Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #521
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Anyone want a TGI Friday's coupon? Buy one entree and appetizer, get an entree free thru August 11th.
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #522
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds good, Laurie, but I'm afraid with our schedules we may not use it before the 11th. I like Friday's though.

Kids are in bed...wonder if they will go off to sleep. Sam and Abby said they were going to stay up all night. They unloaded the book case and have the books all piled up on their blankets on the floor They had to take the roof off the 'fort' cuz it's still pretty warm up there and their ceiling fan was doing nothing for them with the roof on the fort. Anyway, we'll see. I'm hoping that with swimming, and going to Dave and Busters (we had 2 cards that had $ still on them) that they are all tuckered out. I know I am.

DH just put in Sherlock Holmes....w/ Morten Downey Jr. Looks pretty good anyway.....the house is starting to cool off downstairs.

Wendykins, poor baby girl w/ her bottle issue. It will get better. She'll figure it out.

Traci, have fun in Steamboat.

Holly, thinking of you!

HI TRACEY!!!! So nice to see you pop in. How are the other PSFers? Miss you girls. We need to revive our psf-dork thread....hope all is well!!

I think I'm gonna shut her down and wath the movie....looks pretty good.

Night lady dorks!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.

Last edited by Bethhartley; 08-05-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #523
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Made it to Steamboat...should have known at 9:30 DH would try hauling the dining table down 2 flights of stairs...good grief. I just have to close my eyes and pray, he sure is determined!! I do really appreciate that things get done thanks to him!!So it is all set up and looks great!!
We are here for the annual Homeowner's meeting on Saturday, and I wanted to come to meet some of the people in our units. Just found out there is a reception tomorrow night, so that will be nice to meet people and get to know who is who!!
We may have to all rent that movie again, and watch it "together."
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #524
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Hi Ladies...just popped in to say nitey nite...

Holly - MIL has no clue how to talk to you...oh well...just ignore her...you are a wonderful young woman!!!

Wendy - nice to see you pop in

Beth - is summer over yet...has school begun?

Karen - rest up from your trip...hope that all went well

PS - paintbrush? Hmmm...I had never thought of one as a weapon...I am going to brush you off?

Traci - hope that you enjoy your time in Steamboat Springs

Grace - hope that your move is going well for you

Laurie - coupons for Friday's...sounds yummy to me...the nearest one is about 12 miles away

Got to get some sleep tonight, I suppose...Mr Brown is coming to visit tomorrow...
Doing the Happy SU Dance tomorrow...yea

Love to all...Linda
Check out Creative Crew Challenges at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ge-forum-f309/
Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #525
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
I am home and I am tired.

ditto. *boof*
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #526
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!
Today is a furlough day for me. I slept in until about 7:30 and that felt good. We might go camping today if there are any walk-in camping spots left. Otherwise, our vacation will be here, at home.

Traci, glad you made it to steamboat safely.

Holly, good luck with thesurgery today.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, enjoy Steamboat! Hope you meet some nice neighbors at the association meeting.

Karen, enjoy the furlough day. You going to try to go camping at Devil's Lake?

Beth, how did you like the movie? It was well done but it kind of creeped me out. I don't think its one I'd want to repeat.

Cuccicooo!!! How nice to have you pop in! Say hi to all the PSF ladies!

Lindam, isn't it fun when Mr. Brown comes? I love getting packages.

Almost done with my stuff for the next MFP blog hop. I still need to make my card for Sunday's challenge, but I know which stamp set I want to use and that always makes it easier. Just have to pick out some fun papers.

I told DH no way, no how are we doing anything on the house on Saturday except leaving it to go to a park or forest preserve for some family oriented outside time. Otherwise I WILL be using the paintbrush as a weapon!!! hee hee

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #528
Stazon Splitcoast

Yup, thinking of you, Holly, this a.m. during the surgery.

Traci, glad you made it and that the table is in place an dlooking all dashing now! Sounds like my BIL and I trying to the the fooseball table down from the loft. Aeii-yii-yii....we ended up having to take the legs off due to getting it down the stairs and it was just so durn heavy anyway. That helped and we managed but HOLY COW!

