Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #10681
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

Hubby is not happy that I have to take out his soda drawer to fit the 5 gal. bucket in the refrigerator for the turkey. Oh well!

Here's a link to the shawl I made my mom for christmas:

Ravelry: Karen1343's Karen Lynn's Daybreak
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #10682
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Good morning, Dorkies!

Hubby is not happy that I have to take out his soda drawer to fit the 5 gal. bucket in the refrigerator for the turkey. Oh well!

Here's a link to the shawl I made my mom for christmas:

Ravelry: Karen1343's Karen Lynn's Daybreak
It's pretty Karen!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #10683
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Really lovely scarf, Karen...that looks like an intricate design and I see by your notes you had to unravel it a few times. That would unravel me, for sure!! What a beautiful gift!!
I had my brother and sis-in-law here since Thursday...it was so nice as they have only visited Colorado when somebody died. Why is it sometimes family only comes for funerals? So this was great, we went to Estes Park yesterday and saw a herd of elk hanging out at the back lawn of The Stanley Hotel. The hotel is a historic landmark where the film, The Shining, was made. Creepy, but it was fun to see the elk.
I had hives. Just stress related, but they were bad for 2 days. Tried not to bring too much attention, because my sis in law thought they might be the cause of it, but no...they weren't. Taking Zyrtec for a few days has helped.
Joyce, good luck to Ash on her job...that is always the way it goes. From zero to ninety in a matter of days...but she is young and she has you and her Dad on her side, so the sky is the limit!! She will do great!
Lori, how is the turkey going? Or did you already cook it?
I am celebrating the fact that I do not have to do a turkey this year. Turkey trauma averted for one more year. Yippee!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #10684
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so glad you gals are talking turkey...before I type one more word I need to get my frozen turkey out of hibernation and put it in the refrigerator...

Okay! Turkey transfer successful!

Karen that is a lovely shawl. Wow, that must have taken a chunk of time! Sorry the socks are not cooperating. I get in plenty of knitting time in the car on the weekends going back and forth, back and forth, to church for service and then youth group. DH does a youth group on Saturday nights as well and I've told him a few times that an entire weekend devoted to youth groups is a bit too much and could we maybe cut it down to one, but I don't think he will alter his schedule any. He feel obligated to the kids.

Anyone ever watch Devil Wears Prada? Ummm, yeah, I watched that the other night. More applicable to my situation right now than breaking wind. or dawn. or perhaps Tony Orlando and Dawn breaking wind? I will make this work. I will make this work.

Paid bills this evening. The insurance company takes a long time to sort out. I have to keep a close eye on things so we don't wind up paying anyone twice and it requires a lot of time on the phone.

DH has to go to S.C. again in a few weeks. Trying to get that figured out. Then again in February. He might need to be down there for about two weeks. He says no, but you know when you get that feeling about something? I don't think he's going to be able to get away to come back home as quickly as he believes.

I am happy the girls are coming tomorrow and Wednesday. HAve to work full days, but I am not turning the computer on Thursday or Friday at all!

I am still working on those socks, but am on sock number two! Will post a pic once I am done. Haven't touched a stamp in a few weeks, no time right now. Traci if you could pass that message along to the gals at SSIC, that would be great.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #10685
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, Hi!
I will pass that message along for you. And so happy your kids are coming, but I sure do wish you did not have to work!! I can not imagine how full your life is if you are
Doing Sunday commutes as well. Hope your DH is helping out more around the house.
And if you won't be back on...Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #10686
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

The first turkey went in the brine this AM! Woo hoo!
I can't wait to get my refrigerator back. I have so much stuff stuffed in there, it is crazy!

Yay on the kids coming home and not working for 2 days. How's the job going?

Hi, Traci!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #10687
Pearl-ExPert

Popping by to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #10688
Gabfest Goddess

Morning ladies!

