Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #10721
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon! Hope everyone is doing well! Busy, busy day at work.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #10722
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, glad the van lost a little weight and made it through!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #10723
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi gals! Things are going pretty well, here.
Lori, that sounds like a dorky thing I might do...glad your Malibu made it!
Peggysue, hopping the job is going better and you have something fun planned for the weekend.
We have been at around 70 , and the weathers supposed to plunge about 50 degrees. I need to get my flu shot and then pray I don't get sick. The temp change means a lot of people will probably get sick.
Have you all done your shopping? I have done almost entirely online shopping this year. Yay me. I enjoy shopping on foot when it is just for fun. Like today, I went to Home Goods and bought a new tree skirt...thinking maybe it would make me want to put decorations on the tree. Even at Steamboat, I was the only one who decorated. DD looked up mulled wine recipes, but wasn't interested in learning how to make big bows for the tree...she did help to hang a few ornaments, though.
Karen, I tracked your package last night, and it was stuck in WI. Sure hope it budged today.
Joyce, how are you feeling?
Hi had lunch with Cindy today...we hadn't seen each other in months...so was good to catch up! I just love her...she said hi to all of you.

Last edited by tracim; 12-06-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #10724
Duchess of Dork

I think I've gained what weight the Malibu lost! If I went on some kind of Malibu diet maybe....

Traci, no shopping at all here. Well, not true. We got a gift for MIL. That's it. We haven't had a b-day party for Natalie yet. I've been cleaning the living room trying to get space to put the tree up. I've decided we need a little Christmas right this very minute.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #10725
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, it must be hard to get in the christmas spirit with such warm weather.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #10726
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Traci, I'm jealous. Of your weather. I went to Florida and Tennessee to find sun and it still illudes me! I guess I should have come your way. My shopping is pretty much done as well. Mostly online, and more expensive.

I'm doing really well. I started walking and am trying to get enough protein in. I'm having some pain but I think moving will help some of the joint issues. I think I just need to move them to get them lubricated and back in motion.

Lori, aren't dork moments great, it's so nice to laugh at yourself.

With all my traveling my tree still needs to be decorated. It's uo and lit but doesn't have a bobble on it yet. And no one really needs anything so no idea what to buy.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #10727
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Joyce...our weather has been unreal warm...setting records. We are in a major drought, and the ski areas are praying for snow. We have a cold front coming tomorrow. So glad you're feeling a bit better and walking, yay!
It's Friday, I think I am going to have to order pizza. I like mine with lots of black olives!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #10728
Stazon Splitcoast

My tree is up, and I am thinking hard between leaving half of my boxes of Christmas decor in the basement, the other half of me wants to start a cool craft on Pinterest files. But we won't be here for Christmas this year...so not sure if that makes any sense.
Karen, I got your cute Christmas photo card, thanks so much!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #10729
Duchess of Dork

Karen, yes, it is hard when it's warm. Apparently, though, I am warmer than others. I was in shorts when others had on long sleeves!

Joyce, come here for heat!

Traci, I want to do so much from Pinterest. We are going to make a new wreath.

Had a PC show at Mom's. Went well. Yea!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #10730
Watercolor Wizard

Lori, please email me your address. Your christmas card came back because I went off an old address list.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #10731
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey everyone,
I'm not sure i would do a lot if I wasn't going to be there either Traci, just do what makes you content.
Lori, I've never been to Texas. That would be fun. I'm betting there are lots of fun dancing places there. My dagger would love to come and line dance at every place possible.

I just ordered dinner from a Chinese restaurant. I had to order 20$ worth so ill be eating Chinese for the next 3 days!

Last edited by ashjoy; 12-08-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #10732
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure i would do a lot if I wasn't going to be there either Traci, just do what makes you content.
Lori, I've never been to Texas. That would be fun. I'm betting there are lots of fun dancing places there. My dagger would love to come and line dance at every place possible.

I just ordered dinner from a Chinese restaurant. I had to order 20$ worth so ill be eating Chinese for the next 3 days!
Joyce, you might want to leave your dagger at home. In Texas a gun might be okay, but I'm not sure a dagger would pass airport security. I've never seen a dagger dance. It might be a pretty sharp dancer! LOL!

Spell check does some funny things to words. I was trying to type Zyrtec on a list & it kept changing it to critic!

