Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #721
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Cheyenne is NOT happy that we are not going for a walk, but it is just too hot. There isn't even hardly a breeze. I know she is locked up in the house all day, but it's just not good for her to be out there. Wish she could understand that!
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #722
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Sorry it didn't go well, hang in there. With that kind of party you did really good trust me on that one. I could tell you some scary workshop stories in my 6 and 1/2 years of demo-ship. lol Also a lot of people are not having $500-$600 parties right now the economy is bad so hang in there and remember why your doing it. For fun and because you love to craft!!

Aww, Thanks, Holly!!! I know...it was still $150 right? Could have not even been that! LOL. I did have my club tonight and with such wonderful ladies. That's where it is, I think! Anyway, lots of lessons learned..I don't think I hostess coached enough on this one but will on an upcoming one!!

Glad to se eyou are up and about typing and all.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #723
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, I'm still catching but wanted to say how sorry I am about al lthat is going on with your family. Those poor babies.....and your brother,that's alot of undertaking but I'm glad he's doing that. Praying for you all.

Traci, those quilts are amazing. How pretty...he's got some talent, that's for sure.

Happy Anniversary, Lori...

Happy Birthday, Chey...

Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #724
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, glad things are on the move with you, the counselor and finding a doctor. Praying for you!!!

Joyce, your blog entry is adorable! Cute, Cute.

Lori, the bag is simply two faced..I mean two sided.... It's ADORABLE!!! Great job and hope you have fun on your getaway!

The boys first day of school went well. Sam has Ben's 2nd grade teacher and we just loved her. She struggled to get preggers when Ben had her and was out a lot w/ treatments, invitro, miscarriage...and we walked in to her room at the ice cream socail and she's HUGE pregnant! I'm so excited for her. She's due in Oct and is high risk.

Laurie, it's so hot here too. I wanted to stay inside as much as I could. Just ucky!!!

Had my group of stamp club ladies here tonight. 4 came and 4 want kits. My sis came tonight so that was fun.

Getting a big zit on the bridge of my nose....OUCH!!!

Going to the eye doc on Monday to check my eyes. Can't see up close and sometiems driving at night throws me off and disorients me a little bit. Anyway.....I'm sur eI"ll need some sort of glasses.

I guess nothing else is new here....hope all of you are doing well.

Oh, the meat loaf in the crock pot sounds good. I may have to try that.

Can't remember what else I wanted to respond to. Dork!! LOL!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #725
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

Laurie, I didn't walk Sophie either mostly because Joel wasn't home to watch the boys but I know she would want to go. I am hoping for bad weather so I have a reason not to take the boys to the pool so I can get some cards made.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:56 AM   #726
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies.

Pardon the whines about the kitty and everything else, was super tired and everything is starting to catch up with me. Glad tomorrow is Saturday. Am planning on trying to get my craft/office set up better and getting the rest of the boxes out of the small bedroom so we can get a bed in there. DH is off today so may ask him to move them for me. Glad he's not going to be out in this heat again today and will be so glad when we have cooler temps.
Hugs & prayers for everyone and have a wonderful Friday!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #727
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
the memorial service went well...the small church was packed, standing room only. not dry eyes in the place. my neice said she wanted the song on more day diamond rio sang at her funeral. So it was done. Her parents and siblings spoke...my brother called me is sister and hugged more times in one day than he ever did in my whole life. she will be missed. my brother said he is pretty certian that she was wearing a seatbelt but unbuckled and covered baby aiden to save him.
((hugs))
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-13-2010, 04:45 AM   #728
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Holly, we have had instances of him biting totally unprovoked, petting and the last time was when I tried to pick him up to pet him. He broke the skin twice and is the one which bit my mil and put her in the hospital. Tonight, almost as soon as I let him up in the house, he jumped in my bathtub and peed down the drain. we have 2 cat boxes in the basement, so no reason for that, yesterday, he pooped in the tub, dh found that one. I am totally dumbfounded by this cat. Even being around our two well-behaved cats, he seems to be getting worse.
I don't think we have much choice except to take him back to the shelter.
Huh interesting weird too. I could understand wanting to take him back with that behavior. Sometimes animals just don't adjust to there surroundings if they have been through a lot of change. How long have you had him now? I can't remember.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #729
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Leona, I'm so sorry for your loss and the boys. Glad it was a nice service for everyone.

