Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #10841
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I'm having an emotional day today. Guess I need a good cry.

Traci, safe travels. We are flooding here now. We had a ton of snow and ice Monday and its 50 today.

Karen, maye they are being extra careful with the flu. It's still hitting here pretty hard. But gld you enjoyed your day.

Lori, how did it go?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #10842
Duchess of Dork

Hugs Joyce!

Hope all is well with Traci's mom.

Karen how are the roads today?

PS how are you feeling?

Radiation and chemo went well, but he felt "weird" on the way home. I asked for more details, but he couldn't describe it. Within an hour or so of leaving chemo, he was shivering and running 102.4 fever. I gave him ibuprofen and called the doc. Dr. S said it's normal and give him Tylenol right then, at midnight and 6 a.m. Fever is all gone now! I took him to radiation today then he came home and slept. He's staying home the rest of the day.

My . Was late this month, but short, at least. It was nightmarish as always. I scheduled my surgery for March 20. I'm hoping that means one more cycle only before surgery!

Funny dork moment coming up next post.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #10843
Duchess of Dork

Dork story: I didn't go to co-op today but had a friend bring girls home. About 12:20, while I was all cozy in the recliner, the doorbell rang and someone banged on the door. It was time for the girls to come home, and I knew they had a key, but they always bang on the door anyway. I called out, "come in," then added, "if it's Bethany and Natalie." No one came in. I got up and answered. It was the mailman! LOL! I told him I thought it was my girls. Glad the door was locked. Also glad this guy didn't seem that English was his first language, so maybe he didn't understand my welcome greeting.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #10844
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori I hope you are able to go in and have the procedure to get the . taken care of properly. I had something done about that about four years ago, it is wonderful, although I still get the raging hormones every month.

Joyce, sorry you need a good cry. Sometimes that helps though. And it helps to have someone around to hug you once you're done. Hope you had that too.

Still haven't stamped. Building up to it. It WILL happen, I know it!

Karen, how is the rest of your week shaping up?

Why did she want to stay extra time? They are having a spirit week at the local school the second week of February. The school already hosted two extra dances because of the exchange students and she's been to dinners, received presents from many people. So spirit week was the motivator to want to stay longer. Came home from school today. Stalked to her bedroom. Bam went the door. In there now. Tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough.

Back to work now, still have a bit of the day left. This week has been a better one although it makes me suspicious of myself that I might be forgetting something because I'm not as busy as I think I should be.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #10845
Proud Fan Club Member

I feel better now. Thanks

Traci, how was the travels? Hope you re doing ok.

Lori, that's a lot going on in your house right now. How many treatments is he having? Lol I'm sure the mailman has confronted much worse greetings.

PS, hope the good byes are over and you can get your house back to normal.

Karen, how is your weekend going?

I want to go see the funny zombie boyfriend movie. Anyone wanna go?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #10846
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Superbowl Sunday!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #10847
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

I am not a football fan. I did not watch the superbowl. I finished the top of DS1's quilt instead. I am glad it is done. It took a long time to do the mitered corners on each block.

PS, how's it at home without a teenager stomping her feet and slamming doors? At least 3 more years before you have to deal with that again, right? Because we know DD3 is an angel!! *grin*

Joyce, we went to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. I won a GC back in November. I thought it would be relatively empty there. I was wrong. I found out they were at about 90% capacity!! I guess we weren't the only locals looking to warm up in February (:

How's everyone else doing??
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #10848
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday!

Not much happening here today. Laundry and cleaning. Woohoo!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #10849
Stazon Splitcoast

Great Wolf Lodge, I bet the boys had a fun time!

I am willing to go see that zombie boyfriend movie, it looks amusing!

I am dealing today, with a quieter home with no surly teenager here. Still debating about whether or not to let her mother know about her behavior or let it drop. DH wants to say something, I'm tempted to let it go.

