Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #601
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Girls!

Back to the grind today. Shower was fun & I'm pooped! Dork moment from the shower, had a cake made, joked with Jodi that it wasn't for her in front of the shower guests, and then completely forgot to get it out to serve! Taking it in to work today so it will be totally gone in no time. Had so much other food that no one probably was hungry enough to have eaten it if I had remembered. But do I feel bad about it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 AM   #602
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Dork minute for me...wondering what Grace was doing in the shower that was so fun, then realized she meant a bridal shower, not a personal shower.

I woke up this am to the kids telling me that the dog puked on every carpet!!! Thank goodness we have a carpet cleaner. This is not how I wanted to spend my last day of vacation, though. She wasn't feeling good yesterday either so we will keep her outside and I won't feed her today.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #603
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! It's Christopher's 20th birthday today! We're going to White Marsh Mall and out to lunch at Five Guys and then some more shopping. I've posted his bday card on my blog and a tribute if you'd like to peek...

Karen, sorry the dog is sick...hope he's alright. Cleaning carpets is not on my fun list of things to do.

Grace, so glad that the shower went well...funny about the cake.

Hello to everyone else! Will catch up with the chatter (I promise) sometime soon!

Have a great Monday all!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #604
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Bummer that Sophie is sick Karen. Sorry about the carpet. Boiled rice and boiled hamburger might help. Uck....

Happy Birthday Christopher!

Leona, sorry for your loss. How horrible.

Beth, sorry the show wasn't more productive, and poo on hubby.

Grace, hope the shower was a hit!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #605
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks everyone. Laurie, that's a good idea. We gave her a few saltine crackers just to have something in her tummy.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #606
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Poor Sophie! I hope she will feel better soon.

Our dog is in the dog house today. Honestly, I don't think we can keep a thing out or laying around that she doesn't snag and chew. Dh left his pepsi can in his snugglie out last night. She got it and ran around the house dropping drops of pop all over the carpet. Then she was in the gameroom where dh has all his games set up.....and she took this model statue of liberty off the table and had it chewed to pieces before we realized she wasn't chewing on one of her toys. He's going to be torked. Was a collectors item piece...but on the other hand I wanna say...put your durn stuff up. We just may not have to let her in that room. She's in the crate now..and it's not like there are not 8 toys on the floor already for her to play with and chew up that are HER TOYS. Ugh......dorky dog.

I'm getting nothing done today. Just mopey for some reason. Back to school depression I think LOL!

Happy Birthday to Christopher. The card is amazing, Linda.

Grace, the shower sounds so fun...even if the cake didn't get eaten. I'm susre it will be gone in a split second at work.

Alright, I better ge tup and get something done...boys are reading which is nice.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #607
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, hang in there...it will pass.

Cheyenne LOVES to chew ice cubes. Cheap and easy to make! yes, they leave some water on the floor, but it's not terrible...

I am getting some eggplant from the guy that shares our suite here at work....need some ideas of what to cook with it please!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #608
Hardware Hotshot

Lori- hope your anniversary trip is fabulous!

Holly- Glad to hear your arm is doing well!

PS- hope the mom & DH issues went well

Beth- DS and now DD have a cough. I think we have the same honey cough med. There isn't much out there for coughs for little kids. I did buy some locally made honey and will try to use it our foods so that eventually the kid might build up a better immune response to bug bites. When do you leave for King's Island?

Grace- so glad you love your new house and that the shower went well

Linda- gonna head over to your blog to see Christopher's card. Have fun at 5 guys- they are sooo good. And thx for the reminder about cherishing the little ones- I had to repeat that to myself today.

Karen- sorry about the lady at church. Hopefully there'll be other seating options next week. can u bring some crayons or some other quiet toys??

Leona- so very sorry for you and your family.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #609
Hardware Hotshot

Went to a local farm today and bought their own milk, honey, tomatoes, green beans, basil, and cucumbers. I want to make a pesto sauce with the basil. Pork tenderloin for dinner tonight.

