Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #561
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! Checking in as it's been a few days...I've been working on Christopher's 20th bday card for days on end! I've never made him a card before because being a teenager I thought that he would think it was dumb or retarded as he always teased me about my cards...but a few weeks ago, he asked me to make him one!!!! So I was all nervous about making him one, going back and forth over what to put on it, what to say, etc...but it all came together last night and all I have to do is glue it together and photograph it, then blog it.

I can hardly believe my baby is going to be 20 YEARS OLD on Monday, Aug. 9th. Where in the world does the time go???? I get misty thinking about the years flown by...girls with youngin's....hold fast to your little ones and savor every second with them!

I need to get caught up but I did skim and see that Holly's surgery went well and it's all good news, it seems. Praise the Lord! I'm so praying that it will be absolutely nothing!

I've got some things to do to get ready for Christopher's bday today...but will try to check in later and get caught up with everyone!

Have a super Saturday, all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #562
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning Dorks!

Walked 4 m. with 2 pooches this a.m....one pooch I'd like to get rid of...the pooch on my gut! The other pooches is just a great little doggie that is sacked out on the couch right now! She's tired!

I walked by the boys school to see if theyhad the class lists posted so we would know who their teachers are....didn't have them posted. Then talked to my mom on the p hone for the last 1/3 of my walk which was nice. It's a beautiful cool morning out. I left abou t7:30 and got back about 8:30. Just nice and cool out.

Came home and had pancakes and bacon. I've been buying low cal syrup for myself.....2/3 less calories...and it's pretty good. The regular syrup is just sooooo sweet.

Grace, I'm so glad you guys are outta that old neighborhood. If some kid blocked my drive I'd call the police. That's intimidation and bullying in a big mean way. Bad news......I'm sure you did your fair share of calling the cops. LOL! Sounds bad and I'm thrilled that you are out of there. Thank you, Jesus is right!!!

Agenda today....go get the van (oil change), then our friends invitd us over to this carnival tafter lunch..rock climbing wall, bounce houses, etc....should be fun.

We are thinking about going to Cincinnati on Mon or Tues to King's Island (big theme park). We've not taken the boys yet but they did so well at Disney this past Christmas that I really wanna try to get over there....we went every summer as kids then in our singles group as young adults..we went over often. They are having a Susan B. Kolman deal basically $30 (vs. $50 for adults and $32 for kids) per ticket and $1 each ticket goes to cancer research. Anyway.....we have 2 week days left before school starts on Wed for the boys.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #563
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, 20?? No!!! You are right..where does the time go but I guess he's been incollege 2 years now? Going on 3rd?? right? How sweet of him to ask for a card then the invites. Can't wait to see the cards.

I feel that way a little about Ben already. He'll be 10 next bithday and is probably already spent 1/2 the time under our roof that he will. Crazy and sad too.

Well, I stink after that big walk so am gonna go get in the shower...we are watching an old epi of Wipeout....funny.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #564
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Morning girls...
Lori, yay for GF food and maybe a bakery too...that is nice they could do that , are you staying for 1 or 2 nights?? Is it someone's birthday, or are you just baking a cake?

Grace, wow, I am glad to hear you are out of the old neighborhood after what you just wrote, that would be so tough to go through. Are you assembling the furniture yourself? Look forward to your pics of your office/stamp room!!

Well, need to get ready for this meeting, not used to having to be somewhere early in the morning.
Beth, your walks always sound so nice, they motivate me to go. And hope you make it to the big theme park before school starts.
Holly, I bet you are sore, just take it really easy!

Linda B...I know exactly what you mean about 20...and we thought 6 was tough...20 you begin to realize they are not coming back home, at least for me it was that. Enjoy this birthday with Chris and hope to see your card soon.

Have a great day!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #565
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy Smokes! I just talked to my customer that is hosting the workshop tomorrow...she said 14 confirmed yes w/ 2 maybes. I cut 12 already thinking that would be enough but wow!!!! How do you organize that? LOL! I may demonstrate 2 card, then make 2 stations of those cards and they can make them as they can, then the 3rd (treat cup card) is more difficult, I could station myself there?? Well, anyway, should be fun!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #566
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Beth, we must have the same pooch!

Linda, I look forward to seeing your b-day card for Christopher.

Does anyone know how to make a post on a blog a sticky?? I know how to schedule a post, but not how to make it a sticky.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

Job search is still searching...nothing promising yet.
Spent a week with my sister visiting us...did projects around the house. Went to CHA in CHI and had a blast...came home with so many FREE product. Trying to work on projects that I need to complete. Doing more chatting on SCS. Other than that not much else. One day at a time.