I am also dealing with a constant stream of snark in my inbox today. I am looking for snark repellent in my dresser drawers. I'll let you know if the hunt is successful. Applied for another job again today. Resume it out in three places.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #10850
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi girls.
I don't like zombies, vampires, spiders or snakes!!
Update: I am home. The trip went alright, I had great travel weather and just missed storms going there, beautiful going back.
My Mom went thru the surgery with no problem. They did stretch the esophagus. She did pretty well the first night, then by the next day said she felt as if there was still something "stuck there," and eating very little. She had a dr. appt today and they discussed the G-Tube. She is not a good candidate as her stomache has shrunk too much. I don't know if there are any other options from here.
I have pretty much dropped out of all activities in order to be there when needed. This is good and bad. Bad because I don't have a lot to preoccupy my mind...good because I am free to go when I need to. So no guilt to saying no to Meals on Wheels, Bible study, etc.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #10851
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, we had that happen with a friend of our daughters accompanying us on our cruise a few years ago. She got drunk in Mexico and neither of them were allowed back on the ship. This was after we had forewarned both of them and told them to eat, how many drinks at the most they should have, etc...So I really wanted to tell the Mom. The only reason I did not was our daughter was friends with her. I still think I should have. But now it is past.
Is there a review you are asked to give? That would be an appropriate place to share the information, perhaps.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #10852
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm thinking I would share PS. But I agree if there is a formal debriefing I would include it there.

Traci, I'm not a blind g-tube candidate eith. Thus, the picc line. Not a walk in the park by no means. Give her a couple of days, maybe it will get better. Day 3 was my turn around day. Hopefully they are encouraging her to keep sipping water, tea ect. Hit tea with powdered milk is a good alternative.

I had to call the dr and go back on Prevacid and carafate today. Not dealing well with this heart burn/nausea the past few weeks. Feeling sick doesn't help the eating so and the scale dropped below 135 this morning.

On a fun note, if you need something to do this week PTI is having ir anniversary celebration with huge prizes. I played along today. Hope to do a few more.

We finally planned our vacation last night. We booked a cruise for April. This will be our first vacation with out Ash she can't take 8 days off so soon.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #10853
Proud Fan Club Member

The great wolf lodge was on the news tonight, I thought of you Karen
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #10854
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Traci, glad you are home safe. I hope you Mom does turn around soon.

Joyce, I hope it was good news and not some kid drowning or something like that (:

PS, my first thought was to let it pass, but then after reading the girls notes here I agree that you should mention it especially to the powers that be so they can stress in the future that this is a privilage not a right and should be treated as such.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #10855
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Great Wolf Lodge, I bet the boys had a fun time!

I am willing to go see that zombie boyfriend movie, it looks amusing!

I am dealing today, with a quieter home with no surly teenager here. Still debating about whether or not to let her mother know about her behavior or let it drop. DH wants to say something, I'm tempted to let it go.

I am also dealing with a constant stream of snark in my inbox today. I am looking for snark repellent in my dresser drawers. I'll let you know if the hunt is successful. Applied for another job again today. Resume it out in three places.
Did you find snark repellant?

I have no advice on whether or not to tell the mom. I decided to let some things go a couple of years ago, thinking these were kids, they'd work themselves out, etc. Last year I discovered that the version the other mom had been given by her child was different from what I saw (I think it was more her pov than lying), some facts had been omitted, and my child was made out to be the bad guy in a pretty ugly situation. It's a tricky situation to know what to do.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #10856
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Hi girls.
I don't like zombies, vampires, spiders or snakes!!
Update: I am home. The trip went alright, I had great travel weather and just missed storms going there, beautiful going back.
My Mom went thru the surgery with no problem. They did stretch the esophagus. She did pretty well the first night, then by the next day said she felt as if there was still something "stuck there," and eating very little. She had a dr. appt today and they discussed the G-Tube. She is not a good candidate as her stomache has shrunk too much. I don't know if there are any other options from here.
I have pretty much dropped out of all activities in order to be there when needed. This is good and bad. Bad because I don't have a lot to preoccupy my mind...good because I am free to go when I need to. So no guilt to saying no to Meals on Wheels, Bible study, etc.
I don't like those things either.