DH and DS had fun camping with my SIL and her family. DD and I went over for one day with them. They went in the little pond, played in the dirt, went to the swimming pool, and caught some frogs. At the end of the day, I was tyring to get DD to get ther swimsuit off. She wouldn't come over, so I reached and pulled her arm- the same one she hurt a week ago when she jumped off a couch and landed on the rolling chair. She screamed bad and just let her arm hang limp the rest of the time. I gave her some tylenol and headed back home. No bruises or swelling. I made an appointment with the dr for the next morning. DD was, of course, fine by then. The Dr said she probably dislocated her elbow both times. Once it happens, it is very easy for it to happen again. So, now I know how to pop her elbow in place. And we aren't supposed to pull or put pressure/force on her arm for 6 mos. That's should be easy...

Had fun on the boat yesterday. We went to a sand bar (the drinks were kind of gritty...LOL). the kids loved it and we threw sandballs at end other.

DS is going peach picking today with the summer camp program. Hope he gets some good ones. Got his kindergarten stuff in the mail last week. He has a one hour get acquainted day on Sept 1 and then he starts full time on Sept 2.

DD is doing pretty well with a bottle at nap/bed times. She only screamed for 1/2hr on Sat night. Sunday night she feel asleep in the car on the way home and went right to bed.

Went to Michael's last week. Resisted the urge to buy the pretty paper. But did pick up a huge pack of Jolee's stickers/embellishements for only $9! THere was probably 15-20 packages. There were several wedding ones that I am giving to my youngest SIL and I will also give some to the other two SILs.

Okay, I gotta get off the computer and do house stuff. It's clean sheet day.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #610
Stazon Splitcoast

HEY EVERYONE!!! Vikki got her package today and said to please say thank you. She doesn't have power right now (Thank God for cell phones), but wanted to say thank you so much!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #611
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie that's funny you mentioned that today, I was just trying to remember when Vikki's wedding is . . . glad she got the package.

And that's a good tip about the ice cubes, our dog likes to chew them too.

Karen, poop on ladies in church who don't understand children.

Wendy, sounds like a nice weekend again! Except for DDs arm, poor thing. I dislocated my daughter's arm once when she was little pulling off a tight winter coat, felt soooo bad! But like the doctor said, it happens and then you pop it back in again, although he had to do it because I didn't know what was wrong.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #612
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, the wedding is August 21st....coming up quick!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #613
Watercolor Wizard

Laurie, glad she got the package already. When is the wedding again?

Wendy, sorry to hear about DD's arm. Yikes, 6 mo. is a long time.

Well, I started working on my scaled down version of my x-mas card. I am still not happy about not finding the ribbon I want. I went to Ace and found some sparkly opal ribbon that glistens like snow. I think it will work.

Right now I am sitting up in bed next to Simon trying to get Simon to take a nap. UGH. Then I will take the older two to the pool and swim myself once he falls asleep. It is stinkin' hot out again and we aren't forcing the kids outside.

Sophie seems to be fine. We've given her crackers and white bread. She seems to be perky again so maybe between yesterday's Big D and today's puke fest she's all cleaned out.

Beth, I am with you on the whole work thing. I have only been off for 2 days and I don't want to go back to work.

I have taken care most of the garden food. I went and got some farmer corn yesterday and have that now in the freezer, I shredded more zucchini ( I have enough for 34 loaves of bread), made some zucchini bread and banana bread and pickles. The only thing about the pickles is that I put 4 cups vinegar and 2 cups sugar when it was supposed to be 4 cups sugar and 2 cups vinegar. Oh well, I guess I will see if I came up with a new recipe!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #614
Stazon Splitcoast

The wedding is August 21st.

Anyone have any good ideas what to do with eggplant???
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #615
Stazon Splitcoast

Forgot you asked that question.