We used to have more places to dance when Country was the "in" music. I'm not a C & W music fan, but in high school that's all we had for dancing places. I rarely went, but did go a few times. I'm sure there are still places here for it & your dd would have a super time.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #10733
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Lori, please email me your address. Your christmas card came back because I went off an old address list.
Will do! I will TRY to get cards out this year. I found a bunch I"d made that I hadn't ever sent, so at least I can know I'm sending handmade cards even if they aren't current.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #10734
Proud Fan Club Member

Lol Lori, this iPad sure does make me stupid for being a smart device!

Country music is totally in again. Kid Rock is even country now. I'm a rocker at heart, but there are some country music men I like (and their music, ha!) but I don't like winey women or that country twang.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #10735
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw the message about the dagger and it made me laugh! Hmmm, laughing at sharp implements...wonder what that says about ME? Lori would know, with her extensive experience around knives.

Lori, the other night I couldn't sleep and was watching some show about prisons. They were in one in San Antonio. There are some scary people there and I for one was very glad they were behind bars. Although I doubt the people in similar circumstances in my area are like fluffy bunnies in nature.

Made a batch of Christmas cookies this evening, going to mix up some more dough tomorrow. Another day, another cookie.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #10736
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Christmas Peeps!

Karen, how is DS1? I hope all better bynow! Poor kid. I hate it when they are sick. And WOW on teh Master Knitter. I didn't know there was such thing either. That's cool. And you are chopping wood again. Seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were talking about that.

Peggysue is in the Christmas spirit.....trees up, baking...Mmmmmm. I don't think I'm going to get in much baking thisyear. I used to do it more when I ran the daycare and could get it done when the kids were sleeping...but these days....just can't seem to get it done. How is the work situation, PS, with the supervisor??

Joyce, glad you had fun in sunny Florida. It does feel good, though, to sleep back in your own bed, though. How sas Ash's first day at work? I'm sure it went super! Ut-oh on the shoulder.....feel better!!

Lori, You are a pretty sharp thinker there on your puns. LOL! Makes me laugh.

Traci, how fun to have lunch with Cindy. I would love tohave been there too. We are getting some rain here. It's been gray and dreary for a few days. I'm ready for sun. I'll gladly pass the rain to Colorado. I'm sure Indiana hasn't caught up from the drought this summer though. Crazy.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #10737
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been a little crazy around here. Doug's parents were at his brothers for about 2 weeks, then are here for 2 weeks. They have beenhere 1 week already and on Saturday morning like at 4:30 a.m. Doug's dad comes to our bedroom door. Mom is sick. She had cancer about 10 years back and they took out her lymph nodes on her left side/underarm. So fluids do not regulate themselves through her left arm very well at all. It tends to pool there and if she gets a bug or bacteria in there, it doesn't flush out as fast as anormal person and just festers inside her arm. She was hotter than blazes, her arm was swollen and red and hot to the tough. She was not responding well at all to us. The guys (Doug and his dad) were afrait to try to carry her down our steps for fear of falling or dropping her so they called the EMT. Got her to the hospital..Doug and his dad drove over and I stayed here w/ the boys. She's better now and they have been pumping her full of antiobiotics...very strong doses of them. She should be home tomorrow. This is the 3rd time this has happened to her in 10 years or so but by far, this is the worse bout with it. Poor thing. It was scary and I felt bad for her but I'm glad she will be home tomorrow. Funny thing is, with 3 EMT guys here and an ambulance with lights flashing out front (they kept the sirens off till they got out of the neighborhood) both the boys stayed asleep durning the whole ordeal Sat. morning.

anyway, Doug and I are taking tomorrow off to just be here and help get her home. She seemed in good spirits tonight when the boys and I went up to see her.

Then my parents are coming down because Ben's first orchestra concert (he's playing the viola) is tomorrow night and he's been chosen to be in asmaller ensemble of players for part of the concert. I'm so excited for him. I think he's excited too. We are hoping Doug's mom feels good enough to go but are trying to prep Ben that she may not feel like it. I know she will if she has any strenght in her at all. I've told you before what an angel she is.

Anyway, crazy times...but God is good to keep all safe and in His care with good doctors, etc.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #10738
Stazon Splitcoast

Ahhhh, I love days off. Got the boys on the bus. Walked 2 miles w/ the dog. Fixed breakfast. Got 2 loaves of banana bread in the oven. We are waiting to hear from Doug's dad at the hospital as to when we can get my dear MIL home.

