Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #41
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
New Whipper Snapper??? What did ya get??? Huh???
Laurie, I got Drill Sergent, you can see it HERE
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

I like it Karen!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #43
Watercolor Wizard

I meant Grill Sergent, not Drill.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

I know ya did! I think it's a great stamp!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #45
Duchess of Dork

First and foremost, thank you to those who counted down on the last thread. I can sleep better tonight. My OCD was just driving me CRAZY! LOL! Seriously, I did want it to get to 5000 but it didn't keep me awake. I"m not a good finisher, so when there is something I CAN finish, I feel a strong urge to do so. Now that we moved & VJ made it here without too many headaches, I feel that we can progress. HA! HA!

Can't remember all I just read, but I DID see gluten free cheesecake, new stamps & paper. Woo-hoo!

PS HAS to go back to Chicago or nearby if I ever get to go visit. It's a rule. We meet somewhere that as many dorks as possible can converge. Of course, if I ever get to visit my relatives in MA I can meet Wendy. Or if she can convince family members to have weddings in SA that would be nice. NOne of this LUbbock & Dallas stuff.

Hope Beth is doing well in TN. I've never been to Gatlinburg & I've never been to Boston in the fall (like the Pirates who don't do anything). I have been to Boston in the other 3 seasons, though. In case you wondered.

Traci, the diaper cake was a big hit. When mom saw it IRL she said, "OH, that's much cuter in person that it looked in pictures." Woo-hoo! Bethany lived in the bouncy seat & the swing, too. She didn't like the swing at first, but loved the bouncy seat. It was the only way I could keep her from screaming at times. Then there were times nothing kept her from screaming. It was a nightmare. We also borrowed an "Exersaucer" (I think they were fairly new 14 years ago) & she loved spinning in it. Little did I know spinning was part of autism. Guess I was encouraging that. Natalie liked the swing on low. She still doesn't care to swing fast. The first time I put her in the outside baby swing (hanging in a tree type), we pushed her high since Bethany loved that. Oh, my word. That child turned a hundred shades of green then pale. I yelled, "STOP THE SWING!" I just knew she would puke (she is my puker) but she didn't.

They did get some wonderful things. THey've already had 2 baby showers, so had a lot of items, but I considered the swing, bouncy seat & exersaucer the "Big 3" for saving a mom's life during babyhood. I think the other grandparents (on his side) bought the crib, etc. so they are pretty well set. It looks like they have a closet full of clothes, but I think most of those are hand-me-downs from baby Emery (who turns 1 this week!).

I bought 2 watermelons today. ONe is yellow meated. I've not had that type since I was a child. It's really good. It didn't taste good when I first tried it, but when I got a bowlful & ate it, YUMMO!

I am trying a product called Slim-Quick. I started today. I need to exercise, but I need help dieting, too. This is supposed to increase metabolism & also suppress appetite. considering I wanted ice cream (and bought some---low fat), I'm not sure it's suppressed anything yet.

OH, I almost spent money on paper pads today & am glad Michaels wouldn't let me use my coupon. I didn't know you could only use one coupon if they had several different TYPES in the ad. I know you can only use one 40% off, but they had these bonus coupons for 40% off certain things. They were both K & Co. pads. REally, I did NOT need to buy paper. It just was pretty & I thought it was a good deal. Turned out one was on clearance & wouldn't have been discounted anyway.

Hope you all have a nice night's sleep & a good monday. (I typed a good money).
Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #46
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Inflated tummy disease too!

PS, I made my final July project using the tin and paper you gave me. I want to make a matching card, but not tonight. I want to ink up my new whipper snapper stamp.
OH! I have IFD, too!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #47
Duchess of Dork

PS, thank you for the b-day card! Let's see, that gives me 2 mos. to send you one b/c your b-day is 2 mos. after mine. Maybe you'll have a new address by then!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #48
Duchess of Dork

Laurie, how is your Grandma? So sorry I forgot to ask earlier.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #49
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, I was about to ask when your birthday is.. DUH!!!
I laughed when you said the diet stuff isn't surpressing your appetite. Nothing will surpress mine! Then again, I haven't tried anything except putting my arms in a straight jacket. That does cure hand to mouth disease instantly!

I didn't get too far on playing with my new stamp. DS3 needed some snuggle time.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #50
Watercolor Wizard

PS, what a dork I am! Remember yesterday how I was saying that I have one favorite "happy birthday" stamp?? It 's the one on the Tilda card I just posted/what you saw in real life. DUH!

