Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 AM   #641
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad Sophie didn't leave you any presents, you don't need any of that kind!

Vikki, so happy that you are this close to your wedding, enjoy the day and the days leading up to it as well. Isn't anticipation sometimes a great part of things too?

Grace, wow, just one month away! We want to see pictures don't forget!!!

Thanks for the support. I have an appointment on Thursday.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #642
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Good morning!

Since we are celebrating stuff around here lately...today is Cheyenne's 9th birthday! YEAH!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #643
Gabfest Goddess

hi not going to post too much i have bad pain today think i over did it yesterday even though i was trying to be careful. wanted to check in
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #644
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, it's so good to see you! HUGS!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #645
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hola girlfriends!

I woke with a headache, I think allergy related. My eyes are all watery. But wanted to check in and say Hi!

PS, my dh would be the same way. Although I was just wondering if maybe a Christian counselor would be something to check in to. You have a ton of changes going on, maybe you just need to make a bit more time for you. Hugs, hope you feel better.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #646
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Morning girls!!

Holly, take it easy today, and thanks for checking in...always good to see you! When do you expect any news from the dr?

Karen, back to work already? Glad you had a couple of days, anyway.

Laurie, Happy Birthday to Cheyenne! Are you going to have a party?

Peggysue, hope the next couple of days are relatively event-free which would make Thursday less stressed for you. I am so glad you have an appointment.

I have some light cleaning to do around here today and washing up bedspreads, etc...for the twice a year linens. My little dryer isn't quite able to handle them so may have to take the rest home.

I woke up with a headache too, Joyce, hope yours goes away. Didn't you just have a crop with lunch at your house? How was it?

OK, hey to everyone else...ttyl!!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #647
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, we won't have a party, but she will get a new squeaky toy and a Frosty Paw after supper tonight! She LOVES them. Frosty Paws > Home

Have any of you made meat loaf in the slow cooker??? How was it?
Operation Write Home
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #648
Stazon Splitcoast

PS: Hugs and congrats for taking the 'big' step. It helps to talk to someone who knows nothing about you or those around you. A professional can help you if you let it out. My entire family has issues with depression...those that have sought help are doing better than those who try to handle it themselves.

BettyBoop032004: Super Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time.

VJ: Remember to enjoy the special day. All the hard work to prepare it and it seems to be over in the blink of an eye. If something doesn't go exactly as planned, remember only those who planned it are probably aware so don't stress out, just move one. Happy Day!!

Everyone: Hugs and wishes for better tomorrows. Happy Stamping!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #649
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Laurie, I have not made meatloaf in the crockpot.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't made meatloaf in the crockppot either...it is so easy to make in the oven, never tried it. I'd think it would have a lot of grease, though.

Robyn, great advice for VJ. Depression runs in the women in my family also. Counseling is good, so is sunshine (10 minutes of sun a day) and uplifting music...and a balance of activity/social with a balance of solitude. Those are some of the things that have helped me. Oh, and if all the family issues would just go away, but then so would the family. Hmmmm....
Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #651
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Morning girls!!

I woke up with a headache too, Joyce, hope yours goes away. Didn't you just have a crop with lunch at your house? How was it?

I did and it was nice as always. I love to have a real person to talk to. I posted the dessert along with the pincushion Karen made on my blog. I asked her to make one for me as I joined a swap, but after I started putting pins it I couldn't part with it. LOL So it has a home next to my sewing machine. I'll email the one I made. I can't post it until after the swap.

And after waking with a headache, dd had to be in a mood. DH threatened to take the car away for a weekend if she can't do simple things we ask of her. It always helps if he lays down the law.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #652
Pearl-ExPert

Evenin'

Joyce, yuck on the headache and mood with dd.

PS, glad you have chosen to seek assistance with this. I have struggled myself off & on for years with it. Used Zoloft for quite a while, got off and now am on Celexa.

Karen, glad Sophie didn't leave any presents for you. Had to give our dog, Pharaoh, the beef & rice mix a few weeks ago, don't know what he had eaten that upset his digestive system.

Hi to everyone else and have a wonderful evening.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #653
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey everyone, if anybody has a shimmerz spritz they want to get rid of I'll buy it from you. Just need enough for one project so would even consider used bottles
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #654
Hardware Hotshot

Vikki- Hey! Glad to hear the wedding plans are coming right along.

