Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #81
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
4 weddings and a funeral.
THank you! I saw that somewhere today, too! Isn't that funny that I'd see that on something the day I asked about it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #82
Duchess of Dork

Have GOT to get to bed. PIcs of the finished diaper cake on my blog. Night!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

Hi

Bye! Have a great day!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 AM   #84
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!
Thank you Lori for the compliment, but it was difficult to make GF. I only had to change one thing and that was to buy the GF baking mix.

PS, how much of the cheesecake is left, if any?? Tee hee hee!

Hi, Grace!!

So, yesterday I get home from work to find a wild bird flying around in our house. I am wondering how it got in and when. Meanwhile I am chasing it around the house. Wild birds do not understand the concept of windows, whereas my pet birds do. The wild bird slammed it's head into the windows at full flight speed twice. It stunned itself. I got a towel and went to put it outside. I couldn't get the bird to sit on the tree. I knew it would be fine. It just needed to come to its senses first. I am still holding it and go to the basement to get our spare bird cage. I get the cage ready (put newpaper on the bottom) and put the bird in the cage. At this point it was okay and moving around normally within the cage so I then let it go outside. Weird, eh? Well Joel and I figured out how it got in. I saw the 2 younger boys by the wood stove and yelled at them for making a mess. There was soot all over the floor under the woodstove. I figured they had shook some of the soot from the chimney. One other small part is that the latch to hold the door closed has been broken since last winter. Anyway, Joel and I figured that the bird flew into the chimney and got out through the door and it was probably the bird that made the mess on the floor as it came out!! We've had our chimney looked at after the first year of having it and the man remarked that we didn't have any dead birds in it and that normally he has to take out a few. EUWWW!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #85
Hardware Hotshot

Hi ladies! Hope all is well.

Cleaned the kitchen twice yesterday. DS spilt some grape juice in the fridge and on the floor so I ended up sweeping and mopping too! Today I will continue to tidy up. We also have to go to the grocery store b/c we need to eat.

Lori- HA on the Pirates who don't do anything line about Boston. We had some people sing that when did that VBS. Everyone laughed when that line came around!!

Traci- the wedding was very romantic. It was really warm, but still so beautiful. The h'orderves were on a patio that also looked over the sea. The reception was inside an air conditioned tent with a live band. Super fun.

LIndaB- Hope the Vit D helps you feel better!

Tonight is my nephew's family b-day party. Sunday was the kids' b-day party and Isaac was able to spend the night when him.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #86
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Morning. Holly, there was a link sweetie...honest!!!

Grandma is going home today. They say it's Angina. I need to brush up on my medical stuff.
lol Glad grandma is coming home! What happened to her?
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #87
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
We were waiting for you! I wanna hear you snort in real life! LOL! Hope you can have a semi-easy week. I know you need one.
Thanks Lori we came home to more crap. It's truly not been good. Our weekend was awesome since we went away we had so much fun and dh was relaxed and happy!! In general I never knew someone's parent could be so nasty to there children for not agreeing with there side of things.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #88
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Good morning, Dorkies!
Thank you Lori for the compliment, but it was difficult to make GF. I only had to change one thing and that was to buy the GF baking mix.

Hi, Grace!!

So, yesterday I get home from work to find a wild bird flying around in our house. I am wondering how it got in and when. Meanwhile I am chasing it around the house. Wild birds do not understand the concept of windows, whereas my pet birds do. The wild bird slammed it's head into the windows at full flight speed twice. It stunned itself. I got a towel and went to put it outside. I couldn't get the bird to sit on the tree. I knew it would be fine. It just needed to come to its senses first. I am still holding it and go to the basement to get our spare bird cage. I get the cage ready (put newpaper on the bottom) and put the bird in the cage. At this point it was okay and moving around normally within the cage so I then let it go outside. Weird, eh? Well Joel and I figured out how it got in. I saw the 2 younger boys by the wood stove and yelled at them for making a mess. There was soot all over the floor under the woodstove. I figured they had shook some of the soot from the chimney. One other small part is that the latch to hold the door closed has been broken since last winter. Anyway, Joel and I figured that the bird flew into the chimney and got out through the door and it was probably the bird that made the mess on the floor as it came out!! We've had our chimney looked at after the first year of having it and the man remarked that we didn't have any dead birds in it and that normally he has to take out a few. EUWWW!
Cracked me up but I am sure at the time it was not funny, I get birds in my garage all the time and your right they don't get the concept off open windows or doors. lol
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #89
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post

Cleaned the kitchen twice yesterday. DS spilt some grape juice in the fridge and on the floor so I ended up sweeping and mopping too! Today I will continue to tidy up. We also have to go to the grocery store b/c we need to eat.

Lori- HA on the Pirates who don't do anything line about Boston. We had some people sing that when did that VBS. Everyone laughed when that line came around!!

Traci- the wedding was very romantic. It was really warm, but still so beautiful. The h'orderves were on a patio that also looked over the sea. The reception was inside an air conditioned tent with a live band. Super fun.

LIndaB- Hope the Vit D helps you feel better!

