Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, Joyce! That's awesome news!!! Good for you and cha-ching on it all! I'm so excited for you and know you are going to do wonderful things for Scrapgal! What a cool store, too!!!

Made a few more pencil boxes.....the boys are outsid eplaying water guns with a few other kids....dog is asleep under the patio table and I need to get some school stuff done for my clas. Got a call from one of the other teachers at my school today and there is a mildew problem in one of the halls and we can not get into our rooms this week....POOPERS! I was gonna go in and get a few things done but will just work on my class this next week.....gotta get it DONE!!!

Traci, glad you had such a good time but wow on hubby. He's gonna be frazzled.

We went to our fav chinese place to eat today. Was yummer and I'm still full!

Okay, gotta scoot. Hope everyone is having a good day...today is my dad and my niece's birthdays! Let's see.....15 or 16 years ago today I was in AFrica waiting to hear if my niece was gonna be born on dad's b-day or not. Gee, time flies...I can't remember if she is 15 or 16.....surely 15.....can't be Sweet 16 yet....but, darn, I don't know.

Okay, tata!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #402
Stazon Splitcoast

Church and painting, painting, painting. And did I mention painting?

My mom had a showing today and she said the people seem really interested. It would be good if she could sell her house because I wouldn't like to see her spend another winter there, its too remote, considering the fact she doesn't drive.

Will read up later, really rather pooped at the moment!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #403
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I am babysitting one of dd's friends babies tonight for a little while. Yeah! I <3 babies.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #404
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Oh, it's lonely going from a vacation to an empty house. At least my dog is keeping me company. Reading an interesting book, Erin and I both bought separate books and tried to get one that the other also liked so we could switch off and read the second one on the plane trip home. It worked out well!!

Joyce, congratulations on your design team!! I imagine you are thrilled, and it's time someone recognized all that talent in you! A great looking company too!!

Everyone must be busy, or yikes, sleeping!! I just looked at the time, didn't realize it was so late. Night gals!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #405
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

I am hoping for a Monday today and not a Tuesday. It has started out good! I went through the one town I need to with all green lights!! That rarely happens! Woo Hoo! Green lights! Green Lights!! (Karen is doing the happy dance!)

I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

Beth, I have yet to check out your blog and see your pencil boxes.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #406
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks

I am cuddling the baby this morning while Ash is in the shower. The we are going to take him on a few errands with us so Mom can go to an appointment.

Then it's off the college to pay tution, after we stop by the garage to see why the Service Engine Soon light is on in dd's car. Let's hope it's something simple, and cheap.

Yeah for the green lights Karen!

PS, How many room do you have to paint yet? Hope they go quickly. Yeah, for your Mom's showing, hope they buy it so she can move where you will all will feel more secure.

My Dad hurt his back yesterday. Not sure how, but Ash said he can hardly walk today. Gotta go and see what is up there. Last time he hurt his back I had to drag him to the ER and it was broke. Men!

Morning everyone.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 AM   #407
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Joyce, I hope it isn't a broken back again! Yikes!

Yay for cuddling little babies, what fun!

Karen, I hope the green lights are a sign of a great Monday!

Traci, what is the book you liked? I like a good title too.

Off to start the day. I still do have more painting to do, but today I am taking the day off in terms of painting. At noon we're taking my other daughter, who was out of town, to see oldest DD try on her favorites from the wedding dress shopping on Saturday, to get her opinion. she's going to be maid of honor in the wedding.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 AM   #408
Watercolor Wizard

PS, what fun!

Joyce, I ditto what PS said.

I forgot to tell you that I earned major Mama points yesterday. I took the older two boys to the Pokemon club which runs every Sunday from 1-4 and is free. I bought a pack of cards for myself and learned how to play the game.
Isaac already asked to battle me tonight. I said no because I gave up yesterday to be with them and didn't get my stuff done. I am sure I will cave and play a game each with them anyway today.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Good morning...super busy fun weekend, super busy day today...also hoping for a Monday not a Tuesday!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #410
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking AUGUST BIRTHDAY

Lois' birthday is August 29th.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #411
Glitter Guru

Good Morning! Had a very relaxing weekend...did nothing but read, watch an Alfred Hitchcock movie, went to church, bought some more fresh peaches, tomatoes, corn and green beans and just chilled with my guys. It was nice to not have to "do" anything.

