Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #4161
Stazon Splitcoast

Default a few pics

Here are a few pics from today at the Speedway Museum
Attached Thumbnails
165505_1721225264510_1054675224_1944732_3755458_n%5B1%5D.jpg   167035_1721226024529_1054675224_1944734_3172624_n%5B1%5D.jpg   167903_1721222864450_1054675224_1944725_6020090_n%5B1%5D.jpg  

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #4162
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Hi ladies thanks for well wishes for my fingers. I sure love my new toy iPhone that dh gave me for Christmas. Got some nice things too. Mostly thoughtful items. And made some memories with my little girls.
Good night. It is going to get quite cold jere tomorrow. Get the big blaming out.
Xoxo o
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #4163
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, how exciting to have someone visiting you for their first time in the U.S! You get to catch all of the excitement! Hope the visit continues to go well, sounds like it is off to a great start already!

Lori, Grace, your wheatgrass comments made me snort my Pepsi. Now I have to clear that off the rug too. Ha. Just kidding!

Playing a game this evening with DD and her fiance, he is here for a day's visit. That's why we're up so late game isn't done yet.

I finally did cave in to one of the Christmas special deals and bought some Clear Dollar Stamps sentiments. They have a nice font. Okey dokey, wishing you all good sleeps!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #4164
Pearl-ExPert

***Boof***

Hi/Bye

***Boof***
Old 12-29-2010, 04:36 AM   #4165
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

We are heading to my Mom and Dad's today. They will watch the kids so we can go have a date (shopping and having lunch). I hope you all have a good day!

PS, so, are you going to paint all of the rugs now??
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #4166
Splitcoast Gallery moderator
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Traci, how are things going there?

Beth, great photos. Looks like a great first trip to the states for the boys.

PS, I just saw the email this morning from CDS. Although I'm not even looking as I'm on a spending freeze until after we get back from vacation.

Lori, I am taking on a sewing project this week. I am making a pieced scarf. I have the front done and ironed and added the think lining that you iron on ( I can't remember what it's called) But now I'm thinking the stuff I used may be to think for a scarf. I have to pick up a piece of material for the back of it. I only have fat quarters on hand. Any suggestions of what type of material to use?

I have my yearly MRI today, although I think it hasn't been a year. It seems like just yesterday I had the last one. But the dr emailed me and said she wants one so we are going this afternoon. I hope I can not cough long enough for them to do it.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #4167
Proud Fan Club Member

I forgot to say..

Karen, safe travels and have fun on your date. My dh said we are going out for dinner tonight as well just because we have been in almost all of his vacation.

Linda, I missed the burn. Ouch. Hope its feeling better.

And PS, take it easy on your rug today.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #4168
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Joyce, things are going okay...DD caught a tummy bug on the day we left. Then I got it that night and was up most of the night...and DH's stomache is just upset due to stress.
But I think she and I are better today. Unfortunately we go back tomorrow.
We had considered going on a snowmobile tour, but with the tummies, probably won't.
On the other hand, it is snowing, pretty, and peaceful. A nice respite from the past week.
We will be trying to figure out skype probably so I will be able to communicate with DD once she leaves, well so we all will.
Hope your mri goes well, those are hard not to move!

I am ordering a few stamps here and there, not too many. Nice to take advantage of the sales. My birthday is coming up, so I can always just say don't get me anything if I order too much.
Beth, enjoy your boys!
And Karen, your folks!

Have a good day.

PS, I know you're enjoying your DD's visit...nice. And the rug will survive. I thought it was wall to wall carpet, and that would be tough for sure. Usually you can use carpet cleaners on them to clean.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #4169
Stazon Splitcoast

A pieced scarf sounds really pretty Joyce, hoping to see a picture! And I will take a photo of the room once the walls dry and the tape is cleared away. It looks awfully nice. Today I didn't paint any more rugs, saving that for tomorrow . . . gotta spread out the excitement, you know, but I did start to fall and had to grab onto a nearby cabinet, which tipped over and spilled out the knickknacks. Two of them broke but into large pieces, so I will be supergluing them together. This room has been the most adventuresome of any I have painted and I will be glad to put it into order. The rug is still frozen stiff right now, I'm wondering if it would thaw if I put it into the barn.

Traci, sorry you had a tummy bug. Yes please do learn skype!!! I have to skype someone soon, it is a great way to communicate, and we used it when oldest DD was in Europe. It was very comforting to be able to see her while we talked.

