Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Tomorrow will be better. I know what's on my list. Things are good at home. I just needed to tell him what was wrong so it doesn't happen again.
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Laurie, It sounds like your communication is much better...but I know I appreciate my quiet time too...but it gets a little lonely sometimes. Glad tomorrow will be better!!

I would like a cheesecake too...but instead I had nonfat vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and pretending...it is yummers!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

I like a certain amount of quiet time too . . . I can be very happy sitting with a cup of tea looking out the window or reading a book, stamping. And when I need to write something I need it absolutely quiet to concentrate, can't stand even having the TV on in another room, too distracting.

Cheesecake is safely in the freezer. We had roast chicken tonight for supper and now I need to think of a good recipe for the leftovers.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #124
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Laurie, It sounds like your communication is much better...but I know I appreciate my quiet time too...but it gets a little lonely sometimes. Glad tomorrow will be better!!

I would like a cheesecake too...but instead I had nonfat vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries and pretending...it is yummers!!
You are welcome to come on over!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #125
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I like a certain amount of quiet time too . . . I can be very happy sitting with a cup of tea looking out the window or reading a book, stamping. And when I need to write something I need it absolutely quiet to concentrate, can't stand even having the TV on in another room, too distracting.

Cheesecake is safely in the freezer. We had roast chicken tonight for supper and now I need to think of a good recipe for the leftovers.
Is it really safe??

Chicken soup, cheesey chicken veggie soup, casseroles, chicken fajitas, shredded chicken sandwiches, etc.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #126
Watercolor Wizard

Less than 100 posts until I hit 7,000.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Chicken pot pie, chicken salad, chicken tortilla soup...you must have a lot of chicken! Do you make two?

Ok, I made 2 cards today for 6 challenges, I am not going to be able to comment on all the cards, but there sure are some pretty ones!!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 AM   #128
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Where's Lori's end of the day post?? Hmmm....maybe Phil was parking the car in the garage.

I am hoping for a better day today. The end result of what happened yesterday changes my morning a bit and it will take me and the client awhile to adjust. A program I had set up for this client was taken away. At first he was taken away from me, but the unit director stepped in to make sure he can still see me, but what we were doing has to stop. It is nothing bad so don't think bad thoughts!!! I just can't go into specifics due to HPPA laws. It is out of my control which stinks and the matter in which it happened was very unprofessional. He's not going to understand what's going on. I warned staff that he might be extra cranky for a couple of weeks until he gets used to the change. So, in that vagueness I hope I conveyed enough so you know what happened yesterday.

Laurie, think positive thoughts!! "I LOVE the IRS, I LOVE the IRS" Breathe deeply....there, is that better?

PS, how are the assignments coming along?

Traci, I will have to go check out your cards. I couldn't stamp last night. I was too emotionally drained from the day.

Joyce, Pig Pig was picked up again. Let's see if he gets closer to you or further away!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #129
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hey girlies, I spoke with the lady from the college again today and she is relooking at more of our finances because of the difference in income because of the stroke. She was only able to come up with $2000. for the scholarships but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for prayers.

Traci, I hate dreams like that. I always have a guy dressed in black in my room. That is my normal scary dream.

Karen, You are so cool and collected, I would have freaked out and called the fire department to come and rescue me. LOL And I don't get along well with mice either.....
keeping fingers crossed for you!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #130
Gabfest Goddess

Karen sorry about your day. Drastic change isn't good. Hopefully it won't be too hard on your patient. I get very angry when they do changes with the Step BIL he doesn't understand why upset him when things go along good. So (((hugs)))

Laurie hope your day goes better too!

PS hope you don't have to come down to much.

Wendy your story cracked me up, I am sure though it was very scary! I would have been scared with the kids there.

Been a real dork lately if I do any more dorky things I am gonna be committed by dh. Snort. I was up at 4am this morning couldn't sleep. Will have to work in a nap sometime today. lol sound like a 2 year old don't I.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #131
Gabfest Goddess

PS!! I keep forgetting to say Thank You!!! Thank you for the card!!! I really needed that and it lifted my spirits up a lot so thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I loved your card!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #132
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
so DD opens up a NEW bottle of body splash and dumps it out on the bathrooom floor this morning. I wiped it up with a towel and put the towel in the dirty clothes sorter/hamper by the dryer. In about two minutes the carbon monoxide detector goes off. I grab the kids and we go outside. Then I realize that the detector is also a combustible gas detector and was less than a foot away from the towel soaked with flammable body splash. I put the towel outside and reset the detector. I kept the fans and the garage door open. Everything is fine, but it was a bit scarey!

DS asked for some scallions at the grocery store and was so lovey dovey until we got home. My BIL was here putting some sealer on the tile and DS threw a golf ball at him (in jest), but still. So he got time out plus some for hitting me. Ack!

