Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #2001
Gabfest Goddess

Boof

Happy Sat. gals! I apologize I just can't keep up with everything I am so out of the loop with you all. I hope your all doing good and know that I think of you!

Traci I did see about the scans praise god! That is fantastic news and I am relieved for you guys!

PS not sure what is going on with the house stuff but hooray!!

Laurie woo hooo about Chey glad their is no cancer!!!

This week has been CRAZY I had cleaning jobs to catch up on nice to have income coming in again since I didn't have as much the last 6 weeks. Busy with the farm. Spent one hole day dealing with more workcomp CRAP. Work comp will no longer pay for dh's doc. and he was supposed to have another surgery they denied it. Long story and I want to slap someone bad. Had some weird stuff happen at a job were I clean and spent the day going over stuff with the cops and security tapes. and my brother decided to come home so that meant getting two houses cleaned up good too. Just been nutso I hope next week is a little calmer! lol

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #2002
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Good Morning Ladies...

Holly - good to see you here today...glad that you are getting more cleaning jobs too

Traci - glad to hear that DH and DD are ok healthwise...as for haircolor, I would not be the one to ask...LOL...I have been using the same box color for a few years now...but do think that if I had the money, I would have some lowlights in my hair to make it a little brighter and shinier...

I had a "lightbulb moment" this morning as I was having my first cup of coffee...

My sister is teaching me how to be confrontational...in a nice way for me though...I have always been non-confrontational and now I am learning how to stand my ground without compromising too much...YIPPEE!!!

Happy World Card Making Day to you all...not sure what I am going to do today, my desk is a mess...

TTYL xoxoxo
Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #2003
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a fun weekend Laurie! I love decorating for Fall with pumpkins and corn stalks.

I wish we had a good weekend to go apple picking too, the other day my one daughter at college said she was craving an apple donut!

Traci, have a good trip to Denver.

Linda, it is true that while we perhaps don't need to be confrontational, that through you sister you're learning perhaps how to set healthy boundaries. Those are lessons I still don't have down!

Okay, got seriously chilled at DDs soccer game early this morning, but her team won! Now I need to have a cup of tea and do some housework.

Hope all have a good Saturday!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #2004
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick hello from me.....

Sounds like PS has found the Sam Hell part of life.....not hill! I'm so sorry, sweetie! Yup, Linda is right...we all know it could be worse but for you, right now, it totally stinkolas. Ugh....could it all be more frustrating???

Yup, people we love the most can hurt the most and I"m sorry for sisters and other family members that hurt you guys. That's just not right.

Pumpkins, and FALL.....YEAH!!!! It feels so good. We got some rain today. Cheese cake and yummy stuff. Karen, sorry about your cheese cake...I bet it still tasted good. Were you able to use it at all??

I just finished a job for a friend making 13 place setting cards for an engagement party dinner. They look so pretty. I was able to use the sleeves that the invitations came in and got two place setting cards out of each sleeve. That way the colors and all match the invitations. I used my just rite stampers and embossed the names then used the oval and scalloped oval to cut them out and layer them on the cards.

Now, to work on last minute stuff for the craft show next weekend. Doug is taking Ben to a friends to play games tonight and Sam and I are getting together with the friends wife and their younger kids to go do something fun.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day!!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #2005
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, totally forgot to say YEAH!!!! about the scans and results of dd's tests. That's a humongous praise!!!

Holly, glad you c ould stop in too. And poop on the stuff at work that caused you to have to call the cops...bad, bad, bad situation it sounds!

Im sure I'm forgetting other stuff.....so sorry.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #2006
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Lasagna is made and in the fridge. Just have to bake it later tonight for supper.

First pan of choc chip cookies is in the oven. They smell good. This recipe calls for a box of vanilla pudding mix.

In about an hour I can get to stamping! Yeah!

Holly, glad to see you stop in. Hope you don't overdo it! Take care! Miss ya!

Karen, let us know how the cheesecake turned out. I bet it was yummers!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #2007
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Happy card making day ladies!

I'm featured at The Nook this month

Now just going to stamp a few cards for some of todays challenges, then we are going back to the fair for dinner later.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #2008
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

I will Laurie, and by the way, I thought of you as I passed by Waukesha yesterday!

Joyce, congrats on the feature!!!

Traci, I am relieved to hear good news on all medical tests!!!