Karen enjoy your date time!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #4170
Proud Fan Club Member

Not to be an enabler or anything but Roberts has 30% off your entire order coupon today.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #4171
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a skype, but the newest online chat video talk site is ooVoo, you can chat with multiple people at the same time. I think it's up to 6 at the same time without paying for it. It has some fun features you may want to check out. We should all get on ooVoo and we can all chat once a week in real life.

Awww, feel better Traci.

And PS, maybe you could put it in your bathtub to dry/thaw. I'm not sure the barn would be much warmer. I know our garage keeps things very cold once they are frozen. My mop is out there and I always have to thaw it before I can use it in the winter.

DH is taking me to the quilt shop for fabric after my MRI, yeah! Just need 2 10" pieces, so I'm hoping they will cut them for me to exact size so I don't have to. I don't have a long cutting mat.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #4172
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce have fun at the fabric store. I have never heard of Roberts, what is that?

And ooVoo, great idea! I will have to investigate it!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #4173
Proud Fan Club Member

Roberts Crafts is a craft store that I thought was in the West Coast/mid West as we don't have them here, but it's much like Michael's as I under stand it.

The craft store was nice. But you know it's one of those places that everything is at least 9$ a yard, so I just buy the out of season bundles that are on clearance. It's such nice fabric, all the brand name stuff. So anyway, they only had one solid felt that matched my scarf front so the back will be a cocoa brown. Which is fine as it's the same company so it matched perfectly. And I picked up another bundle for my next project. Should keep me busy for a while. I love going there on Fridays. They have everything $1.99 for fat quarters. I love stocking up when I can get there then.

I'm freezing, I think I'll have some cocoa and get in my snuggy.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #4174
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies!

Quick pop in to say hello. Took the big boys to meet a friend for lunch while we did some shopping. Then went to Conner Prairie and the entire outside section of the museum (which is like 95% of the entire museum) was closed for the season. We have apass but upgrade to family +2 so we can take 2 others in free. But they didn't tell us that the rest of the museum was closed. Oh, well. we'll get out monies worth this summer. Had a good time anyway. Then went to Dave and Busters to play video games. Was fun too. Then home for dinner and Christmas with each other. We got the guys Peyton Manning Colts jerseys and a couple games. They got out boys German Soccer jerseys. I guess they have a pretty good national team. They also brought some yummies made by their mother. So sweet. Then a little candle holder thing that has 5 kids/people standing in a circle around a place where you place a votive candle. It means friendship and those in the cirlce are friends for life. So very sweet! They also brought us a German card game that sort of looks like Uno. They know how we love toplay games and play them almost everynight. It's a good family thing....and our boys enjoy it as do the big boys.

Some of Doug's friends are over to play games with the big boys! I've been workingon my friends scrapbook. Her dad travelled extensively withhis job and he is retiring. SShe wanted a scrapbook giving 2 pages to each country and place where her parents could put pictures. So, am doing that for her and am on Sweeden. Am blank on ideas so came to check out Sweeden on the www. I may just sleep on it.

Tomorrow we are heading to Chicago to the Science and Industry museum. Should be a fun day. It's about 3.5 hours there and then again back. We will be tuckered out but we haven't taken our boys there and it's been years since we went. The guys from Germany should enjoy it too!

Well, I'm off to bed.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #4175
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, you can Skype me! Well, except my computer is dead!!! I'm on Doug's laptop right now and I'm not sure Skype is up on it. Dennis and I tried to do it a few times but we kept missing each other.

Anyway, tata for now.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #4176
Proud Fan Club Member

OK, I finished my first scarf. It's huge. But will definately be warm.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #4177
Proud Fan Club Member

Awww Beth, that is very sweet. Love that they are boys and making such nice memories with your family.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #4178
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post

Joyce, that is so neato! Love it and it does look WARM!!! Great job!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #4179
Stazon Splitcoast

Couple of pics from today. One from Dave and Busters of the guys playing a remote controlled car racing game with Doug and Ben. Then one from the part of Conner Prairie that we were able to get in to see of me and the big boys. Dennis is the taller one, Simon the shorter but they are both taller than me!
Attached Thumbnails
164069_1722787063554_1054675224_1949231_7657638_n%5B1%5D.jpg   164123_1722782503440_1054675224_1949218_6858710_s%5B1%5D.jpg  

Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #4180
Stazon Splitcoast

okay, really really off to bed. chicago tomorrow and I'm gonna be paying for it if I don't. Night dorkies!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #4181
Watercolor Wizard

Beth, neato on all of the fun things you've done with your kids, big and small!! Enjoy the day tomorrow.