Life here has been INSANE! Monday was dh's surgery we got home late last night finally. I REALLY hope this takes care of everything so we don't have to go through this again the 3rd time is NOT a charm. lol

I wanted to pop in and at least say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you! I hope your able to spend the time with you loved ones and give thanks.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #10689
Gabfest Goddess

Karen your shawl is beautiful!! Your mom will love it and it's even more special since you made it!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #10690
Gabfest Goddess

I speed read to kinda catch up

PS congrats on the job hope it all goes good for you. Think of you often. Yay on the kids coming home sorry about your MIL.

Traci "turkey trauma" made me laugh glad you had a good time with family sorry about the hives!

Karen turkeys sound soo yummy!

Joyce yay on Ash's job that is exciting! Hope the insurance gets worked out it is such a pain. Hope your feeling better too lots of prayers for you.

Lori hope all is going good prayers for you too.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #10691
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi gals! I am popping in to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, I know it is 2 in the morning here I am going to bed now, really!

Glad to have the kids here. Turned off my work computer at 5:15 today and that felt good although I am thankful to have the employment, I am truly. Things will sort themselves out, a new job is always stressful.

Turkey has thawed although I didn't brine it. But it is ready to cook. Girls will help with the vegetable side dishes. DH is going to make sweet potato biscuits.

Too tired to think what else there was to say, but I do keep you gals in my prayers. Hugs and wishing you all a fabulous holiday!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #10692
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi friends...hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We went to Toms Dads...youngest dd went, oldest spent her first Thanksgiving away in New York with her bf family. I managed that prett well. We had a nice time.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #10693
Duchess of Dork

Holly, it's always good to see you pop in!

Hope everyone had a super Thanksgiving.

PS, so glad your kids are there. Did all 4 come? Counting your son in law as a kid!

Traci, i'm glad younger dd was with you. Also glad you did okay with older dd being gone. It's funny to think we've "watched" your girls go from teens to women in the time we've known you here!

My nephew & family were in NYC from Saturday til today. Her dance team (she teaches at a local high school) was in the parade. This was her 2nd time to have a team go. She also danced/marched as a Texas State University Strutter. This year the Strutters were invited, so she got to see them, too. We recorded it so we could ff through last night.

I'm pooped. Ready for a day at home tomorrow without having to be on my feet all day.

TTFN
Old 11-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #10694
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Happy belated Thanksgiving!
I hosted this year so that is why I wasn't around...too busy getting ready and then a trip to MIL's.

Thanksgiving was a huge success for me. The only SNAFU and really it turned out to be a blessing, was that the turkey was done cooking at 7 AM!!! I had a 21 pound turkey. I put it in the oven at 4:30 AM thinking it would be done by 11:30 AM and we could eat at noon. I went to check on it at 7 and the little red popper was up! I freaked! I took out my meat thermometer and sure enough it was done. I call my mom in a panic and we decided we'd slice it and put it in the crockpots to keep it warm. I think I might have my turkey done early every year. I was so calm and had a chance to enjoy the company instead of worrying about the food. I was exhausted afterwards though. Oh, I think the turkey cooked faster because I brined it in a 5 gal. bucket for 24 hours. I don't know why that would be, but that's the only thing I did differently because a 21 pound turkey should not be done in 2.5 hours.
I worked on a crocheting project in the car on the way up to MILs and after dinner went to the local yarn store and picked up some acrylic yarn to make a baby cardigan for a pregnant co-worker.
It's freezing up here. It's only 5 degrees right now and they have snow and ice on the roads. Coming from a 60 degree thanksgiving day to this is a bummer.

I am glad everyone seemed to have a good thanksgiving and that Holly was able to report in. (:
Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #10695
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, hate to break the news to you, but the weather turned very cold everywhere. Our Thanksgiving day was balmy and warm and lovely, sunny skies. Today we are starting our Michigan winter snow cover!

I am thankful for a nice, warm wood stove!

Traci, I am glad you handled it well (your daughter being in New York). I had three kids (thanks Lori!) but not my son. It was too expensive to fly him in from Spokane. He will be in the Chicago area for three weeks at Christmastime and is planning a mission trip to Cambodia for the rest of it. His church wants to start a program of microloans to ... people in Cambodia. Not sure what part. I don't know how much of his time we will get compared to the time he will spend in Illinois.

