Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree172Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #4001
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Ashlyn is all settled in and even cleaned her room and bathroom today.......isn't that odd!? LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #4002
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Traci and Peggysue, thank you for the happy mail.

Joyce, I would keep the shrimp for you, DD and DH. The rest can get their own.
Operation Write Home
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #4003
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Karen Lynn

Laurie, did you see me wave to you as I passed Waukesha this past weekend?

Yay! Ashlyn cleaned the bathroom! Does she want to do mine??
Old 12-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #4004
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

I saw ya Karen...did you see me wave back?
Operation Write Home
Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #4005
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls!

Am in a much better mood, got a big chunk of signs printed today, would have stayed later, but started having issues with the link from my computer to the printer so ended up rebooting mine and the one the printer is directly connected to. Finally started printing right again, but bailed as I think the problem started when I turned a light switch on in the hall way where the printer, copier and shredder are to see what the problem was since it had quit printing and then printer powered off! Decided it would be better for me to stop and try again tomorrow, besides we were having sleet on top of snow all day so probably was for the best. Ended with risking a shopping trip to Kohl's and found some awesome deals on thermals for DH. {score!}
Gonna scoot, need to help DH with some online schtuff.

May pop back on later...
Old 12-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #4006
Watercolor Wizard

Yep! That's why I waved! I saw you and Chey out for a walk.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #4007
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, she must be feeling the christmas spirit by getting her room all cleaned today! Yeah!!!

Yeah!!! for the Christmas tree at Peggysue's house....

Yeah!!! for the new sewing machine and Karen's house.....

Yeah!!! for good Christmas shows at Six Flags and sweet kids with Christmas List's at Lori's house....

Bahumbug!!! for dorky family members that hog all the shrimp!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #4008
Stazon Splitcoast

We watched The Christmas Shoes tonight...bawled my eyes out!

Ran for a 2 miler but walked a lot cuz I had to pee and should have worn a diaper!

Almond Bark is in the double broiler for the cereal bark stuff I'm taking to mom's.

it's snowing.......

Boys ahd a good day with daddy while I had to work. Some friends at church needed a sitter for their 5 year old..single mom and they live close..so Doug watch him today. Sso sweet and I'm proud of my good hubby.

Did you know deer antlers make good chews for doggies? I stopped by the K9 place to get a treat for Tessa and another few links for her choke collar....they suggested a deer antler...fun treat but am sorry she's eating Rudolph!

Okay, gonna get this almond bark stuff done then off to wrap presents.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #4009
Watercolor Wizard

Beth, that's a cool idea about the deer antlers. I have some in the house in my crafting closet that I was supposed to turn into the handles of a basket. They are small, but it is an idea.
Good deal on the run! Did I tell you that Sophie and I are up to 4 blocks?? It has taken us about 5 months to go that far. Pathetic! We didn't run as part of our walk today because the layer of snow over the ice melted so I lost the little traction that I had. We are getting hit hard with snow tonight so that might help tomorrow. Then again, no one would have shoveled so I will have to wade through the snow instead.

We went to Subway for lunch to treat BIL since he's here to help with the basement. I didn't want to eat dinner but DH wanted to go to the local chinese place for a date. We went and I ate even though I should not have. I am paying for it now. I was in the bathroom with the dry heaves, but nothing came up. I am not into making myself puke. I have never done that before. I tried tonight because I felt that awful. I am such a dork that I can't even do that right and I got nothing up! I gave up and took some pepto-bismol. I am feeling better already. Dork, dork, dork for eating so much!

Dork alert!!! Dork Alert!!! I was working with my new Karen proof sewing machine today. I know to iron my fabric first (are you shocked, Lori??). I got out the iron and used it. Now I have a fussy iron. Sometimes it works (yes, it is ON) and sometimes it doesn't. After I used it I unplugged it. I went back to use it again, so I plugged it in again. Darn! it won't work! I unplugged it and put it into the other outlet. It still won't work (sometimes that works with my fussy iron). I am beside myself!!! I look one more time and pull on the plug until I get to the prongs. Huhn, this doesn't make sense. It is plugged in but yet I am holding the prongs. I look down and see that all this time I have plugged in the electric skillet power supply that wasn't put away from making pancakes this AM. Geesh! I am so glad I already have the title of Queen Dork!!!

Did I fulfill my quota of dorkiness today??

Last edited by Karen Lynn; 12-20-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #4010
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Yep, Karen, you win the title!! Too funny...and wow on the sewing machine. I had a little one when I was probably 8, and ever since I've been mesmerized by sewing. SO cool!! Now you can sew your cards. That is nice of brother to help with the basement.

Beth, funny about the reindeer antlers. Our corgi used to chew cow hooves, but I had to put an end to it. One, they stink to high heaven, 2, they cracked his teeth and after paying over 1,000.00 in dental surgery bills, we said no more to that. That was nice of Doug to babysit for sure. And great with the run.