SIL and I were busy getting ready for the party. We are now just hanging out waiting for people to show.
Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #2009
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
I think I have the original Breadman and it is old...do you girls have that or which brand do you have and do you like it? I am thinking of replacing it...I bet it's at least 13 years old...and it only made small loaves which is probably good for just the two of us. But I went to read reviews, and even though they had newer machines that had many more options, there were complaints. But I think I'd like having the options.

I have Breadman that is 13 years old too! We got it as a wedding gift. Mine makes two sizes of bread 1 1/2 and 2 lbs. I usually do the 1 1/2 unless we are having company. I was going to ask for a new one for Christmas, but found the paddle for this one so that saves me a gift.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #2010
Hardware Hotshot

Beth- yeah on the cards

Laurie- lasagna, yum!

Traci- have fun at the salon! And PTL for clear scans!!! Yippee!!

Lori- Hi!! You are busy! but you see happy!!

Holly- Hi!

Joyce- Worchester is about 45min from my house.

Linda- at least you can see some positive from a negative situation.

Did some leaf raking this morning, went to Michael's and got some craft things for the kids to make for b-day gifts.

We are having steak, tomato and lemon kabobs for dinner. The steak has been marinating for a few hours.

I have two grocery store bags for DS' teacher.

Spent most of yesterday helping my friend unpack. Her family's house caught on fire about a week before Christmas last year and they finally moved back in last week. I did most of their youngest son's room. It was really, really fulfilling to be able to help. I think I enjoyed it more than she did!

Okay, gotta get DD up before she destroys her room.

Hugs!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #2011
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy WCMD. So nice to hear most everyone is finally hearing good news and having good days.

PS: my prayers are still with you that soon that things will work out and you can start doing the happy dance.

I had a WCMD gathering today for people to work on their own projects and had one 'old' friend and two 'new' friends show up. We had a great time visiting and getting to know one another. Did a little stamping but not as much as I had hoped. Projects for next weekend, so I'll have to work on them tomorrow. It was a very nice day.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #2012
Duchess of Dork

Made no cards today for WCMD, but I went to JoAnn's & walked through the papercraft section. Does that count?

Is everyone getting cool weather? It did cool down this week & we've not been in the 90's since last week, I guess. It's always nice when the temps drop below 90 for the high. Still have to run the a/c. Allergens are too bad to keep windows open & 80's are too high for me to not have the air on.

Phil wants to go to 6 flags tomorrow, so I'll take a break from this sewing. He wants to skip church so we can spend more time out, so I'll try to go to online church Monday night. My nephew is the "Social Media" pastor, which is funny as it requires no actual social skills in person, I guess. Social media simply means computerized chatting, I think, like SCS. Anyway, Nils is the one who got CBC online up & running & I guess runs it still. He'd love to have viewers join in sometime from all over the world. He's keeping a big map up & putting pins in with where viewers are from.

I've been cutting fabric and cutting fabric & cutting fabric. I FINALLY tried to streamline what I'm doing & separated fabric for potato baking bags, pot holders (about 3 types), and purses/totes (which are many types, mainly so I have samples & variety for the fairs). Oh, also a few table runners and casserole carriers. Not making too many of either of those. They are bigger & take more time/fabric, so want to see how they do before making more. Things that sew up faster are the ones I want to get done now. I need to write out my work schedule so I can be on target to be finished making things & starting to package them by next Wed. the 13th. I plan to drive to Houston for Kathy's "ringing the bell" at the end of chemo on the 14th (more on what that is another day), assuming her blood counts are up. Then on Friday the 15th I will pack it all up & load it into the van when Phil gets home. Phew.

Holly, thank you for my happy mail!

Hugs gals!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #2013
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Lori, yes we have cooler temps. We had a frost advisory last night. I think you probably did not.

I have little on my sticky note list of things to do today. One load of laundry, put up my corn stalks and scarecrows, and make more cards. My scarecrows are hiding in the basement, and Tom "thinks" he knows where they are. That's the only reason it didn't get done yesterday. He came home from work just exhausted.

I had a snafu with the wedding cards I was making for church. I got frustrated. I said I wasn't gonna make them. Then I took a nap. I woke with a terrible headache but inspiration for the cards. I have been hoarding my DSP. I found some in Basic Gray. My cards were to be black and white (elegant). Well, it turned out JUST FINE! I didn't have to scrap the project. Thank God for Plan B!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #2014
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls.
DH and I walked around the historic district in town today, then had a late lunch at the diner. Now just chillin for the afternoon.

Have fun at six flags Lori.

Those with a cricut, cricut is starting a new magazine. You may want to check it out.

