Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #2041
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Good afternoon ladies!
I had my moms4moms meeting today, our group of 8-9 was down to four and the discussion was bringing Christ into focus for various holidays...Valentine's, Easter, Halloween, and of course, Christmas. It was interesting and good to be around women who have the same focus.
So it's been a busy few days here and I got a few things done which felt good.

DH is working at home, but about to leave for a business trip.

I am supposed to start an exercise class, Zumba, tonight with my friend at her church...the only downfall is her church is about 30 miles away. But I want to get into something and it's always easier with a friend for accountability. I guess if I love it, I can join one here in town. But my back has given me trouble for a couple of weeks, so will have to take it easy on that. It should be fun!

PS, I'm still trusting in God's timing for all of this...I would think a house in Michigan would be around for quite awhile, because of the slow housing market and unemployment, so if you want it, hope it hangs around!

Joyce, yep, I do color my hair almost always, this was for DD's and my relationship sake, I do alot for the sake of relationship...and she got hers taken care of which was good. I recolored my hair last night, and now it is darker than I would like, and still red (which I don't mind) but the roots are still more red than the rest. Oh well, it looks so much better, I am just happy about that!! Nice of you to have the company over for dinner...even if she was underage!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #2042
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, is all your baking for an event, or are you just enjoying baking and being home? I love walks in treed areas...sounds so nice!
Lori, hope co-op goes well! I'm not on the computer unless I'm home, don't have all the tech on my phone to do that!
Leona, that is a bummer about work!! So sad...your stuff is in the mail, so look for it in a few days!

Hope everyone else has a good day!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #2043
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

ENABLER ALERT! Lots of SU clearance...Great prices!

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemL...ID=493&cid=111
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #2044
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs to everyone still going through issues. Pray that they will soon all be settled and you can move on to the next phase in your life.

Had a very dork morning. Decided it was time for lunch and that I would make myself a PB&J on toast. Pulled out the toaster and put 2 slices of bread in and pushed the knob. Stood there for about 2 minutes and realized that I hadn't plugged in the toaster so I did that. After another 2 minutes I realized that when the toaster isn't plugged in the knob doesn't stay down and when you plug the toaster in you need to push the knob down again. Finally got my toast. Went in the silverware drawer to pull out a knife and grabbed a fork instead. Finally got the sandwich made and enjoyed eating it when I could stop laughing at myself.

Now I catching up on the web and then I will be trying to get some stamping done.

Happy Stampin' everyone.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #2045
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Robyn I was laughing so hard at your story!!! I have done that very thing!!!

My dork story for this morning was making pancakes for the girls for breakfast only to wash dishes and find that the metal cup measure I used for the pancake mix fits exactly into my drain when the water swirls out, blocking it quite effectively and having no lip, almost impossible to extract!

My house story now . . .

Our potential buyer needs more time, how much yet we don't know but possibly another month to six weeks.

The house we made an offer on just appraised out at 12k below our offer BUT we have no appraisal contingency. We have to be creative about this now.

Now I'm going to read about what you all have been doing.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #2046
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, I think you should go for pink or blue or a livelyl combination of both, on your head. That would energize the Zumba class for sure and many other places as well!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #2047
Stazon Splitcoast

Pink and blue would also go well for the Moms4moms meetings! They are baby colors you know!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #2048
Pearl-ExPert

Evenin' girls.

Traci, my baking this weekend was just because. I had a couple of bananas that needed to be used or tossed for the squirrels, so I baked. Then decided pumpkin bread would be good too so did that. Promised my confirmation kids some chocolate chip cookies last week so really need to do those tonight and read up on the lessons for classes tomorrow & Thursday. Just been having a challenge keeping a focus to do some of what needs to be done.

Leona, sorry about the OT. Talk about inconsiderate! ARGH!

PS, I certainly hope the house stuff gets righted soon. I'm at a loss for words on it. UGH!

Hi to everyone esle, I would stay on & chat more, but need to get my tushy in gear and get prepped for classes and get chocolate chip cookies ready to go in the oven.

TTYL!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #2049
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you are super busy Grace!

Peggysue, I'm sorry the house stuff isn't going smoothly for you. What a bummer! I ope and pray for the best for you!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #2050
Duchess of Dork

Just breezing through & thought Grace made squirrel with pumpkin. LOL!

PS wish I had a buyer for you. Hope this turns around quickly, but mostly for God to give you the endurance for this trial.

Glad for all the happy things today. Gotta post to Robyn's story separately.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #2051
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Hugs to everyone still going through issues. Pray that they will soon all be settled and you can move on to the next phase in your life.