PS, well duh! You should never go to a dr that doesn't listen to you. You are paying them to serve you. Not the other way around. Finding a good dr is very hard.

Sounds like a fun day Wendy. It's been raining here all day. I went to WalMart to get some material for my first video tutorial. I did the first one but it didn't have sound, so going to try to use Ustream this time. My voice is awful! But that is a whole other story.....
My problem is to make sure I am working in the area that the camera can see. Bawawa that is really hard for me.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #730
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Morning ladies.

Pardon the whines about the kitty and everything else, was super tired and everything is starting to catch up with me. Glad tomorrow is Saturday. Am planning on trying to get my craft/office set up better and getting the rest of the boxes out of the small bedroom so we can get a bed in there. DH is off today so may ask him to move them for me. Glad he's not going to be out in this heat again today and will be so glad when we have cooler temps.
Hugs & prayers for everyone and have a wonderful Friday!
Aww it's ok to wine that's what were here for good and bad. ((hugs))
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 AM   #731
Gabfest Goddess

Beth glad club was fun! Yay for the kids school day going good!

We had very nasty bad storms here last night WOW thundered and poured I was quite surprised to not see a huge pond in my yard. Crazy! Today still raining..it's ok I guess otherwise I would be probably going nuts more thinking about all I could be doing outside. lol

I ended up sleeping a lot yesterday for some reason I was wiped out.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #732
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, I just reread the post about the cat. Yeah, that's sort of gross. Maybe she was toilet trained in the tub at her other house or soemthing. People do the strangest things with their pets but I w ouldn't put up with that either unless you put a liter box in the tub for af ew days and maybe she'd get used to using it there and then would recongnize it downstairs and use it there?? I don't know. That's a tough one.

I took the dog for a 3 m. walk today and it was HOT out. We are working on her NOT pulling the leash when we walk so I had to stop every 5 paces and have her stop tuggin on the leash. Took for-ev-er. Then I thinkk she got overheated and puked or she was mad at me for making her stop every 5 paces. Anyway, we are looking into a doggie class for her. She's a good girl but just not getting some things that we'd like. She won't come when she's called but will sit and will go to the couch when we say 'couch'...well, probalby about 75% of the time which is good for a doggie.

Anyway, was stinking hot out. She and I loaded up on water when we got home. I'm home today working on some cards and kits for ladies who couldn't come today, then working on my class. I'm stressing aobut my school and not knowing what I'm teaching for sure. It's totally driving me bonkers and I had a dream last night about moving rooms and all.....I'm trying to get it organized (layout) in my head so if I do have to move, then I can easily set it up. I mean all the stuf fin the room would fit into a small moving truck so it's really not going to be an easy job. And, the room I think we'd be in would be away from the K hall and away from the other preschoolers and I sort of feel like the little spec ed kids will be blocked away from everyone else in the back of the building. Not thrilled about that but it is what it is and what can they do if then need me to move....then I need to move. But, oy vey.....nothing like last minute again.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #733
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, you may want to use a prong collar for walking. They look "mean" to use, but after one or two pulls, she will walk like a pro! We use one for Chey all the time. She is an awesome walker. My guess is that she way overheated and that is why she puked. http://www.cobankopegi.com/prong.html (just a reference to see what I am referring to). The other reason is that if we put a regular collar on her, she has a skin issue, and all her hair falls out around the collar area. Vet said she needs air to be able to flow thru the collar.

Grace, I've never heard of a cat behaving that way. WOW! Sorry. I would tend to agree though. You may not have a choice.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #734
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Morning gals!

Haven't been feeling well the past 2 days...dizzy spells have been ongoing since we went to Seattle for vacation. The elevators, escalators, and the harbor boat cruise didn't help either. So made a dr. appt to get bloodwork done and check glucose levels, other than that, may look for some ginger tea, I hear it helps with that.

So not going to be on much today. I did make a card yesterday, first one in over 2 weeks! I can still stamp, yay!!

PS, sent you an email.

Heard from Lori on FB that her car broke down 15 miles from their destination, and Phil (on motorcycle) had to drive back to SA to get another car to go back to meet her. Nice start to the weekend, huh? LOL!!

Beth, sorry about the classroom confusion...I believe it would take a small trailer to move everything...the classrooms always blew me away when the kids went back to school. I hope it works out sooner than later for your own sanity!! And wow, 3 miles, you amaze me!

