Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #4121
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Merry Christmas beautiful ladies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 AM   #4122
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #4123
Gabfest Goddess

Morning ladies!

Hope you all had a great day yesterday!!

I am off to start my busy day here
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #4124
Gabfest Goddess

Laurie I am not sure if I thanked you for the cute christmas card? But thank you! It was soo cute!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #4125
Stazon Splitcoast

We are home again. Took my bro and sil to the airport, then to my sis's house to get something we left with them to bring home. We had7 in our van so it was a tight squeeze home but fun. I love my family so much and am so very thankful. It's nice to be home and sleep in my own bed.

Dinner tonight is bacon, eggs and toast. Dennis and Simon arrive tomorrow about five. doug is gonna go to work since they are not arriving till later in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to a quiet day getting reorganized and cleaning.

I'm totally tired. We slept in the sunroom on a futon with three boys on the floor. Last night my nephew was all stuffy nosed and was sniffing and snorting, tossing and turning all night long. I want a good nights sleep tonight!!

Hope everyone is doing well after the big day yesterday!!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #4126
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hey girls, hope everyone had a nice Christmas with family and friends. We had some difficult news the night before Christmas eve, so I am just regrouping for a few days and won't be on much. Just letting you know. We are going to Steamboat for a few days also. hopefully to relax, and then Erin will be leaving for a few months in about a week.
Take care and enjoy your chit chat here! hugs to all.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #4127
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, I am sorry to hear you had some difficult news. That's always hard to take, but feels worse on a holiday.

Beth, glad you had a nice time. I love my family too!!! My DS just went to his dad's house today and is driving up to Minneapolis for a Cru conference. Middle DD is leaving with DH tomorrow. Oldest DD is staying for a few more days, yay!

Then DH will be home in time for New Year's and I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl!

Holly, Grace, Joyce, nice to see you here!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #4128
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies!

Traci, sorry for the tough news.

Wanted to share some good news that I don't think I have here yet. SIL has a new job starting on Jan 3! supposed to be a 2 week trial probably because of the last place, but a much better situation company and paywise. DD is confident there will be no problems and so am I, hope God's justice prevails with the other company...

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful week, don't know if I will be around much as it is a short week and have to cram lotsa extras in 4 days. Whooo-hooo!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #4129
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Good morning, Dorkies!

PS, I bet you are happy to have DH home for good in a few days. Although the absence of a job isn't too fun. Glad you had some time with your kiddos.

Traci, sorry about the bad news. That's a bummer.

Hi, Holly!

Hi, Wendy!

Hi, Joyce!

And to everyone I am blanking on right now!!

Grace, Yay! on the job!

Beth, glad you are home and sleeping in your own bed now. Is Dennis coming today??
Old 12-27-2010, 04:58 AM   #4130
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning dorkies!

How is everyone today!

DH and middle DD left a little bit ago. I'll see DH next year, he won't be home in time for New Year's, but he will be on the road, so I am a bit concerned, but he'll be in the big truck hauling a trailer so he should be all right.

He and I got to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday, older girls took littlest to see Tangled again. First 'date' we've had since June, I think I need to make finding a sitter a greater priority.

Have to call the gas company the minute they open, they supposedly have a $470 connection sfee we are supposed to pay to have the gas for the house transferred from the previous owner's name to ours. I don't see that, since all they had to do was read the meter and change the name.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #4131
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci, so sorry about the news but glad you will be getting away to Steamboat for a bit. That's alwaysnice. Hugs and prayers!!!

Peggysue, will be praying for dh's saftey as he travels on New Years. Glad you had some good time with your kiddos. Building memories, that's what it's all about! Yeah!!! That's insane about the gas transfere fee. That's just crazy. Hope it isn't so.

Karen, Dennis will get here about 6ish tonight. His young brother is coming with him this trip. His name is Simon! Well, he's not that young. Dennis is probably 20 or 21 now an Simon is probably 18. Doug went ahead and went in to work since he works over by the airport. Then he can take another day off while they are here. We are cleaning and getting reorganized, doing laundry and sort of relaxing a bit. I do need to get off ehre and get moving.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. It's cold here!!! Looks like the east coast is getting slammed with snow. I'm glad Dennis is flying in to Chicago rather than NY area. Sounds like there are lots of airport closures and delays. Just fly right over it, baby, to Chicagoland!!!