Welcome back, Traci! Glad that your trip was very enjoyable.

Karen, hooray for green lights and being a super mom!

Joyce, congrats on your DT! How exciting! I hope your DD's car doesn't have anything major wrong with it...I hate car problems. Hope, too, that your Dad is gonna be alright.

PS...so glad to hear that you're taking a break from painting! Good night, girl! That house oughta be looking sharp by now! Time to enjoy planning your daughter's wedding and enjoying something fun instead of that house, me thinks.

Beffers...I really enjoyed your photos on vacation. You've got a lovely family and you look soooo thin!

Laurie, glad that you had a great weekend, too! Hope you have a great week!

Hollydoodles...praying continually, girlfriend. Hugs!

Wendy, how do ya like all that free time now? Sounds like you're easing into this stay-at-home life with no problem whatsoever. I'm glad for you!

Hi to Leona, Lori, Linda and all the other dorks I've not chatted with in a while.

Got to run the vacuum around the house this a.m....hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 AM   #412
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies.....

Love cuddling babies too, Joyce. Our friends were over friday with their new baby and I got to cuddle and rock her...then in church they were sitting in front of us yesterday. makes me miss my daycare a smidgin...miss those babies.

Ps, paint, paint......and I hope your mom sells her house too! I hope you BOTH sell your houses.

Laurie, glad you had a fun weekend w/ your aunt and all.

Hi everyone else....

I got up at 8 and now it's almost 11 and I feel like I didn't get much done yet. So, need to get off here. I did make a few SU phone calls and got the kitchen cleaned but need to do more.....

Talk to you all later.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #413
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!!

I slept in and that felt good!
Our hotel had the nicest pillows, and the first night home I couldn't sleep very well because mine are so much harder, and my FAVORITE was left at Steamboat and I am a particular kind of gal when it comes to pillows. So today I may go pillow shopping!!

PS, so happy you get to be involved in your daughter's wedding gown shopping, that is pretty special, and that DD is coming home today to give her support.
Are you painting oak trim, or are you painting over painted trim? Just curious, all of ours is oak.

Linda, so good to see you!! How is your finger this week? When does Christopher go back to school? I am sure you love having him home, and those fresh veggies sound so good.

This year our "garden" has been a real let-down. The herbs keep getting bugs on them, and I don't know what to do to keep them away and still be able to eat them. Then we planted a little patch of daisies, and some other cut flowers, and they aren't growing well at all, and the deer keep eating the tops off, so I am yanking those out I think.

Linda R...if you come to Colorado and see your friend in Longmont, I hope you will see me too!! You could even stay here!!

Joyce, our light on the car comes on when it needs service, it is an indicator. So hope that is it, and that your Dad's back is okay!!

No babies here to cuddle. I did pick up my 18 month old great-nephew, Kaiden, on our trip for about 5 seconds. They do grow up fast!! He is such a sweet little guy!!

Beth, your vacation photos are great, I really liked the last one of the creek, that looks like so much fun for the boys!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #414
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

afternoon ladies.
its been a long weekend.
I shredded enough zuchinni to make nearly 100 loaves of bread. Its all frozen and ready for me. I made some Chocolate Chocolate chip Zuchinni muffins - Huge hit!! I ended up using peanutbutter chips and the kids think they are great.
I canned pickles and the twins are finally are in their own room!! They love to play in there but sleeptime is an adjustment.
I now have my work area set up in our sitting room off of our Master BR so I have a quieter place to work with more desk room. Our family room has my old desk along with a laptop for my quick pop on the internet moments....or for everyone else to use.
I was just told that they are considering someone else to do the position that they were going to let me do from home. I am bummed but Matt was more understanding and said that hopefully I can go back within a year or so.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #415
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Good Morning Dorkes (I like that

I slept almost 12 hours...yikes! Have not done that in a very longggg time...it was only 80 degrees yesterday, very nice, especially for AZ...

