Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #4321
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, geee...I always love our Dork Dandy Patch stories. Always cracks me up. So, Laurie, there is this new game...well, new to us...called Farkle. Some dice game and it's pretty fun but I forget how to play. LOL! The sprints were called Fartleks or something like that. It all cracks me u0p.

We took the boys to church today then out to eat at our favorite Chinese place,King Chef. Now we are all back home in sweat pants or jammies! WAtching Football. Simon is taking a nap, Doug is on the couch with the dog, Dennis is checking on their flights for tomorrow, Ben is on the computer, Sam is with a friend on the Wii and I just got finished putting initials on 2 stationary folders for the guys to take back to their girlfriends. I'm ready for a nap. The Colts play at 4.

We found a cute Santa glass ornament at Conner Prairie the other day. Santa isholding a USA flag. So, I got that for the boys to take back home to their parents. Their mom is a music teacher and works withkids. She teaches music and rhythm classes and really likes African music. I have several little AFrican drum ornaments...handcarfed made out of wood. So, am sending one of those back with the boys for their mom. I'm also sending her some cards with little or no English words on them. Anyway, I can't believe today is our last day and tomorrow I have school again. STINKS!

Okay, back to the dork story....hugs and loves to you all.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #4322
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth what thoughtful gifts you bought for the boys' mom, and what a great addition to the dandy patch story! I'm sure you're going to miss them when they're gone, what a lovely thing to have your home as their 'second home' over here.

Enjoyed the avatar you shared as well Robyn.

Do you like my hat? No, I do not like your hat. good bye . . .good bye
Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #4323
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Peggysue, Did you get the sample of Cherry Cobbler I sent?
Operation Write Home
Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #4324
Stazon Splitcoast

No, nothing has com eyet Laurie, but now I'll know to watch for it. Thank you! And that reminds me, the sun is out today, I should take a pic of the dining room.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #4325
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent it about a week ago...hmmm...
Operation Write Home
Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #4326
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Rut roh...just remembered I was supposed to send a sample of CC to PS!! I can send one too, that way if Laurie's is lost in the mail you can still have one. Sorry bout that!

Beth, I agree with what PS just said, your thoughts and gifts are lovely...and I enjoy the dork stories too!

I am ready for a nap. Could be the doughnuts I ate. And the pasta, carb overload here. I was really good during Christmas, and now when everyone is starting New Year's resolutions, I am loading carbs. I think I am a bit off.

Looking at challenges, trying to get the mojo to move, or stamp. Went to church and it was so good~Beth, what did your big boys think of it? I can't imagine a life without it. Then wondering if Erin will be able to go in Barcelona, she thinks they will all be hard to understand.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #4327
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Found this while looking for a new avi and felt I had to share.
Love it!!!!!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #4328
Stazon Splitcoast

Ps, if you need samples.... Just holler! I can send them too!!

Traci not sure what the boys thought about church. Its so natural to us. I think hey didn't get the whole communion idea! That's a tough one to understand! Some of the sermon was basic......talked about what is your first love?? T
God, money, job?? They could get that. Our minister uploads his sermons online each week so I told Dennis about that And can email him the link. I pray for them every dayabout this and hope a Christian will find them in Germany. It's been a great experience for us and our family doug was talking to his dad via skype yesterday and his dad said the all wanted to come next time. How great would that be?? We'd love to take the boys over in a few years too!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #4329
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I just saw that SU! has fabric now. I would love to get me some, but darn it's not inexpensive at all.

Beth, how did you first meet the boys? I guess I must have missed that initially.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #4330
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn O View Post
Found this while looking for a new avi and felt I had to share.
Love it!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #4331
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Peggysue, Did you get the sample of Cherry Cobbler I sent?
Was it gluten free?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #4332
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Rut roh...just remembered I was supposed to send a sample of CC to PS!! I can send one too, that way if Laurie's is lost in the mail you can still have one. Sorry bout that!

Beth, I agree with what PS just said, your thoughts and gifts are lovely...and I enjoy the dork stories too!