Karen- glad you didn't have any surprises

PS- glad to hear about your appointment

Laurie-HB to Cheyenne. I haven't made a meatloaf in the slow cooker, but I might have a recipe.

Holly- *hugs*

Joyce- hope your headache went away

traci- hope you got all the cleaning done you wanted to.

Had fun at IL's today at the pool with the kiddos.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #655
Duchess of Dork

Joyce, love the pincushions! I might have that pattern. Those are so cute!

Quick post. I just finished my mega project: a reversible tote I am keeping, but will sell as custom order. It's on my blog HERE.

Gotta go. TTYL!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #656
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey chickadees...
Just boppin in to say howdy...Lori your purse is amazing!!

Joyce, I only have one bottle of shimmer stuff and I am not wanting to part with it.

Went to an amazing quilt exhibit, a man that won all these first place awards and sells his quilts for 20,000.00...just gorgeous work and so unique. I wish I could remember his name so I could send you the link, if I can I will tomorrow. I have never seen anything like it. It was so intricate, from a distance, it almost looked like a painting...he did farm animals (a pig, a goat with a daisy in it's mouth...a rooster, a chickadee, then others like aspen trees in 4 seasons. Wish you could see it, just mind-boggling!!

Night ladies!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:48 AM   #657
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls,

sounds a bit stormy this morning. gotta get my pooches out and back in before we get hit with the rain, if any.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

TTYL!

ps, Joyce sent you a pm.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 AM   #658
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Another fine, hot, humid and buggy day here in Wisconsin. UGH!! Last year was the second coolest June or July and this year is the second hottest. UGH again!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #659
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
We did watch The Time Traveller's Wife last night....great movie. It's been months since we watched a movie and this will be the 3rd this week. I think dh is playing catchup since his work has been so crazy and all in the last few months.
I will add to my netflix list thanks!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #660
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
hey everyone. Thank you for thinking of me. Its been a very long emotion day.

Yesterday morning my brother had all of his children come over for a family photo. After they all left my niece whom was in the middle car with her youngest son and boyfriend - the boyfriend decided to pass the front car going very fast - he lost control of the car. They hit a utility pole fliped in the air and then hit a tree. My niece was found onto of the infant car seat (he is 3 mo old). They ended up pronouncing her dead at the scene. They said that she probably tried to protect the baby and it probably was what also killed her. The boyfriend is on life support and is probably not going to make it. The baby has just a bump on his head and was released today to my brother.

I am not sure if I told you this but I have 5 older siblings from my dads first marriage. They are all in the 50s now so that explains the age gap as to why I have a niece who is 6 yrs younger that me with 3 kids of her own.

I am helping where I can with arrangements.

My mom also called me yesterday - she has been evicted. So - matt and I are taking her in until we can get her into another place.

Again - thanks for the messages...I appreaciate them
Leona I am soo sorry for your loss having gone through loosing a few of my family member's that young in a tragic accident I know. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family. Prayers and Hugs during this difficult time. If you need to talk you got me, hugs.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 AM   #661
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Leona, that senerio is just awful. I hpe the boyfriend makes it...it's all so very sad. Heartbreaking.

The workshop went okay. Had maybe 12 adults and 2 older elementary girls and one older teen who really has a knack for this. Her mother was there too and ordered a few things. The party total for that many people was not very much....$152 so far which is okay..just not a workshop that I made much off by the time I take out material expenses and time. I did get one booking and another one for January so I guess that's good. Dh's first comment when I got home was "well, did you make any money?" Sort of torked me..it's not all about the money..I work a full time job already, thank you very much. I make enough to support my stamping and that's about it which is fine with me. All his hobby stuff comes out of our regular budget..he doesn't work extra to support that so whatever...just sort of put a damper on it all. But, I did have a good time. The group was big and there were several hubby's/boyfriends/ younger children so that was kind of hard to move around and explain stuff with men chatting in the kitching and drinking. Ugh....but was okay. I was there almost from 3:30-7:20 by the time I set up and cleaned up so it was kind of a long time for the low sales. But, anyway, still fun. I hear of these demos having $500-$600 workshops and I don't get it...never happened around here! LOL!