I hope that they are able to find a way to help your mom get sustenance. I'm glad you'll be available to help when you can. You are a good daughter!

How is your dd doing in her new abode?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #10857
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
I'm thinking I would share PS. But I agree if there is a formal debriefing I would include it there.

Traci, I'm not a blind g-tube candidate eith. Thus, the picc line. Not a walk in the park by no means. Give her a couple of days, maybe it will get better. Day 3 was my turn around day. Hopefully they are encouraging her to keep sipping water, tea ect. Hit tea with powdered milk is a good alternative.

I had to call the dr and go back on Prevacid and carafate today. Not dealing well with this heart burn/nausea the past few weeks. Feeling sick doesn't help the eating so and the scale dropped below 135 this morning.

On a fun note, if you need something to do this week PTI is having ir anniversary celebration with huge prizes. I played along today. Hope to do a few more.

We finally planned our vacation last night. We booked a cruise for April. This will be our first vacation with out Ash she can't take 8 days off so soon.
I'm sorry you're having more issues, Joyce. You've been through the wringer!

Fun on a vacation! Sorry Ash can't go. I know you'll still have a great time!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #10858
Watercolor Wizard

Good evening, Dorkies!
My corset came today.
Yes, I wrote "corset".
I am in the process of putting together a early 1900 costume for a presentation I will be doing for with my sock machine. The costume wouldn't be complete without a corset! I can see why women were considered frail and fainted often. When the corset is pulled tight enough it is hard to breathe. I didn't even have it as tight as it could go.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #10859
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello everyone,
Karen, the lodge was on just to give an option for indoor fun. Nothing bad.

PS, what did you decide to do?

My hubs got me an overlock machine for my birthday. He is putting it together now then ill give it a try. No idea how to use it so this will be a learning experience.

Have a good day!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #10860
Watercolor Wizard

What is an overlock machine?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #10861
Duchess of Dork

Karen, so glad you decided on an outfit for the presentation!

An overlock machine is a serger: when you look at the seams inside of store bought clothes, it has a straight stitch plus what looks like a fancy zigzag with multiple threads. That's what an overlock machine does. I have my mom's old one. It is so complicated to thread (I used it a few times at her house years ago) that I haven't even pulled it out.

Joyce, have fun with that! HOpe it is easier than the old ones. What do you plan to sew with it?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #10862
Duchess of Dork

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Joyce,
Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUU!

And many more...
And may you have no trips to the hospital this year!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #10863
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Joyce!!
Enjoy your new machine. That sounds like a nice machine.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #10864
Stazon Splitcoast

Our youngest DD moved to Denver last week.
We owned the condo and it has not been vacant in 6 years to be able to deep clean. Now guess who has been scrubbing on her hands and and knees all week? DH also has helped. But cleaning gunk from 6 years is just plain gross. I don't know how people can live like that..even college students. Dd also came up last night to help. Not the best attitude, either.
I am frustrated. And tired.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #10865
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks everyone! 2 night eating out, I'm over stuffed! But it was good

I really have no plans on what to do with it. I did take in a pair do Ashlyn's scrubs this morning and it worked wonderfully. It's so much nicer then having raw edges. I hope to make myself a dress. We will see how that goes.

Traci, I feel your frustration!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #10866
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce...is it hard to thread like Lori mentioned? That's what would make me go...duh. I am really wanting to start sewing a little bit. Bit first I need to find my manual and figure out how to thread it and all again. So many cute crafts on Pinterest now. I doubt I would ever attempt clothes again. Good for you for sewing the scrubs.
How is Ash liking her job?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #10867
Duchess of Dork