Grace, sorry I know nothing about cats...but I'm sure you will do what is right, because you've had a lot of experience. You have given it a good try,and that's commendable!!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #735
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

PS, "duh!" to the dr's not you. Have you had any luck finding a new dr? Are you feeling better just having someone listen?

It's been so hot here, the weeds are taking over my flower beds. Ack! Maybe this weekend will spend some time out. I think I will have to get up before dawn to beat the humidity.

Traci, love your card for the Flourishes challenge! Hope you win, good luck!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #736
Stazon Splitcoast

Tried getting an appointment, the doctor's office was closed this afternoon?

I'll try again Monday.

Laurie, I did't take Finn for a walk until after 1o:3o last night and even then it was still so hot and so mosquito-ish we weren't out for long.

Just running around a lot today buying more school supplies. And trying to catch up on housework.

We do have a showing on Sunday afternoon, so that's good.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #737
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrules View Post
Huh interesting weird too. I could understand wanting to take him back with that behavior. Sometimes animals just don't adjust to there surroundings if they have been through a lot of change. How long have you had him now? I can't remember.
We have had him about 3 weeks and have moved him twice during that time and introduced our dogs into his world. In thinking back, I believe the reason he bit me the last time is because I scared him when I tried to pick him up and he wasn't expecting it. We are going to give him more time and hopefully he will learn that he is safe here. I am pretty certain he has been at a shelter his whole life in a communal cat room, which is about 4 years.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #738
Pearl-ExPert

Got a great call today. The teachers meeting for church that was scheduled on Sunday was changed to Thursday evening, so I have a WHOLE WEEKEND at home!!!!! Yipppeeeee! Thanks for listening to all my whines in the last few days.
Found the bridesmaid gifts this morning and have it ordered. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
Old 08-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #739
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, you are NOT whining! Really! The bridesmaid gifts are beautiful!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #740
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, how pretty! And girl, you are not whining, you're sharing! There is a huge difference and that is what we're here for, to listen to each other and offer support and friendship, to share our highs and lows.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #741
Stazon Splitcoast

Who's high?
I'm just dizzy.
Tried to make another card...it should have taken 15 minutes, and an hour later I had to just leave it.
DH is helping DD move this weekend, and since I can't heave heavy boxes and there is no room for me in the car, I guess I'm not going. She is finally moving out of the basement room (not apt.) and into her first apartment. I am feeling kinda bad I'm not going to be there. Maybe I will go after the first trip...but I'd have to drive myself.

Niight ladies.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #742
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Girls!

Traci, rest up & get to feeling better. Can't imagine feeling dizzy like you are for longer periods of time. YUCK.
Thanks for the compliments on the jewelry. I am so glad I found them, definitely beats the "deal" we found at Icing by Claires. LOL.

Got the dishwasher running and washed up a couple of pot/pans and will be starting on office organization shortly I think. Have to try to be kinda quiet since dh is still sleeping. who knows, I may get the urge to craft sometime today or tomorrow! I just know that I am looking forward to getting more settled this weekend. I'll take some pics today to share of our home "in progress" as I get more set up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #743
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Beth, you may want to use a prong collar for walking. They look "mean" to use, but after one or two pulls, she will walk like a pro! We use one for Chey all the time. She is an awesome walker. My guess is that she way overheated and that is why she puked. Prong Collar Info (just a reference to see what I am referring to). The other reason is that if we put a regular collar on her, she has a skin issue, and all her hair falls out around the collar area. Vet said she needs air to be able to flow thru the collar.

Grace, I've never heard of a cat behaving that way. WOW! Sorry. I would tend to agree though. You may not have a choice.
My dog too, I didn't know this Laurie. We were told to take his collars off at night. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for posting about that.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #744
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
We have had him about 3 weeks and have moved him twice during that time and introduced our dogs into his world. In thinking back, I believe the reason he bit me the last time is because I scared him when I tried to pick him up and he wasn't expecting it. We are going to give him more time and hopefully he will learn that he is safe here. I am pretty certain he has been at a shelter his whole life in a communal cat room, which is about 4 years.
Well good luck I sure wouldn't blame you for taking him back. 4 years is a long time for a shelter to keep an animal at least here it is which is sad but I understand too.

We moved one of our cats twice and he never was the same again, scared to death of everything would hide an cower from everything.

I love cats their personality's are so different from cat to cat.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #745
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Got a great call today. The teachers meeting for church that was scheduled on Sunday was changed to Thursday evening, so I have a WHOLE WEEKEND at home!!!!! Yipppeeeee! Thanks for listening to all my whines in the last few days.
Found the bridesmaid gifts this morning and have it ordered. Here's the link.