PS - you could come here and paint...LOL...hope that your mom decides to move...that would be good for both of you

Leona - hope that things work out for you workwise...will be thinking of you

Traci - thanks for the blog love...and, yes, of course, I would love to meet and visit with you My herb garden this is is terrible...most of it needs to be pulled out and started over next year...oh well, the buggies have taken over mine too...I might try ladybugs for organic pest control

Karen - hope that you are having a Monday and not a Tuesday

Need to post some more projects on my blog...take some pics and get to it!

TTYL...Hugs...
Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #416
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, oh good!! I really want to meet you, so plan to stay a little while. I can show you around a couple of scrapbook stores, too!! And go out for tea, lunch, etc...the only thing I can't do is make you fancy tarts like your husband does!!

PS, forgot to say, the books were not my normal reading, but I am enjoying them. The one Erin picked out is :The Art of Racing in the Rain...with a Golden Retriever on the front...written from a dog's angle on life...and I like it, though it has some spirituality I am not in agreement with.
The other is: Whistling in the Dark, a story of two sisters left to fend for themselves...and about a girl missing her Dad that passed away early in life...I liked it a lot too! Easy reads for you I am sure. I am a slow reader.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #417

Traci - I just checked the airfares from Phx and they are not too bad...flying Southwest...and...you asked about the DRESS...it used the large circle scallop die from SU and you just trim the sides...with a few scallops on top and I think 10 on the bottom...or you can use a Nestabilities die too...they are FUN to make...

I would LOVE to go to lunch at a local Tea place Maybe in late April after Easter, how is the weather there then?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #418
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, thanks for the information on the dress, I will have to try that with my circles nestabilities!!
The weather in late April is usually good, but kind of iffy...we have a late spring, so most likely cooler temps and not much green yet. Peggysue and Lois came in late March I believe, and the weather was pretty nice.
How is your friend liking Longmont?

...still reading my book here, almost done. Showers and overcast, perfect day to read!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #419
Stazon Splitcoast

We picked out a dress! It is safely at home in our closet, next step is to find a seamstress for alterations.

It is fairy tale lovely.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #420
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeah for the dress PS!

Babysat until about 2 today so didn't get a thing done today. DD really was babysitting I just have to steal him when I can....and of course she has no problem handing him off when his diaper needs changed...ewww!

I am making a bird and can't quite figure out the tail and wing seams. And I know there is a way to close the stuffing in and not see the sewing I just can't remember how to do it. Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #421
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry to keep popping in here with such short messages!
While I was typing we got a phone call, dinner was almost ready but someone wanted to come see the house. I tried a new Paula Deen recipe for pork tenderloin, had sweet potato, rice pilaf, broccoli, all had to be stuffed in the refrigerator and dashed around house cleaning!

Its sort of like Pavlov's dog . . . the bell rings and we salivate for the dinner we didn't get to eat PLUS we clean the house!!!!

Okay, off to say good nite to little one.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:54 AM   #422
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

PS, Yay! on the dress! I bet she'll be on a dress-high for a week now. Bummer about almost getting to eat and then having to leave.

Joyce, Yay on the baby holding! That's always so nice.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #423
Stazon Splitcoast

Computer is going to our IT guy at work for some TLC.

Not much is new.

Fabulous weekend with my Aunt and the boys.

Monday was Monday...hope Tuesday is a good one for all of us.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #424
Gabfest Goddess

hey gals just wanted to say a quick hi got another busy day here. I'll update everything tomorrow.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #425
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in to see what you girls are up to, it's been quiet around here lately!!

Laurie, hope the IT guy can fix your computer...and glad you had a great weekend!!

I am still recovering from my trip...don't know why it takes me so long, but just plain ol wiped out!! I went grocery shopping at about 10 pm last night...and still had to wait in line which was kind of funny!!

PS, that is such a pain about dinner, I sure hope that doesn't happen very often for all of you!! And I am sure the dress is lovely...your daughter is lovely!!

Karen, did you play pokemon last night or something else?

Beth, when does school start for you? How are your classes going?

Lori, where are you? Are you still traveling to and fro or chemo treatments for friends? You've been mia awhile now!!

Will check in later on...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #426

Happy Tuesday Ladies...