Had a very dork morning. Decided it was time for lunch and that I would make myself a PB&J on toast. Pulled out the toaster and put 2 slices of bread in and pushed the knob. Stood there for about 2 minutes and realized that I hadn't plugged in the toaster so I did that. After another 2 minutes I realized that when the toaster isn't plugged in the knob doesn't stay down and when you plug the toaster in you need to push the knob down again. Finally got my toast. Went in the silverware drawer to pull out a knife and grabbed a fork instead. Finally got the sandwich made and enjoyed eating it when I could stop laughing at myself.

Now I catching up on the web and then I will be trying to get some stamping done.

Happy Stampin' everyone.
LOL! That is hilarious. I'm glad you finally got your toast! Is it a common dork thing to realize you haven't plugged in, turned on, pressed enter, etc.? It makes for some fun stories, doesn't it?! YOu gave me a good chuckle!

Now my dork reading of your dork story. I thought it said, "Had a very dark morning." I thought, "Oh, no, poor Robyn! I wonder what bad thing has happened?" I'm so glad it was a DORK morning & not DARK!

Speaking of dark vs. dork, any news on the job front? Have I missed something? I'm not here often, so don't always keep up like I'd like. Hope you are able to enjoy the time you do have unemployed. If that makes sense!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 AM   #2052
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

I was able to get DH's ears irrigated last night. He had some impacted wax which needed to be cleaned out before his hearing test on the 14th.

Robyn, that was a GREAT dork story!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #2053
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Girls.

Didn't bake cookies last night, decided to take the other loaf of pumpkin bread instead. Did read through my lesson for tonight, now to finish thinking it through.

Karen, glad you were able to help dh with the wax stuff in his ears.

I think John may need that too, unless his has been selective hearing lately.

Lori, that would bee too funny making a squirrel out of pumpkin... hmmm wonder if there is a cake or jello mold for that? LOL!

Everyone have a great day... I"m heading for a long and super busy one. Finishing up an auditors project with my boss, Craig, and have buyers stuff on the agenda today too. I can already hear Craig calling my name and handing me stuff to update with the information I didn't have previously... At least I won't be bored!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:22 AM   #2054
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Who knew PB & J could be so fun! LOL

Have fun a Zumba Traci, I hear it's a blast. My dd does it at college, wish we had it here.

Hey girls, if any of you have Greeting Farm stamps they have a call up for cards for them to display at events. For each card they ask for you get to choose a stamp. Wish I had some to submit.

My family drama could be a MTV show it's that bad! My cousin who had a dd still in HS has aloud her the dd's boyfriend to move in. And they think this is totally normal, to the point my aunt is buying them stuff for their own place. Is this not crazy???? or is it just me that thinks we need to be teaching our kids better!?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #2055
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
ENABLER ALERT! Lots of SU clearance...Great prices!

Stampin' Up! Online Ordering
thanks Laurie
Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #2056
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry Leona. I did good though. I only spent like $20.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #2057
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Good morning, Dorkies!

I was able to get DH's ears irrigated last night. He had some impacted wax which needed to be cleaned out before his hearing test on the 14th.

What?!?!?!? Sorry, couldn't hear you!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #2058
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post

Have fun a Zumba Traci, I hear it's a blast. My dd does it at college, wish we had it here.

Hey girls, if any of you have Greeting Farm stamps they have a call up for cards for them to display at events. For each card they ask for you get to choose a stamp. Wish I had some to submit.

My family drama could be a MTV show it's that bad! My cousin who had a dd still in HS has aloud her the dd's boyfriend to move in. And they think this is totally normal, to the point my aunt is buying them stuff for their own place. Is this not crazy???? or is it just me that thinks we need to be teaching our kids better!?
Joyce, I think its crazy, I'm right there with you.

And Laurie, good job on the self control!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #2059
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks! I just got some retired cardstock and brads and ribbon. Yeah!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #2060
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I can't find a piece to my tripod. I've cleaned the closet it is kept in and still can't find it. I've cleaned our junk drawers in the kitchen and still can't find it. Where could it be????? I really need it......if you find it can you give me a hint where it is????
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #2061
Stazon Splitcoast

Is it in the car??? Under the seat? I've had a lot of clients find missing stuff there.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #2062
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, if I come over and find it, will you come over here and find the entire paper pack I swore I ordered in SU of the cherry cobbler? I still haven't been able to find that, and my room is not messy. And I really want to stamp with it, I finally got the ink pad to go with the paper, now can't find the paper! Hope you find your camera tripod thing.