Faux Pearl Boxed Bride Bridesmaid Wedding Jewelry Set - eBay (item 360256439263 end time Aug-23-10 12:56:01 PDT)
Woo hoo for the hole weekend!! Enjoy the bridesmaid gifts are beautiful!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #746
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Who's high?
I'm just dizzy.
Tried to make another card...it should have taken 15 minutes, and an hour later I had to just leave it.
DH is helping DD move this weekend, and since I can't heave heavy boxes and there is no room for me in the car, I guess I'm not going. She is finally moving out of the basement room (not apt.) and into her first apartment. I am feeling kinda bad I'm not going to be there. Maybe I will go after the first trip...but I'd have to drive myself.

Niight ladies.
Traci please be careful, are you drinking enough water? Glad your going to see the doc. ((hugs))
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #747
Gabfest Goddess

Well gals I was a dork last night, I was getting into the shower and I fell landed on my arm yep the one that I had surgery on. What a klutz maybe should start a klutz group! lol So was up all night hurt pretty bad, but thankfully this morning the pain is a little better. Really hope I didn't mess up my arm more.

It's beautiful here this morning, dh doesn't know it but I got a list for him

Also posted blog candy today if anyone would like a shot at it

hope you all have a good morning!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #748
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning!

I will be in to the dr. and ask them about the dizziness on Wed. I've had it before for about 2 weeks after a cruise. That went away by itself after another couple of weeks.
I will try to drink more water, maybe it is related.

Well, decided to drive to Denver and help with the move, I hate driving to Denver by myself, but this doesn't sound too hard where it is located. Don't think I'd ever make it in a big city like Chicago. I just get lost too easily. I won't be carrying boxes up 3 flights of stairs, I told her I'd unpack and organize the kitchen and stock the fridge.

Grace, take your time with the unpacking and enjoy your weekend. I'm sure it's all coming together nicely. Can't wait to see pictures!

Holly, oh no, that doesn't sound good about the arm! I don't know how you are managing to type so well, either!! So glad you are resting up a bit, and take it easy today!

Hi to the rest of you gals, will check in tonight....
Old 08-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #749
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci especially if you're having dizzy spells, take it easy with the move. I bet DD is excited. And be careful driving!

<------is telling the elk to stay out of the way

And Holly, we need to watch you near water! Goodness, hope your arm will be okay.

Beth, the boys finished their first official week of school! Cannot believe the variances in start times, mine won't start for another week and a half.

Karen, where are you? Busy stamping?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #750
Stazon Splitcoast

Howdy all!!

Traci, I must have missed something with dd and moving......I'll go back and read. Sorrya bout the dizzies, too. I hope they figure out what is wrong...yes, be careful moring.

Grace, the bridesmaide's gifts are beautiful!!!

Holly, you be careful in the shower, dear! Do you want me to send you one of those no slip matts for the shower? Silly girl...be safe!

Laurie, thanks for the linke.I've heard other dog owners talk about those collars but I'd not seen what they looked like before. We did sign her up for a doggie class that starts on Tuesday for 8 weeks every Tuesday night. Should be fun for all of us. The first night we go in for a consult w/ the dog and the first class is basically for the adults and not the dogs so they are going to crate her for the class since we are going in for the consult right before. Saves us 2 trips and we couldn't go on Monday. Anyway, it will be good to get a clear pic of what we are supposed to do. Dh and I have different dog training philosophies so it will be good for an outside source to tell us what to do! ha....and we thought parenting was hard! Just get a dog! LOL!

Fridge and Freezer went out yesterday. I thought the freezer door had just been left open a bit and some of the ice was melting out of the ice maker on the door. But come to find out, everything was thawing inside. So, we think it's the part that went out a few years ago so dh went to get the part. I hope that's what's wrong with it.

Well, I have a few things to do before he gets back with the part. I am stressing out about school and am not motivataed to work on this class I have to finish up. Ughhh.......I just need to get it DONE!!! life keeps happening around me though! LOL!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #751
Stazon Splitcoast

Cathi....if you are reading...I woke up with you on my mind early this a.m. Hope you are okay and we are missing you!!!

Toni, too!!!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #752
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, I have a secret to tell you....all the classes are for the human....really though, it's good! We took Chey to classes and it really gave Tom and I a lot better idea on what to do and what not to do! YEAH!!!