Tonight is my nephew's family b-day party. Sunday was the kids' b-day party and Isaac was able to spend the night when him.
How fun for Isaac!! Have fun at the nephew's party!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #90
Gabfest Goddess

Got jobs today, hope you all have a great day
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #91
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Morning dorks,
I have to redo a few lo's for a call I did. I didn't realize they needed to be never before seen lo's and I posted them to my blog and galleries. Silly me!

Hope everyone is feeling well this morning. I'm a bit tired but other than that it's all good.

Hugs and prayers.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #92
Watercolor Wizard

I am having a Tuesday, GRRR!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #93
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Sorry Karen...me thinks by the end of the day I will be there too....I love dealing with the IRS sometimes!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #94
Watercolor Wizard

I am glad I am not dealing with the IRS!!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #95
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Good morning, Dorkies!

Hi, Grace!!

So, yesterday I get home from work to find a wild bird flying around in our house. EUWWW!
You know, I am not a bird person b/c of this type thing happening in our house growing up. Wild birds freak me out when they get trapped inside. So glad you knew how to handle it & got him outside! I'd have been screaming for Phil to do something! LOL! I'm such a dork!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #96
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post

OH, dear, cleaning the same room twice! I hardly do a room once. LOL!

I bet that is hysterical when someone in Boston sings that song! Some of the girls' friends were singing a part of it one day & I tossed in the fact that I never had been to Boston in the fall. Then I realized I've been there every season EXCEPT fall. I THINK we went in spring one year during Spring Break. For sure I've been there in summer & winter. Grammie's b-day was July 20---oh, my, TODAY! Let's see, she's be 104 if she were alive. Probably good she's with the Lord now. That just sounds too old! Then we'd go for Christmas sometimes. Hmmmm, I guess I WAS there in the fall when mom was pregnant with me & her dad died, but that doesn't count if you don't get to see the leaves! LOL!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #97
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Thanks Lori we came home to more crap. It's truly not been good. Our weekend was awesome since we went away we had so much fun and dh was relaxed and happy!! In general I never knew someone's parent could be so nasty to there children for not agreeing with there side of things.
Well, p00p. But so glad you did get away for the weekend. Hugs!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #98
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Morning dorks,
I have to redo a few lo's for a call I did. I didn't realize they needed to be never before seen lo's and I posted them to my blog and galleries. Silly me!

Hope everyone is feeling well this morning. I'm a bit tired but other than that it's all good.

Hugs and prayers.
Have fun doing your lo's! I always read that as leftovers. I'm all about food. ha, ha!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #99
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I am having a Tuesday, GRRR!
Sorry!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #100
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Sorry Karen...me thinks by the end of the day I will be there too....I love dealing with the IRS sometimes!
Have you actually reached a real person or are you on hold? Considering someone flew a plane into the Austin branch of the IRS, I guess the feeling towards them is pretty common. Hope you get to move on from them & the rest of the day is better.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #101
Duchess of Dork

Working on a gift for Emery's 1st birthday. Will show y'all pics when it's done.

Having PMS symptoms. I always knew I wasn't pregnant when my (*)(*) would hurt a week or 2 before I started my . I think this almost menopause having symptoms more often is not fun! But there are much worse things, for sure!

Need to get to my mommy job now. I slept through my alarm. Woke up at 11:30! CRAZY!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi girls...I overslept today too, but till about 9. I had the worst dream right before I woke up...and even in my dream, I said to myself, I hope this is just a dream, and yet I thought it was real. Usually part of me can tell myself it is a dream when I get to that state. Anyway, I am ok, just very disturbing.

Still have 2 dogs, 2 very lazy dogs, and one more day of above 90 temps I think...we're going for a new record.

Lori, you are a busy crafter!

Karen, your bird story kind of freaks me out too. My daughter said her boyfriend woke up to a bat on his face...ok, nothing beats that for freakiness!!

Hi Holly and Laurie, Wendy and Joyce...

miss Beth but I can see on FB she's having a good time!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #103
Watercolor Wizard

Traci and Lori, I guess it is no big deal because we let our pet birds fly free within the house. If it wasn't so darn hot, I would have left the doors open and wait for the wild bird to find it's way out (our birds were caged at that time).
Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #104
Watercolor Wizard

Default Gosh darn it!

I made the mistake of looking at www.justmagnolia.blogspot.com and saw another Tilda that I like. This is Tulle Skirt Tilda. Isn't she just adorable??

Traci, I will try and get those images stamped tonight. I forgot about them last night.

Tonight should be Wipeout! Last week the new show was on Thursday, so we will see.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #105
Hardware Hotshot

so DD opens up a NEW bottle of body splash and dumps it out on the bathrooom floor this morning. I wiped it up with a towel and put the towel in the dirty clothes sorter/hamper by the dryer. In about two minutes the carbon monoxide detector goes off. I grab the kids and we go outside. Then I realize that the detector is also a combustible gas detector and was less than a foot away from the towel soaked with flammable body splash. I put the towel outside and reset the detector. I kept the fans and the garage door open. Everything is fine, but it was a bit scarey!

