Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #481
Pearl-ExPert

Morning Ladies!

Quick **boof** before more unpacking. I think the boxes are breeding at night!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day & stay cool. Gonna be another scorcher here today.

TTYL!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #482
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

morning ladies.
I tried to stamp last night - but its no fun when the kids drive me up the wall. Madelyn wants to do the exact same thing I do so she is litterally under my feet. The twins think the stairs are the new game and Grace - well she is just not happy if it is not her way. The Matt just sits there and then gets mad when one of the babies goes down stairs - excuse me you are sitting on you rear in front of the tv. I think I am going to tell him if he gets 2-3 hours a wk of uninteruppeted time at the FD then I get the same....I got so frustrated yesterday that I just made everyone get out of the room and I shut the lights off and said I wasnt doing this. It is no fun for anyone if all they are going to do is whine.

I may have asked this before - but how do you guys organize your scraps...what is the smallest size you keep etc.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #483
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, you didn't write a book! LOL! Myposts are way longer. I'm glad you got your vaca in before Erin starts school too.

Leona, Ugh...hate times like that when you feellike the house is falling in around you...kids and all. It gets so busy and unmanagable at times, too. My dh will sometimes say "what's that spot on the carpet??" then go sit down in front of the tv like WHO is going to clean up that spot? I usually do because I feel likehe is telling me in a round about way that the house is not clean enough.....but sometimes I feel I should just go sit in front of the tv too...yeah, there is a spot on the carpet...get of your arse and clean it up. LOL! He's so good in so many ways but sometimes, as Jackie Gleason would say on the Honeymooners "POW, right in the kisser!!"

Well, our AC is broken and it's hotter than hot in here. We left the windows open with the air on during the night hopeing for a miracle but neither one of us slept very well. WE kept the windows shut because it was raining...but I got up at 7 when he did and opened up all the windows and got some fans going. It's NASTY!!! The AC guy is coming around 4. I hope we can make it. I remember summers as a kid not having AC just because mom and dad couldnt' get it fixed...too much $, so we all slept downstairs in the family room...us kids on the floor, mom and dad on the pullout sofa and all of us listening to Kenny Rogers and Charlie Pride albums all night. Somehow made it feel cooler! Those were some of the best memories as a kid, really! The summer w/ no AC and another summer w/ no TV. Best memories and here we 'think' we have to have it all. Huh.....

My friend from NH is coming over in 30 min with her 3, then my niece and nephew will be ehre mid morning too for a sleep over. I'm stinky already so am going to jump in the shower. We may hit the pool if it gets too hot aroundhere.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #484
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindam530 View Post
Good Morning Ladies...well, it is still am here in Phx...

Joyce - congratulations on you being chose for a DT...yea!!!

PS - painting again? Well, if your prices are good, I could hire you...LOL

Beth - busy, busy...silly string all over the yard...does it melt...no pool...wish I could jump in sometimes...we do not have one here though...a cool shower works for me

Holly - hope that all goes well for you

Laurie - 91 viruses? Yikes!!! are they fixed now?

Traci - loved your vacation photos...I want to go there next year...the NW, so pretty and GREEN

All of my dear dork sis's...hope that your Wednesday goes well for you...

I have some errands to run today...my little house is vacant now...have to go and see what condition it is in and get it ready for a new tenant..please pray for one soon...I need the income from it...

Have to go and get some new bras at Kohl's too...looked at some online and have an idea on which ones to try on...that is one thing that I do not enjoy shopping for though.

And to Sprouts for some veggies...Wednesday's they overlap each week's ads and everyone shops there on Wed...more fruit and veggies!!!

Going to make some squid in tomatoe sauce tonight and I will have 1/2 spaghetti squash instead of pasta...

OH well...got to go...

Love and Hugs to you all...Linda R
Saying prayers and crossing fingers that you get a new wonderful tenant!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #485
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Leona, we just painted dd's bathroom and the color is shimmering lime. It's a bright green, but I think it's really pretty. She is accenting in black, but I think for a little girl pink accents would be cute.

Laurie, yikes on all those viruses. I thought AVG was supposed to be good.

I survived the MRI and that is all I'm going to say about that.
Well good they can be scary if you don't like confined spaces. ((hugs)) hope you have good results! Thinking of you.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #486
Gabfest Goddess

Beth ughh hope you get the AC fixed ASAP Bleh. Lol at the comment from the honey honeymooners men sometimes huh. lol

Traci have fun at Steamboat!