I'm off in a bit to take my niece and nephew back to BIL and SIL. We are meeting 1/2 way in a parking lot, and then they are heading 1/2 way to Wisc. to meet her parents (the kids grands) and the kids are going w/ them for a week. They are all excited about it! I'm so glad we have family close by that have kids our kids' ages...they have sooo much fun. Good kids!

So, Tess has now started chewing off the grill cover.....dh was NOT happy about that but holy cow....she's either on a leash or in her crate it seems. She gets crazy. She's good most of the time but when we have extra kids here she's either outside or in the crate...then she gets bored and starts tearing into stuff. Silly doggie! We need to take her on a long walk today. My other 2 nephews are coming over after we get back so maybe they can get on their scooters, the baby in the stroller and the dog running along side. She needs a good workout.

Okay, gotta load up on my coffee before we hit the road. Happy Friday, everyone!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Traci, enjoy Steamboat! Hope you meet some nice neighbors at the association meeting.

Karen, enjoy the furlough day. You going to try to go camping at Devil's Lake?

Beth, how did you like the movie? It was well done but it kind of creeped me out. I don't think its one I'd want to repeat.

Cuccicooo!!! How nice to have you pop in! Say hi to all the PSF ladies!

Lindam, isn't it fun when Mr. Brown comes? I love getting packages.

Almost done with my stuff for the next MFP blog hop. I still need to make my card for Sunday's challenge, but I know which stamp set I want to use and that always makes it easier. Just have to pick out some fun papers.

I told DH no way, no how are we doing anything on the house on Saturday except leaving it to go to a park or forest preserve for some family oriented outside time. Otherwise I WILL be using the paintbrush as a weapon!!! hee hee

Hope you all have a good day.

Yeah, Doug and I thought it was a bit dark....but then we noticed who directed it at the end... Guy Richie....Madonna's husband..if they are still married. Doug said "No wonder it was so dark!" Was good but some of it creeped me out..all the devil stuff..but I did think Rober Downey Jr was looking pretty beefed up. He's had such a sad life in and out of drug rehab foreve...I hope he has it all together now cuz he sure did look nice!

I agre...no painting for you this weekened...go relax!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, you are hereby FORBIDDEN to paint for the entire weekend. You have also been ordered by your dorkie peers to have fun and use lots of mosquito repellant in any and all outdoor activities. Enjoy the family time!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I emailed you the coupon from Fridays. ENJOY! I love eating there!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly: Prayers that everything is going well today.
Hi everyone.

It is so nice to drop in here and realize that there are others like me...Dorky...and that it is OK. Life throws us curves and we can laugh about them after we are done crying. Both are healthy.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #533
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I love TGIF, but have to travel to get to one.

A friend is coming over I believe, we didn't officially chat yesterday but Friday is our standing day normally..

I am making a peach blueberry cobbler for dessert. With vanilla icecream. Yummo!
Of course lunch is just Turkey sandwiches today.

PS, how many more rooms do you have to paint? Hopefully not many!

Happy Friday!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM   #534
Watercolor Wizard

If you all want to see the cross stitch I am working on it is posted on my blog.

We are NOT going camping at DL. DH ran up to Baraboo to see if we could get a walk in site and all of those were taken as well. We will go to the park next to us and bring bocce ball, a frisbee, etc. and have fun over there.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #535
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds good, Karen, take a picnic!! I wish our kids were still young enough to do that, I have always enjoyed picnics...now I try to take one on the boat to eat outdoors. You and PS both enjoy your "furlough" days!!

Laurie, I feel for you with all those skeeters...I remember that from when we lived in MN one year and went to stay a couple of times at cabins in Wisconsin, the mosquitoes drove me crazy. Didn't like that too well!!

Beth, enjoy your drive and hope you'll have a few less kiddos. Yes, you do have the idyllic family with cousins nearby who play and family who gives them lots of opportunities to do that. It's great for everyone...