We tried eggplant several times when the kids were younger and I dressed it up with every kind of sauce you could think of until we came to the conclusion that underneath it all, it is still eggplant. I never eat it. So I'm sorry, I cannot help you there.

I have decided to go see a counselor, I'm hoping she will call me back some time today to set up an appointment. I have been fighting depression for over a year now and cannot figure out how to make it go away. Those are the times when I disappear from the boards here, when I am so down and things seem so black I have nothing positive to say . . . DH isn't happy about it, but I need to go in and talk with someone, maybe go on medication.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #616
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, I think you are making a good choice. I went to counseling after my Dad passed away. It was good for me, and it helped TONS. Hoping the best. Hugs!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #617
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

hi ladies - its been a long day....trying to find new housing for my mom so that she does not have to come and live here.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #618
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, is your MIL still living with you? This all has to be so difficult!

Linda, I LOVE THE CARD!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #619
Watercolor Wizard

PS, I agree with Laurie, that is a good choice and I hope it works for you.

Laurie, I don't eat eggplant either. Maybe throw some in a lasagna?? Kind of a make shift eggplant parmesan??
Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #620
Stazon Splitcoast

I think you are doing the right thing, too, PS. Hugs, sweet o ne!!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi girls!
Went out this morning (still in Steamboat Springs) with my neighbor who is my age, and we had a nice time. She wanted to show me a quilt exhibit that is amazing at the Art Museum, but it was closed, so we walked around town and had lunch on the Yampa River.

Laurie the only time I made eggplant was to disguise the eggplant by making eggplant parmesan, and it was pretty good. I think Barefoot Contessa might have some good recipes, hers are usually pretty easy and not strange ingredients. I just don't really care for it, but if I did make it now, I would probably just peel it and roast it in a 475 oven with kosher salt and pepper, with drizzled olive oil. Where is Linda R...she would have a good idea!

Glad VJ got her lil package and liked it, thanks again for doing that!!

Well, need to take Mr. Copper-fella out for a walk now that DH is not here to do it...enjoying a beautiful summer day in the high 70's with the sound of the creek (and a chainsaw which I am severely ignoring right now. )

Beth, I always got sad right before school started...hugs to you. So glad you had the summer free to do so many fun things with the boys this year!! Sounds like you really took advantage of all the time with them.

Wendy, sorry about Bella's arm, hope it is ok now...and your summer sounds so fun too!!
Loved reading your blog, though I am behind on commenting now.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #622
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, I love you and will be praying for direction with the counseling and where to go from there...have been there myself also. It is just nice to know we're not alone in this life in our struggles, and someday we won't have any!! Hugs friend!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #623
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, wondering the same thing. Hope it goes well finding another place for your mother to live.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #624
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post

We tried eggplant several times when the kids were younger and I dressed it up with every kind of sauce you could think of until we came to the conclusion that underneath it all, it is still eggplant. I never eat it. So I'm sorry, I cannot help you there.

I have decided to go see a counselor, I'm hoping she will call me back some time today to set up an appointment. I have been fighting depression for over a year now and cannot figure out how to make it go away. Those are the times when I disappear from the boards here, when I am so down and things seem so black I have nothing positive to say . . . DH isn't happy about it, but I need to go in and talk with someone, maybe go on medication.
PS, sweetie...you are very wise to seek "help" and recognize when things don't seem "right". I have been struggling with depression off and on since my mother passed away in 2000 (10 years!). I have been on several anti-depressants...Paxil, Lexapro and now I'm on Zoloft. Lexapro was very helpful for 2 years or so, then I weaned myself off. These past few months, I felt the need to go back on something again but this time, anxiety was more of an issue than depression, although depression is still part of the mix. So far, Zoloft is doing the trick and I highly recommend Rx if you think it's time. Hugs and prayers will be going up...
Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #625
Hardware Hotshot

PS- I, too, highly encourage you to seek counseling. You are worth it. If you need medication, then do it.