[quote=tracim;17125652]
Hi Robyn, how is the job search going? Have you been doing anything fun over the summer?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Beth, we must have the same pooch!

Linda, I look forward to seeing your b-day card for Christopher.

Does anyone know how to make a post on a blog a sticky?? I know how to schedule a post, but not how to make it a sticky.

Karen: I believe that you need to have permission to do that.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #569
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly: Glad that everything went well and you are recovering.

Lori and others with the 'relative' problem. My heart goes out to you. It is just their way of making themselves feeel superior. In reality, it only shows how petty and inferior they are. They do not understand that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Who wants to be around someone who is so negative and continually makes you feel small? REMEMBER: You are an intelligent, worthwhile human being who has a right to live your live your way...as long as you are not harming someone else. God loves you for who you are, not for how others want you to be. (Took be a long time to believe this about myself.)

Also remember, parents think you should live your life the way they did. If they lived during the depression years, the most important thing to them is MONEY. If you don't have 6 months to a year of your expenses in the bank, they feel they have failed in the way they raised you.

That's the end of my vending for today. Yes, I have been on both sides and learned to keep my mouth closed with my son and DIL if I don't agree with how they are living their lives. It is their life not mine. It is harder to keep my mouth closed when my mother starts in on me. When that happens, I try and remember what I stated above.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #570
Stazon Splitcoast

All good points, Robyn!!

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #571
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Karen: I believe that you need to have permission to do that.
Even on my own blog?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #572
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Even on my own blog?
I give you permission. This is how you do it: Post it, then go back & set the date for some time in the future. It will remain at the top of your blog. You do that in "edit posts." I guess you could try setting the date as you do it & see if it will post.

There, you are officially permitted and learn-ed.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #573
Duchess of Dork

Grace, I"m so happy for you AND for dh! What a difference a move can make. We have been SO much happier in this home. It doesn't change everything, but compared to our tiny house, the "drama" with dh being so angry with kids, etc., has slowed WAY down. WE actually CAN clean the house better here. In our old house there was just no room for anything. That always makes him happy (cleaner house).

Robyn & Traci, thank you for helping me see things from a parent's point of view. I do know he means well for us. He just can't let it go. He's going to give himself ulcers or a heart attack if he worries about us. The other thing is, once you've given someone your input & they choose not to accept your ways, you have to let it go. I find that a lot of people want to tell you how to do things and it's nearly always out of concern for you. People who love us will tell us things out of concern, but accepting the advice is our choice & they need to move on. With kids at home, that's different, as they are under our authority, just as we are under the authority of the law. If a policeman stops me for speeding & I do it again, he will stop me again & that IS his right. A non-authority can offer advice, but once it's been given, it's my choice to accept or not. Does that make sense? This topic is very close to my heart for obvious reasons, but also b/c I have a very "concerned" child. This is something I"ve actually been wanting to blog about: "Nurture vs. Bossy." I've heard so many parents use the term "nurturing" for their child that I would call bossy. See, I call my child BOSSY. My 11 year old will tell us what time we need to be somewhere, hound us to make sure we get somewhere on time, tell another child how to sit in the car, etc. These are all justifiable things. She truly is trying to help in those cases. It is a nurturing type thing, I suppose. However, she's NOT the boss, so unless someone is endangered, she really doesn't need to tell them. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. What I see as a bossy child others may see as nurturing. I must say in the past few days, I did see Natalie presenting a more nurturing manner than bossy with a little girl whom she typically bosses. Maybe the WAY someone does this is part of the issue, too. Hmmmm. Much to ingest!

Speaking of ingesting, my pooch is one of those wrinkly dogs with the fat rolls.

Today is just a few friends coming for B's b-day. 2 weeks late, but I told her she could have some friends over.

Gotta get dressed. PJ's are nice. Clothes are overrated. TTYL!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #574
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Morning girls...
Lori, yay for GF food and maybe a bakery too...that is nice they could do that , are you staying for 1 or 2 nights?? Is it someone's birthday, or are you just baking a cake?

Grace, wow, I am glad to hear you are out of the old neighborhood after what you just wrote, that would be so tough to go through. Are you assembling the furniture yourself? Look forward to your pics of your office/stamp room!!

Well, need to get ready for this meeting, not used to having to be somewhere early in the morning.
Beth, your walks always sound so nice, they motivate me to go. And hope you make it to the big theme park before school starts.
Holly, I bet you are sore, just take it really easy!