Linda R enjoy the UPS man, well, not the man, but the package. Anyways, enjoy your new stuff. The last two packages I've gotten have still not been played with, maybe after the traveling settles down. Stamp club always gets me back in the mood and gives me ideas to play too!

Hi Robyn, how is the job search going? Have you been doing anything fun over the summer?

Joyce, I always like to concentrate on the dessert too, and that cobbler sounds pretty yummy. Enjoy your day with your friend!

And of course, Holly, woke up praying for you this morning. Let us know as soon as you are able...and let DH take care of you today.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #536
Duchess of Dork

Hi! Not sure I'm caught up at all. I do know today is Holly's surgery. Hope she is in recovery now & doing well. Do any of you have a phone # to check in on her? I just thought of that.

Holly, I read that same story on FB yesterday (about the couple & the lady with cancer). I'm not sure I get the point of the story on its own & certainly not appropriate to send to you. I did think of the fact that your MIL might be the one who related to the story from the husband cheating on her, though. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Beth, is your AC fixed?

Karen, sounds like you've been busy.

Grace, glad you got moved.

Leona, did you decide to keep working from home? Sorry things are rough right now.

Joyce, sounds like such fun having a baby in the house! I'm a baby hog these days. LOL!

Traci, how was your trip? What's cooking on your agenda now? Did dh carry the table down 2 stories?

Laurie, hope you get mail today!

Robyn, how goes the job search?

Linda R, did your squid turn out good?

Linda B, hope your finger heals quickly (saw that on FB, but in case she pops in here).

I think that's all my brain can recall.

We did 6 flags yesterday & girls had a great time. Took 2 friends (different ones). All went great until I realized I'd locked the keys in the van. Thankfully Phil was home so he rescued us. 3 of the 4 girls had showers, then I took mine. It was about 1 a.m. by the time we were all done so I told Bethany she could wait til today (she hates taking showers for some reason). I didn't get to bed til after 3 by the time they were all settled, had eaten, etc. Then I stayed up looking up places in a nearby town that Phil & I might go to for our anniversary.

Had to get up for my folks to pick up the pick up! They let us borrow it 2 weeks, which was really nice.

Gotta do a separate "vent" post.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #537
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, do you think her DH would answer her cell phone? I could try sending a text?!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #538
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent a text to Holly's cell phone.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #539
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Lori - I didnt really decide - it was decided for me...but I am okay with it.

I have some ideas sketched out for my christmas cards - yeah me!!
Ok back to work - may go shopping with the girls tonight
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #540
Duchess of Dork

I knew it wouldn't last long. My dad being nice, that is. 2 girls were still asleep inside in the living room, so I answered the door quickly when my folks came & told them not to talk too loud. Well, dad told me to come outside b/c he needed to talk to me.

Apparently MIL's leg is bothering her (I did know that) but Dad thinks it's really, really, REALLY bad (no, she didn't say that, just that it was hurting & she's had to take pain pills so needs to see the dr.---she may mean tylenol when she says pain pills, though; she hates meds & seeing dr's). I had said I'd be carless next week (assuming Phil wasn't up to fixing the brakes yet) so Dad said, "Why can't he fix them?" then went on this tirade about how finanically stupid we are & we can't expect our parents to give us stuff and they never got help from their parents. Ladies, we do not ASK for financial help from them. They offer it. For that matter, MIL doesn't often offer it, but when she does it's usually big, like our van. We didn't ASK him to pay for new brakes. We can get by. We asked to borrow the truck for a week. Or did we? Now I can't remember, he may have just offered it.

Oh, he started with, "I've decided I'm not going to tell you how to run your life." ha. He told us we need to see a financial advisor. I told him we need more income & we ARE going to homeschool. He scoffed at that. He thinks I need to work full-time as a teacher, put my kids in school & be done with it, because having a new car & new TV are important. Yes, he brought up the fact that we can't even buy a new car or new TV. Then he told me how Phil's priorities are wrong b/c he likes riding his motorcycle more than working on the house. He likes EVERYTHING more than working on the house. It's not our house! We keep the "yard" cut. It's all weeds, was that way when we moved in, but we keep them trimmed. On a rent house, even if you are financially stupid, you don't spend big $ to make a yard look great. I'd rather pay for, oh, say, GROCERIES, than new grass.