Anyway, I'm tired so may just go lay in bed.....night all.
Sorry it didn't go well, hang in there. With that kind of party you did really good trust me on that one. I could tell you some scary workshop stories in my 6 and 1/2 years of demo-ship. lol Also a lot of people are not having $500-$600 parties right now the economy is bad so hang in there and remember why your doing it. For fun and because you love to craft!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #662
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Forgot you asked that question.

We tried eggplant several times when the kids were younger and I dressed it up with every kind of sauce you could think of until we came to the conclusion that underneath it all, it is still eggplant. I never eat it. So I'm sorry, I cannot help you there.

I have decided to go see a counselor, I'm hoping she will call me back some time today to set up an appointment. I have been fighting depression for over a year now and cannot figure out how to make it go away. Those are the times when I disappear from the boards here, when I am so down and things seem so black I have nothing positive to say . . . DH isn't happy about it, but I need to go in and talk with someone, maybe go on medication.
(((Hugs))) Depression is bad I have a few family member's and a really good friend that has it. You are going in the right direction for getting better. I am thinking and praying for you. If you need anything even to vent on the bad days you can email me too.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #663
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Morning girls!!

Holly, take it easy today, and thanks for checking in...always good to see you! When do you expect any news from the dr?

Karen, back to work already? Glad you had a couple of days, anyway.

Laurie, Happy Birthday to Cheyenne! Are you going to have a party?

Peggysue, hope the next couple of days are relatively event-free which would make Thursday less stressed for you. I am so glad you have an appointment.

I have some light cleaning to do around here today and washing up bedspreads, etc...for the twice a year linens. My little dryer isn't quite able to handle them so may have to take the rest home.

They told me 10 days from surgery. Probably business days too, shoot I didn't think of that until now.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #664
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Hey chickadees...

Joyce, I only have one bottle of shimmer stuff and I am not wanting to part with it.

Went to an amazing quilt exhibit, a man that won all these first place awards and sells his quilts for 20,000.00...just gorgeous work and so unique. I wish I could remember his name so I could send you the link, if I can I will tomorrow. I have never seen anything like it. It was so intricate, from a distance, it almost looked like a painting...he did farm animals (a pig, a goat with a daisy in it's mouth...a rooster, a chickadee, then others like aspen trees in 4 seasons. Wish you could see it, just mind-boggling!!

Night ladies!
Holy cows!! $20,000 that is insane!!! What does he use gold thread and diamonds on them? Shessh maybe I need to get into quilting
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #665
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry for the headaches, happy b-day to Christopher and Chey! Funny story about Bella wow she is growing so much Wendy! Cracked up over the dog chewing stories thankfully I didn't have to much of a problem with that he just destroys his blankets those are cheaper to replace than anything else so I let him chew on that. Sorry for the sick dog that is no fun when they do that either. Bleh

Pain is not as bad this morning thank goodness! I will admit I am going bonkers can't stamp too good tired of T.V. and I can't read a book without falling asleep. lol Nobody to entertain me either they all think they should be at work. Bawawa It has been soo humid here too and rain WOW I'm glad it's raining or I would be going nuts more because of all the work to do. Was up at 4am this morning couldn't sleep errr.

ok that was a lot to type one handed now I need to do my blog post thud i should type here is my card I slapped it together hope you like it bawawa

See what happens when I don't get sleep I get goofy! Oy wonder how many dorkie things I do today.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 04:13 AM   #666
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

My MIL still lives with me, but I did fine my mom an adult home they help with an issues the person may have and helps them get the assistance that they quaify for so I have to call friday to set up an intake appointment for Monday. So - with that said my mom will not be living with me...that just was not what I wanted.

My neices funeral is today. Her 3 boys are practically orphans. The 3 month old has no parents as they both passed from the accident. The older two boys - their father is not stable, no job and has been in a mental instituation 2 times in one year. He loves his boys but just wants to have play time with them - no responsibility. So my brother has emergancy custody of the 3 mo old and he is going to get custody of the other two.

Vikki - I made a Zuchinni crisp that was a huge hit over the weekend - tasted just like Apple crisp.