PS - your daughter's dress sounds lovely...cannot wait to see it
How was dinner...did you like the recipe?

Laurie - hope that your IT guy fixes your puter

Holly - busy, busy...Love your blog!

Traci - my friend in Longmont loves it there...I am very happy for her...she said that she has not had time to stamp...getting the house organized, I suppose
I know what you mean about recuperating from being away from home...it takes me at least a week to recover...oh well...I am happy

Lori - are you traveling?

Linda B - is Christopher getting ready to go back to college? Hope that you are doing well.

VJ - how are the wedding plans going? I missed the deets...where is it being held? At home? Cake? Mmmm...please tell...

And to all my dear Dork sis's hope that your day goes well for each and every one of you.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #427
Watercolor Wizard

Traci, I did play pokemon. Neither game was finished. That game can d--r--a--g on and on!

Linda AM, good to see you!

Laurie, glad you had a great visit! I will be out your way thursday at a conference.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #428
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen...thanks for the breadstick the other night. On August 15th my stamp club girls and I are going so I will have one for you! Wave as you come past Waukesha!

Well, the IT guy thinks I have at least one virus...maybe up to three. So, I will be without my home computer for a few days. Oh well. I hope to get some stamping done in the meantime!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #429
Stazon Splitcoast

I just uploaded our trip to FB...sorry for those not on FB...but DH is not here to show me how to do a thumbnail for our thread. Anyway, if anyone is interested that's where you can see it.

I love the ease of FB for pictures, and have it set so only "friends" can view, so the privacy is still there.

Laurie, I don't think I could survive without my laptop...I jokingly tell everyone all my friends are in there, so I carry it with me wherever I go!!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #430
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda R...I have a stamp club here that your friend could go to, it is a pretty fun group!! It's only about 1/2 hour from here to Longmont, depending which side of town she is in.
I'm glad she likes it, we have had a beautiful summer so far...and it is greener than usual with all the spring rain we got!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #431
Stazon Splitcoast

AFternoon!!

Traci, boys start on the 11th and I start on the 23rd. Our building has a mold/mildew issue in one of the hallways and the have the building closed down al lthis week. I talked tomy BIL and he said he went in the other day and there were 'stay out' signs up all over the place. He needed his checkbook so went in anyway really quick. I hope they get it taken care of so we can get in there. I need to get in there some next week then probably every day the following. I will get the boys on the bus, head to my school till lunch or after, then home to work on this class for a week or so. I'm on Lesson 6 which is almost 1/2 way. Sept. 30 is the due date so I think I'm okay.

Sam woke up at 4 something wht a bad dream about dinosaurs! Hehe! So cute! But, he was awake for 2 hours....and so was I....then I started thinking about my room and all that I wanted to change, or buy for this school year. So, we ran a few errands this afternoon and I picked up a few things that I needed. Buzzed through McD's and you know your kids are half grown when they want adult meals and not happy meals...boohoohoo!!! And, it stinks on the pocketbook too! Ouch!!

PS, can't wait to see a pic of the dress...say YES to the dress....that's a fun show on TLC. And poopers about dinner...but it will be worth if it this is the family!!! Hope so!!
At least you are still getting showings which is awesome!

Hey....hiphip news for me....I won Hollydoodle's blog hop prize! THANKS HOLLY! It's totally adorable and can't wait to see it IRL. If you girls havent seen it yet...go visit her blog. I watched the tutorial today, Holly, and it seems fairly easy...cept those tabs that hold it together. Ha...you were so cute on the video...durn tabs! It's totally cute though!!!

Well, gotta go read Chapter 9....Differentiated Instruction. Blahblah...I'll probably fall asleep! Ha!

oh, Traci...will check out your fb pics soon.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #432
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly's videos are great, I am so impressed with her organization on those and the quality!!
Way to go on the blog hop prize too, Miss Beth!!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #433
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls! Just a quick boof. Had to get my hop post scheduled. Got internet back today, but messed up the laptop on the wireless stuff so am having ds look at it tomorrow. ARGH. A lot unpacked, a lot more left, even more to get from the other place. Loving the new house and so are all the pets.
TTYL! Will try to catch up soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #434
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace glad tha tyou checked in. Yeah, moving is a huge ordeal, isn't it? But, I'm so glad you are outta there and into your new place! YIPPY!!!!!