Joyce, I can't enlarge the picture, but it looks great!

We had a good date today. We ran around Madison and had lunch at a Chinese buffet. The food was good. Yum!

I am almost done with that test sock I am doing. I wanted to buy some Misti Alpaca sock yarn as I really enjoyed the skein I worked up before. Wouldn't you know it the place I put an order in for today (for my Mom's b-day present) doesn't have it any more. Bummer.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #4182
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls...last night here and going home first thing in the morning. There are blizzard warnings tomorrow so hope to get a good start.
Tonight our oldest DD was on TV doing a bit of an interview for a non-profit company in Denver that is sponsoring a New Year's event. Fun to see your daughter on tv...she did a good job!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #4183
Duchess of Dork

*Boof* Just wanted to share with y'all more about the lady I mentioned with cancer. She's made it public now so I can tell you more. You may even know who she is. Katie Renz is the Design Team leader for Clear Dollar Stamps. Hmmm, not sure if she's on SCS or what her SCS username is. I'll check that out. Anyway, here is the blog post with her story: MY PAPER HAVEN: A Sad Story with an unkown ending that happens to be mine...

If you go to her blog you can see what's happened since then. Basically, she was admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve/early Christmas morning & started chemo today in the hospital.

I was in bed most the day today. I told the girls I felt like a word I couldn't say. Natalie said, "Do you feel 'crabby?' " Yes! LOL!

Gotta take some more ibuprofen. Hugs!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #4184
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Hi girls...last night here and going home first thing in the morning. There are blizzard warnings tomorrow so hope to get a good start.
Tonight our oldest DD was on TV doing a bit of an interview for a non-profit company in Denver that is sponsoring a New Year's event. Fun to see your daughter on tv...she did a good job!
Be careful! Fun on your dd being on TV!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #4185
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, I hope you feel better. I can't imagine being sick most days of the year like you are. That must be really exhausting.

Traci, be careful today! We don't need a dead dork.

Today the tree comes down and the house gets cleaned up. We are leaving tomorrow for MN ( I wrote MI, I guess my fingers were hoping I was going to visit PS) so I need to have the house picked up because I hate coming home to a messy house.

Warmer weather is coming for us the next couple of days. Yay! maybe we will melt some snow.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:53 AM   #4186
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning!

Keren glad u hada good day! I think our tree will be up to after New Years! The socks sound lovely!

Lori hope you get to feeling better !! Hugs and prayers for your friend! I'll check out her blog!

We r on the was to Chicago! All four boys are watching King Kong! heard thre was a 4.2 Earthquake north of us about 8 this morning inKokomo! We were in the car and didn't feel a thing! All seems to be okay from what news I can get on my phone

Hope you all have a good day! I'm getting sleepy may need to take a nap!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #4187
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci be careful comong home and how cool about dd on the news! Thats neato!!!

Last edited by Bethhartley; 12-30-2010 at 06:06 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #4188
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth have fun in Chicago! Sounds like you are giving them the whirlwind tour while they are here, but what a blast.

Joyce, great job on the scarf!

Karen, safe travels to MN/MI, whichever direction the car decides to travel.

Traci, neat about DD being on TV, yay!

Lori, I read about hte CDS designer's story on her blog. Sad news to receive and so sudden too.

No news here at all. Played Empire Builder with oldest DD and her fiance last night. They are leaving for home today, they were out yesterday too, had a premarital counseling session with the pastor who is marrying them in June, he lives in Michigan.

After they leave, my tree comes down today too, that sucker is so dry!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #4189
Gabfest Goddess

Boof

Hi gals! I've been horribly sick for the last 2 days haven't been able to keep anything down hopefully today is better, I feel better so that is a start!

Dh and I fixed our plow! Very happy only cost us $20 and took the hole day. lol Just in time for the nasty storm were supposed to get. Were suppose to get 2 feet of snow, rain and freezing sleet.

Today family starts arriving and I need to finish cleaning the house! Did get my blog hop projects done so happy about that, there not great but I wasn't feeling so great myself. lol

Any how hope you all have a great weekend! Were doing our christmas so I won't be on for a few days since family will be here.
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #4190
Gabfest Goddess

So be sure to check out my blog tomorrow I will be giving away blog candy for the blog hop!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #4191
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!

