Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #10881
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

That seems to be the big news here still. I guess it will be until after conclave. Hopefully the come to an agreement quick to pick a new Pope. I sure hope there is nothing that would give someone enough to make him resign. That would mean whatever it is couldn't be very good. It just seems health reasons has never been a reason for a Pope to resign. And they have all the cardinals to help with all the big decisions. It's just not making much sense.

Sopping was nice. My dad went along so it wasn't a long trip. I do like a Micasa pattern, but would really love to be able to replace the pieces to the set my grandmother gave my Mom. I'm going to have Ed look to see if its possible. I can't believe its 80$ a place setting. That just seems crazy! Hoping to hit an outlet store to see if the prices are any better.

I did manage to pick a few things up for the cruise. I hit a major clearance. I got Anne Beyer black clam diggers for $1.99 and 2 shirts for $3.99 and a very light dress for $14.99. It was a bargain day for me. I really need to bathing suit shop, but I know they ae going to be outrageous this time of year. I need at least 2. I'm hoping to get a black tankkini top because I picked up a few bottoms on clearance when i was in Florida.

I really just came on to say Happy Valentines Day! But I guess I'm feeling chatty!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #10882
Duchess of Dork

Happy Valentine's Day! I read through but won't post much as typing on the iPad takes forever.

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #10883
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Happy Valentine's day!!
I had a big, busy day, and I am pooped.
Beth, it was good to read your news here. That monitor sounds great...nice gift!
We are leaving for Steamboat tomorrow, and Oldest DD dropped off her dog tonite. Which means taking 2 cars to accommodate 2 dogs. Why does everything always seem so complicated? I would like to go to just relax...but just getting there seems to take a lot of effort.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #10884
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I don't have any china. We did not get it as a wedding gift, and I am not that formal. I did get a nice set of Southern Living at Home when I sold it for a short time, and I love those in white. I like white because it is so versatile.
Good deal on finding those outfits!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #10885
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #10886
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning dorkies! What a week at work, phew! But is the weekend now and nothing but personal time on the computer. Although I don't want to be on it too much, I want to pull out some stamps. We are getting quite a bit of snow, so we will be staying in.

I think the pope is just being sensible. I know it's almost without precedent, but shoot, I'd want to retire if I was 85!

Karen how is the out fit coming along? And how gross is that with the mess they left you to clean, ugh!

Joyce, sounds like you found some good deals shopping.

Beth, sounds like a nice birthday. I will have to look up that fitbit tool.

Traci, enjoy your Steamboat time. Do you ever stamp while you are there?

Lori, praying for Phil's treatment.

So glad the boiler repair guys could come late Friday. The pump on our boiler, which supplies our heat and hot water, broke and they couldn't come for three days. Thankfully we do have the wood stove but I'm glad not to be heating water for washing dishes in a pot on the stove like Laura Ingalls anymore, it takes so much more water than you think just to do one sink full of dishes..
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #10887
Stazon Splitcoast

peggysue, I am so sorry about the pump breaking, especially with the cold you are having. That is a long time for sponge baths, too. Sounds like you need a vacation.
No, I don't stamp at Steamboat. I used to color images, but haven't done that in a long time. Just usually relax. But the drive this time was not very relaxing. Today was nice, though. Just chilled, watched movies on tv and took the dogs for a walk in the snow.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #10888
Proud Fan Club Member

Relaxing day here. Ed's making dinner, I'm catching up online and reading.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #10889
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

I had a strange dream last night that DH got a cat without my knowledge. Very strange indeed. I am not fond of cats and I have terrible, terrible allergies to them. He also isn't a cat person. From where did that come???

PS, is everything okay now in your house? We are greatful for our woodstove for that reason as well. If anything happens we know we'll still be warm and safe.

Traci, I hope you are having a nice time in Steamboat relaxing. You should get a hot tub!

Joyce, that sounds nice!

I have a short work week. Just today and tomorrow. Wed. I am going on DS1's field trip and then Wed-Sat. I will be a conference.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #10890
Stazon Splitcoast

Day off for us for Pres. Day. Doug had to work though. Picked up my niece and nephew and they had a sleep over. We are going to a $1 movie after lunch w/ my sister and her kids. Should be fun. I feel like I want to stamp and stamp but it rarely works out that way. but, that's okay.

Karen,nice to have a different paced week. have fun on the field trip and conference. Sometimes those are just nice to get away and do.

Joyce, got your cute card today. Thanks! So simple and just darling. I may have to case it! Great deeals on the shopping. Wow! How fun. When is the cruise??

Peggysue, glad you got the pump fixed and man you are getting hit with a lot of snow. We had some flurries over the weekend but nothing stuck.

Lori, hope all is going well there.