Traci, that sounds like hard work. Our house is gross. It was super gross when we moved in. Actually, we cleaned a LOT before we moved in. BUT, we always clean thoroughly when we move out. That's sad that people leave it in a bad state when they leave. Even in college we thoroughly cleaned & they STILL didn't give us all our deposit back. Very irritating! Our last house they tried to claim we ruined the carpet by not letting it dry after steam cleaning. Note: we lived in the house 10 years & the carpet had never been changed. EVER. We talked to our current landlord & a lawyer friend & sent a note stating that 1) after x amount of time (I think 5 years), carpet is no longer usable & must be changed out. 2)the house was not reopened after we left for well over 24 hours. We knew this b/c I went by to leave a key & the house had not been touched. 3) we had a lawyer & used his name on the letter 4) listed Texas laws about rent & deposits 5) listed things the home owner had never done. We got a check in the mail with no further comments from the property manager nor the home owner.

Traci, when I saw on FB that PS had a friend who'd lost a parent, I was so afraid it was your mom. I am SO relieved it isn't!

Joyce, how is your serger to thread?

I'm pooped. Made 2 different Valentine's treats for Girl Scout V-day party tomorrow. Nat made one. I've been trying to find food Phil can eat. Some times it works, sometimes not. His throat is so very sore now, plus his mouth. He can drink shakes but he wants more substantial food. I'm about to try baby food. Also I'm trying to make him take pain meds (as in Tylenol or ibuprofen) often enough to help with the pain. If he'll take them 1 hr. before a meal I think it will be easier. We found almond oil helps some. I had some in the cabinet. Weird.

Bethany is still up making Valentines. She wants to hand make one for everyone. 22 girls. She's done with 13. We told her to just print some out. Sigh. I just told her she HAS to just print some out for the ones she doesn't get done tonight. Which means I need to track down more white cardstock.

I am SO hot. Outside it's not bad but our house just seems to hold the heat. I'm a bit concerned that when I have my surgery (set for 3/20) I'll be hit with menopause & be even hotter. Yikes! My . that took so long last month is now, 2 weeks later, already showing signs. I am so ready for surgery! but, we need to get Phil through treatment first. He has 5 more weeks. I just pray he can keep eating & not need a g-tube or Picc line. But if he does, I know someone whose been through that! I'll be asking you questions, Joyce, if it comes to that! I told him about the toddler food, too.

Need to shower & get to bed. Hugs!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #10868
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Happy belated birthday, Joyce!

Ah, a serger! I had one of those! gave it away to a friend who did quite a few repairs to hubby's clothes. I never used the darn thing. I don't think she has either.

Traci, pooper on the cleaning. That's no fun!

I spent the weekend priming and painting DS3's new room. The former toy room is now his space. He's pretty excited. Now I just need to buy him a bed. We have his old crib matress on the floor right now and last night is the first night he slept in his room! He fell asleep with DS1 in DS1's bed and I moved him later. The rest of the house is a mess in an effort to get everything else out of his room. UGH! Gotta get it all cleaned up before Friday when we get company.

Oh shoot, valentine's day is this week. Thanks for reminding me, Lori! I gotta dig out the v-day cards for the boys to fill out.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #10869
Proud Fan Club Member

The serger is color coded and came with a very helpful video. We had it together ane sewing in less then an hour including watching the video.

Lori, I think if he is having significant issues getting nourishment in I would be proactive with alternatives. I find hot tea very comforting to my throat and you can boost the protein with powered milk, just regular milk is a good source of protein as well. Again kick it up with powered milk for ane star lost. Dehydration was a huge issue for me, even now I can't get enough fluids most days. Just have to constantly sip.

I'm thinking I need to start charging my daughter for a personal maid service. Sheis working full time.

Anybody playing along with the PTI challenges? I've done several so far.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #10870
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Beth!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #10871
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw Beth's birthday on FB and sent her wishes there!
Yesterday a friend met me at the condo and I finished cleaning all the woodwork, patio doors and all the door fronts. Magic erasers work wonders on scuff marks and dirt on doors. All the trim and doors are white. I tackled the pantry that had spills of red crusty stuff...and a vinegar ammonia water mix with baking soda sprinkled over got them amazingly white.