Yes, Phil's hobby is his motorcycle. Dad's hobby is golf. OH, but dad always made the yard look nice first. Yes, and dad never worked on cars, never had to fix things in the house (Phil has worked on Dad's computer multiple times for "free" but not really since they give us things; he also works on computers for friends, usually for free, because they help us out in other things), never had to do any maintenance of any sort other than the yard. I don't think Dad knows that Phil probably cracked a rib this last wreck & that is why he hasn't worked on the car.

We've CHOSEN for me to stay home & yeah, it bites us in the behind financially. It's OUR choice & the more Phil reads the more he believes that for US homeschooling is the ONLY choice. No, we are not the best financial planners. But we are also not big spenders. They gave us some money for our anniversary AND to fix the brakes in the car (Phil wants to fix them b/c he thinks shops charge too much).

Phil & I have NEVER gone somewhere for our anniversary. EVER. Well, we spent one anniversary in the jungle in Zaire! We've taken a handful of trips EVER with just the 2 of us and none since the girls were born. That's 14 years. We once went to Dallas & stayed in a room right next to my inlaws for a wedding.

He complains about us sleeping in. I do tend to sleep in b/c my body is usually not at 100%. In fact, I don't think it's been even at 80% for years and probably is at about 70% most days. I know my lung function is normally about 70%. Kind of hard to have tons of energy when you aren't breathing fully!

This gets better. Since we will be "in the area" near MIL (we'll be about 1.5 hrs. from her, about the same as to get home), we need to spend the night with her on Friday & "discuss things" without the kids being there. WHAT??? I told him, "This is our anniversary, not mother-in-law time." How can one man make my blood boil so fast? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Okay, I'm done.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #541
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Lori, do you think her DH would answer her cell phone? I could try sending a text?!
Good question! I hope he answers the text! Thank you so much! I guess we have that info on our list, huh? You are so good, Laurie! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #542
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop032004 View Post
Lori - I didnt really decide - it was decided for me...but I am okay with it.

I have some ideas sketched out for my christmas cards - yeah me!!
Ok back to work - may go shopping with the girls tonight
Glad you are okay with it! Fun, fun on the cards!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #543
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Morning!

Hope to hear from Holly sometime today...that she is doing ok

I really need new glasses...it is difficult to read the postings anymore...oh well...and had to call my doc to check out this annoying pain in my hip/thigh joint...going on way too long...

Princess is sitting at my feet...I so LOVE her...

Anyway...glad today is Friday...that means wine tasting tonight

Ken liked the squid (calamari) that I made in the tomatoe sauce...he loves coming home to a nice meal and I enjoy cooking for him and myself too...healthy meals.

I am looking for a pretty royal blue dress with ruffles cascading down the neckline for when we go to the California Wine country in September...saw one yesterday in Ross, but did not have my size...so, on the hunt to go to another Ross store and see if they have one...

Have a Happy Friday Ladies...Love n Hugs...Me!
Check out Creative Crew Challenges at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ge-forum-f309/
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #544
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, so nice you love to cook and Ken also. Your dinners always sound yummy!
I don't cook as healthy as I could, but I am a meat and potatoes kind of gal, I guess. I do love salmon and shrimp and experimenting with recipes definitely!
Thinking about your dress, have you tried asking the clerks at the counter to check other locations? I know Macy's and Nordstroms and several shoe stores do that, it seems they could try to check, but Ross and TJ Maxx, since they have limited inventory and get overstock, may not have a way to check inventories.
Sure hope you find one, sounds lovely!