I did not like getting up this morning. I understand why Garfield said, "I hate Mondays"
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #51
Watercolor Wizard

Well, I hope that everyone has a Monday and not a Tuesday today!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 AM   #52
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend...ours was quiet, again. We went to the grocery store on Saturday, my stomach was bothering me Sunday morning, so we didn't go to church (although I told Tom and Christopher to go ahead...but they didn't). I haven't caught up yet...time just seems to slip away...

I did post 2 new Doodle Pantry cards on my blog -- Laurie has a bunch of new DP July 20 releases coming out tomorrow...some are very pretty and some are cute and all are great. Check them out through the link on my blog...

I'm so tired today...the pop-tarted teen across the street has reserved some firecrackers leftover from the 4th and has been firing one off every night anywhere from 12:30-2:30 am!!! It wakes me up and I can't get back to sleep...last night it was 2:30 am and I had trouble going back to sleep. My internal furnace was menopausing last night which didn't help matters...I sure hope he runs out of those dang firecrackers soon! Drives me nuts!!!

Then I had to get up to make an 8:00 am appt. to have my blood drawn...my liver enzymes were just a tad elevated from my medications and the doc just wants to keep an eye on things. I'm only take Mobic (anti-inflammatory similar to Celebrex, but they have a generic form) and my Rx Vitamin-D. Did I tell you that my initial bloodwork showed that I had a big Vitamin-D deficiency? Dr. Rapp said that that may be the reason for all my achey bones all the time and that once my Vitamin-D levels get up to normal...it may help get rid of a lot of that achiness that I have CONSTANTLY. I also take Mobic but would love to stop taking it altogether...but these old joints are not cooperating! Sigh...

I need to get busy doing some things around the house...TTYL! Oh and have a great MONDAY!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #53
Gabfest Goddess

Well I found you but not sure if you wanted me too snort. I had to search through the forum I didn't see a link to the new thread.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi I hope everyone is doing good.

Thank you all for the emails
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #54
Hardware Hotshot

hey! busy weekend. a funeral and a wedding. the wedding was fabulous- ocean side. just checking in, didn't have a chance to read back. Operation Clean House is in full swing so I better get back to it. bye!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #55
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. Holly, there was a link sweetie...honest!!!

Grandma is going home today. They say it's Angina. I need to brush up on my medical stuff.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #56
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Laurie, glad she is well enough to go home.

Lori, that is a problem with all of us. Be very carful with thos OTC things, they are still drugs and you really should talk with your dr before mixing them with other meds.

Karen, he is a cute stamp.

I plan on getting some laundry and cleaning done then maybe playing in the scrap room a bit later.

Have a wonderful week everyone.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #57
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Good morning!!
I agree with Joyce, Lori, those diet drinks may have things your dr. doesn't want...which reminds me I had ordered a meal replacement with vitamins that I haven't even started but also need to check it out with the premenopausal vitamins I take...which have other extracts...etc...besides the vitamins. Thanks for the reminder, Joyce!!

Laurie, I am glad your grandmom came home and hopefully is doing better!

Karen, was it difficult making a gluten-free cheesecake? That was sweet of you to do, and I think PS liked it!! Sorry you girls missed the yarn store. How far is it where you meet?

PS, you needed a break too, so glad you got one and with a fellow dork sis, it doesn't get any better!!

Lori, I just wanted to hear the applause for your diaper cake, so happy to hear everyone loved it!! And about the shower gifts too and you had a good time.

Well, when oldest DD comes, this is the trade, I get a dog and no car. I guess I'll have to ride the dog around town...wonder what kind of mileage she gets?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Holly, so glad you found us!! We did leave a countdown...but I always subscribe too!!
Hope you had a nice weekend!!

Wendy, a wedding on the coast sounds romantic, was it?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, my tummy was off yesterday too...I have learned that folic acid is the reason, my RA meds completely drain the folic acid in my body, and when I remember my supplements, it is much better. I have written down a few of the supplements we should be taking, and Vit D was on my list...I did not realize the achiness aspect, but it makes sense. I hope a nap is in order for you and your tummy feels better!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #60
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Grandma is going home today. They say it's Angina. I need to brush up on my medical stuff.
Angina is just a tightening of the chest, I believe.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #61
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Good morning!!
I agree with Joyce, Lori, those diet drinks may have things your dr. doesn't want...which reminds me I had ordered a meal replacement with vitamins that I haven't even started but also need to check it out with the premenopausal vitamins I take...which have other extracts...etc...besides the vitamins. Thanks for the reminder, Joyce!!