Hope you all aer having a good day!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #10739
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!
I should be doing some decorating, but I am taking the afternoon to stamp, instead.
Beth, sounds like Doug's Grandmom couldn't be in better hands...I hope she feels better and can make it to Sam's recital. You must be a very proud Mom!!
Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #10740
Duchess of Dork

Beth, so glad your MIL is okay. Sounds like lymphodema (I think that's right), I think. It's what Kathy can get b/c of removing lymph nodes under her arm when they removed her breast. It sounds awful! She has to be super careful not to get her arm too hot or cold & avoid bug bites, etc. Let us know how the concert goes!

Traci, stamping is fun! I actually colored today. It was fun!

For those who for some reason didn't get the email, I've set up a Caring Bridge page for updates on Phil: CaringBridge / Phil Garrison / Welcome

Up to late 3 nights in a row. Good night!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #10741
Proud Fan Club Member

Im In the Christmas spirit as well. Tree is finally decorated, lights are up outside, the mantle is set, stockings hung. Yeah! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
We are baking cookies the 22nd. Although I may do a batch or 2 before. I like to have everyone over to bake. It's kind of a girls day for us. Then the men come in the evening and we order pizza. I'm actually having a candle light dinner this year. I hate having to rush for noon, so just having brunch then a nice dinner.

Beth, so glad she is doing better. And glad the boys slept thru all that.. Those kind of things can be scary.

Speaking of scary, did you all see the news about the shootings in the elementary school. I can't even imagine.

Lori, I saw the caring bridge but was unable to log in to post. Ill try again from home.

Have a lovely day beautiful ladies!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #10742
Duchess of Dork

Such sad news, Joyce. No words can express how sorrowful this is.

No new news here. Been dealing with the nightmare pains I have each month. I really want my surgery. So frustrated, but need to get Phil better first.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #10743
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!!
Sorry I have been AWOL. I have been enjoying my vacation!

Beth, by now I hope MIL is home and recovering well.

Lori,Please try and take care of yourself amid the hustle and bustle around Phil. It won't do any one any good if you run yourself down.

Traci, how are the girls doing?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #10744
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning dorkie friends.

Lori, I think we are on the same cycle. I still get monthly acne. I'm going to shoot you a pm with a thought.

It's very quiet here I hope that means everyone is enjoying their family for the holidays.

Have a gret day!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #10745
Duchess of Dork

Hola Dorkitas! That means hello little dork girls in Spanish. ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Yeah, living close to the border makes me an EXPERT in the language. Dorkitas sounds more like some kind of appetizer!

Thanks Karen & Joyce. Today I am going to the PA b/c I have swollen lymph nodes on my neck. One at the base just above the collar bone is the size of a goose egg! Hoping it's an infection, only b/c other options aren't pretty.

I could NOT fall asleep. I take melatonin & it normally helps. Not for the past 2 nights. I must have been up til after 3:30 (I actually got in bed by 2---I know, still too late). I woke at 7:45 knowing I had one hour to sleep. I woke up at 9:40! My appt. was set for 9:45! Talk about dorky! I called & thank the Lord they are moving it to 11:15. Phew!

We got our tree up! YEA!!!!

Love you gals!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #10746
Watercolor Wizard

Hola Dorkitas!! Que tal? That's about all for me. Aunt Flo paid a visit here too. She's so mean. I also still get monthly acne. It's like a big advertisement! She's coming, she's coming!

Just got back from the pool. I swam 1.5 miles. It feels good to be back in the pool. Now I've gotta get on my sock machine and crank out one last pair of socks for Christmas this weekend.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #10747
Proud Fan Club Member

Hola dorkita amigos! I think that jello my dorkie friends.

Crazy adult acne!

7pm and I'm tired already. Anybody want to clean my fridge befor Saturday. That's really the last thing that needs done befor the festivities begin Saturday. I wish I was making socks, that looks so fun!

Karen, what a lovely family you have, thanks so much for the Christmas card. It's nice to put faces with names, or acronyms.

I made beef barley soup tonight, it smells so good, I tried it but I just can't do beef yet. So getting a salad with chicken. This will be my first salad. Wish me luck.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #10748
Stazon Splitcoast

Goof. I mean boot. Well, both. Wll try to check in later. Busy getting ready to go,to StEamboat.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #10749
Watercolor Wizard

Holy Blizzard, Batman! Yep, it's been quite a weather day. School was closed today and again tomorrow.
The kids spent about 2-3 hours outside this AM shoveling and building forts. Then they went out again for about an hour this afternoon. I finally finished the socks after noting that yesterday I turned the heel twice! Does anyone know a person with two heels on one foot?? So, I ripped that out and redid the socks today. I wrapped presents today for our Christmas this weekend at my brother's house. Only missing one gift. The problem is it is a big one. It is a gift card for my Dad, but it was in the envelop with the Great Wolf Lodge GC. Anyone seen it?? I am just sick about it.