Well, I guess we had a rainbow here today. I missed it, but a friend put it up on FB, a double one, about 10 a.m. Crazy weather...we are not nearly as cold as usual here in town.

But...OUr daughter was going up with a bunch of co-workers caravaning to Steamboat.
They go through Laramie, Wyoming. Well, one of the cars behind Erin hit black ice, and BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE SNOW TIRES...they spun out and hit the guard rail and had to have it towed back to Fort Collins. That is scarey...why??? IT is a two lane road thru Wyoming...that is the way we went when Peggysue and Lois went...and it is not a place you want to spin out. Thankfully, the car was hurt, but everyone was ok. I heard about it after the fact, Erin didn't want to worry me. Who me, worry? I just pray a lot!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #4011
Stazon Splitcoast

I got all the shopping done for the 3 teen girls, that took most of the afternoon. So tuckered out, but it's good to have done.

I love shrimp.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #4012
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi gals! Whew! I am beat! I did it though, I finished painting the entire living room in one day, I think it measures about 2o x 14. The walls are warmer, already helps the house feel more like mine.

I also baked two batches of cookies, did five loads of laundry and went to DDs winter program at school. I had a busy day, but I'm so happy with how the walls look. Tomorrow if the sun is out I'll be able to see if I missed any spots. That's my present to DH for Christmas, because he hates painting and he doesn't know I bought the paint, so it will be a surprise when he comes home on Thursday.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #4013
Stazon Splitcoast

That is a LOT to do for one day, Peggysue...you who painted the door and nobody knew what it was...you have become a marathon painter just like Beth is a marathon runner!! What a great gift for your DH...that is a gift of the heart for sure. What color? You know me and paint.

Lori, Hi!! I can't remember all you wrote, but we don't always "adopt" a family...this just happened to be needed. There is still time to help someone out, give out a potato bag on your blog! Seriously...your girls have the right attitude...the cancer research would be a great cause. How are you feeling?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #4014
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay for the new sewing machine Karen!

Yay for Beth's DH for babysitting and for all the running!

Joyce, you can also have all of my shrimp, I do not like them. I will serve a big bowl and you can eat allllll of them!

Traci, glad you had a good time at the party, and wow, that is a scary car incident! So fortunate no one was hurt!

I am going to chill and watch the rest of the Bears game before bed. I really like my warm brown walls.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #4015
Stazon Splitcoast

Traci remember that light minty green color SU retired a few years ago? That's the color the walls were.

Now they are a shade that falls between close to cocoa and creamy caramel on three of the walls and one accent wall that is a gingerbread color.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #4016
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooh...nice...and you did that with one paint swoop? I would have probably changed my mind a few times. Sounds pretty!!

Well, going to retire early, tomorrow is super busy. Night ladies!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #4017
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Ashlyn is all settled in and even cleaned her room and bathroom today.......isn't that odd!? LOL
Santa's making a list...checking it twice!!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #4018
Stazon Splitcoast

Still up and gonna pay for it tomorrow.

Wrapping presents and cleaning up. Got hungry and ate some chips which will probably clean me up at 4 a.m.

Still snowing. I'm hoping for a day off so I can bake and get things ready.

Hugs to youall!

Old 12-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #4019
Duchess of Dork

I'm tired. Karen Sue is a dork. Sue is a pseudomedialnym to protect the identity of her real middle name.

Wow, Traci, that is scary. A friend's dd had that happen in CO a few years ago. So frightening.

2 late 2 type more.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:42 AM   #4020
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning, Dorkies!
It is about 3:30 AM and I can't sleep. It might be all of that soda I had yesterday. My tummy feels better but I think I am going to take it easy on the intake. I'd like to go without eating for a day just to give my system a rest, but I don't think I have that much will power.

Traci, how scary. I am glad everyone is okay. I remember how scary those passes were when I was a kid in the summer time riding in a suburban and a 23 foot hitch trailer. Add a little snow, ice and night time and yikes!

PS, wow! you want to come and visit and finish painting what DH hasn't finished? I like the colors you picked. Very pretty and like you said, warm.

Beth, I am stalling on wrapping the boys gifts. I don't want to put them under the tree yet and tempt them to shake, fondle and destroy them. Good for you for getting it done!

Lori, there is such a thing as too late for you?? I always thought you had a too early, but not a too late!

I am planning on going swimming at 6 AM. I should try and go back to sleep. Then again if school is delayed the pool probably won't be open. Maybe I should peek out the windows and look at what it is doing outside.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:49 AM   #4021
Watercolor Wizard

I went back to bed and now I am up and ready to go swimming. I just checked and our school is on a two hour delay. I am thinking that the pool might not be open then. I will give it a few more minutes and call. If it isn't open I will take Sophie for her walk.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #4022
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, dorks up at all hours, late and super early!