Karen, wow, I NEVER would have thought a turkey could cook that fast. Your oven must have a setting I've never seen on mine, like "instant turkey," similar to the "popcorn" setting on a microwave.

I am happily finishing knitting up some socks that no one likes except me. I bought some special Halloween yarn and I'm making the heels and toes in contrasting bright orange. I get plenty of knitting time on the way to church but have learned the hard way that complex patterns that actually require thought don't work well in the car. Better off with the basics, so socks it will be.

Had an absolutely wonderful time with the kids being in. We went out to dinner for Jeff's birthday yesterday for the first time in years. Olive Garden. I could have as much salad as I wanted and they have a few GF dishes, that aren't bad!

Made my first batch of Christmas cookies this evening. The family likes candy cane shaped butter cookies and these chocolate cookies that have a Rolo candy in the middle. Other than those two, I think I will try some reckless experimentation this year. Anyone have any reckless recipes to share?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #10696
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Good morning, Dorkies!

Happy belated Thanksgiving!
I hosted this year so that is why I wasn't around...too busy getting ready and then a trip to MIL's.

Thanksgiving was a huge success for me. The only SNAFU and really it turned out to be a blessing, was that the turkey was done cooking at 7 AM!!! I had a 21 pound turkey. I put it in the oven at 4:30 AM thinking it would be done by 11:30 AM and we could eat at noon. I went to check on it at 7 and the little red popper was up! I freaked! I took out my meat thermometer and sure enough it was done. I call my mom in a panic and we decided we'd slice it and put it in the crockpots to keep it warm. I think I might have my turkey done early every year. I was so calm and had a chance to enjoy the company instead of worrying about the food. I was exhausted afterwards though. Oh, I think the turkey cooked faster because I brined it in a 5 gal. bucket for 24 hours. I don't know why that would be, but that's the only thing I did differently because a 21 pound turkey should not be done in 2.5 hours.
I worked on a crocheting project in the car on the way up to MILs and after dinner went to the local yarn store and picked up some acrylic yarn to make a baby cardigan for a pregnant co-worker.
It's freezing up here. It's only 5 degrees right now and they have snow and ice on the roads. Coming from a 60 degree thanksgiving day to this is a bummer.

I am glad everyone seemed to have a good thanksgiving and that Holly was able to report in. (:
Karen, that does sound really fast for that size turkey! That's how long my 12 lb. turkey cooked! My mom started making hers the day before a few years ago, or at least early in the day, then all she does is keep it warm in the electric roaster (after cutting). I guess she cuts it, wraps it up & puts in the fridge, then warms it up. It normally is perfect, but was a tad dry this time. She doesn't brine. I did brine mine! Are you proud of me? LOL!

Coming home from a nearly 80 degree Thanksgiving to a nearly 80 degree house is a bummer, too. It did cool off a tad & was in the low 70's today. But inside I'm still in shorts!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #10697
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Karen, hate to break the news to you, but the weather turned very cold everywhere. Our Thanksgiving day was balmy and warm and lovely, sunny skies. Today we are starting our Michigan winter snow cover!
I'm pretty sure that it isn't very cold here, but low 70's IS colder than 100! LOL!

Quote:
I am thankful for a nice, warm wood stove!

Traci, I am glad you handled it well (your daughter being in New York). I had three kids (thanks Lori!) but not my son. It was too expensive to fly him in from Spokane. He will be in the Chicago area for three weeks at Christmastime and is planning a mission trip to Cambodia for the rest of it. His church wants to start a program of microloans to ... people in Cambodia. Not sure what part. I don't know how much of his time we will get compared to the time he will spend in Illinois.
I hope you do get to see him some. I'm sure it's hard when they get to those ages and are so busy.

Quote:
Karen, wow, I NEVER would have thought a turkey could cook that fast. Your oven must have a setting I've never seen on mine, like "instant turkey," similar to the "popcorn" setting on a microwave.
LOL!

Quote:
I am happily finishing knitting up some socks that no one likes except me. I bought some special Halloween yarn and I'm making the heels and toes in contrasting bright orange. I get plenty of knitting time on the way to church but have learned the hard way that complex patterns that actually require thought don't work well in the car. Better off with the basics, so socks it will be.