Karen, was it difficult making a gluten-free cheesecake? That was sweet of you to do, and I think PS liked it!! Sorry you girls missed the yarn store. How far is it where you meet?
PS, you needed a break too, so glad you got one and with a fellow dork sis, it doesn't get any better!!

Lori, I just wanted to hear the applause for your diaper cake, so happy to hear everyone loved it!! And about the shower gifts too and you had a good time.

Well, when oldest DD comes, this is the trade, I get a dog and no car. I guess I'll have to ride the dog around town...wonder what kind of mileage she gets?
not at all. The filling itself is already GF, so it was just a matter of finding a FG crust recipe. I found this one HERE
The only thing I had to buy was the GF baking mix.

The recipe I used for the cake is HERE
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #62
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
not at all. The filling itself is already GF, so it was just a matter of finding a FG crust recipe. I found this one HERE
The only thing I had to buy was the GF baking mix.

The recipe I used for the cake is HERE
Hey, Karen, that's the same crust I use! It's SO good. I can eat the crust right out of the mixing bowl.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #63
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, I was about to ask when your birthday is.. DUH!!!
I laughed when you said the diet stuff isn't surpressing your appetite. Nothing will surpress mine! Then again, I haven't tried anything except putting my arms in a straight jacket. That does cure hand to mouth disease instantly!

I didn't get too far on playing with my new stamp. DS3 needed some snuggle time.
LOL! Yes, my birthday is a hard one for you to remember! snort!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #64
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearth_Cricket View Post
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend...ours was quiet, again. We went to the grocery store on Saturday, my stomach was bothering me Sunday morning, so we didn't go to church (although I told Tom and Christopher to go ahead...but they didn't). I haven't caught up yet...time just seems to slip away...

I did post 2 new Doodle Pantry cards on my blog -- Laurie has a bunch of new DP July 20 releases coming out tomorrow...some are very pretty and some are cute and all are great. Check them out through the link on my blog...

I'm so tired today...the pop-tarted teen across the street has reserved some firecrackers leftover from the 4th and has been firing one off every night anywhere from 12:30-2:30 am!!! It wakes me up and I can't get back to sleep...last night it was 2:30 am and I had trouble going back to sleep. My internal furnace was menopausing last night which didn't help matters...I sure hope he runs out of those dang firecrackers soon! Drives me nuts!!!

Then I had to get up to make an 8:00 am appt. to have my blood drawn...my liver enzymes were just a tad elevated from my medications and the doc just wants to keep an eye on things. I'm only take Mobic (anti-inflammatory similar to Celebrex, but they have a generic form) and my Rx Vitamin-D. Did I tell you that my initial bloodwork showed that I had a big Vitamin-D deficiency? Dr. Rapp said that that may be the reason for all my achey bones all the time and that once my Vitamin-D levels get up to normal...it may help get rid of a lot of that achiness that I have CONSTANTLY. I also take Mobic but would love to stop taking it altogether...but these old joints are not cooperating! Sigh...

I need to get busy doing some things around the house...TTYL! Oh and have a great MONDAY!
So sorry your tummy was upset. Hope the liver enzyme level evens out. I had that problem at one blood draw, but not since.

Have a good day!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #65
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Well I found you but not sure if you wanted me too snort. I had to search through the forum I didn't see a link to the new thread.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi I hope everyone is doing good.

Thank you all for the emails
We were waiting for you! I wanna hear you snort in real life! LOL! Hope you can have a semi-easy week. I know you need one.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #66
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonstamps View Post
hey! busy weekend. a funeral and a wedding. the wedding was fabulous- ocean side. just checking in, didn't have a chance to read back. Operation Clean House is in full swing so I better get back to it. bye!
So sorry you had a funeral. Though, it sounded like the name of a movie: A funeral and a wedding. I don't know why. Was there one named that? Anyway,so sorry about that part & yea on a wedding! Happy Clean House!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #67
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Glad Grandma is going home. My Grammie had Angina, but I never knew what it was. Have a good week sweet friend!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #68
Watercolor Wizard

Lori, the store didn't have Pamela's baking mix, just Bob's. Dunno if that makes a difference. I didn't like the crust by itself, but with the cheesecake it was yummy!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #69
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
So sorry you had a funeral. Though, it sounded like the name of a movie: A funeral and a wedding. I don't know why. Was there one named that? Anyway,so sorry about that part & yea on a wedding! Happy Clean House!
4 weddings and a funeral.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #70
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Laurie, glad she is well enough to go home.

Lori, that is a problem with all of us. Be very carful with thos OTC things, they are still drugs and you really should talk with your dr before mixing them with other meds.