Well, I didn't make it to Zumba...and my hair is still bugging me. Lots of news in my world, huh? I saw a lady with bright pink hair (just the top) as she was driving along in her automobile, and was suprised that people do actually make their hair that color on purpose!!

I did stamp yesterday finally and uploaded my card.

Laurie, I called my demo, she didn't send this list, so asked her if she can take an order before the stamp club so I can get it sooner than the end of the month. And then I'll probably order some cherry cobbler paper too! Glad you got some goodies. I hear they all do sell out fast!

It's a beautiful day here, blue skies and sunshine but not so hot! Yay for fall!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #2063
Stazon Splitcoast

It's a beautiful day here too Traci. Even though I am inside looking out...I appreciate that I can see it.

Cherry Cobbler is probably one of my very favorite new colors that SU came out with. I just LOVE it!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #2064
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Joyce, your tripod piece is hanging out with my Eunice stamp and Traci's cherry cobbler paper. They are having a party and giggling at us running around trying to find them. Dang! It's so not fair that they are good at playing hide-n-seek.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #2065
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, do you think she died her hair pink for Breast Cancer Awareness???

My package of Soft Subtles brads is with the Eunice stamp, cardstock and tripod piece.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #2066
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know if it was for Breast Cancer Awareness, but that could be, Laurie!
I made a card for the Flourishes challenge which was tied into the Hope You can cling To here on SCS...it's a daily challenge. I can not keep up with that, though. They will have a whole bunch of cards since it goes the entire month and it all goes to one facility!!

Karen, I laughed at your comment! Yes, these things are all animated you know. I'm going to go look at my red folders ( I have PTI, retired, and SU reds) and make sure it isn't there ONE LAST TIME!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #2067
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a reply all written and now its gone! Argh!

Traci, I'm surprised you didn't dye your hair cherry cobbler red. You know when you'll find the paper pack -- as soon as you place an order for a new one, so you'd better order soon so you can start stamping!!

Its a beautiful day here too, got into the 7os.

Guess what!?!?!? I won some blog candy! I won a little cotton rabbit from a blog I follow by a lady in England who knits these cute bunnies and other animals and sells them to help support her family. They always sell like hotcakes, I've tried bidding many times and never get one, but for her blogaversary she gave one away and out of over 7oo comments random.org picked mine!!!! I'm so excited!!! A cute little bunny!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #2068
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I can't find a piece to my tripod. I've cleaned the closet it is kept in and still can't find it. I've cleaned our junk drawers in the kitchen and still can't find it. Where could it be????? I really need it......if you find it can you give me a hint where it is????
In the oven . . . under the bed . . . a bathroom cupboard . . . top shelf in the master bedroom closet . . . with Ash at school!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #2069
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Is it in the car??? Under the seat? I've had a lot of clients find missing stuff there.
Which is better than finding a lot of missing clients there! LOL!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #2070
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Traci, do you think she died her hair pink for Breast Cancer Awareness???

My package of Soft Subtles brads is with the Eunice stamp, cardstock and tripod piece.
Laurie, I thought the same thing about the pink hair. In Houston when we stopped at the Archivers (way cool, by the way), the crop night was apparently a Breast Cancer support night. SEveral ladies had on Race for the Cure shirts & pink wigs. How perfect that we were there (it was Kathy & I) then. At one point we really wanted a certain paper pad. There had been 3 but when we went back they were gone. I told Kathy, "You need to go back to the crop room, take off your hat & make them feel sorry for you til they give the pads back." LOL! Craziest thing, as we were leaving, we saw a lady we'd chatted with on the other side of the store. She was holding all 3 pads, but had an uncertain look on her face. Kathy was joking & said, "You weren't about to put those back were you?" Turns out she DID give us 2 of them (which we promptly bought, well, Kathy did, she spoiled me with some fun stuff that night). Isn't that the coolest thing?

Well, along with Traci's paper, Joyce's tripod piece, Karen's Eunice & Laurie's pack of soft subtle brads, I suspect 1/2 my belongings & my brain are hiding. And I typed soft subtle brains at first.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #2071
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Joyce, your tripod piece is hanging out with my Eunice stamp and Traci's cherry cobbler paper. They are having a party and giggling at us running around trying to find them. Dang! It's so not fair that they are good at playing hide-n-seek.
I want to know if Eunice's hubby is having a party while she's out running around with those other things!