Tried a new pizza recipe tonight and hubby liked it (hallelujah!) I got it from America's Test kitchen. The kids and I also made sugar cookies. They had fun with that.

Joyce, good luck with eating!

Traci, you wanna clean my refrigerator too?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #10750
Watercolor Wizard

Found it! DS3 must have taken it(?) It was in the toy room on the computer desk. Whew!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #10751
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you found it, Karen!
We are bringing the gifts to Steamboat this year, and since the condo family area isn't large, I brought small gifts and not too many. Tom got the girls ski gear last week, took them out and that was their main gift.
I have been busy, but not overwhelmed. Just a little rushed for the last minute push to get up here. Nice to have the shopping done and just a little bit of wrapping.
Lots of new snow, and some icy roads, but I drove slow.
What is everyone else up to?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #10752
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't offer to clean anyone's fridge. In fact, I always feel the need to clean our house up before leaving for my friend who dog sits our old dog, Copper. She gets paid, and we don't have another dog running around here. But I never know if she is spending the nightso it is like getting ready for company...then leaving.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #10753
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, if you check in...hope work is going a bit better. Miss ya!!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #10754
Gabfest Goddess

Boofing in quick

Thanks to those that sent me birthday card that was so sweet of you since I didn't get any out to ya all this year.

Karen got your christmas card you guys look great can't believe how big the kids have gotten! Way to cute though!!!

My christmas cards are going out tomorrow so they will be late. lol Dh helped me this year so I am warning you all they are simple and some things he got a little crooked. ( I can't complain since he did help.) lol But they were made with love from us

Don't know if I will get a chance to pop back on it's been a tad nuts for me since dh is laid up still. First few weeks were pretty rough hardly any sleep until week 3 of his recovery. He ran out of pain pills and since we had the surgery out of town and what they gave him could only be given to him in person he went without pain pills for 24 hours. I hope to NEVER go through that again and I am sure dh doesn't want to ever go through that again. lol It was pretty rough I had to do a 10 hour drive on 2 hours of sleep and still clean a job when we got back home that day. Thank goodness for my parents helping with what they can. So it has been rough but now Dh is doing really good and were slowly moving along on the healing and I am finally getting more than 3 hours of sleep at night!! lol Since then my dad fell and tore a tendon in his knee for sure not sure what else yet he doesn't see a specialist until the 27th. Hopefully he willn't need surgery too. So 2012 is going out with a bang! lol

So Merry Christmas Dorks!!! I hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store

Last edited by catrules; 12-22-2012 at 07:01 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #10755
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone, just popping in quick to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

It's been very busy here, dh has a mine procedure this week, then finished shopping Friday, cookie party yesterday, dh's birthday today, my Moms family get together tonight. I actually came onto go to Karen's blog for the cheese cake recipe. I'm going to get that done today I hope!

I finally cleaned my fridge today. Must be something about the holidays, I hate people seeing in my fridge if its messy. Which seems to be all the time.

Safe travels everyone!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #10756
Duchess of Dork

Merry Christmas! We're at MIL's. Just wanted to pop in to say howdy to you all and wish you a very merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #10757
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #10758
Proud Fan Club Member

This is the best cheese cake I've ever had, I did not water bath, and it didn't crack! It was beautiful!

2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
8 ounces marscapone cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 whole extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Optional crust:
To make the crust, combine 10 graham crackers crumbed, 2 T sugar, and 6 T. melted butter until moistened. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan. With your hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.

Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.

To make the filling, cream the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well. Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary. With the mixer on low, add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour into the cooled crust.

Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 225 degrees F and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the center. Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the cake from the springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of the cake. Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.

For topping, I made blueberries I picked last summer.
1 quart blueberries
2 T sugar
1t lemon zest
Juice from 1 lemon, the drop lemon in pan.
Cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove lemon, chill and serve.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #10759
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, it's a combination of a few different recipes. Just thought I would share.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #10760
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Joyce, thanks for sharing that. I will have to try it sometime. I think it is a good sign that you had some cheesecake!