Karen, he is a cute stamp.

I plan on getting some laundry and cleaning done then maybe playing in the scrap room a bit later.

Have a wonderful week everyone.
I will be careful. I read the ingredients on all these different ones & this one looked the safest. It has green tea in it, so it definitely needs to be taken earlier in the day than I did. I drank some Coke, too. Not good if one wants to sleep! LOL!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #71
Watercolor Wizard

Wendy, Linda B and Holly, it was nice to see you all posting. Hope all is going well with all of you!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #72
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Good morning!!

Traci, thank you for your sweetness. I was tickled that the people liked the cake. When they brought it into the room, I told everyone, "Now we're going to play a game. Look at this package and try to memorize everything in it." THey thought I was serious for a minute so I had to tell them I was kidding & they all laughed. Did I mention I got my baby fix? I kept taking Emery away from the others.

Okay, I am totally cracking up here picturing you riding Daisy to the grocery store! You'll need saddle bags to carry home the goods! ha, ha!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #73
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Linda, my tummy was off yesterday too...I have learned that folic acid is the reason, my RA meds completely drain the folic acid in my body, and when I remember my supplements, it is much better. I have written down a few of the supplements we should be taking, and Vit D was on my list...I did not realize the achiness aspect, but it makes sense. I hope a nap is in order for you and your tummy feels better!
Oh and I forgot Traci...Dr. Rapp said for me to take a Tums with every meal to help absorb the Rx Vitamin D. He gave me these gel looking Rx Vitamin D pills to take...one a week for 12 weeks. Then he wants me to take a high-potency OTC Vitamin at the end of that run. But you need to take some sort of calcium carbonate with Vitamin-D for absorption. Hope that makes sense...
Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I took those gels Vitamin D as well, and I didn't like at all how they made me feel. I stopped taking them.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #75
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Linda, I took those gels Vitamin D as well, and I didn't like at all how they made me feel. I stopped taking them.
Oh wow! How did they make you feel and how long did you take them? Were you diagnosed as Vitamin-D deficient? If so, you should take some OTC then...I felt a dramatic difference in 3-4 days in my hips especially! That's too bad that they didn't make you feel well...but for me, they are making a big difference so far...This is the beginning of my 4th week.

I figure that if these can take away alot of my "arthritic aches and pains" then maybe I can stop taking Mobic down the road...at least I'm hoping. I'd like to get away from meds if I can to give my liver a rest...so that would mean only Vitamin D I'd be taking.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to get my bloodwork done again and have those things checked, thanks for the info, Linda...glad the Vitamin D is so effective for you!!

Have had the day at home, got one card for the Dirty Dozen challenges...they run all week so look for them if you're a Dirty Dozen fan or whatever they call it. Need to try to make another one...and you'd think I'd be glad, but the one day I have no wheels, I'm thinking of all the things I should be doing! It's unreal...lol!!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

I was diagnosed as Vitamin D deficient. I had incredible pain in my lower back, just on either side of my tail bone. When I didn't take the Vitamin D mega dose (gel pill), it went away. I do take a mutivitamin daily. I was originally told the same as you...one pill for 12 weeks. I had half the pills to go and said no more. I know it can cause kidney stones, but I don't think that's what it was. I will stick with my multivitamin and call it good.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #78
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I took mine at night with my supper. The next day was when I had the pain. I haven't had the pain since I stopped taking it. I just wanted to explain that a lil better.
Operation Write Home
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori I'm so glad they liked the cake and the shower was a good time

Traci, hoping the vitamin D does you some good as well as everyone else who is taking it.

Have some assignments keeping me busy . . . hope all is well with all the other dorks.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #80
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Lori, the store didn't have Pamela's baking mix, just Bob's. Dunno if that makes a difference. I didn't like the crust by itself, but with the cheesecake it was yummy!
Definitely a big difference. Bob's probably has some bean flour in it. Just looked & it does. I can't handle that very well. It tastes yucky to me. I mean bean flour, not Bob's mix. Don't know if I've used it, but it is a different combo of ingredients. Looks like it has garbanzo bean flour, which is better than fava flour. I'm so glad it baked up nicely! That was SO nice of you to do. Baking GF isn't always easy so I am SO proud of you for doing this! And I SO like using the word SO.

Pamela's has rice flours & probably potato & tapioca. PLus, hers has almond meal in it already, so you get lots of that nutty taste. It has brown rice flour with the white & sweet rice flours. I really prefer the way brown rice flour works in GF food.

Of course, anything with a cheesecake inside of it has to taste good!