DS asked for some scallions at the grocery store and was so lovey dovey until we got home. My BIL was here putting some sealer on the tile and DS threw a golf ball at him (in jest), but still. So he got time out plus some for hitting me. Ack!

Okay, gotta go b/c I'm pretty sure DD is making a mess. Bye!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, Wendy, but I am laughing, I can picture all this happening! I know that flammable stuff is scary, it happens to me with the sealers for wood, stains, etc...I always let it air out outside or in the garage. Sounds like you are having an interesting day for sure!

Karen, there is no hurry at all for those images, as I said, won't have much time to stamp in a few days here anyways.

Which reminds me I need to reserve a spot for Copper at the kennel...don't have anywhere to leave him since youngest DD will be going with us.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #107
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey girlies, I spoke with the lady from the college again today and she is relooking at more of our finances because of the difference in income because of the stroke. She was only able to come up with $2000. for the scholarships but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for prayers.

Traci, I hate dreams like that. I always have a guy dressed in black in my room. That is my normal scary dream.

Karen, You are so cool and collected, I would have freaked out and called the fire department to come and rescue me. LOL And I don't get along well with mice either.....
Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #108
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Wendy....how's retirement? LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #109
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't get along well with most critters, either...I freaked out when the bats were all hanging under our rafters!! And didn't like the snake coming after me much either...our oldest daughter has a phobia of spiders, and she said big butt spiders freaked her out...it made me laugh because I know just what she meant.

Joyce, I am happy for you...will continue to pray. The dream I had my husband died. I've never had one like that before. It was really hard...thank the Lord it was only a dream.

Wendy is truly retired now isn't she? Ha!! Stay at home moms...well, what can I say? Wendy you'll have to keep us posted on all your adventures!!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #110
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, why did you do that? You made me look! Argh, no more stamps, no more stamps, no more stamps until we are able to sell the house.

I think prices are continuing to drop, we keep getting comments from folks that they think we're priced too high. And no one has come back for a second showing, so we're going to reevaluate in a few days . . . ugh. We dropped the price $1o k already.

Traci, that would be a horrible dream! I hate stuff like that.

joyce that is good news at least, hope the good news keeps coming.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #111
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, I'm sorry to hear that you may have to lower the price again.

Traci, what an awful dream!

Karen, glad you got the bird.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #112
Stazon Splitcoast

Just made another card for the Dare to Get dirty challenges...what a mess my room is!!
But it's helping me shake off the night to concentrate on other things...and I will upload tonight.

I love happy cards!!

PS, I sure hope you don't have to lower the price again, be conservative if you can! You all have worked too hard on that to lose anything.

Laurie, how is your day coming along?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

It's only 4:30 here, but thinking you in the midwest are in the evening hours...duh!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #114
Stazon Splitcoast

Used a gingham stamp given by a friend to make this card for the DTGD challenges...it's an old stamp, but I know Lori likes her!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...753452?cpage=2
Old 07-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #115
Proud Fan Club Member

Traci, she is cute!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #116
Stazon Splitcoast

I still have that set too Traci, its a cute one and a neat card!

Okay Karen, I finally cut up the half of a cheesecake that was left into individual slices and put them in the freezer. I had cheesecake for lunch, little nibbles iwth the fork all day and it was time to stop eating nothing but cheesecake! Although I would say I probably got my full complement of dairy products in for the day.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #117
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, my day went ok. Just dealing with the IRS. Not a biggie. I didn't actually have to call. It was all pretty much done via fax and email. Fine with me.

Home life is so-so lately. Some days I miss my apartment and my alone time.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #118
Watercolor Wizard

PS, Magnolia is having a sale that if you buy $60.00 worth of stamps you get the shipping free. We could combine an order, you know. Just saying!

Traci, I was post #3 to your card. Is that going to be a problem for you?? BAWAHAHA!

My day got infinitely better once I got home. I started making dinner (steak and noodles, one of my favorites), shredding zucchini to put in the freezer, making zucchini bread and making dill pickles. My DS2 decided to help me and he really was helpful today. That was nice to be with him. I managed to put in the freezer 9 bags of zucchini with each bag having enough zucchini to make 2 loaves. So in all today I got 20 cups of zucchini from my garden. OH! and the dill for my pickles are also from my garden. I liked that Eli helped me plant the zucchini, helped pick it and now helped process it for winter. I like that he gets to see the whole process from seed to his tummy. He probably doesn't get the significance of that, but I do!

PS, I had to LOL when I read your description of how your cheesecake is disappearing. That same phenomena happens to me. Weird, eh?? I get to make another cheesecake tomorrow for daycare's summer party on Thursday. I get special requests for it.

Laurie, I hope you have a Wednesday tomorrow and not another Tuesday. I definitely don't need another Tuesday.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #119
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm putting in a special request Karen!

DH said he doesn't think they will come back with enough to make it compare to the Bloomsburg tuition. Which is $8K a year for residents. We can still keep praying
Old 07-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #120
Watercolor Wizard

I can make one for you, Joyce, when you hand deliver Pig Pig back to me!