Holly, I freaked out when Chey started losing all her hair. I thought something was really wrong. It's a skin issue, and if enough air can't flow thru by the collar area, the hair falls out. Since we got her a prong collar, she is just fine. Most people just use them for training, but we use it all the time for everything. Just the way it has to be. He said a prong over a chain because dogs are more apt to choke themselves with a chain collar by pulling.

Hot and humid again today. UCK!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #753
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, er afternoon, Dorkies!

I am in Menomonee Falls visiting my brother and his family.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #754
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Karen! It's hot and sticky in the Falls too. Uck. Tomorrow should be better!

Off to the wedding. Tom's cousin is getting married today. Talk to you all tomorrow!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #755
Duchess of Dork

Hola! We are home. Long story, but for those not on fb, the van broke down on the way to our destination. Phil was about 45 min. away, but had to go back to SA from where he was to get the other car. We're looking at a new engine. Guess we will use investment money for that. Had a nice time other than that. LOL!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #756
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Found out Smokey is a she not a he, which explains why baby dew is in such a snit whenever she sees her. Discovered a neat "trick" to keep Smokey from using my bath tub as a litter box. Put some citrus fragranced potpourri in a bowl in the tub. You should see the face the kitties make when they smell it. Great deterent (sp). Also found out from bil that she was most likely adopted out more than once in her 3.5 years at the shelter, then returned which is what is contributing to her "issues". Since we know that we are much more understanding of the inappropriate behaviors and will work on correcting them. I think she will soon understand that this is her "furever" home and that she is safe. Got some accomplished in the office/craft room but not as much as I had hoped. DH got called into work today and will be working again tomorrow morning.

Lori, sorry you had car troubles but glad you were able to enjoy your weekend with dh.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #757
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Beth, I have a secret to tell you....all the classes are for the human....really though, it's good! We took Chey to classes and it really gave Tom and I a lot better idea on what to do and what not to do! YEAH!!!

Holly, I freaked out when Chey started losing all her hair. I thought something was really wrong. It's a skin issue, and if enough air can't flow thru by the collar area, the hair falls out. Since we got her a prong collar, she is just fine. Most people just use them for training, but we use it all the time for everything. Just the way it has to be. He said a prong over a chain because dogs are more apt to choke themselves with a chain collar by pulling.

Hot and humid again today. UCK!!!

Yeah, that's what I thought! LOL! Well, you know when you live with someone as smart as my hubby...who has also been a dog trainer in a another life....then it's really me that has no clue what I'm doing! LOL! We did take this quiz on petsmart.com and some of what dh told me to do w/ the dog was wrong! So, it will be good for us all. The boys too...they said they could come too and watch and learn so it will be good. At least we'll ALL be on the same page and it's easier when an expert tells you what to do. It will be good.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #758
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, good, Grace! I'm glad you found something that works!!!

Laurie, have fun at the wedding...

Lori, I read on fb the fiasco! Not fun! But, hope you had a good time in spite of it all.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #759
Watercolor Wizard

Hey all! Having a blast here. Two of the neighbors have pools and let us play in them. What a treat.

Grace, I am glad you are going to keep the cat. After what you wrote I can imagine she's a bit confused.

Since I am here I am coloring snowman for christmas cards. Yeah! Glad to get some of that done.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #760
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Afternoon ladies.

Traci, are you feeling better?

Karen, yeah for the swimming. Sounds like a fun visit.

Lori, that stinks! But glad you had fun.

DH and I went out to finish picking up a few thing for Ashlyn and her friends I'm making little gift baskets for (well roommates, hopefully friends) Bath and body has the cutest little handsanitizer things that go on your purse or bags for only $1. for the sanitizer and $.50 for the holder. Way cute! And they are also having a sale so with the coupons I had I came out of there with a huge bag of goodies for me and the girls for less than $20.

DH is treating both of us to a spa day this week as a send off. I called a bit late to book but hope they will call back Monday and fit us in before Saturday.

The only thing I have left to do is pick her up a few gift cards for WalMart, ITunes and CVS. Those are the places the school shuttle runs to. And then she wont have to have a ton of cash on hand. We want her to get used to a budget, we haven't quite figured out what that is....but I'm sure she will be a poor college student! Especially if her parents have to be poor to send her to school!

Hope everyone is doing well! Hugs!