Had an absolutely wonderful time with the kids being in. We went out to dinner for Jeff's birthday yesterday for the first time in years. Olive Garden. I could have as much salad as I wanted and they have a few GF dishes, that aren't bad!
I've tried their GF dishes & they are pretty good! Or one of their dishes. Or something! You really had a reason to celebrate another year of life for Jeff!

Quote:
Made my first batch of Christmas cookies this evening. The family likes candy cane shaped butter cookies and these chocolate cookies that have a Rolo candy in the middle. Other than those two, I think I will try some reckless experimentation this year. Anyone have any reckless recipes to share?
I saw your pin about the gf cookies & repinned so I can find it again. Not that I need cookies!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #10698
Stazon Splitcoast

My work days begin and end with snarky emails from the person over me. You know how things don't happen for a long time and then seem to happen all at once? As I was getting the job offer for the position I accepted, I also had a nibble from someone I worked with 12 years ago, who has since started her own agency, about telecommuting for her. I did tell her that I have a full time job but want to stay in touch, because she didn't think she would have anything until the first of the year. She wants to stay in touch too, so I will be interested to see what develops. I don't know how long I want to work for someone who goes out of their way to try and make me feel like an idiot every day.

On another note, I think I might have successfully recreated a Black Forest cake for our exchange student. The big test is this evening. Have to make some whip cream frosting yet, so I'd better get cracking.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #10699
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Everyone must still be in a food coma, except our GF dorks, who have been posting (:

PS, how did the cake come out? I hope you can deal with the snarkiness until that other job possibly opens up.

Lori, shorts?? I am freezing the AM, I would love to have 70 degrees again!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #10700
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! My husband and youngest Dd left for Steamboat Thanksgiving evening from Denver (about 3 hr. drive) and I went home that night and collapsed. Then packed up and drive up the next day. We were all here, then they left, and it is just me for the past day and a half. I was tired out after having company, then getting ready for Thanksgiving, then driving up. So have been decorating and sleeping in and enjoying no responsibilities of any kind for two days. Then home again.
Don't hate me.
Ordering a few gifts online for our darters. I can never figure out something for DH that he hasn't already gotten if he wants.
He starts his new job on December 1st...not retired for more than a week. And knowing him, he will be immersed in that.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #10701
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, I am sorry for the negative comments from your superior...did someone have this position prior to you? And my guess is they left...sure hope the other job works out for you!
I am completely out of leftover ham from Thanksgiving that we brought here, time to venture out for supplies. Like pemican...or maybe pie.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #10702
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci s your husbands new job a business he s starting up or something he 's doing for someone else? And it sounds like you have been having fun!

Today was worse than any day so far except now she is copying her snark to other people in the company. It's okay, one day at a time and I can turn off my computer and walk away from it. I think this person is very unhappy and angry and I am not going to let it get to me.

Cake looks kind of funny, hope it astes all right. She's having two friends over to dare, so I'd better clear off the table. I figured out how to add gelatin to stabilize whipped cream.

All right, I'm adding this now because I'm on a regular keyboard instead of the iPad. That thing changes words in odd ways. Our exchange student had two friends over to have cake and they enjoyed it. She didn't have them over to dare, whatever that means to an iPad, oddness, lots of oddness.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, or hump day, yay for the middle of the week! Three days of nastiness to endure prior to the weekend!

Last edited by peggysue; 11-27-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #10703
Stazon Splitcoast

I figured the dare was can you say no to your fabulous Black Forest cake...ha! I bet it was delicious.
I may just stay here forever. Feeling like a hermit.
DH is going to be the president of a start up company. He is excited about it and the prospect of helping to build a company with integrity in politics.
We have had daughters dog, Daisy for almost two weeks. Now she (dd)is leaving to Washington, DC on business this Friday so looks like we will just keep her instead of trying to transfer her to Denver for 3 days. Good thing she seems happy and both dogs are getting along.
Lori, hope you are doing well. Are you making gifts this year at all
Joyce, saw you on FB...enjoy your trip.
And yay for hump day!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #10704
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen made my mom a gift for me...I will put it on my blog if I can find a model for it...so happy you did that, Karen.
And no food comas here...I am about out of food.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #10705
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

yes, yay! for hump day!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #10706
Stazon Splitcoast