Have a fun party Beth. I guess I missed the reason for the party.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #2015
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

I woke up in the worst mood, I just almost lost it this morning, because after five times of trying my Keurig and having water and grounds flood my counter, I finally figured out I was missing a piece. It didn't help that yesterday the salon guy made my hair way too red/orange when he left the color on too long. Normally I am not particularly vain, but this morning it was all a bit much. Then I went to church and really put it into perspective. Then I had a doughnut and that always soothes my mood.
I am going to have to contact my hair gal here in town and see if she can fix it. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I'm not going to try it myself.
The good news...DD and I had a nice time together and I rarely see her, so it was all worth it. Daisy is looking good too!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Joyce, lunch sounds so nice, and Laurie, oh, I would love some lasagna for dinner. You're becoming quite the cook.
Glad you could fix the snafu with the cards, too!

Wendy, that was such a blessing for your friend, I still remember when people came over on moving day and helped me unpack my kitchen!! I'm glad you had a good time doing it too!!

OK, going to get outside and enjoy this beautiful fall day with a walk!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #2016
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Girls!

Traci, sorry about the color issues, glad you had a good time with dd.

Just a quick boof, I finally uploaded a couple of cards to my gallery for the first time in months! Had a couple of snafus uploading as I had them too big and had to re-size.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Trying to chill and stay out of the 'city' until I have to go to work tomorrow. Been running so much in the last few weeks, it is really great just staying home and getting time to play.

TTYL!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #2017
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Good morning.

Lori, yes we have cooler temps. We had a frost advisory last night. I think you probably did not.

I have little on my sticky note list of things to do today. One load of laundry, put up my corn stalks and scarecrows, and make more cards. My scarecrows are hiding in the basement, and Tom "thinks" he knows where they are. That's the only reason it didn't get done yesterday. He came home from work just exhausted.

I had a snafu with the wedding cards I was making for church. I got frustrated. I said I wasn't gonna make them. Then I took a nap. I woke with a terrible headache but inspiration for the cards. I have been hoarding my DSP. I found some in Basic Gray. My cards were to be black and white (elegant). Well, it turned out JUST FINE! I didn't have to scrap the project. Thank God for Plan B!
That part in red made me laugh right out loud! LOL! LIterally! No, we probably did not & won't til AT LEAST the end of November & more likely Dec. or January. However, it was gorgeous today. I had a brainstorm & decided to make myself a schedule on my phone (since I had neither paper nor pen with me). I have no clue how to get it from my phone to computer other than typing it out, but I think I can recall much of it now.

So glad you had a brainstorm, too. Yea on not scrapping the project!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #2018
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi girls.
DH and I walked around the historic district in town today, then had a late lunch at the diner. Now just chillin for the afternoon.

Have fun at six flags Lori.

Those with a cricut, cricut is starting a new magazine. You may want to check it out.

Have a fun party Beth. I guess I missed the reason for the party.

Have a great day everyone!
Sounds like you had a nice day. How is dd's friend in the hospital doing?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #2019
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
I woke up in the worst mood, I just almost lost it this morning, because after five times of trying my Keurig and having water and grounds flood my counter, I finally figured out I was missing a piece. It didn't help that yesterday the salon guy made my hair way too red/orange when he left the color on too long. Normally I am not particularly vain, but this morning it was all a bit much. Then I went to church and really put it into perspective. Then I had a doughnut and that always soothes my mood.
I am going to have to contact my hair gal here in town and see if she can fix it. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I'm not going to try it myself.
The good news...DD and I had a nice time together and I rarely see her, so it was all worth it. Daisy is looking good too!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Joyce, lunch sounds so nice, and Laurie, oh, I would love some lasagna for dinner. You're becoming quite the cook.
Glad you could fix the snafu with the cards, too!

Wendy, that was such a blessing for your friend, I still remember when people came over on moving day and helped me unpack my kitchen!! I'm glad you had a good time doing it too!!

OK, going to get outside and enjoy this beautiful fall day with a walk!
So sorry about the icky morning. Mom says people have days like that, even in Australia. Hope your hairdresser can help you. Did I tell you about when my bleach blond SIL dyed her hair black to audition for the part of Maria in West Side Story? She's done a LOT of musicals in Houston, some of them pretty big productions with local companies. Anyway, she tried to bleach it back to blond & got GREEN hair! To make it worse, she was singing a solo at church on Sunday & it was televised. She pulled it back in a TIGHT bun so it wasn't as visible. I saw the recording of it & couldn't tell, so it must have been that swimming pool type green hair that blonds get.