Leona- wishing you all help you need with finding your mom a place to stay.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #626
Hardware Hotshot

so, DH & I were reading our weekly family Bible story with DS. ANd we hear this noise that someone was opening a bedroom door. We run out of DS' room, and find DD standing nekked in the hallway telling us she has to go potty. Yes, that is a good thing, but not so good that she climbed out of her crib to tell us!!! So, we took down the crib tonight and have the matress on the floor. LOL!! So, we'll see how it goes tonight. We put a gate up in the hallway.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #627
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Dork minute for me...wondering what Grace was doing in the shower that was so fun, then realized she meant a bridal shower, not a personal shower.

I woke up this am to the kids telling me that the dog puked on every carpet!!! Thank goodness we have a carpet cleaner. This is not how I wanted to spend my last day of vacation, though. She wasn't feeling good yesterday either so we will keep her outside and I won't feed her today.

This is the first thing I read! Too funny!

So sorry about the wake up call! That is so icky to deal with at any time!!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #628

I wanna thank everyone! I go the biggest surprise in the mail today!

you girls are just so awesome!

Thank you all so much.
I have electric for the night. The electrician had heat stroke so they did a temp hook up and he will be back in the morning.
I tell ya, I melted so much today, I think I lost 100 pounds! LOL I know wishful thinking. Okay back up to read . All i saw so far was Karen thinking about showers! LOL
Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #629

Happy B'day Christopher!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #630

OMG... so much going on...
Beth, I didn't read back far enough I guess.. you are to squish something, but the dog ate it! I do not wanna know! LOL

Grace, so happy for you and the new place.

Holly, HUGS!

Karen, I must say your STICKY question boggled me for a while! Somehow not all of what I read make sense to me.. Its so hot!

My AC quit so it's just the fans, and no power today until about 30 minutes ago

Robyn... wow you make so such sense about parents. On the other hand if you don't live up to their expectations they don't feel guilty, they get angry with you thinking that you are worthless
You would make a great counselor!

Lori.. yu cracked me up giving Karen permission. I still didn't get the topic! LOL

Traci I want your parents.

I have to go take care of Carmel.. back later!

Love you girls!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #631

Default So sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
hey everyone. Thank you for thinking of me. Its been a very long emotion day.

Yesterday morning my brother had all of his children come over for a family photo. After they all left my niece whom was in the middle car with her youngest son and boyfriend - the boyfriend decided to pass the front car going very fast - he lost control of the car. They hit a utility pole fliped in the air and then hit a tree. My niece was found onto of the infant car seat (he is 3 mo old). They ended up pronouncing her dead at the scene. They said that she probably tried to protect the baby and it probably was what also killed her. The boyfriend is on life support and is probably not going to make it. The baby has just a bump on his head and was released today to my brother.

I am not sure if I told you this but I have 5 older siblings from my dads first marriage. They are all in the 50s now so that explains the age gap as to why I have a niece who is 6 yrs younger that me with 3 kids of her own.

I am helping where I can with arrangements.

My mom also called me yesterday - she has been evicted. So - matt and I are taking her in until we can get her into another place.

Again - thanks for the messages...I appreaciate them
That is probably the saddest thing I read! I could never look at the picture!

My heart is so broken for all of them! Are the other babies his? Are they totally orphans? This is so terribly sad!

HUGS LEONA!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #632

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
HEY EVERYONE!!! Vikki got her package today and said to please say thank you. She doesn't have power right now (Thank God for cell phones), but wanted to say thank you so much!!!
Thank you Laurie!

Yes, gotta love cell phones... when they work! LOL
Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #633

Quote:
Laurie that's funny you mentioned that today, I was just trying to remember when Vikki's wedding is . . . glad she got the package.

And that's a good tip about the ice cubes, our dog likes to chew them too.

Karen, poop on ladies in church who don't understand children.