Thursday...there is bound to be something special about this day somewhere, right? I will find it!
Yesterday there was no sarcasm or nastiness once...I think someone said something about the constant stream of snark. Anyway, it was a long day, but a better one.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #10707
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi there! I am home. I know everyone wanted to know this.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #10708
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hey ladies, still in FL but had to check in quick. I had a dream that Finn Turner won the lottery. The oddest thing, I saw the name on a billboard. Lol.

Today is my last day here so hoping for some sun, its been evading me this week. My dh said I could stay a few more days but I hate the costs to change tickets so will wait to come back. It's been high 60's low 70's but it seems cooler with the wind off the gulf.

I just read back a bit, glad Thanksgiving was nice for everyone. I didn't have to do anything other then start my Christmas shopping.

Have a great day. Will check in on Monday once I'm home and settled. Have a great day!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #10709
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I did buy a ticket, but I don't live in Missouri or Arizona, so I'm afraid I am not the winner. But if you dream the winning numbers some day before they are drawn, please do let us know so we can all share in the winnings.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #10710
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you all aren't in any comas or lost in the black forrest!

Joyce, glad FL is going well. did you go down for Thanksgiving? I didn't read back but half this page.

Traci, congrats to hubby for the new job. I though you were in Steamboat. Fun, fun!! I'm anxious to check out your blog and see the gift.

Peggysue, so sorry that someone is being a stinky diaper head. Gald you can shut off the computer and walk away. I think you are smart to keep in touch with your friend from12 years ago. Hopefully something with her will work out. People like your currenet super are just not fun to be around.

Karen, that turkey sounds so good. YUM! Glad you just happened to get it done early and now look what you discovered. A way to make live easier when you fix most of the food! I bet it was yummy!

Did everyone else have a good Thanksgiving? I can't believe it's December already. Our Ben had his 12th birthday this weekend....yesterday and today. Had 6 boys sleep over and took them to the matinee showing of The Rise of the Guardians. Excellent movie. I LOVED it and if you are a christian...there is much to compare. Worth seeing.

My inlaws are here till the 12th. Love having them around. They were at Doug's borthers for a few weeks and now here then they will head out to Oregon to Doug's sister's house for Christmas.

Everything else is going well around here. Just busy busy busy. Got 2 n ew kids at school this week. It's going okay but we have 8-10 kids now in each class which is pretty full for my group of kiddos.

It's been warm here too. We need to get our outside lights up for Christmas while it's so warm. We got the inside decorated Thanksgivign weekend. I knew if I didn't get it done now.....It would be a hard time to get it up and ready to enjoy.

Well, girls, just htought I'd check in a bit. Miss being here but life is just crazy as normal. This has been a tough year in some ways. Doug's work has been insane and he doesn't get home till after 8 most nights which leaves me being a single mom for most of the hours.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #10711
Duchess of Dork

*BOOF*
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #10712
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Beth! So good to see you.

I had a good weekend with this nice weather. We went and got our christmas tree on Saturday. I ordered the materials to start the course of becoming a master knitter on Saturday as well. I will need lots of encouragement! I was stumped already in the first swatch I have to knit. It took me two days to get the ribbing right (if in fact I did get it right). When I complete the level I send in a 2" binder with all of my work and then they critque it and send it back for reworks. One lady stated she had 9 pages of single spaced reworks to do. YIKES!
Then Sunday I took DS3 down to Madison to pick up the fabric for DS1 and DS3's blankets. In the afternoon I chopped wood and changed the oil in my car. I used to do that when I was single, but Joel took over when we got married.
I hope all is well with all of you.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #10713
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth it was so good to have you pop in! Cannot believe your boy is 12~ Glad he had a nice birthday. We finished our marathon of four November birthdays and on now to the holidays.

Karen that is so cool that you are going to try for master knitter. I had forgotten theere was such a thing, but if anyone can do it, you can! I'll be interested to see how it goes!