Glad your day turned out okay. I want to go to online church tomorrow night since we missed today. I love real church, but will take the lesson from online on weeks like this.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #2020
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Hi Girls!

Traci, sorry about the color issues, glad you had a good time with dd.

Just a quick boof, I finally uploaded a couple of cards to my gallery for the first time in months! Had a couple of snafus uploading as I had them too big and had to re-size.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Trying to chill and stay out of the 'city' until I have to go to work tomorrow. Been running so much in the last few weeks, it is really great just staying home and getting time to play.

TTYL!
Hope one day I can go into y'all's galleries. Hmmm, can you say "y'all's"? LOL! Hope you had a restful weekend. Do you work in Chicago, the big city? Or a different one near you?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #2021
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, dorkies!

Traci, sorry about the hair. I hope you get it fixed soon. and yay about meeting with your daughter!

Laurie, glad you got the card figured out.

Joyce, yay for getting some time with hubby and walking around town.

P.S., are you still breathing? Did someone accidently pack you into a box?

Grace, I will try to remember to check out your blog or gallery.

Wendy, thanks for helping your friend. I bet she enjoyed the help!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #2022
Watercolor Wizard

Reminder:

It's Leona's birthday this week!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #2023
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Hope one day I can go into y'all's galleries. Hmmm, can you say "y'all's"? LOL! Hope you had a restful weekend. Do you work in Chicago, the big city? Or a different one near you?
Lori, no I don't work there, I work in Champaign, which has fast been becoming a smaller version of Chicago, IMHO. It has changed a lot in the last 20+ years and most of it not for the better and so glad we don't live there anymore.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #2024
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Only partial day for me today, have schtuff scheduled this afternoon outside of work. Hope to get home much earlier than usual. Actually did some baking yesterday. Made a banana cake and some pumpkin bread. My first official baking done in a gas vs. electric oven! Came out good. The big test will be the cookies I am planning on doing this afternoon when I get home. Hope I don't burn any chocolate chips!

TTYL!!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #2025
Gabfest Goddess

Boof

Busy weekend our bestman got married in Mexico they came home for a wedding reception this weekend. Yesterday day had a horrible migraine and had more hand prints on the glass at our job. So today I am off to view more video tape, deal with work comp stuff and lawyers and try to get my halloween kit wrapped up so I can post to my blog. Jobs lined up for the rest of the week. Getting stuff lined up for this weekend at the farm have to preg check cows and give shots. Ughh craziness and I thought this week would be calm.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #2026
Gabfest Goddess

Hope you all have a great monday!!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, at least you have a plan. That's half the battle!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #2028
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindam530 View Post
Leona - what kind of donations are you looking for?
I am looking for handstamped items on here and anything in general. We have gotten tickets, gift cards and baskets for the auction.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2029
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Morning girls! Just checking in here...
Lori, so glad you had a good time yesterday and figured out some sort of way to schedule your time for all your projects. Like Laurie said, having a plan is half the battle!
Which craft fairs are you doing?

Holly, thank you for the pretty card!! Sounds like your hand must be alright to do all you are doing! Glad to see you bop in, too.

Leona, will mail your cards today. I gave Mothermark your address.

Grace, it's about time you got to stay home and bake and do all those relaxing at home things. I am glad you're not in the city anymore either...and hope you have fun making your new home all cozy! I have always wanted a gas cooktop, not sure if that's the same as a gas stove for baking, though.

Going to get those mailed out and maybe stamp today. Didn't have much free time over the weekend, had church yesterday, then dinner to make and deliver along with a couple of errands. I don't like to leave DH at night to stamp when he's here, (even if it is just upstairs)... so no stamping over the weekend, which is fine!

Hi to all you lovely gals, I'll check in later!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #2030
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Thank you Traci!!

It was a very busy weekend with party/benefit shopping and then overtime, plus getting the house ready to have people here - What did I get myself into???
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #2031
Proud Fan Club Member

Tracy, I always color my hair myself because they always do that to me. My hair picks up red so easy and I always tell them that. They just never listen. So I do it myself for a fifth of the cost. Hope you get it back to normal, I guess this different isn't what you were going for!? and yuck for coffee messes.

Lori, he is out of the hospital but still has the jaw wired shut. Ashlyn went and picked him up last night and brought him here a while. He's getting cabin fever not being able to drive yet. He still doesn't remember much of anything. But looks really good, much better than what I expected. they did the facial surger from under his upper lip so most of the scars are invisible. He has metal plates in both cheeks, and his nose looks great. Although he thinks it's crooked. I think if they did it anymor perfect he would start to look like Michael Jackson. Thanks for asking. He goes to get the wires cut and xrays next Wednesday. He is hoping it is healed enough that they will leave them out.