Lori, I think it's pretty generous of your parents to give you money for your anniversary, and so glad you are going to get away...yes, I would avoid the MIL detour trip and just enjoy!! Parents always think there money goes along with control...it is a hard trap to avoid...just to give and not expect anything, even compliance, as an outcome. We have learned that lesson the hard way with our grown daughters. You can only hope for gratitude.
Hope someday your parents can if not appreciate, respect, your choice to homeschool and stay at home in this stage of your life.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda I've heard ruffles are so in right now, I've seen them a lot. I hope you find a nice dress. I went to wine country years ago, it is very pretty. I loved all the rose bushes at the various wineries.

Lori, was it your MIL who took the girls for you for a week recently, or was that your mom?

I haven't figured out yet what to say to relatives of my own about certain issues, so I'm not going to be much help here.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #546
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, the dress sounds adorable..so does the wine!

Lori, Grrrr.....I'm so sorry about the unneeded lecture from your dad. Is there a nice way to say 'shove it'?? LOL! Sorry, that was disrespectful.....I think Traci said it so nicely.....

House is quiet. Nephews are gone. We had such a nice early aftenroon. I posted some pics on fb from this trip today and our trip w/ my sis to the Children's Museum. Boys start school this coming WEd....I'm starting to get sad.

Today is friday. I hope Doug brings pizza home.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #547
Stazon Splitcoast

There is a centipede crawling across the floor in front of me....eww, eww, eww....now it's u nder the tv stand.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #548
Stazon Splitcoast

Issues? What issues?

This is what has happened to us...it is only DH's dad living now, and my parents, and the next issue I will have is what to say to them when it is time for them to move out of their house and get rid of their dogs. I am just hoping that doesn't happen soon, so far God has been gracious in giving them a lot of extra help, home health care, and wonderful neighbors that has allowed them to stay in their home. I sometimes wish I could be the "issue" and have someone think about how to help me, but we are usually the ones in that role. I guess I should be super thankful for that, but I just miss having a parent being a parent, as in , calling, coming for a visit, going shopping together...those are the things I miss. Oh well, maybe before too long we will have grandkids and they'll be close enough to do things with. This sandwich generation is super tough!!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Squish that sucker, Beth...eww is right!
OK, off to go shopping and stock up on pemican for the long cold winter ahead.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #550
Gabfest Goddess

hi gals got home at noon, surgery went really good. Doc. said it was pretty fatty good news can't type to good one handed I just wanted to say thank you for the prayers and love dh and I both missed your text luriw or dh would have sent one back if i am feeling better tomorrow i will get back on and tell you all about it hugs
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #551
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Holly, glad to hear from you and know that you are back home and starting on the road to feeling better. Hope you are able to rest and recover, please don't be like me and try to get back to "normal" too soon, you will take longer to recover, which is sage advice if I could follow it myself! I am my own worst enemy when it comes to my own health.

Ok, i'm officially off my soapbox now.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #552
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly glad to hear the good news!

Beth, I agree, squish it!!!

Traci, issues . . . DH gave me an ultimatum and said I need to address some issues with my mom within a week or he's going to do it, whether I have rehearsed what I should say or not, something needs to be said.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, dear..I hate confrontations....they are just hard and not fun and uncomfortable. Will be praying about that, Peggysue.

Boys are in bed...all 3. Sam has had this cough for about a 4 days...no fever, nothing else going on, just this cough. He's the worst at taking meds and usually barfs up all the liquid cough meds so I put the vaporizer in there tonight hoping that would help. Poor kid and right before school starts. He didn't even go over to his friends house thisafternoon when Ben did because he wasn't feeling very good. Doug's asleep wit them too.

Hi HOLLY!!!! I just read back and saw tha tyou were here. I'm so glad things went well and that you are home safe and sound. Yeah, take Grace's advice and lay low like you are supposed to!!

Karen, your day sounds fun even if you didn't get to go camping. Just being out with the kids and hubby is nice no matter what it is sometimes.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend....

Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #554
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Holly, thanks for letting us know...it sounds like good news!!
PS, I am sorry for your challenge, I will pray also for wisdom. Hugs to you!

Get together was good, we have nice neighbors here, and it is good to know who they are. And cool weather, ahh...65 last night. High 70's today, maybe low 80's.