Linda B...I know exactly what you mean about 20...and we thought 6 was tough...20 you begin to realize they are not coming back home, at least for me it was that. Enjoy this birthday with Chris and hope to see your card soon.

Have a great day!
Yes, I did, a desk, file cabinet and book case. Want to try to get some stuff set up as I need to make at least 3 cards before tomorrow. birthday, shower and thank you. I will be so glad to go back to work, I need a vacation from my vacation! LOL.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #575
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, back from the meeting, am really enjoying visiting and talking with the neighbors and we found out that they will be painting the buildings here soon, and even though it is an additional expense, it really needs it!!
Parenting...I kind of like that topic as I took a lot of parenting courses in college and I think it's one of those things that are for life, either you are a parent, or you have one...plus the whole family dynamics thing always interests me.
I have a pretty thought out and purposeful way of parenting, and think for the most part it has worked pretty well. We have given both girls independence coupled with education and boundaries so they have a really good foundation. However, in the area of finances, one has managed really well, and the other struggles. That would not be an issue except while she was in college, we were covering all the expenses. I think you just give them the tools and then encourage them along the way. I am a very encouraging parent, but I don't bail out, and that is a frustration with DH and myself.
My parents haven't even tried to parent us since we were married, they think we do a great job and my mom has always said I was the best mom since I didn't have a role model for the first 6 years of my life. But they do kind of parent my little brother, which is interesting, as he is now 50 , and up until the past 5 years where they became much more feeble and unable to, they seemed to dote on him much more.
I agree with Robyn, criticism is from feelings of inferiority...and the best way I have found to avoid being on the receiving end is to try to find out what that person is really asking for, and if possible, give it to them. It may be they want validation they were a good parent, or maybe they are trying to help you avoid a pitfall that they fell into...anyway, I don't do well with criticism, most people don't. In the past few visits with my parents, my Dad has brought up past events over and over and I know he wants to talk about it, but I finally just said, I have had to put that behind me, as a believer we are "new creations in Christ" and it does not help me to dwell on the past. I have forgiven him but I don't want to be reminded of the dysfunction and tell him it is not good for him to dwell on either. He has told me things that I could have gone my entire life being happy not knowing, such as attempted suicides, that I think, why did he have to bring this up?? So a lesson learned for me, I don't need to remind my own kids of the negatives of my past either. It is much healthier to be reminded of the good things and the good qualities handed down.

Last edited by tracim; 08-07-2010 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #576
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, yep, that sounds like a lot of work, assembling furniture. I'm not sure if I wouldn't have a few screws leftover if I attempted that. Yay for you when it is all done, though!!

Today we took our old dining set to a resale shop here in town and I told DH if we don't get a cent for it, it is worth it not having to haul it back home and try to sale it ourselves. But, while there, I found a darling lamp for the basement bedroom...so we spent money and got rid of furniture. Not sure how lucrative that was, but I am happy.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend, and PS, you are doing something fun today as you promised you would!!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #577
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Hi everyone. Home from the state fair with a sunburn. I had a migraine, but I took my Imitrex, and it's feeling better now.

I need to go back...I missed a page....happy Saturday!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #578
Watercolor Wizard

I am quite surprised on how RUDE people can be in church. Our church is a well attended church. Today we got there right as it started and had to sit upstairs in the old choir loft. We sat in a side wing with only three chairs (younger two sat on our laps). There are 5 seats total. The first two were already occupied. Well, Isaac had to run to the bathroom. Then Eli did so about 10 minutes after that. It was taking Eli too long to come back so Joel got up to go look for him. Well, the lady next to him made a comment/snickered, etc. So, I leaned over and explained that Joel needed to go check up on Eli. She made a gesture or something negative so I then said, "This is what it is like when you have small kids!" then during the "peace be with you" she didn't even turn to us. EXCUSE me for having kids! Finally, Simon was mad because I took hymnal away from him because I was afraid he was going to drop it on the people below us. He began crying his head off, no screaming his head off. Joel wanted to take him out and I said no. We wouldn't want to pass by Mrs-no--patience and annoy her anymore. Instead, she got to listen to a very loud almost 3 year old scream (there isn't any cry room in our church). After all of that she didn't take communion so we had to pass over her feet again. I bet she must have been fuming!
I just don't understand it all!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #579
Stazon Splitcoast

And what did you learn from the sermon tonight, Karen?? Really, I am surprised you made it through the service...good for you!! Was the lady old like me? We get grumpier as we get older!!
Hope the rest of your evening goes better!!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #580
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, I wouldn't worry about her. As long as you all got something out of the service, tough cookies for her. I wouldn't worry about it.