Sitting here on our blue barcolounger couch, not the prettiest, but has held up to lots of people here at Steamboat...and looking out the large sliding glass patio door to snow covered pines. It is 7:40 and it looks dark out there. I should take another walk and get some more pictures before we leave today.
I am not going to get sentimental over this is our last time with DD...I am not going to cry!! Last night she told me I made her feel bad, and beyond teasing her that I would make a clone while she was gone and then asking her how long she was going to be gone, I haven't said anything. So today I am going to zip it. she may just be feeling nervous about leaving, although it doesn't seem like it.
Not looking forward to the drive, but moreso not looking forward to clinching my seat and anything else I can find while the driver drives. That would not be me.

Beth, that sounds like a lot of fun, and your boys will love it. I am excited for all of you!
I have never been to Chicago.

Holly, you need to get better too! I can't believe you got a blog hop done while sick!! Enjoy your family and hope you can rest up today, too. I will try to remember to visit your blog tomorrow.

Karen, thanks for the dead dork comment...well, I am ready to go either way. Have fun on your road trip and hope the roads are dry for you all. I thought you had just gone on a trip for a family get together. Is this DH's side?

Hey, Lori and I don't have to take our tree down. I am already commited to leaving it up at least until after my birthday in mid-January. I love our tree and it has a lot of things I made for it , scripture ornaments and bird nests...and since it's not real, I can leave it up. Everything else will get put away, but there's not that much other up.

We got a call yesterday at home, a message left by our neighbor. He mentioned something about the pond aeration and our driveway and I had visions of water being spewed all over the yard and drive and freezing pipes...huh? And then DH listened, and he was telling us that the geese were taking over the yards and driveways and their poop was everywhere and we needed to call Neighborhood Assoc. and tell them to turn off the aerator on the pond so it will ice up and the geese will fly away. Well, I love looking out our kitchen window to all the geese and ducks and other birds, sitting on the water, it's a beautiful picture. And the geese have made their home here for the past 12 years we've lived here. but glad our driveway is okay.

Last edited by tracim; 12-30-2010 at 06:02 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #4192
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, you poor thing. I feel bad that you are so sick, and hope you can rest up and feel alright. If it isn't strep, maybe a bad cold but will run it's course in a couple of more days. Chicken soup for you! I read the story of your friend, and prayed. She sounds pretty strong, and I can't imagine at such a young age how hard that would be. It sounds like their are many here that know her and are supporting them, which is good.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #4193
Proud Fan Club Member

Lori, I read that on her blog as well as the Papertrey Ink forum. So sad. We are cropping Monday and I'm going to share her story with some of my friends. I'm thinking we may try to put together a small scrapbook so she can do some journaling and pictures for her kids. I think that is something I would want to do.

Awww, Traci, it's your God given right to be motherly. That's all I'm sayin' bout that!

I have to go and get my photo ID today. And we will stop at the outdoor seafood market to get some lobster tails for New Years Eve. Other then that not a thing going on here.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #4194
Watercolor Wizard

Phew, it took the whole morning to take down the tree, put everything away and clean and put the room back in order. It looks so much better now.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #4195
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, we don't take our tree down until after the 7th so we have a few days left. But honestly my house is so plain I love the tree up.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #4196
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

I am at work and can not visit, but I had to do this!

Request of Prayers and Cards for a 3 yr old!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #4197
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, what day does your DD fly out? Skype is an excellent tool when they are overseas, it made me feel so much better to skype DD. I think I'm repeating myself, I believe I've already said this.

No tree taking down yet, DD and her fiance are still here, leaving a bit later so I was showing him the area. Lots of trees.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #4198
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethhartley View Post
Here are a few pics from today at the Speedway Museum
So fun having them here! I only remember you having one German "son". Do they know each other? I think it's SO cool that they are here!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #4199
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Traci, how are things going there?

Beth, great photos. Looks like a great first trip to the states for the boys.

PS, I just saw the email this morning from CDS. Although I'm not even looking as I'm on a spending freeze until after we get back from vacation.

Lori, I am taking on a sewing project this week. I am making a pieced scarf. I have the front done and ironed and added the think lining that you iron on ( I can't remember what it's called) But now I'm thinking the stuff I used may be to think for a scarf. I have to pick up a piece of material for the back of it. I only have fat quarters on hand. Any suggestions of what type of material to use?

I have my yearly MRI today, although I think it hasn't been a year. It seems like just yesterday I had the last one. But the dr emailed me and said she wants one so we are going this afternoon. I hope I can not cough long enough for them to do it.

Have a great day ladies.
Yea for you sewing! I am scoping out quilt patterns. It's so much fun to play with fabric. When I feel better I NEED to do some sewing.

Wow, already time for the MRI? Do you feel like it will be normal? When do you get results?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #4200
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

LOVE IT!!!