Wendy, sounds like a nice weekend again! Except for DDs arm, poor thing. I dislocated my daughter's arm once when she was little pulling off a tight winter coat, felt soooo bad! But like the doctor said, it happens and then you pop it back in again, although he had to do it because I didn't know what was wrong.

My dogs go nuts over ice cubes! thankfully I have all wood floors!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #634

Default 21 August 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Peggysue, the wedding is August 21st....coming up quick!
I am actually marking the days on the calendar!

1 pm

if anyone is coming!!! LOL OPh how I'd love that one!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Laurie, glad she got the package already. When is the wedding again?

Wendy, sorry to hear about DD's arm. Yikes, 6 mo. is a long time.

Well, I started working on my scaled down version of my x-mas card. I am still not happy about not finding the ribbon I want. I went to Ace and found some sparkly opal ribbon that glistens like snow. I think it will work.

Right now I am sitting up in bed next to Simon trying to get Simon to take a nap. UGH. Then I will take the older two to the pool and swim myself once he falls asleep. It is stinkin' hot out again and we aren't forcing the kids outside.

Sophie seems to be fine. We've given her crackers and white bread. She seems to be perky again so maybe between yesterday's Big D and today's puke fest she's all cleaned out.

Beth, I am with you on the whole work thing. I have only been off for 2 days and I don't want to go back to work.

I have taken care most of the garden food. I went and got some farmer corn yesterday and have that now in the freezer, I shredded more zucchini ( I have enough for 34 loaves of bread), made some zucchini bread and banana bread and pickles. The only thing about the pickles is that I put 4 cups vinegar and 2 cups sugar when it was supposed to be 4 cups sugar and 2 cups vinegar. Oh well, I guess I will see if I came up with a new recipe!
My mother gave me 3 huge zucchini but I have only had it fried and I am so not interested in fried anything these days!

What else can I do???
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #636

Default HUGS

Quote:

Counselors are a good thing. I am so very thankful that Clint agreed to see one. Look where it got us!

Best of thoughts Peggy sue!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #637

Default hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Hi girls!
Went out this morning (still in Steamboat Springs) with my neighbor who is my age, and we had a nice time. She wanted to show me a quilt exhibit that is amazing at the Art Museum, but it was closed, so we walked around town and had lunch on the Yampa River.

Laurie the only time I made eggplant was to disguise the eggplant by making eggplant parmesan, and it was pretty good. I think Barefoot Contessa might have some good recipes, hers are usually pretty easy and not strange ingredients. I just don't really care for it, but if I did make it now, I would probably just peel it and roast it in a 475 oven with kosher salt and pepper, with drizzled olive oil. Where is Linda R...she would have a good idea!

Glad VJ got her lil package and liked it, thanks again for doing that!!

Well, need to take Mr. Copper-fella out for a walk now that DH is not here to do it...enjoying a beautiful summer day in the high 70's with the sound of the creek (and a chainsaw which I am severely ignoring right now. )

Beth, I always got sad right before school started...hugs to you. So glad you had the summer free to do so many fun things with the boys this year!! Sounds like you really took advantage of all the time with them.

Wendy, sorry about Bella's arm, hope it is ok now...and your summer sounds so fun too!!
Loved reading your blog, though I am behind on commenting now.
I can't help but giggle.
All I could get my brain to register was EGGPLANT so I wondered what kind of color Eggplant Parmesan would be.

I am still a dork!

I was the opposite about school and depression.
Summer vacation always meant my kids were gonna be gone. My dad always took Carrie for quite awhile then the grandparents fought over them for the rest of the time. I never got them until the week before to go do clothes shopping!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #638

OH Wendy.. fresh honey is the best!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #639
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls,

Hi VJ! Wow, it is getting close. Jodi's is one month from tomorrow! Yikes. Hope you have a wonderful day. Will be there in spirit with you.

OK, gotta let my canines out and get ready for another day. Sure wish it would cool off!

TTYL
Old 08-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #640
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Sophie did not leave any surprises this morning. Yay!

Back to the grind today. UGH.