Yeah, I like this Fit Bit. I think Doug said BestBuy had them and they are around $100. It willt ell you your sleep patterns too and activity as you are sleeping. You wear the device on your wrist in this light weight band. I woke up or jostled around 18 times last night. Gee....no wonder I"m tired. Normal night is about 6-8 times. I think I toss and turn a lot in my sleep.

Traci, yeah, that would be a pain to have to drive 2 cars to Steamboat jsut for the pooches. But, it's nice that you take them. Glad you are getting some resting time. We watched a good movied, a rental, called Invictus with Morgan Freeman and oh, shooott...forget the kids name. Matt Damon. That's it. It's about Mandella when he was pres of RSA and the RSA rugby team...how he tried tomend the racial relationships between the two groups of people......white afrikaners and the black africans. Was a really good movie.

Well, speaking of movies, gotta get my rear end in the shower to head out to the movies w/ the kids.

Have a good day everyone!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #10891
Proud Fan Club Member

Beth, thAt would be me sleeping, I don't sleep well at all! She decided she wants the Nike band. I don't want to put exact dates here t its in April. I can't wait! I need to buy some summer clothes, but I'm good with dinner wear. I hate to pay full price but I'm afraid I'm not going to have a choice.

Karen, have fun on the trip. I never when on an over night school trip. Ashlyn only had one over night and it was her senior trip.

I'm getting backin the swing of csrd making. I've made a card every day for the past few days. Today's is cute, ts on my bog if you would like to see. I haven't been blogging, but the cards are there.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #10892
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Well, the ski trip tomorrow has been postponed until next Tuesday. What a bummer. I only had to work 2 hours tomorrow (due to attending the conference on Saturday) so I would have only needed to take 2 hours of vacation time. Now I have to take a whole day. I guess the weather will be too chilly tomorrow and that is why it has been postponed. At least I can sleep in tomorrow and come in after I drop the kids off at school/daycare. I won't be in a rush to get in especially since I only have to be at work for 2 hours.

Beth, good to hear from you and glad you got a day off. I bet you had a fun time with everyone.

Joyce, good for you for stamping so much! I still haven't inked a stamp. There just isn't enough time!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #10893
Proud Fan Club Member

That's a bummer Karen, will you still be able to go on the trip next week?

I'm having a lazy day. It's snowing again and super cold. I just wanna cuddle in my blanket and browse pinterest.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #10894
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, enjoy your time at the conference out of the office. I will be taking a business trip, most likely, the first two days of May. I am looking forward to going somewhere.

What does a FitBit do? Is it like an advanced pedometer? But it does more? Enquiring minds want to know.

We do have a working boiler again, it is very nice to have heat and hot water. I like it! And we are getting a ton of snow again so very good to have heat. I won't be surprised if they have to cancel school again tomorrow. Couldn't believe they had it today, the roads were so icy, but I think the district is out of snow days and don't want to use any more.

Joyce, pinterest is a lot of fun. My goal though is to make the things I see on there and not just keep pinning away! I made a dessert recipe about a week ago, seemed to turn out well. And I CASEd a card I saw on there too.

Anyway, very snowy here but thankful for a nice, warm house. The wood pile is getting quite low though!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 AM   #10895
Proud Fan Club Member

PS, creature comforts are very nice! I'm glad we have back up heat and a generator, I would be one unhappy camper to go without!

I ended up doing a major craft room cleaning. It looks so much better and I already sold 140$ worth of stuff. I'm going to do the ribbon drawers today. Then maybe even purge some papers. I have 3 milk rates of 12 x 12 patterned paper. More then I surely need.

My husband lost his credit card, just called on his way to work and can't find it. There is no activity on the account so I think we are ok to just get it replaced but I hate hat it's missing.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #10896
Duchess of Dork

Hi dorks! Just a quick post. I read through.

Looks like Phil will need a feeding tube. He can't tolerate anything, even Boost drinks. It went downhill fast. I'm hoping he can do a PEG b/c it would be the least exposed and he has to work still. He just can't go without nutrition. If he can keep up drinking some liquids, that will help. He'll still be swallowing, etc.

Headache & possible thrush again. My throat's been sore but no fever. I've had an itchy mouth, so have looked for a white tongue, which hadn't shown up til today. I'll go to the doc tomorrow. Sigh.

One month til I have surgery! I'm feeling guilty knowing Phil will just be finishing treatment, but I just had a period that started 2 weeks after the last one & lasted over a week. I could do nearly nothing other than make supper each night. I have to be able to function.

That's my crabby post for the day. LOL!