Leona ((hugs))

Tomorrow is the big surgery day. Found out the surgery is gonna cost $1500 that is just for the surgery after insurance. Bleh Busy today washing bedding, getting the house cleaned, taking care of bills just basically getting all that last min stuff done. I know I won't be on tomorrow I'll try to check in Sat. Hope you all have a great day and tomorrow too!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #487
Gabfest Goddess

Oh and I won't know what time the surgery is until later today I'll try to pop back on to let you all know. Mom and dad of course know now.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #488
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Holly, I hope all goes well tomorrow. I remember doing the exact stuff you are today before my eye surgery. Hang in there sweetie! We are praying for you and thinking of you. BEST THOUGHTS!!! HUGS & LOVE!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #489
Stazon Splitcoast

Your Mom and Dad doing okay Holly?!?! How is DH?
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #490
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is enjoying Summer! It's been non-stop here - but I just happened to be thinking of you gals, and thought I'd say hi!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #491
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tracey!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #492
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi Tracey!!

Good morning girls!
Just trying to get a few things done here before heading out...so won't be in today.
Holly, thanks for letting us know about your surgery...will be praying for it today and tomorrow.
Beth, sure hope the AC gets fixed today. Ours was replaced awhile back, no fun to be without it in the summer.
Leona, sorry about your woes...sometimes those things just have to wait...or maybe you can arrange a stamping/scrapping retreat somewhere alone so you don't have the interruptions. A friend of mine does that, she has 3 kids, and she just goes away for 2 days. I think you could use that break.
later gators!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #493
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon!

Will be praying about things tomorrow, Holly! I got the blog hop prize today..that came fast. THANKS! It's so adorable!

AC guy should be here soon. We just got back from 1 1/2 hours at the pool with BIL and his 3 kids, my friend-Judy, and her kids...there were 8 kids and 3 adults. Sort of fun. Now 4 are here. Bil left with my younger nephew..he's 3 and not staying overnight. They are playing quiet for a bit. Hope that AC guy comes QUICKLY! It's 83 in here. Ugh.

I need a nap!!! LOL!

Oh, we have 3 trees in our yard that are dying. So, this arborist came out today to give an estimate. The 3 trees are basically dead. 7 years old and have done fine, now dead. 2 had bores in them and one she said looked like frost/thaw damage?? I have no idea about anything but there goes $1200 probably down the drain. Trees are not cheap and we got larger ones so they would grow better and now 3 are dead. Basically the 3 on one side of our yard. Grrrrrrrr....dh is NOT happy!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #494
Hardware Hotshot

Did ya miss me???

Have been a bit busy the past few days.

Grace- I'm glad you like your new house.

Joyce- How is your dad's back? And CONGRATS on the DT!! You'll be fabulous!

Beth- Those pencil boxes are super cute. Congrats on winning Holly's blog candy. Hope the AC gets fixed soon. It's super humid/muggy/oppresive here today too!

PS- How's the painting? Any news with your showing or your mom's showing? And glad to hear DD found a lovely fairy tale dress!

Traci- That was a great idea on sharing books with your DD. ANd sounds like your cabin will be even more relaxing with your new finds for decorating and stuff.

Karen- How's Pokeman today?

LindaB- Glad you had a great weekend. Isn't local produce the best?

Leona- sorry about the work junk and family junk too! But glad your art room is coming along.

Laurie- glad you had a fab weekend, but girl, 91 viruses!!! Ouchy!!

LindaR- that would be really cool if you could meet up with Traci.

Lori- Hi! Funny about your nephew's webinar faux paus.

Holly- You are one busy girl. That's great your friend could help with the wood. Is the surgery for DH's knee??

We have green kitchen cabinets- kinda mossy green.

We went to the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common yesterday. We rode on the swan boats, the carosel, played in the play ground, walked, ran, and had a super fun day. And we even got on street parking for only $2!!!!!

DH & DS left today to go camping with my SIL and her family. They are only about 1.5 hrs away, so we might go visit them tomorrow.

Made $19 on the consignment shop today which paid for some art/school supplies I bought today.

Gonna work in my craft room tonight and hopefully get some scrapping done. PM me if anyone wants to Skype.

First nap for DD with a bottle or any sort of liquied today. Gonna go cold turkey with her.

Switched dentists for DS today since I was not happy with the previous' dentist handling of DS' cavity earlier in the year.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #495
Gabfest Goddess

8 am I will be at the hospital. Not to bad of a time I get to sleep in a little
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #496
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Your Mom and Dad doing okay Holly?!?! How is DH?
They are doing worried and concerned. I told them both to go to work tomorrow no point having them there since it's not supposed to take long. Dh is really worried.