Grace, I am so happy you are moved and enjoying your new place! What a great feeling!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #581
Watercolor Wizard

Someday I will be able to listen and absorb mass. For now it is about getting the kids there and learning how to behave, etc.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #582
Stazon Splitcoast

Laurie, glad ou had a fun day but poopers on the sunburn and headache. Glad it's feeling bettter w/ meds. Our state fair started yesterday and we've contemplated going but then may go to that park in Cincy. We'll see but either way....State Fairs are always fun and yummy food too!

Oh, Karen! Some people are just stinky butts with no understanding whatsoever. Drives me nuts too. So sorry but at least you guys were in church...the lady should be happy with that rather than being so rude!!!

Doug just put in a movie...Serrogates or something....w/ Bruice Willis in it and about some robots...strange, indeed!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

We did watch The Time Traveller's Wife last night....great movie. It's been months since we watched a movie and this will be the 3rd this week. I think dh is playing catchup since his work has been so crazy and all in the last few months.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #584
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, glad you had a good meeting and new paint will be great. And, the table/lamp trade off sounds awesome. I hope you can get a little $ or it. How long will they keep it? And do they notify you if it sells or donate it? Sounds like a neat place though.

Okay, this movie is strange....people have basically clone robots of them selves and they are called serrogates....you 'sync' to your serrogate in this pod thing and your serrogate can go to work for you, etc....while you lay around in your pod all day doing whatever else you want to do. Then our serrogate goes to it's chamber where it syncs with your pod and you. Strange...strange...strange. Sounds like a bad dream!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #585
Stazon Splitcoast

I think DD told me about that movie, Beth, and if it's the one I'm thinking, she didn't like the ending. Well, glad Dh is able to catch up on his rest, anyways.
Yes, the resale shop is a really big one here, they take it for 3 months, I think, and each 30 days, the price goes down, so at the beginning it is full price, then the next 30 is 1/3 off then the next 30 is half off, and you get 1/2 of that. And yes, I told them to donate it, but you can get it back if you want to. For a mountain resort town where the nearest furniture store goes for beaucoup bucks, this is a great idea...especially since there are so many condos, townhomes, etc...here.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 AM   #586
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! Off to church in a few...sorry that I didn't get a chance to read all the chatter (again)...you guys have been quite chatty! We watched a movie last night, too called "The Golden Boys"...really cute movie with Rip Torn, Bruce Dern & David Carradine as old sea captains that live together and advertise for a bride for one of them so that they can mainly have a housekeeper. It's set during turn-of-the-century Cape Cod and is a "comedy" but has some poignant moments. I recommend it...it's cute but not exciting if you're looking for things blowing up and such (like Tom likes LOL)...

Gotta scoot...will catch up soon hopefully! Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #587
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Woke up to thunderstorms last night. That's okay that means I don't have to water the garden. Not that I have watered the garden this summer anyway. We've had above normal rain fall this summer.

Eli and I dug up potatoes yesterday out of the garden. I didn't have too many planted so our yield is small, maybe 10 pounds?? So, I made homemade mashed potatoes last night as part of our dinner. I think next year I will do more potatoes. Each year I am learning what I can grow, what we are eating, etc. So far the veggies/herbs that will stay are potatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, dill, green peppers. I will not plant lettuce next year. We just didn't eat it this year. I have tried carrots before, but they don't get very big.

Today I will take the boys to pokemon club. They are so excited. They've waited all week for this.

Well, I guess I better go start making some pancakes. Oh BETH, try sometime just eating your pancakes with out syrup. I do and they taste really yummy without the syrup. It also saves a few more calories that way.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #588
Stazon Splitcoast

Or add a ripe banana and toasted walnuts for banana nut pancakes...you definitely won't need syrup on those. I have been craving pancakes, we may go to my favorite breakfast place here in town, The Shack, this morning and get some!!

Morning ladies, have a blessed day and will check in later.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #589
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, that movie sounds so good, thanks for the recommendation. My kind of film for sure!
Is Chris's card done yet?
Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't see Linda's card posted on her blog yet.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday. I listened to the webcast of church this morning, and now I feel very lazy. I think I might go look thru the newspaper.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #591
Duchess of Dork

For those not on facebook or who didn't see this, Leona posted this last night:

Quote:
Please keep my brother and his family in your thoughts and prayers. My 24 year old neice was in a car accident and did not make it. She had 3 little boys - please keep them in your prayers.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, dear about Leona. That's horrible. I will pray for them. Their family does not need such a tragedy right now. That's sooo sad!!!