Okay, gotta go b/c I'm pretty sure DD is making a mess. Bye!
yeah, so she climbed on to the desk and was taking out everything. it's a roll top so I got her off and closed the desk. i realized that the key was on the desk and so now DH's netbook is in there, locked up.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #133
Hardware Hotshot

Karen- hope today goes better at work and that the client will be able to handle it better than expected.

Traci- any luck with a kennel?

Holly- how is this week going?

Laurie- i hope you get things straightened out with Tom. Take care of the small issues so that they don't become big issues, right?

PS- I'm with you, i'm perfectly happy with just reading, stamping, in the quiet. DH and I both need alone time.

meeting up with some friends at the sprinkler park with the kids, well, just DD. DS is at summer camp.

tonight's dinner is "fried chicken" in the crockpot. My mom and step-dad sent us a new crock-pot with a programmable timer, a meat probe, and something else.

hugs to all.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 AM   #134
Watercolor Wizard

Wendy, at least now DD can't ruin DH's netbook!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Am enjoying reading about Wendy's retirement. Ah, those were the days, I remember them!

Two assignments are in process, i have to start another today. This one has a shorter word count, so hopefully it won't take too long. We also have to clean the house for a showing this afternoon.

Nothing happened from the ones on Sunday, we'll see if today we hear again, 'the price is too high.'
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #136
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! Didn't sleep well again...it seems to be my "new normal", but thankfully, no bad dreams such as Traci's!! Whew...Traci, that's a horrible dream, alright. Hugs there!

I've finally gotten caught up with everyone:

Karen...you are so caring with your patients! That man is lucky to have you around! And I'm so glad that you freed that little bird...birds seem so fragile and helpless and now I know what to do, should one fly in my house.

Lori, did you enjoy your week without the girls? Sounds like you sure got a lot of cleaning done...now make sure they keep it clean! LOL

Joyce, I hope that financial aid keeps coming. I know that we're up to our eyeballs in loans but it's our "new normal" there, too.

Laurie, Wendy is right...get the small things straightened out right away! Hugs! Hope Tom understands...And having some alone time is critical to every marriage, I think. Some days, I think I spend more time alone then anyone...but I'm not afraid to be alone and have come to embrace solitude. It gives me time to pause and talk to God more often....didn't mean to get all spiritual. Sorry.

Holly, so good to see you visiting 2 days in a row, girl! And it's okay to sound like a 2-year-old when it comes to naps. I'm partial to them, myself!

Wendy, your DS & DD stories are cracking me up...although I know that they aren't funny, especially the scary soaked towel and detector part...but little Bella sounds like a very exploring little gal! The bonus is that you'll lose some weight chasing after her inquisitions! LOL...Glad that you're finally home to enjoy your children...that is a blessing when you're able to do that.

PS, so so sorry that you've already had to lower your asking price 10k...that's a big disappointment, huh? I think that people are just looking for a deal today and have forgotten what the market used to be! I guess this is a preview of what's going to happen when we get Dad's house up for auction in the Fall...I'm not getting my hopes up for any high-end results.

Beffers, sounds like your vacation is going very well and you're enjoying the fam and doing some fun things! We miss you...but enjoy your stay.

Hello to all the missing dorks! Come back soon...we miss you!

I've got to get some laundry done this a.m...as I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow (follow-up on the bloodwork for liver enzyme check) and won't want to fool with it then, so I'm gonna scoot for now.

BBL
Old 07-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #137
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
I can make one for you, Joyce, when you hand deliver Pig Pig back to me!
Awesome idea! Hope it get's here soon!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #138
Stazon Splitcoast

My night ended with a virus on my computer. Seems to be fixed. Sure hope so.

Thank God it's a new day!

Linda, thank you!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #139
Proud Fan Club Member

PS, I make chicken enchiladas with leftovers here. You can make them with corn tortillas so you can enjoy them as well.

Wendy, I can't help but laugh when you check in. I hope you can have someone open the desk without having to damage it.

We are having Turkey artichoke manicotti for dinner. I had the turkey in the freezer but needed the extras. Ran to Wal Mart to pick it up and it cost $26. No wonder people don't good at home anymore. We could go to a local Italian restaurant for that.

Linda, nice to see you pop in. Are you feeling well?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #140
Stazon Splitcoast

Can you believe Rylee starts K4 this fall? How did he get old enough for that???

Joyce, would you please share your chicken enchilada recipe? Mine isn't that great, and I don't like it much!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #141
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Awesome idea! Hope it get's here soon!
Did you see that Pig Pig was picked up? The note says (I think) that he will be going to the geocaching headquarters. I have no idea where that is but hopefully it further east than he is now. The poor dude first went a little to far east and is now sitting further west than when he started!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #142
Watercolor Wizard

Default to get a wild bird out of your house

Here's an FYI in case you ever get a wild bird (or bat) in your house:

Close all the drapes as these wild guys have no concept of windows and will fly right into them. Open your doors. Begin shooing the bird towards to door. If possible close off parts of the house as the bird nears the door. Then wait for it to find its way out. If a bird does fly into a window and stuns itself get a hand towel, throw the towel over the bird and gently, but firmly grab the bird and bring it outside keeping the towel away from its face so it can breathe. Wild birds are not Tildas and appriciate having a mouth and nares with which to breathe.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #143
Watercolor Wizard

Don't pick up a bat!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #144
Hardware Hotshot

I'll have to keep that in mind about the birds, Karen!