Have a great day!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #4132
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda B!!!!! If you are reading....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a wonderful day. We miss you! Check in if/when you can!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #4133
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals, there are only 11 entries in the inchie card challenge on the SSIC blog. You have to scroll to the second page to see it, that might be part of it, also it is the holidays. But you have until January 8th to make a card and enter and the prize is a $15 GC to ODBD, which would be a lot of fun to spend. So your chances of winning are pretty good! Especially for Joyce, who still needs to win the lottery.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #4134
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

afternoon ladies - I really love Christmas I do - but I am so wore down right now. As soon as I am done working I am crawling in my bed and taking a nap. I didn't sleep well last night and DH was trying to tuck me back into bed at 4:30 - I begged him to leave the covers at my feets I was just too hot. Note to self - even if the fleecy jammies that DH bought me are really cute and comfy - dont sleep in them
My girls were still spoiled but very happy....We told them to only expect 5 presents....they got a few more than that most were little things. They each got their 5 gifts they wanted and a few extras. I made them jammies - I will get some pics posted. DH bought me a new camera and an ereader - it was nice of him to spoil me this year. I am glad to see that everyone seemed to have a wonderful christmas!! Time to get back to work.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #4135
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Good Afternoon Ladies...or should I say pooped dorks? Including me...

I slept til 11:30 am yesterday and did not make it to church, however I did go and visit with "the girls" for a couple of hours to see all of their new toys...my little sweethearts.

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas cards that I received.

I burned two fingers from hot water on Christmas, hope they don't peel...my hands hurt alot and they are not a pretty sight...I just took off the chipped red nail polish...blah!

Traci - sorry to hear that you have bad news to deal with...hope you trip to Steamboat brings you peace.

Our Christmas dinner was fantastic! Ken really worked hard on his rib roast, potatoes and creme brulee! We had so much fun with our friends...family is another story, oh well.

Talk to you later ladies...get some rest ok!
Check out Creative Crew Challenges at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ge-forum-f309/
Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #4136
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm looking forward to seeing the jammie photos Leona.

Linda, sorry to hear you burned your fingers! Hope they feel better soon!

Went for the third time to try to get my driver's license switched over and again it didn't work. This time I had enough pieces of the correct type of mail that had my street address on them, but one of the bills was in DH's name so I needed my marriage license with me to prove that we are related. Okay. I don't know if I want to try again soon or just wait until January.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #4137
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Traci, I'm so sorry. Hope you are doing OK.

PS, thanks for the heads up. If I feel up to a challenge I may try to do it.

Thanks to all of you for the sweet Christmas cards. They are just so beutiful and take center stage on my back kitchen counter so everyone sees them.

DH and I both went to the Dr's today. We are both on antibiotics and cough medicine with codeine. Ed's also on an inhaler. But the pharmacy was out of the cough medicine. So hopefully Nyquill will help to get some sleep tonight. I just knew i would get it too. Ugh!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #4138
Creative Crew SU Design Team

PS - sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your driver license...I guess they have to be extra careful these days with all of the fraudelent practices going on...never used to be like that..

Joyce-hope that you and dh get well soon...no fun not feeling well around the Holidays

I am doing some research for my next class themed Valentine...my next favorite holiday...maybe a little more fun cause it is dh and my anniversary...
Any ideas? thanks...
Check out Creative Crew Challenges at: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...ge-forum-f309/
Old 12-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #4139
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

We made it to Steamboat...long drive but the roads were okay. DD is with us, so that is nice.
Talked to my mom and she says they will be going home on Wednesday, but they need to make sure there is home visiting caregivers twice a day. Dad's second operation was not a success. So hope they can cope until I send Erin off to Spain in a week. I can't leave before she does. That is good news.

I think I said thanks for the cards...I got a lil package from Karen and your card was appreciated too.
I honestly wouldn't care if I got zero presents for Christmas, but I did. Oh well. Our family spent the day together and went to Tom's dad's for the afternoon. Chaos there as usual.
Linda,, I am sorry about your fingers. That sounds so painful, and hope they are better. And your dinner sounds amazing.
PS, wait till January. Is that why you are walking everywhere?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #4140
Watercolor Wizard

Laurie, I followed your lead and called the vet and asked for a prescription for the dog for yet another ear infection. Amazingly they gave it to me. It saves me a bunch of $$!!

PS, did you tell the DMV that they might be dorks?? I can vouch for who you are. Isn't that enough??

Traci, glad you got the package.

Leona, good job on getting the jammies done. Wasn't Wendy making some too?

Traci, glad you are safe!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #4141
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Good Morning ladies!

Wanted to share some good news that I don't think I have here yet. SIL has a new job starting on Jan 3! supposed to be a 2 week trial probably because of the last place, but a much better situation company and paywise. DD is confident there will be no problems and so am I, hope God's justice prevails with the other company...

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful week, don't know if I will be around much as it is a short week and have to cram lotsa extras in 4 days. Whooo-hooo!
Grace that is awesome about sil!!! Yeah!!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #4142
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysue View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the jammie photos Leona.