Hugs!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #10897
Proud Fan Club Member

He is going to work with a g tube? Ack! I was almost afraid of leaving the house due to risk of infection. Can't he go out on short term disability or something? My girlfriend is starting a maintenance round this week, I don't see her doing much for the next 6 weeks. Maybe her treatment is different. Prayers for all of you!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #10898
Proud Fan Club Member

I joined a swap today in hopes for some motivation.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #10899
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, I am sorry he has to have the tube...that does sound serious. Our daughter per had one when at the hospital for 10 days. I hope he starts doing better with eating. Poor things!! Life always seems to have its trials. Hope you feel better soon, too. I bet you are ready. Maybe your parents will help when you have to go in?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #10900
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce...I have never stopped stamping. I think you're doing great. Peeked at your blog and lots of fun cards!! Lately I stamp maybe once a week. My DT leader stepped down...so no obligations which is kind of nice.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #10901
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm thinking dt would be good for motivation for now just a little fun and see where it goes.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #10902
Proud Fan Club Member

Lauries dog passed last night, was wondering if some line has her address?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #10903
Stazon Splitcoast

Aww...that is sad. I know she moved once...check her other thread, I am sure they would have it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #10904
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #10905
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori I am so sorry to hear that Phil has to have a tube, ugh! I can't imagine how he must feel! Poor thing! I will continue praying.

One more hour to this day and I am shutting down the computer. This has been a day so far at work. But it is a very small thing. It is just work, nothing like being ill or having an ill family member.

Stamping...haven't had any time for that lately. Hoping to do some this weekend, we will keep our fingers crossed.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #10906
Pearl-ExPert

Popping by to say Hello.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #10907
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Grace. I've seen you on SCS...glad you popped in.
I am switching from an inky palette to a paint pallet tomorrow. Taking an Annie Sloan paint hands on workshop in the morning and afternoon. I am so looking forward to it!!
DH is home after traveling a bit this week...it's been nice having him here in the evenings.
I found some cute little spring baskets at Tuesday Morning yesterday. So I set my dining room table for Spring and it may just stay that way. I need to have some friends over for a spring luncheon. What to serve?
Hope you gals have a wonderful weekend, too.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #10908
Duchess of Dork

Hi ladies! I saw on FB about Laurie. I don't know that I have her current address, either.

Hi Grace!

Joyce, how are you feeling?

Traci, how was the painting class? Or is it today? I"m confused about which day is "yesterday" on SCS! Leave it to a dork! LOL!

PS, How is work? How is the hunt for Red October? I mean for a job? I've never seen the Red October movie. I do know about hunting for jobs, though!

Well, Phil didn't make a decision on the tube. I guess we'll see how much weight he's lost. I may have found a few more things he can eat. The doc gave him morphine (prescription, but available to get to have at home). It kept him up all night! How odd is that? So, he CAN use it during the day but not at night. He stayed home 1/2 day today to sleep. I told him he is NOT going anywhere this weekend. Knowing him he would be trying to ride his motorcycle. Oy vey!

Only read on this page, so sorry if I missed stuff on the last page. Hugs!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #10909
Proud Fan Club Member

Lori, I sure hope he stays off the bike with pin meds! Men are crazy! Crazy as......I know there is a funny pun I can say here but it's not coming to me!

I'm feeling pretty good. The doctor said the pain I'm having isn't heartburn in the traditional sense but my esophagus is increasing producing acids because of the scar tissue and healing. My body still thinks there is the abscess there so it will react until the scar tissue softens up. Really nothing to do but wait out the healing process.

I'm taking this as an opportunity to get and stay healthy!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #10910
Proud Fan Club Member

Tracy, your class sounds so fun, take lots of pics so we can see what you do!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #10911
Proud Fan Club Member

You would not believe the amount of crafts I've been doing!

Lori, did he stay off the bike? Maybe he should loose the keys

Traci, do we get to see your masterpiece soon?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #10912
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

I'm cyber talking to myself again.......

I blogged today.
I'm cleaning today
I will be motivated today
I will craft a pin cushion today.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #10913
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Joyce! I don't have anything yet to show for my workshop, as we just used sample.moulding pieces. But, it was fun, and hopefully I can begin a small project this week.
So fun for you to do all that crafting, and the pin cushion sounds adorable!! What else are you making?
We had about a foot of snow since Saturday night...beautiful! Still made it to church whichmI am glad about...and DH got the snowblower out for the first time this winter! We need the moisture. And today it is bright and sunny out, so a lot will melt.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #10914
Stazon Splitcoast

And Joyce, your avatar looks like a new person. You look great, but you looked great before. Hope you're able to keep the calories on now and continue to heal up!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #10915
Duchess of Dork

Joyce, I agree with Traci! You looked good already & now you look good but like you are 25 years old! I guess that's the one plus here for you, but as I've said to others, I wouldn't want YOUR diet to get there. Do hope you are healing now & eating more.

Yes, he stayed off the bike! Praise the Lord! He seemed rested yesterday. I found out he never even went to radiation on Friday. I think the 3 days off helped him get some strength back. But, I don't know how well he slept last night.