Karen, hope the tummy feels better. Are you sure swimming is a good idea right now?

Today I have to wrap, vacuum, fold the five loads of laundry that I just switched in the machines, put the furniture back into place and clear out the mudroom. Oh, and visit the post office. Here I thought I was being so efficient yesterday to have two packages ready for priority mail and got there at ten minutes to five only to discover the po closes at 4:3o.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #4023
Watercolor Wizard

Whew! An hour swim this AM and I swam 1.75 miles!!! My muscles were stiff and wouldn't warm up so it didn't feel the best.
I have the oven heating up for cinnamon rolls, which after my eating binge yesterday I will refrain from eating, for breakfast.

I feel like I am talking to myself today.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #4024
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn View Post
Whew! An hour swim this AM and I swam 1.75 miles!!! My muscles were stiff and wouldn't warm up so it didn't feel the best.
I have the oven heating up for cinnamon rolls, which after my eating binge yesterday I will refrain from eating, for breakfast.

I feel like I am talking to myself today.
So what am I, chopped liver?

Wait. I know what it is . . .
My thoughts must be secret and invisible like Lori's. She an I are probably double zero spies, licensed to kill . . . after all she has all those pampered chef knives . . .but what do I have? Oh oh, out of weaponry. They won't let me be a spy anymore . . .
Old 12-21-2010, 04:38 AM   #4025
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to hit the chores. Hope you all have a good morning.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #4026
Stazon Splitcoast

Chopped liver and cinnamon rolls, now I am hungry.

Well, I have to drop off the gifts at our church this morning before going to get our dog his liver flavored powder mix that is supposed to help his joints. He has been without for a few days and I think it does help him a lot.
Then a hair appt that got switched to 10 a.m. from 6 p.m...then home again at 12:30 *it's a color to make up for the botched job that still isn't fixed....then
our chair is supposed to be delivered between 1-3 and while waiting, all kinds of fun things to do. Still have 1-2 straggler cards to mail, but I have most of it done. And still doing online shopping yesterday because people don't tell you what they're doing...ahem...and still have one more stop for DH.
And then...and then...and then...wow, I am tired already.
I don't operate well doing late nights and early mornings. I am so glad I don't have to do all of that like some of you.
Karen, good for you with the swim!! Glad you caught another hour of sleep!

PS, well, the packages will make it, you are efficient, I think...that was so much you got done.

Lori, hope you can get up before 1:00 today...and feel better!!

Oh yes, and all those kids from Erin's work will be driving back here tonight. So prayers appreciated. I think they may regret that trip for such a short time period.

Beth...take it easy. I can not imagine all you are dealing with the excitement of your students along with all that you need to do. Try to pace yourself.

Karen, I get that way too if I eat too much, acid reflux hits bad. I just can't eat much for dinner unless I stay up late. Which isn't a bad thing.

Will check in later girls.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #4027
Proud Fan Club Member

That is very sweet of your husband Beth. And what's one more little guy at your house.

Ashlyn is up and dressed to go with us for groceries and to pick up my parents gift. It must be the "making a list and checking it twice" thing.

PS, you are killing me. It' took me all day just to do one rooom and you did a ton more. Can you come and help with my house when you are finished. It's been 5 years and most of my walls are still builder antique white.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #4028
Gabfest Goddess

Hi ladies! Off to catch up
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #4029
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
Girls, I have to say you are so supportive. Last night was the party, DH was home by 7:30, and brought me his lil gift that was exchanged. It was done early to limit the time away...anyway it is a done deal. It is okay.

I am not though...just having bad headaches for a few days, maybe stress related with parents' situation...they have both been pretty strong and loving but firm, they don't want to add to their worries with me driving over the passes this time of year. They are like that. Anyway, IF you would pray the headaches would get better...I have not had much reprieve and there is much to get done around here. Thank you.

Holly, your online classes, I'll have to look into...is that the same as your videos? That is super, you do great at those.

PS, I think every day for me is a bit of a party, I have a lot of freedom of time, just don't celebrate enough. I like your idea, it would be more fun with more people, though.

Joyce, when do you find out how much you win at the lottery?

Lori, one of our daughters passed me up in shoe size by junior high...and it is tough, if you have a shoe warehouse it helps. I remember those days. Friends with hand me downs are a good thing, for sure! Heels, not!! And how are you doing?

Grace, I can only imagine the headache with papers...please enjoy your weekend.

