Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #1761
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

I must have missed that Leona needs the frying pan??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #1762
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Tuesday Dork's.

Traci: Ugh with the phone calls. Maybe you need to call the bank and talk with the manager about them.

Laurie: Happy Dance for Chey. Money was not wasted. Nothing found means you don't have to wonder if there is something there and peace of mind is priceless.

PS: Prayers and Hugs that everything works out on the house. Seems as though there is always a hitch when buying or selling a house.

Karen: Congrats on the yarn. Your talking about knitting got me interested in crocheting again. I am currently working on 4 projects. When I was out running around doing errands last week, I came across a little yarn shop and decided to stop in. Happy mistake...spent too much on beautiful yarn, but enjoying working the projects. Ladies are so nice and helpful. They have a nice area for people to sit and work on their projects and visit. They also give lessons. I'll have to find some time to do that.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #1763
Hardware Hotshot

Hello!

Beth- Stinky on the driving classes? Will taking those get the ticket off your driving record?

Laurie- So happy to hear about Chey! That must be such a relief!

Traci- We are supposed to have warm weather too this week. Will try to take the kids to the park after school today though DD is still not asleep!

Did a little stamping yesterday. Made a baby card, but as usual, I needed it asap so I didn't have time to take a picture of it.

I put DS' train table on Craig's List and had 6 e-mails for it. Hopefully the lady is coming tonight to get it. Then we'll be back on looking for a desk for DS. I am also going to sell DS' nursery set- blankets, crib bumper, pillows, lamp, wall hangings. Hopefully I can get around $50 for those. That should just about give us enough to get a small student desk for him.

Picked up some clothes for DD today at Marshall's- two super cute sweater dresses. I also picked up a DCWV alphabet stack of small papers for only $2. Have a plan to use that for Christmas gifts this year. Also picked up a brown leather journal for $4 to write letters/notes to DS in it. I want to start writing things down for him and then give it to him when he grows up- maybe college age. I might only actually get a few things written, but at least it is better than nothing.

Biggest Loser starts tonight. I will probably DVR it.

Okay, I think I'm gonna leave early to pick up DS and hopefully DD will fall asleep on the way. I hear her in her room opening drawers... this can't be good.

Hugs!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #1764
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Hi Ladies - I wont using the frying pan yet - but Karen I will keep that in mind.

He did suggest that I go back to school next fall for cullinary - since I already have the business degree - he wants me to get into baking for money We will see.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #1765
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Leona, would you both be going to school at the same time then?
Operation Write Home
Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #1766
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hey girls!

Moms4Moms went really well, got to hold a 3 month old baby boy, so sweet and so little!! The main presentation was on creating a home that is full of beauty and order and peace...ahh...and one of the ladies did a presentation on decorating furniture, (painting) which is right up my alley!

Going to make black bean chili for husband tonight, found no salt black beans and corn, so I'm set.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #1767
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, not the train table! Those are so cute, waaah. But a desk would help him more as he gets older, you're right.

Grace, how was your day?

Leona glad to see you pop in even if it is only to borrow heavy, cast iron kitchen utensils.

boofing!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #1768
Pearl-ExPert

Evenin' girls.

PS, day wasn't too bad until I tried to leave work. "tried" being the operative word! Went to my car and nada. darn thing wouldn't start. Had to call dh & dd called James to come give me a jump. didn't work. fortunately it ended ok as he had a battery that he installed for me to get home. a bit too big but ok for tonight. Am really tired right now and headachy, from the weather I think, but hope to relax soon.

Have a busy few days ahead so may not be on much or if I am may not do much commenting. Prayers on some decisions I have to make would be appreciated. I just need divine guidance and wisdom to make the right choices.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #1769
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, hope you get some rest and that headache goes away....that stinks.

Traci, glad M4M went well today. That's so sweet about the baby. I do miss that about my daycare, that's for sure.