His mouth isn't any better & I know it will just get worse. I'm going with him to the doc tomorrow to talk about a feeding tube. I need to call insurance today to talk about where we need to do those things to qualify for "tier one" of our insurance. It's a ridiculous insurance plan. If you go with "Tier one" docs & suppliers you pay a co-pay. If you go with anyone else who is in the big United Health Care plan, you pay deductible, then it's a 70/30 plan. The tier one sounded so good, but turns out that apart from surgery (which we'll see how true it is soon) being a good deal, so many doctors aren't on the plan. Anyway, now that he's met his deductible & out of pocket (at least on paper), I'm wondering if we should choose someone in Tier 2 that isn't on the copay plan & it would be all covered. Who knows!

I'm supposed to get a back brace to help with the back pain, but again I need to see what Medical supply place to go to, b/c med. equipment is in a different category, of course. Calgon take me away! LOL!

Leaving for Girl Scouts in a few minutes. I haven't mentioned GS on facebook even though it's cookie time. So many negative things out there on FB about GS & if they were all true or if they affected us at the local troop level, I'd leave GS. I did some research, though, and found that cookie money goes only to the troops, the bakery & the local council (meaning for us Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas), and that money doesn't support anything but activities and I suppose possibly paychecks at our council. If anyone has read the stuff & is curious, I can email you info. I still wish my girls had been in American Heritage Girls, which is a faith based group, but our co-op had GS so that's where we started. And the families we meet with are all homeschoolers & good friends now! Sorry for that little ramble! LOL!

Hope you all have a wonderful blessed day.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #10916
Proud Fan Club Member

Traci, I can't wait to see what you make. Just making pin cushions for a swap. 6 of them, plus 4 hat pins each. I'm having so much fun with them. If you pm me your cell number I can text a pic, can't post yet.

That was my Birthday photo. It was a nice night out. Had half a crab cake and calamari, just a few pieces but it was nice to have normal food! I'm still at 3-4 ounces at a sitting, but maintaining.

Thanks for the compliments, but you are right Lori, I wouldn't wish my last year on anyone! 25 made me lol, the picture doesn't show my waddle! But I did borrow one of my daughters friends outfits and the jeans were a size 2! That was crazy, but I don't feel like a size 2 if that makes sense. The dresses a friend is lending me for the cruise are a size 8 and fit, I still have a chest! So if someone asks what size I am I have no idea!

Lori, did he just skip or talk to the Dr? I hope he's not feeling like giving up, be sure he has some psychological support,wether he thinks he needs it or not.

Lori, I used to work for the GS and cookies was the only fund raiser we did. Yes it paid salaries but it also paid for insurance, trips, a gorgeous camp ect. There has been the gay/ lesbian rumors for 20 years that I know of if that's what you are talking about. If folks have questions I would direct them to the executive of your local council.

Last edited by ashjoy; 02-25-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #10917
Proud Fan Club Member

It drives me nuts that we can't just let kids be kids and enjoy growing up. I was in line at the convenience store when a youth group came in. I was chatting with some of the kids about their trip and one of the leaders was a teacher and was saying how they can't even give out the little dumdum lollipops anymore.

By the time I have a grand child we will be raising them in bubbles!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #10918
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce I agree, you look like you're 25, seriously! But again, I wouldn't wish your last year's health issues on anyone, not a happy way to do it!

Lori, still praying for Phil.

Just been very busy with work. My one coworker is still snarky, so until I finish the hunt for Red October as Lori put it, I need to put up with her. I have my resume out there two different places and will keep looking for more.

Need to assemble documents for taxes tonight, kept typing it as 'tazes' which might be how we feel when we are done with the paperwork, as though we'd been tazed.

Traci, what is the status on your mom?

KAren, yoo hoo! Quiet in here without a peep from your corner. Did you finish the vintage outfit you were making for the cranking event? Have you had a lot of snow? What is new in your world?

Get this...I was knitting in the car as I usually do and since I knit one sock at a time, I finally had one finished, it was for Jeff, took it off the needles, finished it. Started the second one. Got home, cannot find sock number one anywhere. It must have fallen out of the car when we stopped for gas or something, and with all the snow and slush, there is no way anyone will find it before it got run over by icky, snowy tires in the much and mire. So I have half of one sock done and now need to make yet a third to replace sock number one. So like a dork to do that. Luckily I have enough yarn to make a third sock, but if you understand anything about knitting, they are men's size 10.5 socks knit on size 1.5 needles. A lot of work gone...out the car door!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #10919
Proud Fan Club Member

That stinks, do you know where maybe you could call and have them look for it.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #10920
Proud Fan Club Member

Lori, are you getting snow? I heard TX and snow on the news and thought of you!