duchess of Dork

Hope your birthday is fantabulous Leona!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #2105
Stazon Splitcoast

I think cats ccan get asthma. Sounds cute though! And happy birthday Leona!!!

Beth, great pictures, yay for Tessa and for you!!!

Well, we are heading up to look for a new house this weekend. The sellers refuse to lower their price and expect us to keep the same offer for their home, which is $12,ooo above where the appraisal came in. Um no, that would be stupid to buy into negative equity. So we have to find a new place to live and start the process all over again. Wish us luck.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #2106
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!! Not too bright on their part...you kinda wonder what people are thinking, Peggysue!! More than luck is wished for you!!!

OK, I just made a big pot of minestrone for the weekend, and between adding veggies, I'm watching Food Network (always inspires me) and learning more about asparagus than I ever imagined was out there~!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #2107
Stazon Splitcoast

MMMM...asparagus is yummy! I just found out a few years ago that I like it. Especially in cream of asparagus soup!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #2108
Stazon Splitcoast

I like asparagus too! Try it in risotto.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #2109
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

PS, will you get your earnest $$ back??

Sorry I didn't keep up with the chatter yesterday. Beth, I saw that you posted pics but I didn't get to see them.

Leona, I hope you are having a good day.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #2110
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post

Sorry I didn't keep up with the chatter yesterday. Beth, I saw that you posted pics but I didn't get to see them.

We asked how you Irrigate ears at your house. or is that EARigate? LOL! Do you use a storebought bulb syringe thing?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #2111
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I think cats ccan get asthma. Sounds cute though! And happy birthday Leona!!!

Beth, great pictures, yay for Tessa and for you!!!

Well, we are heading up to look for a new house this weekend. The sellers refuse to lower their price and expect us to keep the same offer for their home, which is $12,ooo above where the appraisal came in. Um no, that would be stupid to buy into negative equity. So we have to find a new place to live and start the process all over again. Wish us luck.
I know cats can GIVE asthma & allergy attacks. Personally.

That is ridiculous for them to want you to keep the offer.

Will pray it goes well when you look. Are you considering looking in South Central Texas? ha, ha!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #2112
Duchess of Dork

So excited---that place where I have been used to be a "surrogate" to take "re-enactment" type pics of car wrecks needed a truck like my dad's. I sent dad the info thinking he could pick up some quick cash. He said I could use the truck & get the $$! $250 for letting them use my dad's truck. Cool! Hoping nothing goes wrong & that it really pans out. Will mean a day of not sewing, but that's okay. It's an easier $250 than I can make sewing, unless I were sewing for the stars & out of real leather or something.

Night night dear dorks!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #2113
Pearl-ExPert

Evenin' girls.

Leona, if I read your post correctly, the kitten was an outside kitty before you took it in? If so, it may have an upper respiratory infection which is causing the snorting. I would get it into the vet as soon as you can. It is very common for cats which are strays and outside ones to get them especially if they haven't had vet care. It is also possible for the kitty to have an allergy to something in your house or the pet food. Jodi had a kitty that would get sick if he ate science diet, but did great on a different brand. Hope I didn't just scare you, however, since I am a huge cat lover, I tend to be overly cautious.

Been a super long day so will try to catch up more tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #2114
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick post and I'm 2 minutes late for Leona's Birthday! Hope you had a good day....yesterday....hehehe...on your special day. We love you!!!

Cramps here....busting my bum for this craft show. I have to go set up tomorrow night. Tessa and I ran about a mile tonight...then walked a half mile. Iguess it's a start right??

Now I"m off to bed.

Lori, that's great about using yoru dad's truck...YIPPY.

And, POOPY on having to look for another house, Peggysue. I'm so sorry. But, those sellers sound like losers anyway. Bahumbug to them!!!

Okay, that's all I can remember.....gotta hit the hay.

NIght girls.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #2115
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post

We sincerely hope so. We are exercising a valid contingency written into the contract, so I don't see how they could retain it, but they might hold onto it for a while and threaten just to be nasty. We're going to get a letter from the loan officer and our attorney down here, hopefully that will carry enough weight.

Tired, but I had to finish up a card for the Sunday challenge. I'm taking my computer with me so maybe since I won't be able to stamp or pack this weekend I'll have time to visit blogs finally!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #2116
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies.

Leona, so sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! DUH.

Everyone have a good Friday. Seems like I am just getting slammed at work this week with STUFF that needed to be done yesterday. ARGH! Gotta love all the last minute, we need to put this on sale and get signs out to all the stores for when it starts on Sunday. Grrrr, and it's only gonna get more fun as we get closer to Christmas. OK, vent over.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #2117
Gabfest Goddess

CRASH

Thank god it is FRIDAY!!!

Leona I am late but Happy Birthday!! You can celebrate today now too Yep grace is probably right sounds like the cat could have an upper respirator infection.

PS well fiddle stix on the house!

Bethers wow when did the dog grow up! lol Yay for graduating doggie school!!

Hi to all of you!

What a crazy busy week, I can't seem to get back into the swing of things I am tired. I am happy to report Wed. we were able to work on firewood!! Woo hoo Still lots to cut but at least we got some done finally! I did pretty good my arm and hand were really hurting towards the end but I hung in there for 3 hours! Today I have no place to be, I need to clean up the house but seriously thinking about laying around and resting today. lol

Hope you all have a great friday!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #2118
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace...it's called job security! Hang in their girl!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #2119
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, it is 4 minutes till noon here, so I can safely say that!!
Beth, good luck with your craft sale...it should be fun, but sounds like a whole lot of work, too!! Enjoy!
Holly, you make me laugh, I picture you sliding into home base sometimes when you land here...whew!! Did you skin your knee this time? Hope you have a fun time laying around the house, sounds like a great plan to me. And yippee for the firewood start!!
Joyce, how are you doing? Do you have your friends over today for crafting? Or is that not every week?
Grace, enjoy your weekend! What line of business are you in?

Lori, praise God about the truck, that is super news!! Nice of your Dad to share, too!!

Peggysue, praying you'll find the perfect house, perfect timing, and no kitchen to remodel. How's that for specific?

Karen, how are you doing?

Laurie, any fun plans this weekend?

Hi to the rest of you gals...

We are going to Steamboat, this time Erin and I are going just for one day and two nights. I am looking forward to it, and hoping there is still some color left in them thar hills!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #2120
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, It's another full weekend....

Tomorrow I have to get laundry and cleaning done and dinner made. At 7pm we will be at the Milwaukee Admirals season home opener game! I am REALLY looking forward to that. Sunday, church via webstream, late breakfast, stamping, finish up what doesn't get done on Saturday. I am hoping my brother and the boys carve pumpkins this weekend so I can go get a few pics of that, but they have a full weekend with a birthday party and stuff like that. We shall see!
Operation Write Home