Will check in tomorrow, about to watch a movie, Preacher's Kid with DH.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #555
Duchess of Dork

Holly, so glad to hear from you & that surgery went well.

Traci, we are within 10 years of being in your shoes. Our parents are in their 70's & still okay for now, but definitely seeing signs of aging. For MIL, that means she's about like a 50 year old, though! SHe's in really good shape in general. Not sure what's going on with her leg, but I hope it's not as bad as my dad thinks it is.

PS, last time it was MIL who had all the girls---mine & then 2 others. We were very grateful for that. Of course, as with all of our times when parents have taken the kids, it was a work week, so Phil was at work & I was busy cleaning the house. I'm still grateful, but we do need some time completely alone. I'm sure you don't get those breaks either with a little one at home. Actually, we could have them stay with friends, and my kids would rather do that. Natalie is really being a pain in the rear about this--what do you use as a discipline option at that point? Keep complaining & I won't feed you? (for any lurkers, I'm being sarcastic) It's not as though I can say, "You can't play with friends if you keep complaining" b/c they won't be anyway. I just feel it is important for them to know their grandparents. Maybe that's b/c I didn't have a grandfather until my Grammie remarried when I was 10, but they lived in Massachusetts & we were here. My girls have lost one grandfather & I'd like them to have memories of their grandparents. They are fine once they are there. It's Natalie more than B. who gets fidgety & there isn't a lot for a girl her age to do at their house. The pool is great at MIL's. My folks have not complained about watching the girls, or I'd not ask them to do that. I know it must also seem like they are gone a lot, but this summer it's been for VBS that one week & the other times were when I've taken Kathy to chemo in Houston & our other friend wasn't here to keep the girls.

I hope I didn't sound ungrateful for my parents' gifts. I have thanked them profusely for the gift money AND for the use of the truck. When I sent them a note this afternoon I again thanked them. I also mentioned that Phil's recent accident likely caused a cracked rib, which is why he's not worked on the car yet. I realized that Dad probably thought Phil was out riding these weekends & not working on the car. I wanted him to know that Phil has been pretty much sitting on the couch or in his chair. We did take the girls to Fiesta Texas last weekend, but he didn't ride any extreme rides like he likes to do. I said it politely & kept thinking of Beth saying, "Kill 'em with kindness!" LOL!

Wow, Traci, 65 degrees? 70's? 80? NICE! So glad you are getting such enjoyable weather. Looks like they are forecasting us to stay in the 90's. Typically by now we're in the 100's, but we seem to have more humidity this year, so it feels just as hot. Tonight when I left Wal-Mart at 9:20 I thought, "Wow, I'd forgotten how hot August is." Then I thought of all the dorks & how it must be like that for y'all in the winter.

PS, so sorry you have to deal with confrontation issues with your mom. IT is hard being at this stage of life. So glad there are several of us there so we can learn from each other. Hope it goes smoothly.

Beth, hope Sam Sheep stops sounding sick. Hope they are all asleep too!

Grace, are you enjoying new pastures for your living quarters?

Got a cake in the oven. This is take 2. Tried a from scratch recipe that flopped. Went to WM & got a mix. It's baking now. Bethany will have to ice it tomorrow. She decorates her own cakes & has for years now. Now to get them to want to MAKE the cakes without me. Natalie will help, but hasn't started doing it alone yet. B. doesn't care so much about the baking process. She likes creating new foods, but without a recipe. Let's just say that is interesting! LOL!

OH!!!! PEGGYSUE! Guess what I found today? BISQUICK!!! Now, that may sound odd, but this was the GF BISQUICK!!! SO excited. Will let you know how it is. If you can't find it let me know so I can send you some.