We got our tree this weekend too, went on Sunday afternoon inbetween services. Then in the evening we took the youth group to a super cool open air live exhibit called the Christmas Journey put on by a church NE of Traverse. They even had two live camels, wow.

Time to start my Monday. Hugs to all you gals!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #10714
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Beth, sounds like you are doing well. Are you till running? I went to FL the Saturday after a thanksgiving.

Karen, that sounds like a to of work, but I bet you'll learn lots a lot the way. Some day I my have to give knitting a try.

Traci, howvexciting for your husband. Ashlyn's first day is today. She had to be in Pittsburg yesterday to be at their headquarters today. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Ill be sure to share any winning numbers I dream up. I have the oddest dreams!

So, I had a nice week n FL, the light was actually ahead of schedule both times. Was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with my nice warm hubby, then I woke up atv1 am with nasty shoulder pain. I think I pulled a muscle lugging my suit case around. Anyway the dr wanted to be safe and do a sonogram today just to make sure it wasn't a clot from flying and being so sick recently. I think we are all good though. It fees a bit better after a shot and prednisone. Unfortunately I'm in a sling for a few days, which helps it feel better not using the muscle.

Have a great day!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #10715
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!
Glad to see you back, Joyce! Hope the vacation lingers and you can bask awhile longer.
Beth, it is so great to " see you." Can't believe your boy is getting that old already. And I so understand about the being a single mom due to your husbands work. That was my life for so long. It is so hard...you have the Skype now and all kinds of better ways to stay connected, but the late work hours are tough on everyone. I hope your classroom transition goes well.
And Karen, you always sound happy and productive! I will try to encourage you with the knitting too. Sounds like such a challenge.
Well, Our last REAL moms until mid-January is tomorrow, I made gift card holders for my ladies on my blog, took awhile but turned out cute! Then Meals on Wheels Wednesday and hopefully get my tree decorated. I finished in Steamboat bit haven't started here.
Ad DH started his job today!! I missed him...just hope it doesn't get too hectic.
Peggysue, that's a lot of birthfpdays! You must be superwoman! How did the cupcakes turn out? Yummy, I'm sure.
Have twodogs now...DD is traveling the world and we've had Daisy going on week 3 now, or four. Glad DH trained her on the electric fence. Things are going well in the dog department.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #10716
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

I was about 5 minutes into my drive to work today when DH called me to come home. DS3 puked once before I left. We thought that was just nasal drainage, but he puked again after I left. We worked it out that I would stay home today and DH tomorrow if need be. Ahh.... kids! I plan to be productive with my time and do a little cutting of fabric for DS1's blanket and some knitting for the master's program.

Good luck on the new jobs today for husbands and DDs!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #10717
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Karen, poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon! And mama can knit, knit, knit today inbetween other duties!

Traci how did DH's first day go? And how did DD's first day go Joyce! And now we have a new game, where in the world is Traci's oldest DD?

DH had our exchange student put out some of the Christmas decorations. I can tell she enjoyed it and would have up much more than we own if she could! I've never been accused of over-decorating for a holiday!

Weather was mild yesterday, all of our snow has melted but we are supposed to get more this week.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #10718
Proud Fan Club Member

Ashlyn's first day was great, she was excited to come home with all her new electronics for work. Tomorrow we ar leaving to visit a friend in TN, then she had to work a few days. Before being off for the holidays.

Karen, hope DS is feeling better.

Lori, praying for your concerns.

p.s, my tree is up but still I decorated. I wish I has a student to help.

Traci, is dd traveling for work or pleasure?

Will check in sometime over the weekend.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #10719
Duchess of Dork

Had to share my dork moment: I was at a stop sign behind several cars. They were turning left onto a busy road and I was turning right. The car in front of me, a rather small sports car, was able to go around them and turn right. I thought I'd try it but wasn't sure if the van would fit through. I made it easily and thought, "wow, the van is narrower than I thought." About 5 min. Later I realized...I was driving the small Malibu, not the van!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #10720
Duchess of Dork

Morning! Have a good day!