Linda, sorry to hear you burned your fingers! Hope they feel better soon!

Went for the third time to try to get my driver's license switched over and again it didn't work. This time I had enough pieces of the correct type of mail that had my street address on them, but one of the bills was in DH's name so I needed my marriage license with me to prove that we are related. Okay. I don't know if I want to try again soon or just wait until January.
I hate the DMV! Really... All that crap and any person here illegally can go right in and get a license. Crazy! I'm having issues w them at the moment too but that's another story that I don't want to type on my phone! Laptop is dead!

Old 12-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #4143
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci glad u made if to steamboat safe and sound. Enjoy the days there and good news about your parents!!

Ouch fingers Grace! Hope they feel better!

Joyce you and hubby ought to be feeling better too with some meds! Durn colds/infections! Not fun!

Our two German boys are here! Yeah!! The were delayed leaving Germany which made them miss their connecting flight from Chicago to here but they were on the next flight which came in about 45 min later! All is good. We are home, had dinner, and have four boys sound asleep upstairs! Feels nice!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #4144
Stazon Splitcoast

There you go, Karen had the solution. I'll just have her drive around the lake, come in with me and vouch for me.

Beth, glad you have all your boys at home sleeping safe and sound. So cool that they could come for a visit!!!

Not much going on here. Cleaning up and relaxing after Christmas. I actually did a bit too much relaxing this evening, I have a lot of cleaning and laundry to do tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #4145
Duchess of Dork

Hey gals! As you see, I didn't get on to chat while at MIL's. Nat & I have upper resp. crud. Made dr. appts for the morning. I haven't heard from Kathy yet & am concerned as we were with her Wed. eve. Had scratchy throats, but it felt like drainage, so assumed allergies. No fever or anything. Then Thursday night we both had sore throats. I'm hoping K. didn't get sick.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I'm hoping I can chat this week.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #4146
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!

Lori, I am glad you are home and I hope Kathy doesn't get your crud.

PS, can't you just go to the DMV and say, "Well, Karen, who's middle name shall not be revealed, says I am who I am!" and if that doesn't work then use everyone of the dorks!

Grace, I must have missed your ouchie fingers. I hope they feel better now.

Beth, Yay on getting the German sons home safe and sound. I hope you all have fun this week!

I am thinking of taking the tree down today. This weekend we go to MIL's so I don't want to do it when we get back. I will be too pooped.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #4147
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Good Morning ladies!

Woo Hoo that is great news!!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #4148
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my dorkies

Traci sorry for the bad news, sorry about your dads surgery. ((hugs))

PS those DMV places are dorks! Yeah for fun date!

Beth sounds like your all having a blast!

hi ya to all the dorks!! hope your all doing good crazy days here as normal. lol

Leona I got your christmas card thank you! I loved it I may be casing that for next year for my family!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #4149
Gabfest Goddess

Boof Over and Out
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #4150
Proud Fan Club Member

Was that Holly flying by. I just saw the flash of a "SD" (super dork) streak across the screen.

Lori, sound like our house. Ed's cough is awful. I just can't talk very well.

I am in post Christmas clean up mode. I want to have everything put away before New Years so I just have the tree to take down before we go away. I hate to come back to a mess and lots of work to do.

That is great Karen, glad they called in the RX for you.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #4151
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Thank you Holly - I tried to stick to one layered cards so that I could get them done faster - one layer is very hard for me to do.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #4152
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

The ouchie fingers are Linda's I think. She burned herself. I've done a quick hop on at work. Buried in round two of sale signs and changes coming down the pike that may affect me, nothing bad actually could end up being better. Will try to pop in and catch up more tonight. Wasn't feeling too hot yesterday, not as young as I used to be and the OT is catching up to me.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #4153
Stazon Splitcoast

<-----just spilled half a quart of paint on the dining room rug

<-----is figuring out if she can convince DH its a new form of fabric distressing
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #4154
Duchess of Dork

Hi! Karen, I popped on for a few minutes early today & saw that you had posted. I was going to ask, "Oh, you have off this week too?" Then I realized that "done with work for the rest of the year" probably includes, um, the rest of the year. LOL! THey don't call me dork for nothin'!

PS, what is up with you not knowing who you are? Or the DMV not knowing who you are? Are you REALLY with the DSS? Does it have to do with living on a street with a name no one is supposed to know about? Do tell!

Grace, saw that SIL got a job. YEA! Even a "might just be for now" is better than none & will show future employees he's ready to work. Hopefully this will be his future employee, though, long term.

Thank you to you ladies who sent Christmas cards. I so enjoy them, but as you can see, didn't get any sent out. I even bought printer paper for letters. Oh, well. Now many folks have no clue where we even live since we've moved & haven't sent out a letter or card in years. WAAAAAAAHHH! Or YEAAAAAAAA!!! Depending on how you look at that. LOL!