Had doggie class tonight. Came home and she had kicked the tray out of the bottom of her crate because I left the latch thing down the other night when we cleaned it out. She chewed part of the side of the tray, then managed to get at the rug that was in front of the sliding door (it was partially under her crate and when she pushed the tray out (it slides in and out of the bottom of her crate for easy cleaning) the rug was there and she pulled it in and chewed it to shreds. Crazy mutt. But she did great in hear class tonight. Ben and Doug did it all which was a nice break for me. Sam and I sat and watched.

Okay gotta get the boys to bed. And I have a SU order to sort and Biggest Loser starts tonight....tata.

Oh, Wendy, that class takes 4 points off my driving record. So, taht's good.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #1770
Hardware Hotshot

Grace- sorry about the car. Bummer.

Beth- good about the class. bad about the dog.

Traci- the Moms class sounds like something I need to go to! HA!

Gonna go take a shower and then watch BL. I have been listening/watching a virtual conference on Tuesday nights for pastor's wives, not meaning they have multiple wives. Maybe I should say for women who are married to pastors?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #1771
Stazon Splitcoast

WEndy, that's funny abou the pastor's wives...ha! I'm watching Biggest Loser too...and eating ice cream! Ha!

Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #1772
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Beth, glad you are supporting Biggest Loser!!! BWAHAHA!
Wendy, when did you and hubby become mormons? BWHAHA!

I was so tired last night I put myself in a time out for the rest of the evening so I wouldn't snap at anyone. I watched TV by myself in the living room and then locked myself into the bedroom to read. If I would have left the door unlocked DS3 would have been in and out of the room annoying me.
Dinner was good at Culver's. I got a Concrete Mixer for dessert, but again I was so tired I wasn't much company.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #1773
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

LOL Karen, love that you can do that. I need a time out, wish someone would send me to my room with a book.

I'm reading the House of Night series now, just finished book 3. Very scifi, but I like that kinda thing.

Get this, my poor daughters friends are having an awful few weeks to say the least. Yesterday afternoon one of her friends was killed not a quarter mile from his home. He was with his Dad and brother and pulled out in front of a truck. The Dad and Brother are OK, but he passed away shortly after arriving at the hospital. Ash is again a mess, I was talking to her, or listening to her cry until 1am last night and she called this morning and is still crying. They only lived about a mile from us and he was 2 years younger so she would always pick him up for school and such. Facebook was so sad this morning I couldn't even read it. And the front page of the paper is awful. If you saw the vehicles you would wonder how anyone would survive. Ed is going to try to go and visit her at lunch, she just wants to come home. But again I don't think she needs to miss classes until the services and I'm sure they are just going to be planned today so they may not be until Friday/Saturday.

We supported biggest loser as well last night and had a Milk Shake from McD's.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #1774
Proud Fan Club Member

Traci, I bet the bank was calling because of abroad charges showing up on your account. Mine does that to confirm you were the one actuallly making the charges.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:37 AM   #1775
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, that is a lot for anyone to handle, but especially when they first leave home, my heart goes out to your daughter and friends. Ours just put a memorial pic on FB for the friend she lost her freshman year...it is sad and they don't forget, but I think she tries to honor the memory in a good way. I hope she can come home for a bit, it would probably do her heart good.

Well, the abroad charges haven't started yet, but that is a good thought. She won't be there until January.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #1776
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies.

I may try to stamp today, seem to have a real stamper's block lately, just too many things on my mind. I know we all go through that...and I certainly don't feel a need to force it, but I would like to at least get a few cards mailed out today!

That and cleaning and finding a good window washer. I can do the inside, but the outside and wells is hard with the high windows and my dislike of ladders.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, I think Joyce meant with your DH travels for work. Although maybe that is all on business accounts and not personal.
Operation Write Home
Old 09-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #1778
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, glad you got a time out last night and hope you slept and feel more energized today.