Lori, believe it or not, my parents had the same carpeting for 25 years at least. They were very worn out. They just replaced it. I think ours is 10 years old now and parts of it look new. If you spend more on the pad and get a good quality...it will last a long time, definitely more than 10 years. But in a rental with multiple owners, I would think it would need to be replaced sooner than that.
How are you and Phil doing? I read your post about menopause and being hot...I can say yes on that for sure.
Joyce, have fun with your new serger. Color coding sounds great!! And you are eating better, I hope?
Karen, that is pretty funny about a corset for your costume. I think I need one of those!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #10872
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesson learned. I will collect a cleaning deposit from now on if we continue to rent. In the past, they have been friends of our daughters, and we let it slide. Never again.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #10873
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Traci, I have a hard enough time cleaning up after us. I'd hate to do it after someone else moved out. Oh wait! I was a cleaning lady for 6 years...and I hated it. Are you all done now?

Nothing new to report here...
Happy birthday, Beth!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #10874
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't know you were a cleaning lady for six years Karen. The surprises that come out in the dork thread!

Traci, so sorry to hear about all of that gross cleaning, yuck! Just from your brief description sounds like it would turn my stomach. And I know what a clean person you are naturally.

Work has been very busy. The days are rather long, for me, usually start at eight or 8:30 and then done around 6:30 or 7:00. I did get a lot accomplished yesterday, hoping I can get through all of the tasks on my to do list for the week.

I did actually find time to make 2 very CAS cards this week and I am knitting as speedily as possible before bed tie because the temperatures are dropping again and I have a very warm pair of socks on the needles that I would like to have on my feet!

The boiler in our house went out again and we are hoping the repairmen can come today. So glad we have the wood stove, but it also means no hot water until their arrival.

The kids all appear to be doing well. My son is in Looooooovvvvveeee. He ought to have a good Valentine's Day. Anyone doing anything special? I am trying to figure out when I can slip away to the sporting goods store to get Jeff some fly fishing lures. Or bugs, or whatever they are called. I need the person behind the counter to just pick some out for me.

Oh! I started weight watchers online two days ago. I have kept within my points so far. Two days, ha! We'll see how it goes on the long run. I am glad fruit is free.

Praying for all of you gals, that's something I can do no matter what is occupying my fingers.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #10875
Proud Fan Club Member

Traci, that just sounds awful! I love the white sponges. ed bought me a case from ebay deal of the day, the whole case was less then a pack at walmart. i use them on everything. those clorox cleanup, and windex are must haves for me. I'm not loosing weight so eating is better, I'm tired of bland but anything remotely spicy or acidic makes me sick and burns.

PS, good for you! I need to log my food a few days a week to make sure I get enough protein and calcium.

Not much happening here today. Shopping for china, my parents want to buy me a set. Never registered when we got married, needed more practical things, but its become important to my parents that I have a nice set that they can add on to. Any suggestions? Never shopped for such things in my life.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #10876
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi my dear dorky peeps!

I kinow, I know....don't flip out and think we have been reincarnated or something.

Joyce, glad you had a happy birthday. The surger t hingy sounds so neat. I'm sure you will use it a lot if you are starting to sew and get things going. I need to pull out just my normal machine to fix a few things.

Karen, Wolf Lodge always sounds so fun. There is one in Cincinnat and I think that is theclosest. Hubby is not much of a water guy but I know the boys and I would LOVE it. Glad you guys had fun. I'm sure DS3 loves his new room. Might take a few nights to get snuggled in and comfortable in his new space. Good for you getting the quilt top finished. I'm sure it looks spectacular.

lTraci, wow...that is such a big job cleaning up a place. Yes, do add in a cleaning deposit or something aferwards. It's a lot to keep our own houses clean let along clean up after a rental. I feel like I HAVE been a cleaning lady most my life! Ha! Glad your mom is doing okay....saw the news on Facebook and said a few prayers.

Peggysue, how much longer is your exchange student with you? Ugh...I'm sorry that has not turned out as you wished. And poopy on the job...but goodie on the new job possibilities. Did you get the fishing flies...bugs....lures...or thingymabobs?? Hope so.