ALSO, the place we are staying next week (I may have said this already) is going to serve me GF foods & told me about the health food store there that sells a lot of GF stuff. They may even open a GF bakery. We don't have one here that I know of. I don't mind baking my own gf stuff & I don't bake gf often anyway (more now that B. is GF also), but it would be nice to know such a thing is somewhere not TOO far from home. I let B. get off the GF diet when she went to Grandma's. She was okay for about 2 weeks, then the autistic & ADHD behaviors went into overdrive. We saw a HUGE change in her on the gluten. We have seen NO tummy issues, so I'll let her have gluten now & then (like tomorrow) but am trying to keep her gf for the most part.

Need to see if she's finished getting ready for bed. Night dear ones!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #556
Duchess of Dork

OH! I forgot the icing on the cake part of my story earlier. We have a neighbor to the left who got married a year ago. HE moved away, but was here for lunch now & then. He'd be gone for a month then show up. Well, they moved back in about a month ago. They put up trees in their yard & they have always had real grass. They own their home. He was outside as my parents were leaving. I was in pj's, but had put a t-shirt over my pj top (it's a summer not to be worn in public type top). So, I was standing outside my door with my pj pants showing. When I heard the neighbor say hello, I tried to duck inside. Mom came out about that time (she'd come into the house for a few minutes) & I told her good bye. Well, I said hello so neighbor could hear me, but then went towards the door. Dad said, "Hi. Your yard looks really nice. Maybe you can come over here & help them out." I'm just sharing tips in case you want to humiliate your own grown kids. Or for future reference, good to use on a son-in-law you don't like. Or a friend you really don't mind losing. REMIND me of these things when my kids are grown, okay? Because I may turn out just like my dad!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #557
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls.

Lori, sorry your Dad is being such a stinker. Very frustrating to say the least.

Finally got my desk for the office and the book case yesterday. Got my file cabinet assembled and almost completed the desk yesterday, just the drawers and door to put on, then the book case. YAY!

This house is like a dream come true for us. I can't tell you how many times I have heard DH say "thank you Jesus" in the last week. It feels so HUGE compared to the other place. The yard is a wonderful almost blank slate for us to work with. May even start this fall with some perennial plantings, may bring some hostas and iris bulbs from the other place. Also going to ask DH to bring a start from the Lilac bush that was a start from the bushes his aunt & uncle had at the house of theirs we rented for a year when we were first married and brought with us when we moved to Champaign.
It is so wonderfully peaceful here. Worst noise is the kids next door that are playing loudly out in their yard. No swearing, thumping stereos or kids standing in the middle of the street daring you to hit them. I don't sound joyfully happy, now do I? LOL. It is such a blessing for this to have all happened for us. OK, I've rattled on enough. Need to get a move on and finish assembling my furniture, then start on shower schtuff for tomorrow. I think I will make a small package of bath salts for all the ladies attending as a party favor. Did I share that we are having a pinata that is a tiki head? I think we are going to have a blast!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #558
Gabfest Goddess

Morning gals

Want to comment on so much but to hard to type. So hugs, prayers, so sorry and lol Today got pain wow but it'll be ok Dh had to work today so it's me and the critters...and pain pills. bawawa

MIL thing was all about her and not her child my dh that is why I got so mad, didn't think that was good he day before my surgery to get that.

Grace and Joyce I don't think I have your emails whoops would you mind pm me so I can added them...Blame it on being a dork! I thought I had Joyce's because I know I emailed you but dh looked its not in there.

ok gals hope u all have a great day!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #559
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Holly, I am so glad the surgery is over and you are okay.

PS, I hate those talks. Good luck.

Lori, You Dad sounds terribly frustrating. It would be nice if he could love you for who you are and not who he wants you to be.

Grace, it's nice to hear that you are so happy!

Geez, Beth, it seems like your kids get sick a lot. I hope the little guy is okay and didn't puke last night.

Traci, the weather sounds wonderful!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
Holly glad to hear the good news!

Beth, I agree, squish it!!!

Traci, issues . . . DH gave me an ultimatum and said I need to address some issues with my mom within a week or he's going to do it, whether I have rehearsed what I should say or not, something needs to be said.

Heheheh, forgot to reply to this yesterday...the dog ate it! Mmmmm, crunchy w/ lots of protein!!