I made 4 pies for after the funeral today. It is going to be really hard at the funeral for many reasons today but my one sister who has hated me for as long as I can remember sent me a message and apoligized for how she has treated me...so maybe this is a better start to something...
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #667
Watercolor Wizard

Leona, this is such a tradegy. I feel so much for those kids.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 AM   #668
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
My MIL still lives with me, but I did fine my mom an adult home they help with an issues the person may have and helps them get the assistance that they quaify for so I have to call friday to set up an intake appointment for Monday. So - with that said my mom will not be living with me...that just was not what I wanted.

My neices funeral is today. Her 3 boys are practically orphans. The 3 month old has no parents as they both passed from the accident. The older two boys - their father is not stable, no job and has been in a mental instituation 2 times in one year. He loves his boys but just wants to have play time with them - no responsibility. So my brother has emergancy custody of the 3 mo old and he is going to get custody of the other two.

Vikki - I made a Zuchinni crisp that was a huge hit over the weekend - tasted just like Apple crisp.

I made 4 pies for after the funeral today. It is going to be really hard at the funeral for many reasons today but my one sister who has hated me for as long as I can remember sent me a message and apoligized for how she has treated me...so maybe this is a better start to something...
(((hugs))) unfortunately sometimes a tragedy brings the family closer. It did with our family. I just feel so bad for all of you, my heart just breaks for those kids. Hang in there girl I am thinking of you.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #669
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, I wish you the best today, and I am glad you got the message from your sister. There is always hope!

Karen, right there with you on the weather and bugs. It is downright disgusting out! I can't stand it! I will forever love the person that invented air conditioning! The mosquitoes now seem immune to any type of spray.

Wendy, I have a meatloaf recipe, I was just concerned (as Traci pointed out) that it might be really greasy, and then I couldn't eat it. Uck!

Ok...I should get to work. Haven't been on at home lately because my eyes have really been bothering me after a full day at work. I moved my monitors farther away today, so we will see if that makes a difference.

Hope you all have the best day possible!

Hugs!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #670
Watercolor Wizard

I have made a boiler chicken in the crockpot before and the instuctions had me put a bunch of tinfoil balls on the bottom to raise up the chicken and keep it out of the grease. I wonder if that would work for a meatloaf in the crockpot as well?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast

HMMMM...that's a thought Karen! Thanks!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #672
Watercolor Wizard

This had some good reviews over at All recipes dot com

Simple Slow Cooker Meatloaf Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #673
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, that's where I was looking yesterday. I would rather use the slow cooker in this heat than the oven so the a/c doesn't have to run as much.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #674
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

thanks everyone
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #675
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey chickadees...

Night ladies!
Wow, I wonder how long it takes him to make just one of them?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #676
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, that is going to be one hard funeral . . . I feel so bad for those boys. Your brother is going to have a full time job raising them, what a shock at that time of life to lose your daughter and suddenly become a parent of little ones.

Glad the meatloaf turned out well.

I agree, the mosquitos are bad this year, all I have to do is go out for the mail and I get so bit up.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #677
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly I am glad you are feeling just a bit better, but wow, the days must drag on when you can't really do much of anything . . . and TV is a wasteland generally.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #678
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is the link from the David Taylor quilt collection.
There is a tab on the top that will take you to the quilts, and then you can click on the picture to see some of the detail. These are the tiniest pieces of multi-colored fabrics, all hand turned under, then individually sewn. The backs of the quilts are beautiful also, as all there is not a single thread left exposed. The thread is all variegated, so the colors and nuances, shadows, are what give it a 3 dimensional look.
Some of them took over 2 years, and he says he is "obsessed" while making them.

David Taylor Quilts | Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Old 08-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #679
Stazon Splitcoast

Feeling lazy this morning...Holly you and I should trade places, since you have energy but aren't supposed to do anything!! Hope the healing goes quickly, and glad that you do have some down time, but the nerve of everyone leaving you alone like that. I think your card write-up is fine, just say you've had surgery, people will understand!!

Leona, I can imagine what you are going through, as the same thing happened when my sister died suddenly and she had 2 little boys. My Aunt wanted custody, because they were divorced and the Dad had moved on, but I think he did take them. I hope for the sake of the boys people will rally together, relationships mended so that everyone can help them. It can go either way. Hugs for you, and prayers for all of you!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #680
Proud Fan Club Member

Does anybody know how to turn the sound on a web cam?

Good morning

I called Dell tech support and their computers are down......am I the only one that finds that a bit troubleling?