Had fun at the sprinkler park with some friends and their kids. DD is sleeping and should be waking up soon. I am hoping to order a few 8 x 10's at MPix while they are 50% off. Info to follow:

50% Off 8x10 Prints – Sale Ends Tonight at Midnight CST!

The hottest sale of summer ends tonight! Save 50% on your 8x10 prints! 8x10 E-surface prints are just 99 each. 8x10 Metallic and True B&W prints are just $1.24 each! Simply enter promo code 8x10printsale at checkout. The promotion runs until tonight at midnight CST, July 21st.

IMPORTANT
• Promo code 8x10printsale must be entered at checkout to receive the 50% discount.
• Mpix promo codes do not apply to orders placed through ROES.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #145
Hardware Hotshot

DH is going to call a locksmith tomorrow so we can get the desk open without breaking the lock. Hopefully they won't charge an arm and a leg. Hmm, I do have two kids that seem to have caused this trouble....
Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #146
Duchess of Dork

*POOF*
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #147
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Girls,

Any spare prayers you could send my way would be appreciated. Everything is starting to wear thin for me.

Hugs!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #148
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Kare, any chance you could make one of these? Cupcake Pincushion Cake Pincushion Pin Cushion by ccampbell0509[]=tags&includes[]=title

OK, girls I'm looking for a cute pin cussion pattern I can make. I can sew, but can not crochet or knit.

Wendy, I hope they have simpathy, I can't imagine those piggy banks having much in them afte the bathroom remodel!

Grace, hugs and prayers. I'm always here if you need to vent.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #149
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls, I had a car today so had to get a few things done before leaving over the weekend.
Also getting a few things ready to mail off, always takes awhile. We sponsor two children in Haiti, we did have more but two dropped out of the program. Anyway, I found a Compassion blog for sponsors, and they had all kinds of ideas on what items you are allowed to send with your letters, size requirements, etc...so I bought some pretty stickers today to include. We have a new one that we just got, a 10 year old girl, so need to send off our portfolio also with a picture.

That's what's new with me today...and DH is getting ready to go on a fishing trip, long overdue for him, I know he'll enjoy it. It always gets me though because it is only catch and release and I actually like fish. He doesn't though.

Grace, sending you prayers...sorry you are having a difficult day. You have a lot going on in your life right now. Sometimes just talking to a friend helps. We're here if you need us!

Joyce, hey cupcake, those are sure cute!! I've seen Martha Stewart feature them made from felt and think with all the dies now, it shouldn't be too hard to make a cute one using that. It's probably on her website.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #150
Hardware Hotshot

had a nice walk with the kids tonight.

made some mashed potatoes and then realized that the milk I used was soured. Luckily it was before we ate them.

What are those little symbols for at the bottom?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #151
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Wendy, are those pictures ordered from a website? I am not familiar with it. It sounds like a good deal though!!

Hope the locksmith goes easy on you!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #152
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw those too, now I don't. This site is getting too technical for me.
Mashed potatoes always take a long time, too bad about the soured milk.
We haven't eaten and I am hungry, made new potatoes with onions and garlic to roast in my PC round dish and DH is grilling pork chops and probably watermelon.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, the only bird we've had in the house was a bat, when DH and I were traveling and a friend was staying with the girls. I got a vivid replay from them, it sounded awful! I think they did call animal control to get it out. You did good!!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #154
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Hi Wendy, are those pictures ordered from a website? I am not familiar with it. It sounds like a good deal though!!

Hope the locksmith goes easy on you!

Yes, it's a website. Mpix.com - Home
Old 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all !

Trying to catch up some! Posted pics on facebook if anyone wants to peek. Can't believe tomorrow is our last day. It always goes too fast

I hate typing on my phone so am going tonier say POOFFFF And howdy..

More later!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

And I hate it when my phone fills in for words I didn't type!!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #157
Duchess of Dork

Night!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #158
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hey Kare, any chance you could make one of these? Cupcake Pincushion Cake Pincushion Pin Cushion by ccampbell0509[]=tags&includes[]=title

OK, girls I'm looking for a cute pin cussion pattern I can make. I can sew, but can not crochet or knit.

Wendy, I hope they have simpathy, I can't imagine those piggy banks having much in them afte the bathroom remodel!

Grace, hugs and prayers. I'm always here if you need to vent.

Yes, I just need to find a pattern.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #159
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

I almost finished my last July project for PWCO. I want to get it done tonight because I won't have time to do it over the weekend. I made a major blunder with it (made it too small) but in a picture you won't even know!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #160
Watercolor Wizard

Joyce, take a look here:

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Food Crochet Pattern Links