To clean out the wax in ears do you just use a store bought water bulb thingy? I know you are not only the dork queen, but the queen of ears, too! Do tell!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #2072
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I had a reply all written and now its gone! Argh!

Traci, I'm surprised you didn't dye your hair cherry cobbler red. You know when you'll find the paper pack -- as soon as you place an order for a new one, so you'd better order soon so you can start stamping!!

Its a beautiful day here too, got into the 7os.

Guess what!?!?!? I won some blog candy! I won a little cotton rabbit from a blog I follow by a lady in England who knits these cute bunnies and other animals and sells them to help support her family. They always sell like hotcakes, I've tried bidding many times and never get one, but for her blogaversary she gave one away and out of over 7oo comments random.org picked mine!!!! I'm so excited!!! A cute little bunny!!!
Oh, PS that is so cool! Isn't it fun winning something! Congrats!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #2073
Duchess of Dork

Well, today, guess what I did? NOTHING. Well, I did do some schoolwork with Natalie & had Bethany do her Spanish homework. I cut out something, I think. But mostly I laid on the couch & in bed. I took flexeril last night for my muscle aches & have been groggy all day. Plus allergies are really getting to me. Not good to do naught when one ought to do work. That's almost Seussy. Almost.

Now to go serve the family dinner. But not Natalie. She's not naughty Nat, she's at Bible Study.

Night dearies!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #2074
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
Good morning ladies!! I am not happy with work. They told me last week that there would be no OT this week. Well that failed to fall through. We got an email telling us that we had to work 8 hours on Sat. I took Friday off and told them I had weekend plans this weekend and next weekend so I could not work. So now I have to do those hours before Friday - so 4 10 hours for me
Oh, that stinks!!! I know I would be upset too! Grrrrrr.....

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #2075
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post

Happy Stampin' everyone.
Oh, Robyn, that is too funny! What a riot. I can just see it happening!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #2076
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Oh Robyn I was laughing so hard at your story!!! I have done that very thing!!!

My dork story for this morning was making pancakes for the girls for breakfast only to wash dishes and find that the metal cup measure I used for the pancake mix fits exactly into my drain when the water swirls out, blocking it quite effectively and having no lip, almost impossible to extract!

My house story now . . .

Our potential buyer needs more time, how much yet we don't know but possibly another month to six weeks.

The house we made an offer on just appraised out at 12k below our offer BUT we have no appraisal contingency. We have to be creative about this now.

Now I'm going to read about what you all have been doing.
What is an appraisal contingency? And why do the buyser for your house need more time? is something contingent on their current house? Ugh..the timing of all of this is madening!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #2077
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning, Dorkies!

How on earth do you irrigate an ear? Is it anything like irrigating a field? All I can picture in my head is a big combine of some sort sticking out of your dh's ear! Some picture!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #2078
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

No, it's not just you, Joyce! I agree. It's crazy, for sure! Not what we are teaching our boys!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #2079
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Joyce, if I come over and find it, will you come over here and find the entire paper pack I swore I ordered in SU of the cherry cobbler? I still haven't been able to find that, and my room is not messy. And I really want to stamp with it, I finally got the ink pad to go with the paper, now can't find the paper! Hope you find your camera tripod thing.

Well, I didn't make it to Zumba...and my hair is still bugging me. Lots of news in my world, huh? I saw a lady with bright pink hair (just the top) as she was driving along in her automobile, and was suprised that people do actually make their hair that color on purpose!!

I did stamp yesterday finally and uploaded my card.

Laurie, I called my demo, she didn't send this list, so asked her if she can take an order before the stamp club so I can get it sooner than the end of the month. And then I'll probably order some cherry cobbler paper too! Glad you got some goodies. I hear they all do sell out fast!

It's a beautiful day here, blue skies and sunshine but not so hot! Yay for fall!
Zumba is big here thought I"ve never been. It sounds good though....like it's a nice workout.

One of the parents at school has a nice bright red strip down her black hair. She actually looks pretty cute...sort of like the Abby girl on NCIS show but w/ red hair down the middle.....clown red. She has a funny different cut too.....shaved up the back and longer on top. She had it in pig tails the other day..just the top in pig tails cuz the rest is sshaved. Not my style but sort of looks cute on her.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #2080
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Beth!!

Keep forgetting to say, of course, Joyce, you are not alone in your thoughts with the living together and all, especially while a minor living at home. That is absolutely nuts!!!
I know a lot of parents out there are doing everything they can just to keep the peace in the household and prevent a runaway, but you have to stick to your beliefs and work to communicate with your children. Those parents need help, too!!