Joyce, I guess you got what dd & dh had. Yuck! Hope you all get well soon! I've got an antibiotic (AGAIN) called in. Girls got swabbed for strep, but it was negative in office. They did a 2nd one to send off to culture. Nothing like having to gag twice. I think I'd prefer a shot to the strep test. My dr. didn't think mine looked streppy, but said if the girls shows up positive that the antibiotic will work on strep, too, for me, just in case.

Hi Beffers! Hope you're enjoying your time off!

Traci, sorry about your dad's surgery. Will this mean ANOTHER surgery? How is FIL doing? What will Erin do in Spain? What travelers your family has in it!

Leona, will you for sure be going back to work at the office? How are things going? I see you've been sewing up a storm. Wish I could work as fast as you do! You sew girl! LOL!

Think that's as caught up as I can get. Oh, yeah, I saw somewhere mention of PS & Wheat grass. I'm thinking someone with celiac shouldn't have wheat grass. What? You say it's a paint color? Well, why would PS be eating paint? Especially gluten paint? Oh! You mean she was going to PAINT with a color called wheat grass? That explains why she put it on the floor. She wanted to try to grow wheat grass. Silly PS, you can't grow it from paint, and if you did, you couldn't eat it! hee-hee-hee.

hugs to my dorkies.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #4155
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
<-----just spilled half a quart of paint on the dining room rug

<-----is figuring out if she can convince DH its a new form of fabric distressing
I'd say it's certainly a form of distressing. I'd be distressed & am guessing you are. And dh might be.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #4156
Duchess of Dork

And Holly. God bless Holly.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #4157
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh darn PS, I guess it was time for new carpet to match the new paint. Ugh!

We were feeling well enough to deliver the remaining 2 Christmas gifts we had. To a Gram and Aunt. Went to Grams first because my Mom said they would be home, and wouldn't you know it. She wasn't. So then on to Aunts who wasn't home, but Uncle was so delivered that one. So now we are back home and warm on the couch.

It was so windy here today a train was crossing the river and 2 of the cars were blown off the track and ended up in the river. Good thing they weren't passenger trains.

I think I may just play in the scrap room tonight. I feel like sewing something maybe.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #4158
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Joyce, that is windy! Sounds almost like a microburst or something!

Yes Lori, I am distressed, so I guess the technique worked. I spent the afternoon pouring hot boiling water on the rug outside in the snow and got a LOT of the paint out of it. I think I might have salvaged it. I have to let it dry, right now it is frozen stiff.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #4159
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Wow Joyce, that is windy! Sounds almost like a microburst or something!

Yes Lori, I am distressed, so I guess the technique worked. I spent the afternoon pouring hot boiling water on the rug outside in the snow and got a LOT of the paint out of it. I think I might have salvaged it. I have to let it dry, right now it is frozen stiff.

So now you're freeze-drying rugs? Do the fibers taste as good as freeze dried ground coffee beans when you boil them in hot water???

Ok, I'm really feeling goofy so will wish everyone a relaxing evening and try to have one myself.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #4160
Stazon Splitcoast

Grace, that's so funny. I'd say maybe you h ave been snorting into Joyce and Lori's meds! LOL! Silly girl!

PS, so glad you got most of the paint out. What a mess...but glad it was a rug and not the carpet. Ugh.

Traci, I must have missed about your dad's sugery. That is tough. So sorry but will be praying.

My thumb joints are really bothering me. I'll be sleeping with my splints on tonight for sure.

Yup, the guys got here safe and sound and slept till10 this a.m. There are pics on my facebook page if anyone wants to peek. Such cutie big boys. Love 'em to pieces. We met Doug anda nother friend at a Japanese Steakhouse for lunch today. Something fun for the guys to try. Then we went to Doug's work. Dennis worked there when he was here before so it was good for him to see some of hisfriends from work. Then we went over to the Indy 500 museum at the track. Dh works really close by the track so it was fun to see. I think Dennis was there before but this is his brothers 1st time in the US so he hadn't seen it. We'd not ever taken the boys before either so we had a great time. Some dude had made a recreation of the track, cars, infield, bleachers, people, with Legos. Was quite a creation and took the guy 8 years to build. The boys loved that!

Now a few guy friends are over playing games. Ben is playing withthem and Sam and I played 3 games of Aggrivation. I'm getting tired but may go work on my meighbors scrapbook for a bit. She wanted me to make an 10x10 for her father's retirement and I haven't started on it yet.

Tomorrow....not sure what we are doing. We talked about going to Chicago later in the week. The guys were sort of interested in that.

Alright, dorkies, talk to you all later. Hogs and kisses!