Sound like an awful busy week Holly. Good luck with all of that.

Grace, yeah for a half day. Anything fun planned?

Helping my cousins daughter do wedding favors this week, shoule be a fun trip to Michaels tomorrow.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #2032
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls,

Joyce, glad to hear that Ashlyn's friend is doing better and sounds well on the road to recovery. Had a meeting at Church with Marc, our director of religious education to clarify some stuff for my confirmation class and got the books I need for my new students. Came home and WALKED down the street to the post office and checked out a small crafty type store here in town. Was great! Am planning on coloring some stuff this afternoon yet and may bake cookies this eve. DH is doing BBQ chicken on the grill right now. I think we are going to take the dogs for a walk to the small forest preserve park at the edge of town later. It's a beautiful spot.

TTYL!

Last edited by katlady2; 10-04-2010 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: because I can't spell or type!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #2033
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, it sounds like you are having a very nice day. I am SO happy for you!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #2034
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a nice day Grace.

We have a delay on our end with the sale of the house again. No news right now. We MIGHT close in November now? Possibly? But no one can say . . .

I guess this is a good thing in disguise because it gives us more garbage days to throw things away. We will delay our trip to visit Jeff's sister. I don't know if we'll be able to keep the house we bid on in Michigan, we might lose it. I don't know . . . can you tell I don't know and I'm confused right now? We're sort of starting over. Yikes.

I am glad I didn't pack away all my stamping stuff yet, but I wish I still had the stamps I already DID pack away.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #2035
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh geeesh PS, that stinks you will loose the other house but hope it still goes through for you. But moving over the holdiays doesn't sound fun either.

Grace, sounds like a nice day.

Friends came over for dinner.....well a friend and he brought his new friend who is only 25, it was the most awkward dinner in a long time. This man is just lookin for love in all the wrong places. He is my age, and just doesn't get that he is a sugar daddy to this girl. But anyway....

Gonna watch Mike and Molly, have a great evening.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #2036
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Traci, sorry for the hair color. That's just disappointing but Lori's story of her sil cracked me up. I guess it would have been okay if she was singing on Saint Patrick's Day Sunday! LOL!

Lori, glad you got to go to Six Flags again. That's so fun adn I'm glad you guys can do that.

Lori, did you check out facebook yet in your message box? So, girls, this is so wierd!!! My sister has a friend who sells Pampered Chef. I'm having this open house in Dec with some different vendors....tupperware, all my stuff, jewerly, discovery toys, etc.....and this friend of my sisters is doing some PC stuff. So, this friend and I hook up on Facebook and she see's Lori's name/pic on my facebook page as her being a friend. She wondered how in the world did Lori and I know each other when she and I knew each other too. I guess she and Lori met on a PC site and met at a convention. Isn't that such a small strange word thing?

Lasagna sounds yummers too. I picked up a frozen one at the store this weekend.

Leona, hope the Birthday Week goes very well!!!!

Hi to everyone else that stopped by. I forget stuff so quickly....grrrr.....me needs a new brain me thinks!

Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #2037
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, PS..that stinks! I'm so sorry!!!! Hope the house in Mich. will be there when you need it. Ugh...wish I could make it all better for you.

Joyce, that sounds like a wierd dinner too. I can see how that would be sooo strange.

Grace, a nice walk sounds good. It's been nice here too. A big cool today but feels really good.

Ahh, yeah, Joyce, so glad to hear that Ash's friend is doing better. That kid is so stinkin lucky!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #2038
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Beth, your story shows how small of a world this really is!

PS, sorry to hear about the unknowing of the houses. GRR!

All day long yesterday I kept reminding myself to call my nephew for his birthday and I still forgot to call. GRR!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #2039
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies!! I am not happy with work. They told me last week that there would be no OT this week. Well that failed to fall through. We got an email telling us that we had to work 8 hours on Sat. I took Friday off and told them I had weekend plans this weekend and next weekend so I could not work. So now I have to do those hours before Friday - so 4 10 hours for me
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #2040
Duchess of Dork

Morning! Co-op morning, so have to be brief. Hope you all have a great day. HOPE I can pop on later today. If I had free internet on my phone & had a keyboard I could use easily I'd chat during my off time at co-op. Alas, I am techno-deficient outside this house! LOL!

Hugs, Lori