I am ready for a nap. Could be the doughnuts I ate. And the pasta, carb overload here. I was really good during Christmas, and now when everyone is starting New Year's resolutions, I am loading carbs. I think I am a bit off.

Looking at challenges, trying to get the mojo to move, or stamp. Went to church and it was so good~Beth, what did your big boys think of it? I can't imagine a life without it. Then wondering if Erin will be able to go in Barcelona, she thinks they will all be hard to understand.
YOU were sending cherry cobbler samples, too? My, my, I'll have to find THAT recipe. Oh, I think it's the recipe that you lost not too long ago & had to reorder.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #4333
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Ps, if you need samples.... Just holler! I can send them too!!

Traci not sure what the boys thought about church. Its so natural to us. I think hey didn't get the whole communion idea! That's a tough one to understand! Some of the sermon was basic......talked about what is your first love?? T
God, money, job?? They could get that. Our minister uploads his sermons online each week so I told Dennis about that And can email him the link. I pray for them every dayabout this and hope a Christian will find them in Germany. It's been a great experience for us and our family doug was talking to his dad via skype yesterday and his dad said the all wanted to come next time. How great would that be?? We'd love to take the boys over in a few years too!
I think it's so cool that y'all have built a relationship with these guys & their family. That would be SO cool for the whole family to come & for y'all to go over there!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #4334
Duchess of Dork

Do any of you get "Groupon" where you live? It's this group coupon where places offer ridiculously low group prices. I bought us zoo passes in October (and we have yet to use them) & today I bought a 2 mos. membership to Curves, including registration fee or whatever it's called, for $29. It's worth $208. I've wanted to try out Curves but couldn't afford it. I like that it's all women & also I've heard it's owned by Christians & at least some of the places play Christian music. We'll see how it goes, when I can get there, if the girls can sit somewhere in the place. They are too old for childcare, but I'm not sure about leaving them home alone yet. I know at 12 & 14 I was alone a lot at home but with a special needs kid & different times, I'm just not sure.

I won't get to start right away b/c Natalie is now sicker. She seemed to be getting better til last night & she just did not feel well. We've kept her on ibuprofen every 6 hours or so as her temp goes up to 101 or so. Her norm is lower than 98.6. I felt lousy today, too, so guess I'm not quite up to par. Yet.

Today is day 2 of no "real" coke. I had 2 cans of caffeine free yesterday. Am going to try to not drink it & see how it goes. I did drink a lot of oj today to try to feel better, but want to work on drinking more water.

Hope you are all doing well. TTYL!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #4335
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

We are home and back to the old routine. Yuck!

I hope everyone is doing well! Let's see what I remember....Beth is losing her two oldest German sons today, Lori (et al) are sick, Traci's Dad isn't doing well, PS's family is back under one roof, Wendy is making us all food OH!!! and we had a wild time in the Dandy Patch!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #4336
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #4337
Hardware Hotshot

Hello again. I've missed chatting with you all! We had a good day at church yesterday. The kids and I came home and while DD slept, DS and I (well, mostly me) put together a giant Playmobil castle he got for Christmas.

Supposed to start my new job today, but I haven't heard anything yet about what time and they will probably need to call me in to security so I get thru the front gate. Kinda frustrating, but oh well.

This week is operation clean house! THe Christmas stuff is all done, but there are still bags of presents laying around and clutter.

I did get photoshop elements 9 for Christmas so I also hope to start playing with that this week too!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #4338
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year!

Glad to hear everyone survived the holidays and are getting back to 'normal' routines.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. The position that would have taken me to another state for 8 months did not come through. They want someone who has done this more recently than my experience. Disappointed but the Lord has something else for me and I just have to keep searching for it.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #4339
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Do any of you get "Groupon" where you live?

I won't get to start right away b/c Natalie is now sicker.
I can't help but feel these two might be related . . . fortunately the 'groupon' has passed us by . . .

Seriously, hope Nat feels better today.