All you ladies, love to you, stay warm.
My online class has a seperate site, you get 14 projects with PDF step by step tutorials, and Video tutorials. You can visit HERE for details. This is the homepage of my site.
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #4030
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracim View Post
I am sorry I missed the message, or forgot, Holly.
I will pm the care center address to you and Beth now.
Yes, Beth, I would say now would be a very good time, and I appreciate it.
Since I have not been there, I still haven't seen their cards, but if you have sent one,
thank you again!

I still have a headache...all TMJ related. Need relief badly. ugg.
Not a problem it went postal
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #4031
Gabfest Goddess

Beth sounds like a lot of fun and that was sweet of your dh!!

Karen yep your a dork

Traci yikes about your daughter! glad there all ok, thanks for the beautiful christmas card!

PS wow that is a lot of painting!

Hi to all of you

Been very busy here and we got about 8" of snow last night and were supposed to get another 3 today. got the gifts all wrapped, trees are up!

Hope you all have a great day!
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Old 12-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #4032
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, I'd be happy to come help you paint some time. I used to be horrible at it, as Traci remembers, but I've gotten better! And I was highly motivated. I'm actually thinking of doing the dining room before they get home too, but I can't decide what color it should be. Now I can hang up pictures and truly shop for curtains. The more I think about it, the more I believe lacy sheers would look nice.

In the daylight, with the paint dry, now it looks like the lighter shade is between blush blossom and close to cocoa and the darker shade is more of a light peanut brittle sort of color. I can live with them for now, I'd like to go a bit darker but I should leave them up there for a while and see them in Spring at least.

I vacuumed, put the furniture back, saved the tree from falling over by tieing it up with shoelaces and put the lights on it. That all took a long time!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #4033
Stazon Splitcoast

What do you think about a complementary green color in the dining room . . . not the minty green in there now, but something that goes with the browns? Or is green not a good color for a dining room?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #4034
Duchess of Dork

Another friend just diagnosed with cancer that has spread. Can't do surgery, just chemo. Please pray. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #4035
Watercolor Wizard

Lori, I don't know if I want to know you. All your friends get cancer and that scares me! I hope the chemo works.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #4036
Proud Fan Club Member

My dining room is green PS, really close to Karen's living room color. LOL I think you should go green!

Lori, that is scary. Wow, what is it with cancer where you live?

Wow, Holly your site is awesome good luck with that.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #4037
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

Hello Ladies!!
I am back to a somewhat normal routine. With being on Vacation last week and all that stinking backing I did I was so busy I felt like I was working more than I do when I actually sit and work. Our christmas shopping is done. We just have to finish wrapping. I even got all of my dork christmas christmas cards written out. Once I adress the envelopes out they go!! I have a few small projects to finish and give our house a good cleaning and we will be set for christmas and 2011
I am glad to get back on here - It looks like I will probably have to go back to the office - i dont have the 6-15K to get this highspeed cable internet installed. I am waiting for the office to tell me my fate.
If by chance I do not get back on here again this week have a wonderful Christmas!!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #4038
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via MSN to BettyBoop032004 Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBoop032004

My kitchen, dining room and sitting room, along with all of my hallways and halfbath are all that khaki green color. I really like it.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #4039
Stazon Splitcoast

Merry Christmas, Leona!! Your baking looked wonderful on FB...did you sell your cheesecakes?

Green seems to be the theme, Peggysue. I have green in two of the bedrooms, and something closer to River Rock in our family room, tan in the kitchen. And a rosy burgundy/vanilla 1/2 up to chair rail burgundy/upper part a creamy vanilla and really like it in the dining room. I chose the color accent my Nana's china that I inherited. When looking at the dining room, just make sure you like it with your dishes. The other thing to think about is group of 3's. Meaning you can have 3 colors for design in your home. Carry two of those colors into each room, changing out one if you want. That way the rooms flow one from another. Ex: We have river rock, burgundy, and a tiny bit of green, in our family room. Carry the burgundy into the dining room, the burgundy and green with tan walls into the kitchen, a different shade of green and lighter burgundy (rose) into bedroom, a darker burgundy and gold in the bath...so it all flows. Upstairs we don't have that...yet. I learned this from realtors over several moves and looking at homes. Now you don't have to do that, but for me it helps me feel more calm in our home too. It just works for me.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #4040
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, I am so sorry to hear another of your friends is going to be facing this health struggle. This has been a hard year for you.

Traci, I think I will follow that advice, that a good thing to keep in mind. Keep the browns in the hallway introducing a green into the dining room. I'm going to Ace Hardware tomorrow!

Littlest DD and I put the ornaments on the tree tonight and bonus, we had a package of tinsel left over from last year. I am not putting anything else up, just the nativity set. The kids are leaving the day after Christmas and with all the packing and unpacking I'd rather keep the decorations to a minimum.

But the tree does look nice. It was starting to fall so I tied it to a piece of furniture with a set of shoe laces. You almost can't see them.

Hoping you all are having a good evening.