Sam still has this cough...poor kid. Can't get rid of it and he pukes every time we give him meds. We tried those Mucinex melts...like the candy Nerds that you put on your tongue...he barfed after the 1st pack..needed 2 and I'm sure none of the 1st is in it..down my sink with lunch. It's really frustrating and I loose my patience. Just drink the durn stuff and be done with it. So, then got some Dylsem or whatever down him. That's 12 hour so he won't need anymore till tomorrow morning. Poor kid. He tries really hard but just knows he's gonna barf....so does. We have water and his toothbrush ready to go in after the meds but my goodness. He wont do cherry flavor so we've tried orange and grape but most everything is in cherry. Tried this homeopathic honey med last night and he got that down and did okay at night with the vaporizer and Vick's on his chest. I guess I should complain...he's alive and here and all is well but a nasty cold.

Have that big workshop today. We are doing 3 cards so it should be okay. Laurie, I did handwrite the directions for each 'station'...can't wait to get our new printer hooked up. The old one pooped out.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday afternoon...hot here!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #593
Stazon Splitcoast

Let us know how it goes Beth! Hoping the best for you!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #594
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so sorry to hear of Leona's and her brother's loss...so tragic at such a young age!! My heart and prayers go out to the family.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #595
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, that is around how many are at our stamp club. My demo writes out the directions and puts it on these huge black clothespin clips that sit on each table, with the demo card in it...two for each table. So we can read and look at the card also.
then she also rotates around and sits at a table if we need help. I am the one who usually needs help, especially if it is a different type of fold, and she does a lot of those.
Hope tonight's workshop goes well.

That orange delsym does work pretty well, hope he can keep it down. I can't do the cherry either, it just makes me gag. Poor lil guy...it's rough when they're sick, huh?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #596
Watercolor Wizard

Leona, I am sorry for your family's loss.

Beth, I hate it when they puke up the medicine. Besides being gross it stains carpets!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #597
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

hey everyone. Thank you for thinking of me. Its been a very long emotion day.

Yesterday morning my brother had all of his children come over for a family photo. After they all left my niece whom was in the middle car with her youngest son and boyfriend - the boyfriend decided to pass the front car going very fast - he lost control of the car. They hit a utility pole fliped in the air and then hit a tree. My niece was found onto of the infant car seat (he is 3 mo old). They ended up pronouncing her dead at the scene. They said that she probably tried to protect the baby and it probably was what also killed her. The boyfriend is on life support and is probably not going to make it. The baby has just a bump on his head and was released today to my brother.

I am not sure if I told you this but I have 5 older siblings from my dads first marriage. They are all in the 50s now so that explains the age gap as to why I have a niece who is 6 yrs younger that me with 3 kids of her own.

I am helping where I can with arrangements.

My mom also called me yesterday - she has been evicted. So - matt and I are taking her in until we can get her into another place.

Again - thanks for the messages...I appreaciate them
Old 08-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #598
Pearl-ExPert

Leona, my heart dropped when I read the post about your niece. Such a heartbreaking thing to have happen.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #599
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona, that senerio is just awful. I hpe the boyfriend makes it...it's all so very sad. Heartbreaking.

The workshop went okay. Had maybe 12 adults and 2 older elementary girls and one older teen who really has a knack for this. Her mother was there too and ordered a few things. The party total for that many people was not very much....$152 so far which is okay..just not a workshop that I made much off by the time I take out material expenses and time. I did get one booking and another one for January so I guess that's good. Dh's first comment when I got home was "well, did you make any money?" Sort of torked me..it's not all about the money..I work a full time job already, thank you very much. I make enough to support my stamping and that's about it which is fine with me. All his hobby stuff comes out of our regular budget..he doesn't work extra to support that so whatever...just sort of put a damper on it all. But, I did have a good time. The group was big and there were several hubby's/boyfriends/ younger children so that was kind of hard to move around and explain stuff with men chatting in the kitching and drinking. Ugh....but was okay. I was there almost from 3:30-7:20 by the time I set up and cleaned up so it was kind of a long time for the low sales. But, anyway, still fun. I hear of these demos having $500-$600 workshops and I don't get it...never happened around here! LOL!

Anyway, I'm tired so may just go lay in bed.....night all.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #600
Stazon Splitcoast

Leona I am so sorry to hear your tragic news.

Been a long day here.

Beth, sorry for poopy hubby attitude.