Robyn, I am sorry that the job did not work out, but I can understand your initial reluctance considering it would take you out of state.

Paying the beginning-of-the-month bills this morning. I have an assignment. AND I think I might try the DMV again because one of the proofs of residence I have is a check that I really, really would like to put in the bank!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #4340
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning girls!
Robyn, I am sorry that the job did not work out, especially after you'd given it so much thought. That has to be a little disappointing, but you are right to keep looking.

I need to take advantage of our sun today and get a few card photos taken for my blog. I will be updating it while away and finishing up a few cards today and doing a quick organizing of my room. Well, as quick as you can with organizing.

Erin is leaving on her semester abroad study on Wednesday, and I will be leaving on Thursday to my folks'. I don't want to leave while DH is home, as he will be traveling the better part of this month and it means more time away, but this can't be avoided. Pray for me with all the changes, it will be an adjustment. Thank you.

Wendy, I know what you mean about cleaning and organizing. I sure hope your first day on the job goes off without a hitch or glitch and you enjoy it!! Really would like to hear about it when you get home.

For all you ladies back in a routine, Beth at school, Karen and Wendy at work...and not sure who else...have a great day!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #4341
Stazon Splitcoast

Peggysue, maybe they don't want you driving on the streets! I hope it works out this time, and your assignment is interesting. Have all the kiddos gone home now? And how is your adjustment going?

Love to all you lovely ladies...Grace hope things are slower at work with the holidays being over!!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #4342
Proud Fan Club Member

The girls are here scrapping.
I've not got any mojo.

Robyn, sorry about the job.

I'm with you Wendy. I took the ornaments off the tree this moring. DH will have to take it down later.

Beth, hope your back to normal. As it goes I re read your Christmas letter and saw how you met your other son. I hope going back to school with all your little ones makes the transition easier.

Have a fabulous day. I guess I'll try to be creative.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #4343
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies

I just wanted to let you know I am still alive. lol It has been very busy here. We did our Christmas with my family but we also got almost 3' of snow along with an ice storm too. So I spent the entire weekend shoveling, snow blowing and plowing. I am still not done. So it is going to be a very long week. lol

Hope your all doing great!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #4344
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly doodles, nice to see you pop in! I am sure things are busy with the snow, we've had quite a bit here as well, although not recently. My snowblower is my good friend!

Traci I will pray for you.

Gals, if you could pray for good health for all of us, that would be appreciated. Health insurance ended on midnight December 31 and the Cobra plan is over $1100 a month to continue things, which, without a job, we cannot afford. Is that crazy, or what? So we'll continue pursuing other health insurance options. Cheapest I've found so far is $880 a month.

Okay, time to go do a bit of work here. I finally did get my Michigan driver's license, or applied for it at least. This time they took all my mail.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #4345
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Laurie, no mail from your location yet, just got today's mail. Nada. But I will look forward to seeing that cherry cobbler when it comes!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #4346
Stazon Splitcoast

Sheesh...maybe it got lost on it's way around the lake....
Operation Write Home
Old 01-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #4347
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Sheesh...maybe it got lost on it's way around the lake....
I think it might have fallen in . . . now it needs to find a boat and row itself over . . . that's what we can do, start the 'mail boat' for deliveries from MI to WI and vice versa.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #4348
Hardware Hotshot

I finally got ahold of my new boss and it was better if I start tomorrow since the guy who will actually be training me was really busy today. They want me to work on Wed, which is the least day I wanted to work b/c it means a long day for DS with after care and Royal Rangers (christian boy scouts). so, well see, how it goes.