Traci, I know....you girls who do tutorials via video....I just don't have the nerve but Holly it's just awesome!!!!

We are watching America's Got Talent. Dh got home early about 6 which hasn't happened for ages. So, we had breakfast for dinner and the boys played a little of Monopoly while I tried to get some more work done. I trimmed Tessa's toenails and dog-gone-it if I didn't hit another blood vein. Ughhh.....so let her run around outside and she crashed in her crate. Then dh gets home and lets her out and stirs her up running up and down the stairs and it started bleeding again...all over the carpet. kitchen, she was running over like mad! Little dork and bigger dork hubby! LOL! but, she seems to be okay now. She HATE having her nails trimmed and I hate doing it. I'm about to just go pay to have it done. She's getting so big anyway I can barely hold her down to do it.

I've got a little bit more of Lesson 6 to type up.....then on to 7 which will be my 1/2 way point! I'm thrilled!

My friend from New Hampshire is in town visiting her parents. They were going to come visit tomorrow but their dd got sick so they moved it to Th. They are moving to ohio which is closer for us to see them more! yeah!! She was in my wedding so I'm thrilled to have her a little closer.

Toni, how are you sweet girl?

Lori, are you alive?? LOL!

Hope everyone else is okay! Have a good night!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #435
Duchess of Dork

Alive. Can't type much. It woke Phil up last night at some point. Dorky nephew posted this on fb:
I just founded out that I wasn't muted on a webinar while singing to Emery #embarassed

I asked how he knew & he said:
First they said, "It sounds like we have some children on with is today". I didn't catch on right away, but then when we got really loud they apologized for everyone and said they would try and figure out who it was and mute them. At that point I figured out who they were talking about and quickly muted myself.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #436
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, love the story!
Beth, I won't clip any of the pet's nails. For Sophie, I just make sure she walks a lot and the birds I let Joel do theirs.

FYI: I will be at a conference in Waukesha all day tomorrow so I won't be around to read all about your dork stories.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #437
Proud Fan Club Member

Lori, that is so funny. How embarassing in deed! LOL

Grace, yeah on the move. Glad you are all getting comfy in your new home.

MRI today, hate those but I guess it's needed. I just don't get it when they don't change anything. I think no matter what I'll be doing some speach therapy. I think I only had speach therapy a few times just after the stroke. I remember talking with the girl more than anything so not sure how much it will help anyway.

Grace and Heath invited me to the blog hop. Of course I messed up and did a Birthday card and not a Thank You so will update that as soon as I can get it done.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #438
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Lori, that is so funny. How embarassing in deed! LOL

Grace, yeah on the move. Glad you are all getting comfy in your new home.

MRI today, hate those but I guess it's needed. I just don't get it when they don't change anything. I think no matter what I'll be doing some speach therapy. I think I only had speach therapy a few times just after the stroke. I remember talking with the girl more than anything so not sure how much it will help anyway.

Grace and Heath invited me to the blog hop. Of course I messed up and did a Birthday card and not a Thank You so will update that as soon as I can get it done.
Joyce, the thank you is for the challenge blog, not the hop so you have a chance to create another card and win some prizes too. Hope to have my craft room/office set up soon. DH suggested using the center bedroom with the nice long walk in closet for this and the small bedroom for guests. I'm all for it so will be looking for a craft table for me and desk for him today, also planning on putting wire shelving in the closet for all my supplies so it will make it easier to find and store stuff, less mess in the office too if the doors are open. I will be to trying to find a twin bed frame and the mattress/box springs in my foray today as well Need to get new sheets too. Darn, gotta go shopping! It's a huge challenge, but I think I'm up to it. LOL!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and will send pics as soon as I have everything set up.

Last edited by katlady2; 08-04-2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #439
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a safe trip Karen!

Sneaking on at work since I do not have a home computer right now.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #440
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Hi ladies- I am in a phone conference training all day - Ugg. I hope all is well with everyone.