Wendy, do you have a support group for moms of preschoolers at your church? This one is better than any I attended when I was younger...I am so impressed with the program, the content, the depth of teaching and it is completely God-centered. The mentor mom is a great idea too, and of course, I'm benefitting by being there!! And they have a lot of fun and spur you to creativity...I love that!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #1779
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, duh...I get it Laurie!!
Yes, that would be a separate account...the calls have stopped. I need to ask DH to check and see if there is anything out of the ordinary on our account and tell him they've called over and over. Maybe he has an idea. Thanks so much!!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw this on FB and wanted to share, it was taken from a Unity Stamp blog:

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Most all of us have private little hurts that no one really knows about...things that we struggle with day after day...with a smile on our faces, doing our best to make the most of life, but with a tinge of pain that is almost always there. It is the human part of us.

Sometimes the hurts and the struggles are so big, so so big, and we do a really good job of covering them up and working through them, and inside we are weary and tired. Isn't this true, lovely friend? Sometimes we just want others to SEE so that we can stop making excuses for all of the things that we can not do.

The most important thing we can do, the most HEALING thing we can do is to recognize this pain in others, even when we have our own to deal with. Sometimes when someone seems grouchy, distant or irresponsible, it is because they are doing all that they can to hold everything together. Sometimes this is truer than true about our own selves.

We need to be kind, compassionate and patient with each other. We need to look past the way things may look on the outside and SEE the way things really are. We need to love each other in all of our frailness, in our weakness and in our "worst" moments....we need to do this for others, but we MOST OF ALL need to do this for ourselves.

You are doing enough. You are stronger and braver than you think you are. You are not alone in the way that you feel, each person beside you, in front of you and behind you is also working through something right now.

Be kind to YOU, be kind to others. We can do SO MUCH for each other.
xoxo
Old 09-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #1781
Proud Fan Club Member

I did Laurie. Did your husband use your personal account while he was traveling abroad? They may be checking to confirm it was him making those charges.

Isn't the study abroad program like an exchange program. I thought the costs were the same as if you were still at your school? Is that not correct?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #1782
Stazon Splitcoast

It is quite a bit more expensive...that is the one DD is doing...it is not an exchange program. She will not be staying with a host family. But I don't know how it compares to living in the dorm, since DD doesn't anymore.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #1783
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a buy one entree get one free with purchase of an appetizer at TGI Friday's coupon if you are interested...I will forward the email to you...
Operation Write Home
Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #1784
Watercolor Wizard

Laurie, send that coupon to me please!

Traci, thanks for that post. It is a good reminder.

Joyce, that is horrible news!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #1785
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Joyce, that is sooooo sad! I feel so bad for your daughter, she's having a rough time, and the poor family losing their son. How awful!

Still lining up professionals to do repairs. Be back when the house thing is finalized.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #1786
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I too am sorry about DD friend.
Operation Write Home
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #1787
Proud Fan Club Member

DH went to have lunch with her but just brought her home instead. She is going to go back in the morning for classes and then come home Friday afternoon for the service. They canceled all sports at the school this week. And they actually had a story on the local news tonight about it. Very sad. DH said she was doing good until they reached the spot in the road where the accident was. Then she lost it again. She is visiting with the first friend that had the accident, and then one of her class mates that is in the service came home today for the services as well so they are going to all get together. I offered to have something here for them all to get together.

I'm so ready for some good news!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #1788
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I'm glad she's coming home.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #1789
Gabfest Goddess

hi gals

still putzing along with my hand it's getting better but way to slow for me! lol

i could use prayers too my dad is not doing to good he got a fungus infection in his lungs again and some of the other tests he has had done this week didn't come back with good news.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 09-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #1790
Gabfest Goddess

laurie glad chey is ok!!

beth sorry i cracked up over the driving thing i think of old, old people having to do that but it does stink!

leona hang in there and i am thinking of you too hugs

joyce wow your poor daughter, having experienced a lot of death and tragedies at a young age i really feel for her it is so hard at that young age to go through all of that i am thinking and praying for her too

what else was i gonna say?

i don't know how much i will be on things are not good with my dad and i now will have more on my plate i'll try to pop in when i can. hugs, and prayers for everyone
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #1791
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, I am so sorry about your Dad. Sure wish there was some good news for him.
Operation Write Home
Old 09-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #1792
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
LOL Karen, love that you can do that. I need a time out, wish someone would send me to my room with a book.