Just got up from a nap. I was tired. I need to reload the laundry and head over to my IL's.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #4349
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't put celery root on your grocery list for freezer meals when you mean the stalks without all the leaves. I did that, and now I have a bowling ball of root in my fridge and no celery. And it costs way too much!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #4350
Stazon Splitcoast

You can use that bowling ball of vegetable chopped up in soup. Makes a great addition to soup, my dad always added it to his.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #4351
Stazon Splitcoast

Since the recipe calls for celery, maybe I'll just use the root. It looks hard to cut though, I will google it. Thanks, PS!! And definitely prayers for you all for health and a job with benefits!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #4352
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Since the recipe calls for celery, maybe I'll just use the root. It looks hard to cut though, I will google it. Thanks, PS!! And definitely prayers for you all for health and a job with benefits!!
It won't work the same as celery in a common recipe, but stewed for hours and hours in a soup, it tastes good. I cannot vouch for it in a standard recipe.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #4353
Duchess of Dork

I just saw that Beth & I posted this in response to the Dork pic that Robyn found:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Love it!!!!!
Quote:
Love it!
It proves we are twins! LOL!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #4354
Duchess of Dork

ACK! Y'all got chatty! Can't catch up now. Off to get juice for Natalie (and us). She's still sick, I'm not totally well. Blech! Back to the pedi. tomorrow which means I'm canceling a dr's appt. tomorrow but they aren't in today. Hope they don't charge me. THey had said the dr. might not be in b/c he had a family emergency anyway, so hoping it works out. It's the rheumatologist.

TTFN!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #4355
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh , wow Traci. I've seen those but never knew what they wee for. Maybe if you just cook it in your soup it will give it the flavor you want.

Holly, that stinks. Be careful plowing.

I had a fun day with the girls. I made us each a little bag and a pin cushion for one of my friends and a set to put in my etsy shop. It was fun.

The tree is down and away. Now I can clean before I go on vacation.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #4356
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Traci, hope you have a safe journey to your parents.

Joyce, hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation.

Traci, I would love to have things slow down at work, but this month is the end of our fiscal year end so inventory in a couple of weeks, then prepping for the audit. At least these deadlines aren't as tight as the sale signs and I've done it for the last few years so makes it a lot easier. Plus don't have to send stuff to the stores. It all stays right in my building. Whooo-hoo.

Wendy, hope things work out for you.

Robyn, sorry the job didn't work out, but i'm sure there is a better plan for you.

I know I have missed some other comments, but I'm wiped and starving so hope you can forgive me if I haven't commented on your post.

TTYL!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #4357
Stazon Splitcoast

Go eat Grace!!! and I really like the quotation in your siggy.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #4358
Minglerville Blabber
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hello Dorks! I haven't been over here in next to forever! I don't even know some of you. Thanks for sharing PS. Everyone in Minglerville loves her!
SU Creative Crew Design Team Member-May-August 2011
Creative Crew Gallery

I may look harmless, but I raised A U.S. MARINE!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #4359
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
I just saw that SU! has fabric now. I would love to get me some, but darn it's not inexpensive at all.

Beth, how did you first meet the boys? I guess I must have missed that initially.
Their dad and Doug work for the same company. They have worked on projects together for years and his dad has been to our house 2x's over the years when he's had to come stateside for work. Almost 3 years ago Dennis, the older son, came over for a month and did an internship w/ Doug at the company here. Dennis stayed with us for 3-4 weeks..I think it was 3. I am really missing them! People just get into my heart and I HATE goodbye's. I bawled when I dropped my brother, sil and baby off at the airport after Christmas. It just gets to me and with a stinkin OCEAN apart from these guys.....just hard. Ben, our 10 yo., has said at least 10 times tonight "Ugh...I really miss Dennis and Simon...I wish they didnt' have to leave." He gets attached at the heart too and it's hard to let go again. I cried all the way home from school today cuz I knew they would be gone when I got home. Earlier, I called Doug at lunch, and then when I could get to the phone and they were at the airport getting their baggage checked in. Doug put Dennis on the phone and he said "Mama, are you okay??" I said, "I think so...are you okay??" He says "Well, I guess so...." Just sweet, sweet! Something about that kid that I will always adore.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #4360
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I just saw that Beth & I posted this in response to the Dork pic that Robyn found:

It proves we are twins! LOL!
Wonder Twins....Activate!!!