MIL sent us an email this morning. "It was about a guy wanting a divorce from his wife she said wait 30 days because there kid was doing finals told him that he had to carry her in and out of the house at the end of 30 days the guy decided he loved his wife and wanted to stay together. So he brought home flowers and wine and found her dead. He was to wrapped up in himself to notice that she was sick and died from cancer." Yep that is the email we get the day before my surgery to remove a lump that has the chance of being cancer. That is how wrapped up in herself she is. I was pretty upset and dh is now really worried about me. I blew a gasket and sent an email back at her that wasn't too nice.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #497
Gabfest Goddess

Wendy I found a lump on my arm and have to have it removed tomorrow. I sent several emails did you change your email? If you did this dork must have missed that. lol
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #498
Gabfest Goddess

Beth that bites on the trees wish I was closer we'd come take care of them for you for free! Crazy they want that much.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #499
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the prayers and cards your all the best!! Hope you all have a good night and good day tomorrow too!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, I don't even get that email...what point, if any, is she trying to make? I know I can be slow, but it makes no sense. Well, try not to let family get to you right before you go in. And you know moms and dads have to worry, that is our job. I was really nervous with DD's surgery, but mostly just wanted to be there in case the dr. needed information and of course, had to drive her afterwards. I have a good feeling that you will be fine and the outcome will be good...but still who wants to ever have surgery??

Wendy, why yes, I have been missing you. Figured you went away on one of your little trips and I somehow missed it!!

Taking a little break, went to gym and walked 2 miles, yesterday it was longer. Feeling like I have to because of the outdoor heat. But thank goodness we do have air right now.

Beth, go take a nap. Put the oldest in charge!! Oh, it is so sad about the trees, I know in our first house here they all kept dying...especially if the winter was hard. Tree removal is expensive...so sorry about that!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #501
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen in Waukesha, hope you're having a good conference!!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #502
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Thanks ladies - I am not really mad; moreso frustrated. DH gets it some days - and others he is like 'what'? what you are doing is not important, but him sitting on his duff is?? UGGG

We have our friends annual pig roast on Sat so that will be fun. The girls want to go to the local outlet mall for school shopping...I am trying to figure out when we can get there. School starts for them on the 25th.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #503
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Holly, I don't even get that email...what point, if any, is she trying to make? I know I can be slow, but it makes no sense. Well, try not to let family get to you right before you go in. And you know moms and dads have to worry, that is our job. I was really nervous with DD's surgery, but mostly just wanted to be there in case the dr. needed information and of course, had to drive her afterwards. I have a good feeling that you will be fine and the outcome will be good...but still who wants to ever have surgery??
I dont think she want making a point - probably in her own little way she was trying to show what she thinks should be done for her son - not that Holly's husband is leaving her (or vica vesa). To be honest she probably thought it would be appropriate to send even though we don't see it. I think it was sent in poor taste and if her MIL is anything like I have experienced at times...its just a way to make her feel bad if she could get sick...its very WRONG!!! I am glad MIL is not like that with me. I think we have hashed out our differences.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

AC guy is here..thinks the capacitor was blown....maybe due to lightening. Our neighbors had to have the same part fixed this week too....interesting.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth...sounds like something from the movie Back to the Future. CUTE new avatar!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #506
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, if that was the point, trying to undermine Holly's security or cast doubt in her direction that is very wrong!!
Leona, you and your MIL have come a long way, I am so glad to hear that!!
Pig roast sounds fun, back to school shopping was always fun for me, too!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #507
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great movie, DH's favorite.
Yes, you are cute, Beth!!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #508
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tracy!

I think Holly's MIL needs a time out to refocus her life. Sorry.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #509
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! So much happening today!

Holly, I am praying for your surgery tomorrow. Try to watch a funny movie tonight maybe? Take your mind off of things? I know that laughing is usually good medicine.

And the expense, yowch, wish I could say I'm not familiar with that, but the two 'female' procedures i've had to have the past few years came with expenses not covered by insurance, as did DHs knee operation. All you can do it knock it off a little at a time.

Wendy, street parking for $2? You made out! And sounds like you had a fun day too.

I was painting today . . . finishing the trim in DSs room. I am all done painting. I don't care if a wall falls down in my house, I am DONE painting! I want to take littlest DD out to do something fun this summer too instead of constantly working on the house.