I'm reading the House of Night series now, just finished book 3. Very scifi, but I like that kinda thing.

Get this, my poor daughters friends are having an awful few weeks to say the least. Yesterday afternoon one of her friends was killed not a quarter mile from his home. He was with his Dad and brother and pulled out in front of a truck. The Dad and Brother are OK, but he passed away shortly after arriving at the hospital. Ash is again a mess, I was talking to her, or listening to her cry until 1am last night and she called this morning and is still crying. They only lived about a mile from us and he was 2 years younger so she would always pick him up for school and such. Facebook was so sad this morning I couldn't even read it. And the front page of the paper is awful. If you saw the vehicles you would wonder how anyone would survive. Ed is going to try to go and visit her at lunch, she just wants to come home. But again I don't think she needs to miss classes until the services and I'm sure they are just going to be planned today so they may not be until Friday/Saturday.

We supported biggest loser as well last night and had a Milk Shake from McD's.
Oh, NO! That is so sad. Wow! Poor Ash and that poor family. So very sad!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #1793
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's some good news for ya!

I'm finished with my 2 summer classes and they are in order and ready to be mailed tomorrow!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #1794
Stazon Splitcoast

I have not supported Biggest Loser tonight! Ha! That was funny, Karen. I haven't had any night time snacks and just had dinner earlier and that's all.

Peggysue, are you feeling a little boxed in yet?? Praying it's all going smoothly for you.

Traci, hope you got to stamp today.

Laurie, how's Chey today?

Holly, so glad you checke din but bummer on the hand and so sorry about your dad. Hope things will perk up shortly.

How is everyone else doing??

I'm off to bed now....tired but I'm glad I stayed up and got those darned classes finished up, organized and ready to go tomorrow. I even still have 1 week before they are due! Yeahhhhh!!!

Night Peeps!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #1795
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Here's some good news for ya!

I'm finished with my 2 summer classes and they are in order and ready to be mailed tomorrow!!!!
Yipee!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #1796
Stazon Splitcoast

How do you spell yipee anyway? I need to google that.
That's great, Beth!!

Yes, I did stamp today, it was raining though, so will have to take pics tomorrow and blog it. I also ripped up a card I didn't like and salvaged part of it and remade it...so that felt good. Better than never sending it!!

Happy that tomorrow is the first day of Fall, but wondering where the time goes? I can't believe that we are this far into September!! Need to get something accomplished to mark the passing of time!

I think we're going to go up in the mountains to see the changing colors...haven't noticed it much in town, but I don't want to miss the Aspen in the mountains. So may do that this weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #1797
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Yippee for Beth! Way to go!

Traci, I bet you will have a beautiful drive.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #1798
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Beth that is great news! Yay for getting your classes done, and a week before schedule too!

Traci, enjoy the colors, I'm sure it will be a pretty drive. How is your daughter feeling?
How were the black beans for dinner the other night?

Looking fairly certain we will not close on October 1. Actually at this point we don't know if we will close at all. I'll keep you posted.

There is a lot going on and at the same time quite a few delays too hard to explain here, but we'll figure it all out.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:53 AM   #1799
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, CONGRATS!!!! What a relief! So proud of you!

Cheyenne is doing great. The Rimadyl really seems to be helping the lameness, and her sore from her surgery looks good. She gets the stitches out on October 2nd. Hopefully we will also have the biopsy report then.

I still have the cold that Tom shared with me. I slept the past two nights sitting up in my recliner so I could breathe. Probably a good idea huh?

Traci, enjoy the drive. The trees here are getting to be really pretty. I hope to stamp some fall cards again this weekend.
Operation Write Home
Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #1800
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no PS! I'm so sorry. That is so stressful!

Beth, so glad you are all finished. Yeah!

I rearranged furniture yesterday so today I'm taking it easy, waiting on a guy to get here to look at some antiques we are selling, and got sucked into a movie on FX. I really need to get some projects done for dt stuff. I just can't find the mojo. I need to do one lo and 4 cards by the end of the month. Ack!