Lori, I'm glad things are going OKAY. Can't wait for these next few months to just pass so you guys will be over this hurdle. Boy, I never thought or knew about how all this stomache stuff w/ Joyce and Traci's mom.....I guess I just never thought about those types of issues...well, except when you had your original treatment, Joyce. I got a new student today and she has a g-tube. She was born at 24 weeks....is a cutie patootie!!! But, bless her heart, she has some big issues. Now with Phil....what a challenge. Green tea?? Hot tea?? I think that would be so soothing. What about protein shakes?? or some of those green shakes?? I have a great recipe if you want it. Babyfood...you knnow...it can be an option!! My mom had to take some for a few weeks after she had her stomach bypass. She has lost 70 lbs, btw. She looks amazing!!!

Okay, enough for this post.I'm sure you are tired of reading it! LOL!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #10877
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. So sweet. I had a great day. My teaching assistants brought in breakfast and cupcakes for the kids for snack later. They gave me a gc to Kohl's...sweet funny cards...just a fun time. The boys and I ordered a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys. Ben had bball practice later and Doug met us there after work. Then we all went to a frozen yogrt place here. So yummy! Boys got me a big bag of M&M's...my downfall. And, hubby got me this clip thing to wear that acts like a pedometer.....gauges your steps per day, calories burned, hours of sleep and how many times you wake during the night. it's about thie size of a phone ear piece that you clip on your bra or shirt or in your pocket or something. Pretty neat. It automatically syncs up to the website when I'm sitting by my computer. It's called a Fitbit. Kind of cool and VERY easy to use.

Boys are both playing Upwards basketball. It's through a church near her and we LOVE it...they love it too. We arejust plugging away with church stuff, school stuff, famly stuff....you know...life! Still doing my stampin classes....

I'm fighting a cold....uck!!!!

Well, it's nice to be here for a bit. Love and miss you girls....

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #10878
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Look at all the activity that has been going on here! It's great!

Yes, I cleaned a neighborhood house on Saturdays for 6 years from when I was a Freshman in HS until Sophomore year of college. I hated it. She did NO housework in between my visits. Her son chewed tobacco and left his spit cups all over the house as well as his used condoms...his girlfriend's earrings were on his night stand and the dog bit me. It was cash and she was flexible with my visits so I put up with it.

Beth, enjoy your new little kiddo in your classroom and you could go to a waterpark without your hubby. Take another mom and her kids...just a thought. DH doesn't like them either. He sits and reads the whole time.

Lori, How's PHil doing?

PS, those are long hours. Geesh! Congrats and good luck on WW. Keep us posted so we can help cheer you on.

Joyce, glad you are holding your own with your weight this week. Keep it up!

Traci, How are you today? Cleaning done? How's Mom doing?

Went to Ash Wednesday mass last night. Boy, the younger two boys were naughty! It drove me bonkers! We scooted out after communion. It was late too and they needed to start getting ready for bed.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #10879
Proud Fan Club Member

Beth, I've heard of the fit bit, Ash wants a Nike fuel band, you'll have to let me know how you like the fitbit. Maybe she should go that way. The fuel band comes in sizes and seems a bit expensive.

And thanks on the shake recipe offer, but after fluids for sux months a milk shake doesn't even sound good yet.

Congrats to your .mom, that is wonderful!

Karen, boys will be boys! Did they speak of the
Popes resignation. It seems to be getting mixed emotions here. Many think there is more tothe story then is being made public. The church has enough turmoil I hope this change can move things forward.

I'm reading a book called Me Before You, it's a very emotional read, unique story, thought provoking for sure. It's about life choices, I cried!

Today's my big shopping day with my Mom, wish me luck!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #10880
Watercolor Wizard

Joyce, no the priest did not. It's funny you mention there is more to the story because as soon as I heard of the resignation I said out loud, "I wonder who's blackmailing him and for what?"

GOod luck today!