Beth, whew! Not fun weather to be without AC!!! Hope it gets fixed soon! And bummer about the trees, I'd be disappointed too trees are expensive.

Traci, good for you for getting in a walk at the gym!

Ahhhh, what else was there . . . Laurie is free from viruses now?

Karen is enjoying waukesha.

Now that I'm done painting need to clear off the brushes and figure out dinner. Think I might take littlest to the library too.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #510
Stazon Splitcoast

Forgot to say Holly that I believe your MIL needs a course in sensitivity training!!!!!

I don't know where the dork cast iron fry pan is, but I've got two nice heavy ones in my cupboard downstairs in the kitchen and I'd be happy to push one through the computer screen for your use!!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #511
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I think I missed the MIL coversation, but hope it works out for all of you. You shouldn't have to worry about family stuff before surgery.

PS, you are a painting maniac! Your arms must be sore, or very much in shape

We had the baby again today and went back to school shopping at Target. We got a flat tire. Good thing we were at Target. Picked up a can of fix a flat then the guys at Sam's pur air in it for us. We made it home, but I was worried. An hour drive on a leaky tire was not fun. It seems to be holding but will take it to get it fixed tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

Beth, yeah for fixed AC. It is so humid today I couldn't stand it outside.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #512
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, yes, put down that paint brush and slowly walk away...well after you clean all the gunk off first.

OK need to pack and go...DH may be renting a trailer for the dining room tables and chairs, which would be good because then I wouldn't have to drive. I am so sleepy this afternoon!!

Wendy, I missed your post, the rest of it, that sounds like so much fun with the kiddos and good for you for the consignment shop. We are taking the old table to one in Steamboat, so hoping they take it just so we don't have to haul it home. Oh, and finding a new dentist is a good idea too...so glad you're able to scrap tonight!!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #513
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, you are so with it, never even heard of that. That is a long way on a low tire...well, rest up in the cool AC. And why are you still having babies...aren't you done with that yet?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #514
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Holly, that is insane about your MIL's e-mail. Where is cousin Vinnie when you need him...he needs to go bop her one...or two!!! Not nice!

You girls are too sweet about the new pic. It's just silly old dorky me again! LOL!

Painting, PS...I bet you are DONE w/ it...such a lot of work.

Wendy, yes we did miss you!!! How fun about dh and ds camping. That's fun but hope it's not as hot where you are...it's hot here....ugh...heat index yesterday was 103. Now, out west...that's hot, but in the midwest...it's gross, muggy, sticky, thick and nasty outside.

I think our boys are at an age where they might enjoy Back to The Future too. We might have to try it. I think dh has them saved on the computer or something.

BIL and I got the fooseball table down from the loft so I have a little more room. HIs parents bought them that and us an air hockey table a long time back and BIL never had room for it for their fooseball table. So, now he took it and is going to try to sell it. But, I'm glad it's out of the loft...gives me a little more space for my tables and club meeting. I need to move some things around and maximize the space..but we'll see....

Pig roast sounds yummers...I'm starting to get hungry!

Old 08-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #515
Stazon Splitcoast

Wendy, of course we missed you! Glad to see you!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #516
Stazon Splitcoast

That's funny, I just told DH the other night I'd like to see Back to the Future again, its been a while.

Foosball is fun too, I haven't played that in years! And air hockey, I loved air hockey.

Yeppers, forgot to say, cute pic Beth!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #517
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

I am home and I am tired.

The kids and I went to my parents' house yesterday and slept over. I left at 6:15 this AM and drove to Waukesha. The conference was long, the room was cold and the chairs very uncomfortable. The conference ran until 4:30 PM. That's late. I waved to Laurie on my way home (I really did wave) and arrived back to my parent's house at 5:30. Rounded up the kids and got home about 6:45. I wanted to go for a walk but DH isn't home so I can't leave. I have done nothing but sit and eat today. Guess I will be working my butt off (literally) tomorrow.
Sorry that I am not up with all that is going on right now. I need to get up and unpack and get morelaundry going.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #518
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Beth...sounds like something from the movie Back to the Future. CUTE new avatar!

I was just going to say that! LOL!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #519
Hardware Hotshot

Foosball!! That is so much fun. I stink at it, but have fun playing it anyway.

Listening to DD cry it on her first night with her "baba" which is code word for bottle/milk.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #520
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls,

Holly, missed the e-mail about the surgery but will be praying for you tomorrow. Sorry your mil was so insensitive with her e-mail. Certainly not what you needed to see.

TTYL!